Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

table four wants a blt with the bs&t special

"...it's for a cop"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Al! posted:

[removes top single from stack i set on the table at the beginning of the meal while never breaking eye contact]

do people actually do this btw, i've heard goons brag about it but never seen it in the wild

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

GalacticAcid posted:

Reconstruction has historically not been good for the Democrats.

uh reconstruction went great for them, in less than a decade after losing the loving civil war they had practically re-enslaved hundreds of thousands of black people and regained total control of the south

anyhow the democrats are a dead party and everyone should join the DSA

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raskolnikov38 posted:

But then who will reduce the deficit :confused:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

After the circus of the primary it's possible there's a bunch of people already registered and eager to vote for an anti establishment canidate. A presidential wave is really the only chance I'd think.

Circus primary
Abandoned people starving for an anti-establishment outsider
Presidential wave

It's almost as if...

:thunk:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

uh reconstruction went great for them, in less than a decade after losing the loving civil war they had practically re-enslaved hundreds of thousands of black people and regained total control of the south

The dsa has gotten more candidates into office than the dems this year lol yes I know many of them were running with the dems no one cares we all know who really had their back

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

I always think about this. It's insane how much the establishment Dem types are literally playing into the hands of fascism. We're all hosed if we let them stay.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Al! posted:

do people actually do this btw, i've heard goons brag about it but never seen it in the wild

No one does that, just like no one, especially those who brag about how much they tip, tips 400% or whatever dumb poo poo you are "supposed" to tip.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i'm all the people replying "the intercept?? really? was your account hacked? not clicking that"

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/878266063900692480

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Raskolnikov38 posted:

No, that was after Reconstruction my friend.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i'm all the people replying "the intercept?? really? was your account hacked? not clicking that"

https://twitter.com/Hillarycrat/status/878268812264521729

I'm @Hillarycrat

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

No, that was after Reconstruction my friend.

i'm nearly finished reading eric foner's history of reconstruction and it was during, ultimately reaching its heights with the end of reconstruction with the election of hayes. basically almost immediately the republicans tried to forge a moderate national party by working with southern democrats, allowing many to crawl back into power, and throwing blacks to the wolves. this was what allowed the democrats to gain enough power to force the 1876 compromise on hayes

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/CEOSleepout/status/877812107168763904

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

experience what

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

putincept? is the intercept actually materially connected to russia or are bad dems calling anyone who dares to question their beliefs russians?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

experience what

virtual poverty

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Condiv posted:

putincept? is the intercept actually materially connected to russia or are bad dems calling anyone who dares to question their beliefs russians?

One of my favorite parts of that Current Affairs article about how Rodney Stooksbury is a ghost:

quote:

Scott Dworkin, leader of the Democratic Coalition Against Trump, tweeted: “That’s a win for #theresistance. Both Tom Price and Mitt Romney carried #ga06 by 23%. @ossoff lost by 5%” (Dworkin also inexplicably added the hashtag “#TrumpRussia” at the end, which at this point is apparently just a physical reflex among certain Democrats).

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
homelessness simulator 2017

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Condiv posted:

i think the reference is to how they burned their source, reality winner

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Condiv posted:

Someone on the conspiracy thread literally believes Glenn Greenwald is secretly a conservative or Putinite lol

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Al! posted:

experience what

I think they're playing Homeless Simulator 9000

It's Early Access and won't be released until they make the Smelly Homeless Interaction Technology fully functional.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

mormonpartyboat posted:

virtual poverty

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Al! posted:

i think the reference is to how they burned their source, reality winner
Incompetence is malice
Up is gains
Down is feels
Losing is winning
Winning is racism.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
:yeah:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

yeah but she wont need to worry her knees w/the stairs and the walking and whatnot

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

every time

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

I love this picture,

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

:bagl:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Condiv posted:

the combo of greenwald & a media outlet that dares to call out dem corruption.

