Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Talas posted:

It's funny that I just eat crickets yesterday and that was the censored part. Try eating stink bugs or corn fungus next time :ese:
I think it's a common thing in Japanese entertainment? Gintama and Nichibros had censored Centipedes and I think Gabriel Dropout even went as far as to censor cockroaches.

Also, I just read the newest chapter and while I had my doubts before, now it's been made clear: Rindou is the best.

"Hey, wait a sec. Where'd it go?" :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Give us more Monster Hunter Rindou

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Gyges posted:

Having lived in Florida for a while, it's kind of funny to see alligator presented as a bizarre and rare ingredient.

I do love that eating crickets apparently calls for more censorship than any of the foodgasms so far.

Japan has a weird thing about bugs.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

Japan has a weird thing about bugs.

only some bugs! others are beloved pets/collectibles.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Give us more Monster Hunter Rindou

More like Torindo.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Rindou would be right at home in the Toriko universe...

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

He's gonna lose and it's not like innovative or anything, but I just love the poo poo out of Megishima's design. He's just so absurdly huge and ripped, it's great. The manliest of ramen chefs.

Rindou is the best of the best, though. That poor lil alligator got a lot less cute once she slaughtered it haha, I guess it would've been harsh to show the cute one from last chapter getting merked.

EDIT: Also hyped for Season 3. Mimisaka returns and KETCHUP FRIED CHICKEN GYOZA, it's gonna be good.

Cipher Pol 9 fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jun 23, 2017

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

He's gonna lose and it's not like innovative or anything, but I just love the poo poo out of Megishima's design. He's just so absurdly huge and ripped, it's great. The manliest of ramen chefs.

Megishima looks like a young Sylvester Stallone and it's great. I hope he doesn't vanish after this arc is over. :allears:

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
Why does MangaStream put like 3 pages of fan art before every chapter? All it does is waste my time and bandwidth with loading and then skipping them.

It's never even good fan art :v:

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

The pose makes me think he's supposed to be like Kenshirou or something.

PubicMice fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jun 23, 2017

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

PubicMice posted:

Why does MangaStream put like 3 pages of fan art before every chapter? All it does is waste my time and bandwidth with loading and then skipping them.

The pose makes me think he's supposed to be like Kenshirou or something.

"You are already fed"

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

TheKingofSprings posted:

"You are already fed"

New title thread please

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

PubicMice posted:

Time honored tling tradition, also the boku Hero fanart has been alarmingly good recently

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Futaba Anzu posted:

Time honored tling tradition, also the boku Hero fanart has been alarmingly good recently

it really hasn't

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm hype for Mimasaka versus the guy with the fuckhuge tuna knife.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Mimasaka is going to lose, unfortunately.

Only for Takumi to avenge him with the Mezzaluna :getin:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I want to protect Mimasaka's smile.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Xelkelvos posted:

It's not going to happen but I hope he wins. What we know about the sword guy grinds my gears.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

TheKingofSprings posted:

Mimasaka is going to lose, unfortunately.

Only for Takumi to avenge him with the Mezzaluna :getin:

So Takumi's going to give a big grandiose speech, hold out his hand and say "Souma! Give me my Mezzaluna!"

and then souma will be all like "dude, it's back at the dorm. why would i bring it here?"

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Xelkelvos posted:

Isn't their contest ingredient Tuna? Central has a poor track record of fighting on their home turf.

Which is why Rindou got chili peppers and Tsukasa got green tea.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Since Mimasaka didn't have a chance to stalk his opponent beforehand, will his perfect trace even work

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Since Mimasaka didn't have a chance to stalk his opponent beforehand, will his perfect trace even work

What do you think he was doing to train for this?

He stalked all of them.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Mimisaka unveils his power up: stalking people better than his opponent.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

did you miss when he said sword guy's opening line to him

that's what we call a 'clue'

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

TheKingofSprings posted:

What do you think he was doing to train for this?

He stalked all of them.

