Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Barent posted:

It's stupid to engage Jason in melee unless you have a pocket knife, right?
Shivs just let you survive a grab. It is preferable to have a weapon at the least. Fighting Jason is something everyone will have to do at some point and you can't depend on knives. I search for Jason when I get some weapons to work with because I have a chance at being a Tommy when I lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
When you have a talkative Jason
https://twitter.com/dril/status/697456903413219329

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

My favorite moments so far have been whenever I manage to whack Jason with a bat from behind while he's either busy chopping a door or trying to catch someone.

Its like equivalent to a surprise "Pocket Sand!" attack.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

My favorite moments so far have been whenever I manage to whack Jason with a bat from behind while he's either busy chopping a door or trying to catch someone.

Even better are those occasions when you have two pocket knives on you, Jasons never expect that. They are sooooo sure that they've got me after the first one.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Atomic Robo-Kid posted:

I am going to shout "sh-SHAH" next time I do that

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Basebf555 posted:

There's just nothing like timing it perfectly and laying Jason out with the baseball bat, so I swing away, pocket knife or no.

:same:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Seeing Jason do a reverse Dracula is always a joy to behold.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I just had a pretty slick jason round and I think jason being able to block really adds to it especially when they think they're about to land a flare headshot and you just:

http://imgur.com/WmtuCbN

I actually love combat mode jason in general since I use a spear-boy. Throwing a quick jab usually takes the fight right out of a buggsy or chad as they scramble away pitifully. You can shut down a lot of people who think they're slick with it.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jun 22, 2017

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Just had my first flawless victory as Jason.

:getin:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Remember, no shame in letting one go.

Just one though.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Basebf555 posted:

Remember, no shame in letting one go.

Just one though.

True, but considering I only killed 1 person the only other time I played as Jason I'll take this as a win.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
i like letting burk go

but not bby i gots to give her hugs

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Science camp round 2 results: you can get the boat on the car but once it gets too far out of the water it breaks and remains stuck in space. We tried testing the shotgun doing damage, but shooting a jason 2 took 5 machete hits after that to remove his mask, the following game it took 4 machete hits to remove his mask. Damage appears to be not a fixed number and if the shotgun does do damage to him it's less than whatever the variance on the machete is.

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Was having a great round as Adam, hiding in the second floor "phone" room in Higgins Haven. The Jason took about 15 minutes to finally figure out where I was. Since it was NES Jason, it was amazing to hear the music swell and disappear as he paced around the place, looking for me. Finally, once he did find me, a good amount of jukes and bear traps saw me get away and sprint outside...only to get shot in the face by a Tommy Jarvis. I'm not sure if he was a traitor, or if it was just an amazingly accurate horror movie scenario. Either way 10/10 match.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
Friday the 13th hard mode is pretty tough

you don't get a stinger for jason 2 and she has a loving shotgun

can you spot the killer in the next pic?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Phyresis posted:

Friday the 13th hard mode is pretty tough

you don't get a stinger for jason 2 and she has a loving shotgun

can you spot the killer in the next pic?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

https://www.twitch.tv/thelastdancer

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Leprechad has abandoned the children to Jason once again.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

So someone was testing it (On 4chins) and it seems like different Jasons might actually have a hidden better or worse 'hearing stat', removed from sense stuff I mean. They were showing videos they'd taken of Part 6 and 7, testing it with a buddy in private, while 7 could see AJ's jogging and whatever constantly, 6 was pretty much deaf in comparison. Also it's not just because of rage either, someone mentioned that apparently raged Jasons lose some hearing power(?), but they had another video of calm Part 6 and they still couldn't hear jogging. Unknown if that's something janky going on or if there's just an undocumented mechanic at work, either way what the hell.

"I could reproduce the video just fine, with Jason 6 not able to hear a jogging AJ from close or from afar, so I decided to test other counselors and suddenly found that Jason was able to hear them jogging no matter where he was on the map. After some more testing I figured something out.

All Jasons have a hidden "hearing" stat that is independent of his Sense ability. Jason 6 and 3 have really lovely sound perception and trying to reproduce that video using them will wield the same results as seen in the video. However Part 7 Jason has amazing hearing abilities, and trying to reproduce that video with him will lead to him constantly hearing AJ if she jogs. This is a completely hidden stat that is independent of Sense because both Jason 6 and 7 has a Sense bonus, yet one hears everything while the other is practically deaf."

