Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

11/25 of the relics (with almost every top prize) makes this they first lucky skip for me.

Only thing I'm missing is Relm USB, Larsa BSB and CM medicas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
:3star:
Then, I went something ridiculous like 5-6/11: Celes LMR, Mog BSB, 2x fixed dice (dupe) and something else. I was hoping for BSB2 or something for Relm, so I tried again

1/11 Celes BSB2. Worth it!

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Hmm, despite my nice pull on the Imperil yesterday things have turned out a bit more disappointing today. Curaga netted me an Ancient Lute and a dupe Healer's Circlet, and doing the dollar pull and 2 eleven pulls on the TA banner for JP netted me, between it all: Marche LMR, Ramza USB and 3 of Marche's SSB.

Oh well, good thing I was already planning to drown the thing in Mythril when it rolls around for Global. :v:

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
3/11 - Aerith BSB x2, Eiko BSB (dupe)

The improvement over Aerith's Reraise Medica isn't bad, I guess. Not too much to get excited about.

LornMarkus posted:

doing the dollar pull and 2 eleven pulls on the TA banner for JP netted me, between it all: Marche LMR, Ramza USB and 3 of Marche's SSB.

Oh well, good thing I was already planning to drown the thing in Mythril when it rolls around for Global. :v:

I keep forgetting Ramza's USB isn't his BSB2. His BSB2 has too many effects on the Entry then normal. ATK +50% normally counts as 2, then Hastega, En-Holy and Burst Mode?

4/5 Entry effects is normally a USB thing.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jun 23, 2017

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

1/11 - Dupe Holy Rod, my third at least so hooray for stat sticks?

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
3/11! I goooot Yuna's and Relm's USB, and a 2nd dupe Vanille BSB.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

RagnarokAngel posted:

Hell loving yes that healers circlet has been my white loving whale forever. No regrets.

I don't think I've ever been more jealous of a loving pull

Also 2/11 - Rosa's not-Dreamstage Bow and a third Arc White Robe. What is with this game and not giving me healing poo poo

For context, I'm a launch day player and I still have exactly one better-than-SSB white mage relic, Minwu's BSB, which is cool but uhHHH not for a primary healer

Baku fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jun 23, 2017

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I'll accept this

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Sprite141 posted:

The poison imperil is a ssb, not his bsb.

I realize this, your point being...? Having that attack animation makes it better than many of the BSBs on that banner for me. I don't need another Dark or Holy Imperil.

2/11 on Curaga: Selphie USB and Arc SSB. Great for my first source of Last Stand, but a shame she's unable to use Wrath. I was hoping for Eiko's USB since she is already my primary healer with her BSB, but can't complain.

Question on Last Stand not answered in the game notes: can it be dispelled, and does it expire after a certain amount of time?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

wizard on a water slide posted:

I don't think I've ever been more jealous of a loving pull

Also 2/11 - Rosa's not-Dreamstage Bow and a third Arc White Robe. What is with this game and not giving me healing poo poo

For context, I'm a launch day player and I still have exactly one better-than-SSB white mage relic, Minwu's BSB, which is cool but uhHHH not for a primary healer

What in the..

Bro, what's your pulling pattern like? Do you have top support or offensive relics? Do you tend to pull on a lot of realm banner? Obviously a lot of RNG has been involved, but I think I've pulled like 10+ (including maybe 4 dupes) decent to good BSB+ medicas since I started in November. I figured we were at a point where the game's been making sure almost everyone has a very high chance at one.

Goondolensces.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
gently caress. 1/11 Penelo SSB. :suicide:

I almost feel like I should quit and restart my relic pulls have been so trash. 300+ Mythril wasted before the game even included a guaranteed relic and out of the lucky pulls since I came back it's been one steaming pile of poo poo after the next. :sigh:

No wall. No medica BSB. Sheepsong but no physical Shout. Barely any BSBs at all.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

yshtola is a dupe but relm usb is nice. don't have any other relics for her tho

You don't need 'em, really, except for longer fights. You've got a huge instant-panic button that gives you a Curaga medica, bubble, and party Powerchain. If anything, having her BSB makes it harder to justify using the USB because Last Stand is good too.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

2/11 on curaga medica, a banner I have 13/24 relics on

Sarah SSB, Yuna USB

Neither was a dupe #alwayspull

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013

iamsosmrt posted:

What in the..

