Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Detroit is apparently in on Hamonic for no reason whatsoever and will surely offer young useful players in return.

Also Todd Nelson a candidate in Arizona when Detroit should probably fire Blashill and lock Nelson up instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
this is loving bullshit

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Cool Rangers got worse, nice, nice

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/simmonssteve/status/878290606673453056

:lol: Non-NHL Team Canada at the Olympics is gonna be dreadful

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

ThinkTank posted:

https://twitter.com/simmonssteve/status/878290606673453056

:lol: Non-NHL Team Canada at the Olympics is gonna be dreadful

at least it'll be easy to tell which lines are coming up next, even if you don't know who they are

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Rangers beat writer says we should hold on panic until we know all the pieces in the deal. There might be more.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
T

R

A

D

E

S

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Hey guys, I'm just heating up some awesome tortilla soup from Max and Erma's in my office after getting things ready for the Dayton Air Show, what's---:allbuttons:

Hockles posted:

I knew it was going to Forsberg. CBJ was like 4 deep on decent goalie prospects.

And, frankly, I question if Forsberg is going to be an NHL goalie. Excellent in the AHL, though.

On the other hand, Merzlikins sounds really drat good.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
the Cubs win the world series and every other Chicago franchise promptly shoots themselves in the loving head Jesus loving Christ

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

If there's not more to the trade than the Rangers have a lot of space to free up and a 7th to dangle in a trade for a top flight D.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
What's an Anthony Deangelo?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Well they're saying there's maybe more to the deal.

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Rangers beat writer says we should hold on panic until we know all the pieces in the deal. There might be more.

Which one?

Adam Herman (who's not really a beat writer) is speculating this might mean they package their other first round pick for a center that's on the market

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Matt Zerella posted:

What's an Anthony Deangelo?

A racist puck moving defenseman

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
rangers clearing cap space so they can sign both Kovalchuk and Shattenkirk ha ha

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

the Cubs win the world series and every other Chicago franchise promptly shoots themselves in the loving head Jesus loving Christ

Hey hold on, the Bears shot themselves in the head several years ago.

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

The Rangers must have some other moves planned. With Stepan and Lindberg gone, they only have 2 centers on the roster.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kilza posted:

Not racist, it's the gay pucks he hates.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Levitate posted:

Which one?

Adam Herman (who's not really a beat writer) is speculating this might mean they package their other first round pick for a center that's on the market

Fortunato.

I mean there is obviously more here, whether it's to this trade in particular or whether the Rangers make more deals. They'd have a lot of cap space to sign and trade for players now, including a 7th that they should be dangling.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/878294820246011904

Stuff starting to swirl around Hamonic, Dreger says the Leafs are in

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

If there's not more to the trade than the Rangers have a lot of space to free up and a 7th to dangle in a trade for a top flight D.

I feel like they'd rather move the 21st and keep the 7th, they need to hit on a star player with a draft pick sometime here. Not sure there are any top flight D available that would want a 7th as part of it. trouba is the only top pairing type guy that is vaguely rumored to be available at some point and the Jets wanted a top left D in exchange

Kilza posted:

What did he do that was racist, I assume this was some incident in juniors and slurs towards another player?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

If Jeff somehow manages to get MacKinnon I'm gonna poo poo my pants.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Matt Zerella posted:

If Jeff somehow manages to get MacKinnon I'm gonna poo poo my pants.

I think he's gonna try and that would be cool as poo poo for the Rangers to buy a bit low on him.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

xzzy posted:

Hey hold on, the Bears shot themselves in the head several years ago.

they still have more rounds in the magazine to get through

I get the Saad deal but god dammit gently caress you Seabrook

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Fortunato.

I mean there is obviously more here, whether it's to this trade in particular or whether the Rangers make more deals. They'd have a lot of cap space to sign and trade for players now, including a 7th that they should be dangling.

Again not sure they're going to dangle the 7th overall vs the 21st but depends on what might be available I guess. If you can get MacKinnon for the 7th and a piece then sure

e: I keep saying I'm not sure about dealing the 7th because again they basically have to find a way to get a young star player and if they can't get that with trading the 7th then they might as well keep it and hope they draft well

But...

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
hand knit: i assume awful racist/homophobic jokes in avatars are no-goes right because someone is probably getting a deangelo avatar and i want to know my limits

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Yeah rangers gotta be making more moves here, or, alternatively, Gorton is dumb

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Levitate posted:

What did he do that was racist, I assume this was some incident in juniors and slurs towards another player?

If I remember correctly, he called someone on his own team the N word, and not in a joking around dumb teenager way

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I guess the Rangers didn't really need Stepan with Zbad, Miller, and Hayes/Vesey, but this still feels like a strange move for a competing team to make. It's basically their 1C for future value unless they're really high on DeAngelo

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Glambags posted:

Yeah rangers gotta be making more moves here, or, alternatively, Gorton is dumb

always assume the NHL GM in question is dumb

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Gorton isn't stupid guys, the Rangers aren't done here.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I guess the Rangers didn't really need Stepan with Zbad, Miller, and Hayes/Vesey, but this still feels like a strange move for a competing team to make. It's basically their 1C for future value unless they're really high on DeAngelo

Miller is Real Bad at C

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
assuming there's another move, i don't mind that deal. but even if there isn't another move, it's not the worst idea in the world to get out from under stepan's contract. he's played a lot of hockey and was never the fastest skater in the world to begin with. i can see him not living up to it, even if he is a legit top six center.

having said that, he's had some of my favorite ranger goals--the OT goal against Wash, the zuccarello soccer pass against pittsburgh, the pick against chara. i'll miss him.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Matt Zerella posted:

Miller is Real Bad at C

Well then this makes no sense unless they're getting Duchene/some other mystery 1C

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

hand knit: i assume awful racist/homophobic jokes in avatars are no-goes right because someone is probably getting a deangelo avatar and i want to know my limits

Definitely no-goes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jamwad Hilder posted:

If I remember correctly, he called someone on his own team the N word, and not in a joking around dumb teenager way

Good locker room guy.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Deangelo is a righty. In more ways than one.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/mauripellervo/status/878289420725702656

Dang ol' Expansion. :(

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/878298100057743361

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Miller hasn't played center exclusively at the NHL level, though he takes draws sometimes. Vesey isn't a center.
They only have two centers on the roster now with Zbad and Hayes. Something else has to be planned around getting a center.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/878298467990294528

A lot of GMs are enamored with cap space, it seems.

• Locked thread