Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cool Bear
Sep 2, 2012

You smoke dogshit?!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

source your quotes

Drythe posted:

these are original thoughts, please dont insult me as i try to bring to light the terrible cash shopkarma system, thanks.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

just declare war on them so you can kill them with impunity

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Futaba Anzu posted:

just declare war on them so you can kill them with impunity

cant declare war on the guildless im literally their worst nightmare

i love it when they try to threaten me out of it "These are my mobs, if you dont leave I'll kill you!" and I'm like sure go ahead buddy I'll just come back and after the second kill they just ignore me.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Competing for grind spots is a waste of time for all parties. The core of the problem is that there are 3 grind spots for normal people that are far and away better than everything else. Someone on reddit claims the reason most of valencia is so poo poo is because they have p2w scrolls that increase trash loot drops but not exchange item drops. I think we have the items as well but they're only really available with the 90 day VP package so it's not really relevant. Like seriously basically nobody grinds in the desert except for pila ku and then only so they can grind all day with no interruptions.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

:siren: The game is having a 40% off sale right now on the website and people who previously bought the base game or middle package can upgrade to the higher packages at similar discounts. If you bought the base game and wish you got the explorer's pack, now is a good time that you could upgrade to it since you easily get more than $25 value of items :siren:

Steam has a similar sale but as far as I know no upgrade options

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Is Valkyrie good? I like the idea of the class(support and shield) just read some stuff that they sucked but that was 2015/16, so not sure if still relevant?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Keegers posted:

Is Valkyrie good? I like the idea of the class(support and shield) just read some stuff that they sucked but that was 2015/16, so not sure if still relevant?

the second highest level character is a valkyrie for whatever that counts

J
Jun 10, 2001

Futaba Anzu posted:

the second highest level character is a valkyrie for whatever that counts

He streams in case you want to look at his past videos and see what a decked out level 62 valkryie looks like running around pila ku. I think it looks pretty solid but obviously getting anywhere near that point is a long rear end journey. I'm not sure how the class is with average gear and level.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Valkyrie is a class you have to really enjoy to play. It doesn't have fantastic grinding ability compared to other classes--in fact Pila Ku is one of the few places where valkyrie is good at grinding, and in fact it is one of the best classes for grinding pila ku. That being said, he got to 62 not because valk is a good class but because he put in the thousands of hours needed to get there.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Guess Valk is out for me. Is there any class that kites after awakening? Ranger looked like a kiting class but they got daggers :bahgawd:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I have a level 40 Valk that was my first character I made. It's fun for me because I like being able to throw my shield a things and grab slam monsters but it's not as fun as other classes can be. I just started a Dark Knight and I'm having a great time killing mobs with her. Tamer is also really fun if you like to flip around like Yoda and since things up with your giant demonic pet.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Cooking while wearing the fish costume is the best.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Cooking while wearing the fish costume is the best.

when you're 500 stacks into an order of fish sandwiches when it dawns on you

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Gear in this game confuses me a lot.

I basically followed advice to use Agerian armor all the way up to level 50, and I was unkillable and the set bonuses seemed like they would help me murder things faster. Around 51 or 52 I started getting some "Dim Magical" armor items from Black Spirit quests and they seem ridiculously more powerful. Is there some kind of catch to this gear? Why is there such a huge power jump and I'm getting it for free? Googling around explains nothing except people talking about finding an upgrading these items.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
That's kind of the "catch up" gear added in the questlines post-50. There's no catch to them besides the items having no bonuses besides the ap/dp they give you. I'm still wearing the chest armor and I hit 56 a few days ago

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Speaking of catch up gear, they really need to release another tier of super gear for whales and slightly less powerful catch up gear for casuals. The gap continues to get bigger the longer gear remains stagnant

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
They don't really explain the upgrade system well at all. I gave all my gear super aids by failing a bunch of upgrades before I realized that failing reduced durability.