Bro, what's your pulling pattern like? Do you have top support or offensive relics? Do you tend to pull on a lot of realm banner? Obviously a lot of RNG has been involved, but I think I've pulled like 10+ (including maybe 4 dupes) decent to good BSB+ medicas since I started in November. I figured we were at a point where the game's been making sure almost everyone has a very high chance at one.

Goondolensces.

I had a similar issue and then got drowned in healer stuff around the 2nd Anniversary, now I have a bunch of good bursts, Yuna/Eiko USB, and only lack some sort of medica in IV and V

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'll accept this

You. I don't like you.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

You don't need 'em, really, except for longer fights. You've got a huge instant-panic button that gives you a Curaga medica, bubble, and party Powerchain. If anything, having her BSB makes it harder to justify using the USB because Last Stand is good too.

All my usbs are healers now lol

Yuna usb
Eiko usb
Relm usb

Two are instant cast lol

I've been dumping every egg recently into luneth to get his xp rm asap. Only to 85 so far... Guess I should grind that ff9 dungeon...

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010

BGrifter posted:

gently caress. 1/11 Penelo SSB. :suicide:

I almost feel like I should quit and restart my relic pulls have been so trash. 300+ Mythril wasted before the game even included a guaranteed relic and out of the lucky pulls since I came back it's been one steaming pile of poo poo after the next. :sigh:

No wall. No medica BSB. Sheepsong but no physical Shout. Barely any BSBs at all.

I feel you, but I wouldn't recommend it. Having a baseline of levelled characters, skills, and statsticks is super valuable. So many resources in this game are dictated by the drip over time.

Also, while realm mithril is 'free', grinding it out takes forever. When we had half stamina realm dungeons at anniversary I spent hours and hours finishing them off, and that was getting refreshes from stamina shards nonstop.

Even if each realm dungeon only took 5 minutes (which I feel is optimistic considering loading and animation times) it would take more than four hours to get enough for an 11 pull. If you want more pulls you're better off getting a part time job at that point.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

way to go steve posted:

I feel you, but I wouldn't recommend it. Having a baseline of levelled characters, skills, and statsticks is super valuable. So many resources in this game are dictated by the drip over time.

Yeah you're right, I'm just on tilt. I have way too many hours sunk into this account. It'd take me hundreds of hours to grind all these characters back to 80/all my 4* honed skills/etc.

It's just so frustrating not even being able to assemble a credible base team worth of relics and getting 1/11 lovely SSB pull after pull.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

3/11 on curaga lucky

dupe Ovelia SSB (decent stat stick for a mage-weak realm)
Porom SSB (ehhhh already had hastega in Edward, but it is a medica I guess)

VANILLE BSB

First healer BSB! Wooooo! Been hunting this one or Yshy BSB forever. Glad to finally have one.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

pichupal posted:

I keep forgetting Ramza's USB isn't his BSB2. His BSB2 has too many effects on the Entry then normal. ATK +50% normally counts as 2, then Hastega, En-Holy and Burst Mode?

4/5 Entry effects is normally a USB thing.

My guess would be they did that because the commands are a little bit awkward. Your choice is to not attack at all and Wrath or do what look to be strong attacks but gain zero Gauge out of it. I imagine it's still very good, but mostly I feel like you're almost never gonna use the attack on it if only because you'll want to have the Gauge to re-up the BSB2.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
1/11 dupe vanille SSB (miracle prayer)

always lucky...

way to go steve
Jan 1, 2010

BGrifter posted:

Yeah you're right, I'm just on tilt. I have way too many hours sunk into this account. It'd take me hundreds of hours to grind all these characters back to 80/all my 4* honed skills/etc.

It's just so frustrating not even being able to assemble a credible base team worth of relics and getting 1/11 lovely SSB pull after pull.