Bad dems, and the outlets that echo them, have cut off critiques from the left and that's been the case over the last decade or so. By marginalizing and minimizing those critiques bad dems can dismiss it by smearing it as putinesque or stealth-gop or infiltration by enemy forces--but they sound increasingly unhinged when they do so, and they further alienate potential voters or dem voters who are not happy with either the status quo or the party's tonedeaf actions.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
ahahahahahahahaha

http://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/keenan-pontoni-jon-ossoff-democrats

quote:

Pontoni’s father, who’d come down to Georgia for the election, was worried. Every time he texted his son to check in, he received a discouraging response: “Ugh.”

By 9 p.m., Pontoni knew it was over.

Shortly thereafter, his father got another text. “They want me in the boiler room,” he told Pontoni’s stepmother. The young campaign manager was giving the important people in his life a heads-up that Ossoff had lost, well before CNN called the race.

Last fall, Pontoni managed Democrat Gretchen Driskell’s campaign against Michigan GOP Rep. Tim Walberg. She lost by 15 points. Up until that point, Pontoni wasn’t used to losing. He’d previously managed a successful county commission and state House race in his native Michigan.

But despite back-to-back losses, Pontoni’s now a man in high demand, with a bright future in a party that desperately needs fresh perspectives.

“Maybe he should go from this to running a presidential campaign,” said Democratic pollster John Anzalone, who worked on the Ossoff campaign. “He has the mettle to really do any type of race.”

quote:

Pontoni rejects the postelection criticism from groups such as MoveOn.org, which endorsed Ossoff but has said he should have gone after Handel on President Donald Trump and health care more aggressively.

“When you run on national issues that are inherently partisan, because they are being litigated by the two parties nationally, you make the race more partisan, and folks tend to go in the corners of their parties,” Pontoni said.

quote:

When Ossoff first called him for a job interview, Pontoni wasn’t prepared. There’d been a miscommunication about time zones.

“He woke me up. And I was not ready at all. I had no notes, I didn’t even have my laptop open,” Pontoni recalled.

“And he’s just grilling me with deep analytical questions like, ‘How much money do I have to raise? How many doors do I have to knock?’ All this stuff, like, ‘What do you think about investing in TV?’” he said.

By this point, Pontoni had powered up his laptop and was Googling gross ratings points in the Atlanta media market.

“I told him a lot on the call, ‘I don’t know, I’ll have to get back to you.’ But I guess the fact that I said ‘I don’t know’ a lot was one of the reasons he wanted to talk to me more,” Pontoni said. “He said a lot of campaign managers weren’t willing to admit that they didn’t know things.”

quote:

The first time he thought about winning was a few weeks before the April 18 jungle primary. He happened to be driving when the campaign received a poll that showed Ossoff at more than 40 percent.

Pontoni pulled over and cried.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao, but no seriously the democrats are going to pull this off for 2018 and 2020 everyone

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

*gets candidate less total votes than a fictional person*

john anzalone: get this man running a presidential campaign immediately!

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

mormonpartyboat posted:

homelessness simulator 2017

Cartlife sequel

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
lol did he literally do a mitt Romney pulling over to cry thing

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Deep down, Mitt Romney is the professional Democrat's favorite politician.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Willa Rogers posted:

the combo of greenwald & a media outlet that dares to call out dem corruption.

Bad dems, and the outlets that echo them, have cut off critiques from the left and that's been the case over the last decade or so. By marginalizing and minimizing those critiques bad dems can dismiss it by smearing it as putinesque or stealth-gop or infiltration by enemy forces--but they sound increasingly unhinged when they do so, and they further alienate potential voters or dem voters who are not happy with either the status quo or the party's tonedeaf actions.

Greenwald sucks rear end but in general the intercept is a good media outlet.

It's so insanely frustrating that people like this get a say in things while people like me get sidelined for being to young and inexperienced :(

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Circus primary
Abandoned people starving for an anti-establishment outsider
Presidential wave

It's almost as if...

:thunk:

That the Dems think ahead opposed to the gop

2020 might be a dem 2016. There's no up and comers in the party every b Lister is going to throw themselves at the percieved easy target

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/878284774506348544

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Venom Snake posted:

Greenwald sucks rear end

Source your poo poo OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

GalacticAcid posted:

Deep down, Mitt Romney is the professional Democrat's favorite politician.

And poster.

• Locked thread