Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

warp speed is the correct fitting choice for basically everything

more faster = more betterer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Yeah and as such snatching the speed from the dudes we want to turn into biomass is always fun. Honestly I can BS Snipe with the best of them but in between fleet fights I would like to be useful. Thus my recon cruiser shpiel. :v:

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

This was the best decision MiniLuv ever made.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

It's probably covered in one of the tie in novels, but I wonder what the ISK to ModernRealBux conversion rate would be like. Blow the entire US budget, get a poorly equipped missioning Inty?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Blasphemaster posted:

It's probably covered in one of the tie in novels, but I wonder what the ISK to ModernRealBux conversion rate would be like. Blow the entire US budget, get a poorly equipped missioning Inty?

I think the "canon" answer is that 1 ISK is "enough money to feed a family of four for a year."

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

There is that SOE mission where pirates ask for a big ransom in planetary money, which is given to you as a worthless item called "A Pile Of Money". And I remember a chronicle where a Minmatar fugitive is pleading with the capsuleer piloting the ship he's in not to jettison him into space and offers him like six million bucks from some world. The capsuleer runs the numbers, it comes up to around 3600 ISK, and promptly jettisons the fugitive's hab quarter. The US military budget could fit a small gang, I'd say.

Also, scaring Russian FW farmers is neat, but I wish they'd stay still. At least they get mad on local.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Traveller posted:

Also, scaring Russian FW farmers is neat, but I wish they'd stay still. At least they get mad on local.

cyka blyat

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Blasphemaster posted:

Yeah and as such snatching the speed from the dudes we want to turn into biomass is always fun. Honestly I can BS Snipe with the best of them but in between fleet fights I would like to be useful. Thus my recon cruiser shpiel. :v:

If you train recon cruisers you can also use them in fleets, I think the huginn is still doctrine.

The downside of recons is that you really need recon 5 for them to shine, or so I've been told.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

That was probably the least of the things I got told for jumping into plexes and making them warp away. It's just a Condor, assholes, you could at least take a potshot at it.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Traveller posted:

That was probably the least of the things I got told for jumping into plexes and making them warp away. It's just a Condor, assholes, you could at least take a potshot at it.

It's what comes after the condor has tackle that's the concern

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

working mom posted:

It's what comes after the condor has tackle that's the concern

:derp:

<---died way too many times to getting tackled at the rear end end of a 0.0 ratting spree

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Warp speed rigged dictors are entirely my poo poo.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Gotta go fast. Name every warp rigged sabre Sonic.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nah, usually I name it "SUPPLIES!"

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

If you name your Orca "Tijuana Surprise" and jettison Tens of thousands of m3 of veldspar RIGHT before your ganker pals show up...

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Blasphemaster posted:

If you name your Orca "Tijuana Surprise" and jettison Tens of thousands of m3 of veldspar RIGHT before your ganker pals show up...

It would show up in 1 jetcan, get owned nerd.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

orange juche posted:

Or you could jettison 100 shuttles

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

orange juche posted:

Multiple consecutive jettison orders are a thing.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Blasphemaster posted:

Multiple consecutive jettison orders are a thing.

Theres a cooldown on jetcans. Its like 120 seconds, to stop exactly what youre describing.

You could jettison a shitton of shuttles though.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Balls, sorry for my ignorance. If we name the shuttles creatively does it still work?

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
https://zkillboard.com/kill/63099692/

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
ok?

oh didnt see the tachyons lmbo

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Klyith posted:

If you train recon cruisers you can also use them in fleets, I think the huginn is still doctrine.

The downside of recons is that you really need recon 5 for them to shine, or so I've been told.

