Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

hawowanlawow posted:

While some bags could theoretically suffocate a kid like that, that one isn't. It's kinda weird y'all get some kind of dopamine release from pretending that it is.

The danger isn't so much putting the ziploc bag on the kids head and having a quick laugh, the danger is that the kid will now think it's fun and cool to put bags on her head. Which could lead to a plastic grocery bag, which is not good at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

sandoz posted:

WRONG that baby is DEAD now

god bless

amen
*like*
*share*

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

old fat bird posted:

not for long

Woosh.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

hawowanlawow posted:

While some bags could theoretically suffocate a kid like that, that one isn't. It's kinda weird y'all get some kind of dopamine release from pretending that it is.

Any excuse to get indignant over other people's kids

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe it was an exit bag

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Idgi, good on her

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Ratjaculation posted:

Idgi, good on her

"Pleeeeeease pay attention to me"

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

"Pleeeeeease pay attention to me"

Ive got some friends who post frequently about their sad brains on Facebook. On one hand I'm proud of them for overcoming mental illness because that poo poo is not easy. But, otoh, when you post about your cutting scars weekly at a certain point you just want attention and that poo poo pisses me off. This is coming from someone who came back from rock loving bottom due to bipolar disorder and has never posted about it using my real name. Eh, maybe I'm just bitter that I'm too scared to tell anyone.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

W O U L D

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

anglerfish posted:

Ive got some friends who post frequently about their sad brains on Facebook. On one hand I'm proud of them for overcoming mental illness because that poo poo is not easy. But, otoh, when you post about your cutting scars weekly at a certain point you just want attention and that poo poo pisses me off. This is coming from someone who came back from rock loving bottom due to bipolar disorder and has never posted about it using my real name. Eh, maybe I'm just bitter that I'm too scared to tell anyone.

If you're posting about sadbrains on the internet, you haven't really overcome mental illness hth

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
It's actually pretty healthy to talk about your mental illness in public if that's your jam (it also helps with getting rid of the stigma surrounding it), and highlighting that post as something worth putting in this thread says more about goons than the person who posted it.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

DisgracelandUSA posted:

If you're posting about sadbrains on the internet, you haven't really overcome mental illness hth

That's dumb as gently caress

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Goons, "look at that person who's just trying to get attention. Lets post it and talk about how much attention she wants"

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Montalvo posted:

It's actually pretty healthy to talk about your mental illness in public if that's your jam (it also helps with getting rid of the stigma surrounding it), and highlighting that post as something worth putting in this thread says more about goons than the person who posted it.

It being healthy doesn't mean it's not annoying to other people. I'd say the same thing about someone posting a pic with the caption "HAD A GREAT DAY MY GOUT ISN'T TOO BAD".

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
You could just be happy that your friend is having a good day?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Or I could take a selfie with a snapchat filter with a post about how it's hard to see other people be happy because I'm so sad

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

It being healthy doesn't mean it's not annoying to other people. I'd say the same thing about someone posting a pic with the caption "HAD A GREAT DAY MY GOUT ISN'T TOO BAD".

No-one is forcing you to use facebook, or to friend/follow people whose facebook posts you do not like. If someone wants to share their coping with personal issues to friends that's completely fine. It's certainly nowhere near the same tier as posting a picture of your child with its head in a ziploc bag.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

YF-23 posted:

No-one is forcing you to use facebook, or to friend/follow people whose facebook posts you do not like. If someone wants to share their coping with personal issues to friends that's completely fine. It's certainly nowhere near the same tier as posting a picture of your child with its head in a ziploc bag.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be allowed, but I am going to mock them on this dead gay comedy forum.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

why do you have a problem with people with illnesses being happy about those illnesses being more manageable?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Stuntman posted:

why do you have a problem with people with illnesses being happy about those illnesses being more manageable?

Because as a genetically perfect superhuman who is always happy I cannot relate

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
people posting pointless poo poo on Facebook, why I never!

Sprue
Feb 21, 2006

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:
This is one of those cases where the comedy is in the fact that someone finds this girl's post irksome, not what she posted in the first place.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Montalvo posted:

The nuance you missed is that talking about one's own mental illness on social media means the person has gotten over the social stigma of it. Which is good. But people getting over the stigma doesn't mean they've been mindful of behaviors that exacerbate their mental illness. Which is to say that you made the blanket statement that all social-media talk about mental illness is good social-media talk about mental illness, when in fact, it's not always constructive or truly beneficial for the poster.

For instance, I know a girl who posts about her depression, which can be good and cool, but also simultaneously posts about how all her friends gently caress her over and leave her at the worst times and life is all around terrible. Turns out that depression is just a symptom of the repercussions of her borderline personality that results in her loving her friends boyfriend's, being two faced, etc, etc. Yet she blames her mood issues on a chemical imbalance, rather than the results of her own behavior.

Talking about mental illness: Good. Using social as a proxy for your psych: Bad.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Post more pics

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Hey idiots whining about selfies, it's called FACEbook.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Lol the robot rebellion is going to last all of 10 minutes when a billion of these things are unleashed onto us

Just go up the stairs. Or a curb. Or possibly a slight incline. Or stand in 2 inches of water. Or carry a hold a mirror in front of your shins so the robot thinks you are another robot.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

hawowanlawow posted:

I just don't get it tbh

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

i can not believe all these FEMALES posting for attention,,,

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

534 people found that funny

this says a lot about our species (that we need to be eradicated)

Anza Borrego
Feb 11, 2005

Ovis canadensis nelsoni

Uhhhh pass

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
My younger sister posts multiple sappy quotes about overcoming an abusive relationship supplemented by hints that her boyfriend of two months should propose to her. Yeah I'm happy she got out of her bad relationship, but that poo poo gets annoying real fast.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

remigious posted:

My younger sister posts multiple sappy quotes about overcoming an abusive relationship supplemented by hints that her boyfriend of two months should propose to her. Yeah I'm happy she got out of her bad relationship, but that poo poo gets annoying real fast.

Add in about three posts a day about how boyfriends should be down to gently caress more often and I'd swear I know your sister

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

In the wargamer's marketplace group

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Tekopo posted:

Why would Feds seize and destroy that? Hell, why would it be "banned and outlawed?" I guess if Hasbro successfully won a trademark infringement (rules of games cannot be copyrighted in America. Nobody "owns" the mechanics of cribbage. It is the stuff presenting the rules and the appearance/nature of the equipment for the game that are copyrighted and trademarked) or some kind of civil damages suit (by existing, this product will harm Hasbro's image, thus profits) they might have gotten the stock as part of the awarded damages and destroyed it because it was worthless.

Stock eats money by existing by occupying warehouse space, so the owners of Ghettopoly may have been forced to destroy the game themselves if they were prevented from selling their product while in litigation and ran out of money.

I think there might be some stretching of the truth about the tragic past of this racist Monopoly-style board game.

Oh, wait. Anti-hate-speech laws are Federal, aren't they? That would be a slick angle for Hasbro to take and a likely one for protesters.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Pvt.Scott posted:

Why would Feds seize and destroy that?

Monopoly is a terrible and funless game that should be erased from history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Tekopo posted:

You can just buy it from the official website for cheaper. :confused:
https://ghettopoly.com/collections/frontpage/products/ghettopoly-board-game-ultra-rare-and-out-of-print-mint-new

• Locked thread