Part 6
https://my.mixtape.moe/tbxtkd.webm

Part 7
https://my.mixtape.moe/kgllhx.webm

Plaintext links because they're huge and were breaking tables.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jun 23, 2017

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
Had my first dude calling me a hack and slasher even as I was grabbing him to kill him. Apparently even slowing people down is cheap.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

^ you're supposed to hack and slash I thought as Jason.

This might sound weird but I have a newb question I don't want answered in too much detail. When you see that VHS jitter or whatever is that Jason morphing in or can it be his shift too?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

...and the pitch! posted:

You're supposed to hack and slash I thought as Jason.

Some pubbies get mad if you M1 them down, because they actually have like three pocket knives and woops, try and knife your way out of this pick in your back.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

Some pubbies get mad if you M1 them down, because they actually have like three pocket knives and woops, try and knife your way out of this pick in your back.

You didn't murder them right. That's a hoot.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

This relentless killing machine killed me. I cry foul.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

^ you're supposed to hack and slash I thought as Jason.

This might sound weird but I have a newb question I don't want answered in too much detail. When you see that VHS jitter or whatever is that Jason morphing in or can it be his shift too?

It can be either.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I just had that occur in a random match. Like I'm dumb enough to keep grabbing when everyone else is standing around with axes and machetes waiting for me to grab the next person. The funniest part was the first guy I killed that round died by running into a trap I had set under a window after he ran out the front door.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

DrNutt posted:

The funniest part was the first guy I killed that round died by running into a trap I had set under a window after he ran out the front door.

Traps in sort of unconventional places work out really well sometimes, when I see like 2-3 people in a house I've laid traps at the door I'm breaking down now and again, someone will invariably flare me or something else, then try and duck by only to get chomped.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 29 days!
The big houses are great for random traps at the foot of the outdoor stairs.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I'm a big enough wimp that I'm not even playing as Jason yet. Too scary!

edit: I know it doesn't make any sense.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I understand. There is a lot of pressure to kill everyone. You can do it. I believe in you.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

I understand. There is a lot of pressure to kill everyone. You can do it. I believe in you.

In my second game the Jason said "aww, don't run away" so I unthinkingly turned around and he choked the poo poo out of me. I learned a lot from watching the others.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

I think I get that. The first time I was Jason I felt a lot of pressure to perform and do well. It's because when you are a counselor, you are kind of expected to die, that's how poo poo goes. When you're Jason, if you let all the counselors get away, you are a failure.

I feel pretty proud of myself that I think the worst I've done is 4 of 7 killed and that was against goons.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Even blundering around really hard, my first ever match as Jason (Which was my first ever match period even) I managed to get 5 dudes, you just gotta go for it and eviscerate the pubs as best you can.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

DrNutt posted:

I think I get that. The first time I was Jason I felt a lot of pressure to perform and do well. It's because when you are a counselor, you are kind of expected to die, that's how poo poo goes. When you're Jason, if you let all the counselors get away, you are a failure.

I feel pretty proud of myself that I think the worst I've done is 4 of 7 killed and that was against goons.

Yeah being choked out in less than 1 minute was the opposite of shameful. It's funny.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Why, Lucky you! It's Leprechad 2: I'm taking the car; Toodle-oo!

"No no, you have to fight him."

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
that poo poo is art lastdancer

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

That kid was so disappointed. "Please wait." I laughed pretty hard.

edit: wait... please.

Probably more accurate.

Sweaty IT Nerd fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jun 23, 2017

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

That kid was so disappointed. "Please wait." I laughed pretty hard.

That kid got what he deserved. Thought he could hide in the lodge like a bitch and wait for someone else to do the dangerous work.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Finally got my second Jason round as NES Jason, and you were right about 3 being so much easier than 6. Managed to go 7/8, and would have been 8/8 if it had actually let me kill the guy I was mashing E next to some coathooks without the kill firing when the match ended.

Shame I didn't have video recording, as at one point a guy got on top of a rock somehow, and when I grabbed him it launched us both into the stratosphere :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Regrettable posted:

That kid got what he deserved. Thought he could hide in the lodge like a bitch and wait for someone else to do the dangerous work.

Did he hear the car starting?

• Locked thread