Bad pulls suck, and they happen a lot. It's especially frustrating because people tend to want to share their good pulls. But keep in mind, a fundamental part of the game is to keep you feeling like you're missing something. I have some amazing stuff and I'm still frustrated at my lack of a hastega for my mages, and not having a native source of astra.

As long as you can clear most stuff and hop in discord for raid clears your power level has nowhere to go but up!

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I feel like they should just give every character access to either Wrath or Lifesiphon at this point. Instant upgrade to a lot of lackluster relics right off the bat, and if you stock up like 2+ on a character, you can unleash multiple bursts.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

iamsosmrt posted:

What in the..

Goondolensces.

I have a lot of offensive stuff for both physical and caster characters, and pretty much every other cornerstone piece; I've got SG, Shout, OK's BSB (along with probably half a dozen other phys or mag boost relics), Celes's runic SSB, etc. This is just the weird gap in my relic selection.

Honestly at this point I should probably be RWing my healing SB, but I really really hate actually using Tyro and wall is still awesome enough that wall RW + SSB healing (I do have Dreamstage, Arc's instant + blink Curaga, etc) is enough for all but bleeding edge endgame, and half of that is multiplayer where I can run something like offense+support or wall+shout and let other people take care of the healing.

It's just driving me bonkers because I've actually put a TON of mythril into banners with stuff like Yshtola's Circlet on them.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

iamsosmrt posted:

I feel like they should just give every character access to either Wrath or Lifesiphon at this point. Instant upgrade to a lot of lackluster relics right off the bat, and if you stock up like 2+ on a character, you can unleash multiple bursts.

Or just make a couple more, one for black magic and one for white magic. Maybe black one is deal non-elemental damage and get a lot of gauge, white would be heal a target curaga level and get gauge.

that'd give access to most characters.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

way to go steve posted:

Bad pulls suck, and they happen a lot. It's especially frustrating because people tend to want to share their good pulls. But keep in mind, a fundamental part of the game is to keep you feeling like you're missing something. I have some amazing stuff and I'm still frustrated at my lack of a hastega for my mages, and not having a native source of astra.

As long as you can clear most stuff and hop in discord for raid clears your power level has nowhere to go but up!

Yeah it's all good. I just need to be patient. I'm kind of running into a wall with so many characters trapped at 80 and barely squeaking past the MC3 bosses, but I have 125 mythril left and some good banners to pull on coming up. Plus it sounds like Cloud USB being RWable might help do some nutty things with an undergeared team once that gets released.

After bad pulls on the last half dozen banners I kinda zeroed in on the Medica banner thinking "At least I'll finally get one part of the Wall/Medica BSB/Shout trinity". Seeing that 1/11 SSB pull put me on tilt. I'll just keep grinding Orbfest and maybe BSB+ tomorrow will bring good things.

A BLM BSB would actually give me a pretty good Mage team. Plus because I played so much before taking a year off I actually have the orbs to craft and hone a couple Chaingas.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Pander posted:

Or just make a couple more, one for black magic and one for white magic. Maybe black one is deal non-elemental damage and get a lot of gauge, white would be heal a target curaga level and get gauge.

that'd give access to most characters.

Give me a 4* Celerity one that gives like one stack of physical blink + increased SB charge.

Edge not having Combat 4 or Support 4 sucks. I wanna be able to spam Eblan Doppleganger, dammit! :argh:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I regret holding out on the nightmare white banner after my lovely pull on the not always lucky banner

Also be sure to equip those ko resists for the latest highway boss

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I found Geryon to be a fair bit easier by using Rapha's BSB. Not only does it provide a source of lightning damage early on, but its commands also have a non-elemental component for later in the fight,, its CMD1 heals a party member, and it buffs the party's MAG and RES concurrently. (In my case I stacked that with Edward's Song of Swiftness to make for pretty good damage from Rydia/Palom.)

Beyond that, I just ran with Porom's SSB medica (which nicely doubles as a hastega) and leveraged my characters' innate abilities. Between Rapha BSB CMD1, Porom as a primary healer, and Ceodore as an off-healer, Geryon couldn't really do lasting damage outside of unlucky Maelstrom procs.

