Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I have no idea how the Mavs are going to approach free agency beyond match Noel's contract and bring back most of their guys that have team options. For sure Brussino, Finney-Smith, and Yogi. The team has insinuated they want to bring back Harris, Hammonds, and Uthoff but they'd have too many players. Donnie Nelson has said they aren't going after a point guard in free agency after drafting DSJ. I expect Dwight Powell to get traded at some point this season but not sure if that will happen sooner or later.

I hope they don't use Dirk's team option and convince him to sign a cheaper deal, he deserves to get paid. This would also be a good move to help them have money to resign Curry next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Strawberry Panda posted:

Because the Wolves offer is the only one that had Kris Dunn in it.

They said last year that Kris Dunn was #1 on their draft board and Denzel Valentine was #2.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Niwrad posted:

They said last year that Kris Dunn was #1 on their draft board and Denzel Valentine was #2.

People should really let that sink in for how bad GarPax is...

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I just found out that Eric Musselman was Cam Oliver's college coach

reminder:

quote:

Musselman's .402 winning percentage with Sacramento ranks fourth all-time among Kings coaches, behind Rick Adelman (.633), Reggie Theus (.415) and Garry St. Jean (.403).

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I can tell you Bryant more than likely suuuuuuuuuuucks.

Yeah I really don't like him. I watched .. . like 40 guys, I only had maybe four who I was like "wow I really hope the Lakers don't draft that guy" and they drafted two of them.

But then again it's also the 42nd pick so it's hard to feel too badly about it and if you're going to pick him, 42 is about where to do it.

I love Hart. I know almost nothing about Kuzma but he was one of the guys who had a good combine. If Ryan West made that pick I'm sure it will be fine.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
the Spurs drafted a guy named Blossomgame so he pretty much has to be a future finals MVP

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
there is also uneasy news though, before the Spurs allow the game of basketball to blossom...there is a dark angst at the core of the org
https://twitter.com/tom_orsborn/status/878111146179297281
https://twitter.com/PaulGarciaNBA/status/878111045474074626

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The Nuggets drafted some kid from Iowa State who set an NCAA record in assist-to-turnover ratio, which is bar none the most boring possible record to set

It was their second pick of the second round and he's probably the best PG on the roster

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

curried lamb of God posted:

I just found out that Eric Musselman was Cam Oliver's college coach

reminder:

SAC-RAM-EN-TO

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

"I know it's not ideal. But we didn't put ourselves in this situation - he did."

- Pritchard on Paul George

Ah yes, it was PG that made you let Lance walk over a few hundred k, brought in Ellis and Stuckey, let Solomon Hill walk for nothing, and basically assemble a team that has 2 people total who can shoot 3's and maybe 2 that can defend their position well.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Punkin Spunkin posted:

the Spurs drafted a guy named Blossomgame so he pretty much has to be a future finals MVP

He's going to quite possibly be a monster under Pop. I say this as a guy who watched him in college as a fan of another team in his conference.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Eltoasto posted:

"I know it's not ideal. But we didn't put ourselves in this situation - he did."

- Pritchard on Paul George

Ah yes, it was PG that made you let Lance walk over a few hundred k, brought in Ellis and Stuckey, let Solomon Hill walk for nothing, and basically assemble a team that has 2 people total who can shoot 3's and maybe 2 that can defend their position well.

Wasnt that not him.

Larry was in charge no?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Dexo posted:

Wasnt that not him.

Larry was in charge no?

He's been the GM since 2012, just the #2 guy to Bird. So he was there through it all and Pacers fans try to fool themselves into thinking this is some fresh start, and now with the chains off, Pritchard can make all the good decisions now.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Rick posted:

It's pretty cool, although it means going through the scariest border patrol checkpoint on the way back.

the one off of I-19 from nogaes to tucson? that poo poo is nuts. I'm a fat white guy and i got yanked out of the car and they basically stripped my car looking for weed cause a dog thought it was there. I aso saw a bunch of other times when going through there when they were yanking mexicans out at gunpoint and poo poo, it was horrifying. I was aways unhappy when my job had me going through there because of how miserable that poo poo is.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

So pumped about the Jordan Bell pick. I watched that guy absolutely kill it in the conference finals and he (along with dillon brooks) almost won me my $25 84 person bracket (I had them in the final vs. the Zags :argh: UNC!)

I think this pick is gonna work out REALLY well and they've got a perfect system in place for him. Well done Bob Meyers, you sly dog you :bravo:

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I woke up this morning and the Warriors had a new player. I've never seen him play, but I'll trust Kevman that he's good!