Huginn and Lachesis are the mainline shield recons. For armor fleets you use t3cs.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

ok?

oh didnt see the tachyons lmbo

look at it again. take a good long look at it.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Is that a 2 billion isk T1 battleship kill, with the wrong guns? I don't know what else I am supposed to be laughing at other than blue tank, and horrible choice in guns which caused his entire fit to have to compensate for that lovely choice. I mean the fit is a comedy of errors but I am not sure which one is the worst.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Traveller posted:

There is that SOE mission where pirates ask for a big ransom in planetary money, which is given to you as a worthless item called "A Pile Of Money". And I remember a chronicle where a Minmatar fugitive is pleading with the capsuleer piloting the ship he's in not to jettison him into space and offers him like six million bucks from some world. The capsuleer runs the numbers, it comes up to around 3600 ISK, and promptly jettisons the fugitive's hab quarter. The US military budget could fit a small gang, I'd say.

What does it cost to become a capsuleer?

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Rutibex posted:

What does it cost to become a capsuleer?

I think they all start out as servicemen to their country. Like military pilots.

I read somewhere that capsuleer's are the elites of each society. The best and brightest that each nation has to offer.

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I feel sorry for the nation where Boat is the best and the brightest they can offer.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

The Claptain posted:

I feel sorry for the nation where Boat is the best and the brightest they can offer.

He was sent as a joke.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
Real footage of Boats introduction ceremony into the capsuleer program near his home planet.

https://youtu.be/EdS2kCUGvfo?t=25

Catberry fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jun 23, 2017

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://zkillboard.com/kill/63093692/

https://www.gofundme.com/eve-online-dreadnought

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Pffhahahahaha. I wonder if that's a EULA violation?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

nigga crab pollock posted:

look at it again. take a good long look at it.

orange juche posted:

Is that a 2 billion isk T1 battleship kill, with the wrong guns? I don't know what else I am supposed to be laughing at other than blue tank, and horrible choice in guns which caused his entire fit to have to compensate for that lovely choice. I mean the fit is a comedy of errors but I am not sure which one is the worst.

yeah my dude, ive seen wayyyy more bugfuckingly stupid poo poo so that's only a little funny

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

yeah my dude, ive seen wayyyy more bugfuckingly stupid poo poo so that's only a little funny

Good it wasn't just me then. I was like "2 billion isk BS, yeah that's dumb, a class A adaptive is pretty dumb, tachyons, what the gently caress" but nothing like a full rack of officer guns and purple tank on a level 4 missioning battleship or whatever.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Are you kidding me it's hands down the worst fit I've ever seen, ever

The Hyperion gets an armor rep bonus (the only reason to use a hyperion over a megatron)

he's using a medium shield booster

Cap power relays massively reduce shield boost power (Flux coils don't)

3 Signal amplifiers

a lone faction cruise launcher

That ship tanks maybe 70 dps tops

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ahhhh yeah that's pretty loving stupid. I feel that isk tanking is worse though because they're in the same vein but more expensive. In a year, that dude will lose a purple Marauder with the same fit (yes I know you can only fit 4 guns on a marauder)

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Traveller posted:

In canon anything larger than frigate sized has a crew. Sometimes thousands in the case of battleships.

I imagine most of the cost of the shipping is actually prepaying the life insurance of the entire crew (who don't get reborn is the ship is blown up) so they'll actually be willing to go out on shitposting fleet ops by 2 minute old FC's.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

This thread is taking an odd turn away from retard soapbox derby to space canon discussion, is that an improvement?

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Nitrousoxide posted:

In canon anything larger than frigate sized has a crew. Sometimes thousands in the case of battleships.

I imagine most of the cost of the shipping is actually prepaying the life insurance of the entire crew (who don't get reborn is the ship is blown up) so they'll actually be willing to go out on shitposting fleet ops by 2 minute old FC's.

I beleive that it's actually canon that serving on capsuleer ships is seen as a death sentence to most, but the payout is so high that families can feed themselves off of it for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Apparently I'm meeting up with Boat and a couple other Illum directors tonight wish me luck will trip report tell my mom Im gay if I don't make it

• Locked thread