Edit: Don't leave home without Affliction Break. I dunno what the proc chances are for each status from Gas, but with Affliction Break I ended up not caring about silence/sleep.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jun 23, 2017

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
How do the buffs/debuffs on Celes BSB2 work? Does command 2 overwrite the entry buff or does the +DEF/-DEF cancel out and she effectively gets 2 moderate ATK buffs?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Elephant Ambush posted:

How do the buffs/debuffs on Celes BSB2 work? Does command 2 overwrite the entry buff or does the +DEF/-DEF cancel out and she effectively gets 2 moderate ATK buffs?

The buff on entry and the buff/debuff pair on her cmd2 stack, so she gets two Attack buffs (plus the buff from Burst Mode itself). The +Defense and -Defense don't really cancel out but they do end up close to baseline Defense, so it's close enough.

And just for the record even though you didn't ask about it, the Spellblade damage bonus on her cmd1 stacks with everything, too.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

How do people use Celes in combat with no way to quickly build gauge? I just got her BSB1 and I tend to use Mako Might/Dr. Mog's on Tyro for Wall and healer for emergency medica, so her ATK/MAG buff won't end up getting used until like halfway through the battle. Seems tough to use properly.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i feel like having indomitable blade makes the BSB2 quite a bit less appealing and the rest of the stuff on that banner just isn't that great

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
Relm USB, Lenna SSB, dupe Rosa SSB. Hell yeah I love lucky draws

bilperkins2 posted:

How do people use Celes in combat with no way to quickly build gauge? I just got her BSB1 and I tend to use Mako Might/Dr. Mog's on Tyro for Wall and healer for emergency medica, so her ATK/MAG buff won't end up getting used until like halfway through the battle. Seems tough to use properly.
If there's a weakness to hit, Celes with Ace Striker/Battleforged will have a gauge after three weakness hits. Or look up the fight beforehand to see if you can survive without a medica long enough so that you don't have to stick MM/DMT on your healer.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

iPodschun posted:

Relm USB, Lenna SSB, dupe Rosa SSB. Hell yeah I love lucky draws
If there's a weakness to hit, Celes with Ace Striker/Battleforged will have a gauge after three weakness hits. Or look up the fight beforehand to see if you can survive without a medica long enough so that you don't have to stick MM/DMT on your healer.

Yeah this. Hit elemental weaknesses to build meter. She's a spellblade so she can hit almost any element.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Wasn't going to pull on the VI banner but changed my mind after seeing Celes's BSB2 in action against Soul Cage MP.

3/11 - Death Tarot (dupe), Relm's Hat, Da Vinci Brush

Not what I wanted, but I'm not going to complain about a new USB. :toot:

Shame I don't have Relm's burst, but who knows, maybe I'll pull it on the next lucky draw. And if I don't, it's no big deal.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

W.T. Fits posted:

Wasn't going to pull on the VI banner but changed my mind after seeing Celes's BSB2 in action against Soul Cage MP.

3/11 - Death Tarot (dupe), Relm's Hat, Da Vinci Brush

Not what I wanted, but I'm not going to complain about a new USB. :toot:

Shame I don't have Relm's burst, but who knows, maybe I'll pull it on the next lucky draw. And if I don't, it's no big deal.

As a not wrath haver, don't fret too much about Relm, you'll virtually never have a chance to juggle both skills except in Jump Start battles.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
2x Eiko USB, Eiko BSB. I think god wants me to play with Eiko.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

W.T. Fits posted:

Give me a 4* Celerity one that gives like one stack of physical blink + increased SB charge.

Edge not having Combat 4 or Support 4 sucks. I wanna be able to spam Eblan Doppleganger, dammit! :argh:

In 6 months' time anyone will be able to RW Ramza BSB2 for Wrath access.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
I haven't been in this thread in a while, but I just had to pop in in order to :catstare: at the FFT banners in JP.

It feels like every other Tactics banner breaks the game in some fashion.

• Locked thread