I hope that the manga turns all this poo poo on its head and Mimisaka has a crushing victory because he traced Tsukasa's cooking instead of using whatever this tuna guy does.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

But it turns out since it's Tsukasa, and he completely removes himself from his cooking, all Mimisaka did was stare at some ingredients for 60 hours.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

he'll show up with a swordfish sword

Galvanik posted:

But it turns out since it's Tsukasa, and he completely removes himself from his cooking, all Mimisaka did was stare at some ingredients for 60 hours.

he stalked an orange for 3 days to steal its powers

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jun 24, 2017

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Patware posted:

did you miss when he said sword guy's opening line to him

that's what we call a 'clue'

Yeah I didn't notice that at all. How did he know he was going to face him or did he just stalk them all (logistically impossible but Manga, whatever)

Centzon Totochtin fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jun 24, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
His new updated Perfect Trace doesn't require stalking.

His Eyes, they are sharingan.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
He doesn't need to stalk any of Central. He quietly played along and was helpfully instructed in all of Central's ways.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Gyges posted:

He doesn't need to stalk any of Central. He quietly played along and was helpfully instructed in all of Central's ways.

He played along, got them to show him their cool techniques, and then went full stalker gorilla on all of them at once using like drones or something.

Aug 24, 2011

Gyges posted:

first, we start working for central. doesn't matter how, as long as we're playing along

then we go there every day, do the work, gain their trust until they're in the palm of our hand

then we practice their techniques, week after week, month after month

then at the end of our 3 years of schooling, we walk out of there like nothing ever happened

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

didn't mimasaka say he's going to stop copying others and find his own style of cooking after his battle with souma

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

blizzardvizard posted:

didn't mimasaka say he's going to stop copying others and find his own style of cooking after his battle with souma

his style of cooking turned out to still be copying people

having said that it'd be hilarious if that was a huge feint and he wins because he's cooking his own dish while swordguy gets wrapped up in the idea that he's fighting against himself

Aug 24, 2011

Patware posted:

his style of cooking turned out to still be copying people

having said that it'd be hilarious if that was a huge feint and he wins because he's cooking his own dish while swordguy gets wrapped up in the idea that he's fighting against himself

or mimasakas strategy is to copy him live, but then it turns into a staring contest and neither of them end up cooking anything

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
All this slow-rolling has got me watching old HK cooking farce movies again. I just got through God of Cookery and The Chinese Feast. =T

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I caught up with the manga, and all three of the rebels are definitely losing this round. The only one with any chance of winning is, ironically, copy-cat guy. Rindou obviously isn't going to lose her debut match, and Kuga has already set himself a condition other than actually winning that he'll consider a personal victory (Tsukasa will "acknowledge him"). Copycat guy at least has a non-zero chance of winning, since his opponent hasn't been given much focus and doesn't really "need" to show up in future matches (though I still think he'll lose). I'm the most bummed about Kuga, because I really like him and his cooking gimmick.

I'm curious as to who, if anyone, is going to end up defeating Tsukasa and Rindou. If I had to guess, I'd say Souma (or maaaybe Erina) and Megumi respectively. The latter would be really dumb, but given the way this comic is written I'm pretty sure a girl rebel will be the one to end up defeating Rindou and there aren't really any other options other than Megumi.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
In my mind's themes, I'd prefer Megumi defeat Tsukasa (no self in the ingredients vs all of heart in the ingredients) while Souma defeats Rindou (variety for the sake of self vs variety for the sake of eater).

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Megumi will almost definitely beat someone but it won't be the number one or the number two. Maybe Momo or Eizan?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Souma already promised to avenge Kuga, so that's that. Also, since that leaves void for Erina, she'll be the one against Rindou.

Sucks, but that's the way the shonen is going to crumble. Should have been Megumi and Alice ruling the new Elite 10 from the 1 and 2 spots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

while i expect soma to have to kill eizan again it would be amazing if megumi is the one to execute him in this arc and he morphs into a final fantasy form 3 True Endboss later