Keegers posted:

Block is insanely good and Valk has a lot of ability's that can CC your opponents by knocking them around/down but if your looking to death laser your way through everything it's not for you.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Agerian hasn't been recommended in ages. You want basically any 2 crystal slot armor set over it, with the most useful bonuses coming from grunil, heve, or hercules. Fortuna also has two slots, but it gives luck and who the gently caress knows if luck does anything

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

gwrtheyrn posted:

If you bought the base game and wish you got the explorer's pack, now is a good time that you could upgrade to it since you easily get more than $25 value of items :siren:

Thanks!

Upgrading was not possible last time there was a sale. Since i already had the game the buy option was greyed out.

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
State of the Park:
Up to almost 70 members(About 40 actives?). If we hit 76, we will be able to get 400mil a week instead of 300mil a week in guild welfare. If we get over 1billion, we get taxed so the goal is to get people up higher on payouts as soon as possible.
Do poo poo to get contribution and once it hits 10k, I can double the current payout.
Plan is to bump people up first come first serve. Once we start paying out more than we get in income, then I'll bring it in line based on who is doing the most in GQs, activity, etc.

68 points until we can get all the combat skills to 5, Fishing to 3 (currently 1) and the summon to guild leader skill. We've been getting close to 4 points a week although I think that might slow down a bit since it probably takes more exp to level as we get higher and higher.

Possible group activities to do:
Whaling? Need about 10 people to make whale hunting not miserable. Also, each shooter should have a +5 Apprentice rifle at the least.
Node Wars? Probably need about 20 people with 400 GS for scrub tier nodes.
A good amount short on both fronts right now but beyond those two, there's not much group content. Probably about halfway on both?
Most of the guild is fairly casual but content would help drive some degree of maintained interest in the game so if this sounds like it might be interesting, just work on the requirements and we can give it a go when we get enough.

PNR doesn't have any activity/gear requirements or restrictions. Just join and if you want to join another guild later on, go for it.
Chat is reasonably active in the US prime times but fairly quiet during non-peak times.
If you're new especially, just join so you can leech scrolls and get free money to help gear up.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

I'll join up soon, I play from 11pm-6am most nights so probably will miss out on any activities... such is life.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
How do I get an invite? I don't actively play much but I do a lot of AFK fishing and processing.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

a dingus posted:

How do I get an invite? I don't actively play much but I do a lot of AFK fishing and processing.

https://discord.gg/tXJYW48 bug someone there

Arcade posted:

I'll join up soon, I play from 11pm-6am most nights so probably will miss out on any activities... such is life.
Depending on your tz some people will still be active. Guild activity usually dies around 12-2am pacific depending on the day

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

TVDinna posted:

Probably need about 20 people with 400 GS for scrub tier nodes.

How long does it take to get to 400gs?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Keegers posted:

How long does it take to get to 400gs?

Months if not longer of grinding / AFK Lifeskilling to accumulate the amount of silver required to buy your gear.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
:bern101: holy gently caress has pnr come around, good work

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
I'm interested in this game, but mainly for PvP with my buds more than anything. I've read that it takes a pretty serious grind to being competitive?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Divine Blob posted:

I'm interested in this game, but mainly for PvP with my buds more than anything. I've read that it takes a pretty serious grind to being competitive?

Stay far away

It's a korean mmo, so its an infinitely tall cliff to scale

(although maybe battlegrounds might be less lovely? maybe?)

TVDinna
Feb 17, 2013
If you don't want to be PvPing at the top tier, you can do alright just in the scrub leagues.
400 GS isn't that terribly hard, but you'll still get melted by plenty of people.

400 GS is 1 bil tops or even less depending on your accessories.
DUO Liverto - 150-200mil
DUO Awak 150-200mil
DUO green Offhand 60mil
Full DUO green armor - 200mil
DUO Blue Coral Earring x2 - 100mil
DUO Red Coral Ring x2 - 25-30mil
DUO Shultz Belt - 20mil
PRI Shutlz Necklace - 30mil (other options here that are better for the price but many different combos of neck/belt)

Basically full DUO takes you to the 400 ballpark.
Keep in mind, you can pick up a lot of the non-accessory gear pieces as +15 or PRI and it'll cost less and you can scale it up as you get more resources to do so.