Also, I'm so sorry, Bulls fans.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

Jack's Flow posted:

I woke up this morning and the Warriors had a new player. I've never seen him play, but I'll trust Kevman that he's good!

Also, I'm so sorry, Bulls fans.

6'9 225 athletic as gently caress people are comparing him to Draymond idk about that though, he's a different player.

His tournament run was SUPER good. There was no way you COULDN'T pay attention to him or know his name (especially if you were a fan of the losing team).

He averaged like 13 rebs per game, of which like 4-5 were offensive. He was so dominant on the boards and on defense. Against Kansas he went for 11/13/8 blocks. Was amazing.

I don't think his offense is nearly as terrible as people are making it out to be, and Bob Meyers said they had him pegged in the 1st and to be honest, I'm surprised he didn't go earlier.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheKevman posted:

6'9 225 athletic as gently caress people are comparing him to Draymond idk about that though, he's a different player.

His tournament run was SUPER good. There was no way you COULDN'T pay attention to him or know his name (especially if you were a fan of the losing team).

He averaged like 13 rebs per game, of which like 4-5 were offensive. He was so dominant on the boards and on defense. Against Kansas he went for 11/13/8 blocks. Was amazing.

Kev, I loving hate the Dubs with the burning passion of 10,000 suns but as far as I'm concerned you are the Coolest Dubs Fan and I appreciate your basketball knowledge.

Also yeah I wouldn't compare Brooks to Dray at all tbh.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Kev, I loving hate the Dubs with the burning passion of 10,000 suns but as far as I'm concerned you are the Coolest Dubs Fan and I appreciate your basketball knowledge.

Also yeah I wouldn't compare Brooks to Dray at all tbh.

Don't hate the dubs :(

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

TheKevman posted:

You're basically at the beginning of the patriots run. The hate is gonna burn for decades now

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003

Ramadu posted:

You're basically at the beginning of the patriots run. The hate is gonna burn for decades now

I mean I've been an A's/Raiders/Warriors fan my whole life and up until about 4 years ago it was just constant :emo: this is a nice change of pace lol

Carr gets 125 million today, the Warriors get their 2nd ring in 3 years...

THERE IS HOPE FOR ANYONE

TheKevman fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jun 23, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
so what's the over/under on the number of games Fultz actually plays?

i say 17.5 is a fair number, but i would still consider taking the under if it was 0.5.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

TheKevman posted:

I don't think his offense is nearly as terrible as people are making it out to be, and Bob Meyers said they had him pegged in the 1st and to be honest, I'm surprised he didn't go earlier.

Sounds good!

TheKevman posted:

Not posting here during the playoffs was probably very good for your recovery process.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I just want everyone to appreciate how the thunder drafted a dude born in Tulsa and is also a warrior fan.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Danny Ainge is loving terrible

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

straight up brolic posted:

Hope he eats curb

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Don't understand how Boston couldn't get butler.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Nah

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
They probably think they can get Paul George much cheaper.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Its absurd how badly you guys want to think that a guy who won a chip, fleeced a team in a historic way, and then rebuilt a 20 win team into ECF team in record time while retaining all of his assets is a bad GM

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Cool Buff Man posted:

Its absurd how badly you guys want to think that a guy who won a chip, fleeced a team in a historic way, and then rebuilt a 20 win team into ECF team in record time while retaining all of his assets is a bad GM
sorry but outside of ripping off billy king the past 5 years have been very bad

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

sorry but outside of ripping off billy king the past 5 years have been very bad

Oh okay

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Please stop trading Texas native Jimmy Butler to ever more northern climes

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I can tell you Bryant more than likely suuuuuuuuuuucks.

2nd round picks almost always do. He's a big guy with some offensive skill, he was fine where they took him

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Really sucked when the Celtics got Crowder for Rondo and Isaiah for nothing

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

The Jazz had a very good draft

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Really sucked when the Celtics got Crowder for Rondo and Isaiah for nothing

Signing Crowder to a 5 year, $35 million contract has completely hamstrung the franchise. That's almost 7% of the cap space going to one starter!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

The Jazz had a very good draft

I don't think their actual picks were very good but they got rid of Trey Lyles so on balance still a good night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

Signing Crowder to a 5 year, $35 million contract has completely hamstrung the franchise. That's almost 7% of the cap space going to one starter!

Really upset with this guy who dumpsters his son's political campaign for the sake of his team instead of signing him to a multi-year contract

• Locked thread