Just from the daily log in attendance event + other welfare events, you can pull in 500mil+ just from logging on, collecting welfare and spending only 30 mins to sell your fish and re-setup AFK fishing.
400 GS is very obtainable just from playing 2 months casually.

New PNR related items:
Olvia 4 is now the official Olvia PNR channel.
Serendia 4 will continue to be the main channel.
A lot of guys are spread out all over the Olvia servers and by consolidating, we can pop some Mediah GQs and if groups of new goons run around together, it'll help mitigate ganking, etc.
Doing combat GQs will raise your guild activity (I've been calling it contribution since it measures how much you contribute on GQs + other things) to get increased daily payouts.

Just make sure there's coordination and be sure that you can finish the GQ if you're going to pop one. We can only take 5 a day and don't waste it by failing quests.
Large Mediah kill quests will most likely involve around 3.5k monster kills so plan accordingly. Shouldn't take more than 4 people 1 hour to do that though.

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
And from what I understand once you're past a certain level you can just kind of PvP anyone? So let's say you're at a spot for training can you just try and kill the dude there?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

You can, and that's what the karma crying is regarding on reddit.

When you flag up and kill some rando innocent you lose karma, if you go into the negatives you get harsher penalties for getting killed such as gems breaking or equipment downgrading.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I played a lot of this in beta as a Samurai dude.
The combat was really, really fun but my eyes glazed over with all the lovely menus.
Do they allow simplified UI plugins or some way to help manage that information overload?

Also, is the end game still considered pay2win?

edit: Striker looks cool to me. I used to play a Monk in DnD and few games have a good punch class.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 26, 2017

Optiquest
Feb 8, 2004

gwrtheyrn posted:

Steam has a similar sale but as far as I know no upgrade options

You can go into the support page, remove the game from your account, then buy the upgrade.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
lolin from the grave that parks and rec is still a thing

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish
Hey guys- So I bought BDO on the Steam Sale today. I started playing it earlier and ran it on medium settings with no problems (a bit choppy here or there but nothing distracting). then, I got to my gf's house and tried connecting multiple times, but at the end of each load of the server I'd get disconnected with the message "Connection to the Server has been lost." I was able to log onto another server but no NPC's were spawning, other than that it was fine. Then I logged onto another server and the game froze.

I'm wondering if it's because my gf's internet kinda sucks, if the server's on the game have been loving up, or if maybe I can't run it? I have GeForce 840M rn, for the record. I have no problem running most modern games.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Slackerish posted:

Hey guys- So I bought BDO on the Steam Sale today. I started playing it earlier and ran it on medium settings with no problems (a bit choppy here or there but nothing distracting). then, I got to my gf's house and tried connecting multiple times, but at the end of each load of the server I'd get disconnected with the message "Connection to the Server has been lost." I was able to log onto another server but no NPC's were spawning, other than that it was fine. Then I logged onto another server and the game froze.

I'm wondering if it's because my gf's internet kinda sucks, if the server's on the game have been loving up, or if maybe I can't run it? I have GeForce 840M rn, for the record. I have no problem running most modern games.

What area of the game did you log out in? I've known a few people with not so good computers that had trouble logging back into the game if they logged out in a really heavily populated area, like around the banks in heidel or calpheon. Also the past several weeks the game has really exploded in popularity and the server tends to start melting during prime time in the evenings.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
If you logged into an Olvia channel, the newbie zones are completely hosed with all the new players. Try Calpheon 3 or something.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Are characters still tied to server?
With the overrun status seemingly a constant, I don't want to spread out all my dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
They merged everything down to just NA and EU. The 'servers' are just different instances now. Marketplace and poo poo are shared.