Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Lonk posted:

No seriously who came up with this trend of female armor in MMOs
Korea I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

CLAM DOWN posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: ATTENTION STARFLEET DENTAL (and any other parties interested in joining) :siren: :siren: :siren:

This Saturday June 24th, at 2 hours before guild missions (3pm PST/6pm EST/11pm CET/7:30am AEST), we are hosting another infamous SFD guild event: THE GREAT GUILD HALL TREASURE HUNT hosted by your favourite troublesome troubadour, Tacitus!

Details can be found here: https://www.starfleetdental.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4269-the-great-guild-hall-treasure-hunt-~~-the-official-rules-thread/#comment-51914

See you all this Saturday for some insane prizes including sacks of gems, a pile of precursors, and dozens more mysteries! Grand prize is a romantic night with Great Successor Arus, all-inclusive!

Hooray

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017

Lonk posted:

Nice chastity belt there :awesomelon:

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
A little bit of me dies every time I see what looks like a great skirt skin from the back, then realize it's a buttcape from the front.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lonk posted:

My first thought was "wow that looks low res" then I looked it up and realized this game came out in 2012.

Oh well I guess they know their market.

SnotGrumble
Jun 4, 2003

All men live in fear of him and his Moxie.
Ok, I’ve been playing GW2 for about a year, and just got into WvW last week.

Can anyone explain what the hell it means when it says I got “pips” while doing WvW? The website explaining the WvW rework says they are for a new Skirmish reward track, but how are pips different than the normal reward track bar that I get points towards every few minutes?

For instance, last night, I was at 100% level 6 participation, and the tracker listed +195 points as the participation bonus, but when the timer got to 0, it would occasionally say I got 2 pips. I eventually got a wooden chest.

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017

SnotGrumble posted:

Ok, I’ve been playing GW2 for about a year, and just got into WvW last week.

Can anyone explain what the hell it means when it says I got “pips” while doing WvW? The website explaining the WvW rework says they are for a new Skirmish reward track, but how are pips different than the normal reward track bar that I get points towards every few minutes?

For instance, last night, I was at 100% level 6 participation, and the tracker listed +195 points as the participation bonus, but when the timer got to 0, it would occasionally say I got 2 pips. I eventually got a wooden chest.

Pips are separate from your reward track and reset every week. It's how you earn commendations to spend on the new back piece stuff. The reward track is up to you, and you can change it any time you want.

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

CLAM DOWN posted:

:siren: :siren: :siren: ATTENTION STARFLEET DENTAL (and any other parties interested in joining) :siren: :siren: :siren:

This Saturday June 24th, at 2 hours before guild missions (3pm PST/6pm EST/11pm CET/7:30am AEST), we are hosting another infamous SFD guild event: THE GREAT GUILD HALL TREASURE HUNT hosted by your favourite troublesome troubadour, Tacitus!

Details can be found here: https://www.starfleetdental.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4269-the-great-guild-hall-treasure-hunt-~~-the-official-rules-thread/#comment-51914

See you all this Saturday for some insane prizes including sacks of gems, a pile of precursors, and dozens more mysteries! Grand prize is a romantic night with Great Successor Arus, all-inclusive!

What time is that in IST?

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

@958 in Swatch Internet .beats

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

reminder that this exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL5va3Znwt8

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually had fun playing a bit of PvP today. How are Rangers supposed to play in it?

I was using Greatsword/Longbow to harass people and switched between Raven and Krytan Drakehound pet for the annoying conditions.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

I hate this and I hate you.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Jesus H loving Christ, what the hell is that video.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

frajaq posted:

I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually had fun playing a bit of PvP today. How are Rangers supposed to play in it?

I was using Greatsword/Longbow to harass people and switched between Raven and Krytan Drakehound pet for the annoying conditions.

Power Ranger/Druid is pretty classic but has sort of fallen behind to builds that are more consistent (spammy), also Druid isn't full of traits that make you great at power burst damage and elite specs run the show now. https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Druid_-_Power_Druid This setup uses the pets for extra burst.

The top-end use for Druid is a support and has to kite enemies while relying more on pets to kill, but it's great for denying decaps and showing up uninvited to fights with burst healing and some damage. https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Druid_-_Bunker_Druid

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Oh woops forgot to say that I didn't buy the expansion yet, so no Druid stuff for me. Oh well at least I have a notion about it now

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sweet jesus that video is so loving bad.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

this one was better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJBB8BjlWkA

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Not gonna click it I've already been tricked by one of your videos.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
I took the risk so no one else would have to, and that video is pretty... pretty good.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

reminder that this exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td7-vtRcdyo

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

:laffo:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

god i hate you for posting this

you fat piece of poo poo

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

Crancherry
May 29, 2014

Pork Pro

And you wonder why people are rude to you.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
:laffo:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
God it's even worse underwater.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
Y'all think any of the remaining old world bosses will see a Teq/TripTrub/Shatterer type reworking? If not, which would you like to see redone most and what are some suggested mechanics for your chosen boss?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Apparently NCSoft just released their own moba, has Rytlock as a "Master". Seems to be copying the Heroes of the Storm idea of pulling from all the franchises.

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017

lucifirius posted:

Apparently NCSoft just released their own moba, has Rytlock as a "Master". Seems to be copying the Heroes of the Storm idea of pulling from all the franchises.

Because the moba genre needs another poo poo game. :gary:

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

lucifirius posted:

No Tybalt, no buys.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

lucifirius posted:

Does NCSoft even have recognizable franchises?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

lucifirius posted:

And what are the other franchises they're getting characters from? See HotS kinda work because they get characters from 4 games that people actually care about :v:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I bit the bullet and checked it out because it is a MOBA after all and I love them, it also has characters from Aion, Blade & Soul, City of Heroes/Villains, Lineage 2 and loving Wildstar of all things. The rest are all "original" from MXM and they're all very anime

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Well we need at least one male character that's recognizably human and doesn't have anime douchebag hair, let's see what we've got in the basement... here we go, "Statesman", put him by all the designs we dug out of the dumpster behind the Dreamworks office.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

in my unprofessional opinion i get the feeling that it's not going to fare too well, because ncsoft doesn't really have a 'recognizable' stable of characters beyond a couple of vague exceptions

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

the MOBA not only has a rune system like in LoL but also weapon upgrades that affect PvP :smithfrog:

stuff like that makes me appreciate GW2's PvP system even more

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I haven't played since launch. Even then I only played for maybe 10 hours. Any protips for going in cold 5 years late? Especially a good, survivable class for PvE since that's all I want to see.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

big cummers ONLY posted:

I haven't played since launch. Even then I only played for maybe 10 hours. Any protips for going in cold 5 years late? Especially a good, survivable class for PvE since that's all I want to see.

Guardian is probably the most survivable class, though anything that isn't Elementalist or Mesmer is probably fine.

General starter tips:
Never just grind on mobs. That's awful. Explore, find events, whatever. Literally everything gets you XP.

Hearts are there to guide you in a direction, but the real core to the game is the events. Do the events and stick around, there's often dialogue or another part to the event. Don't be afraid to follow event NPCs around. They don't walk five feet and despawn, they'll often go start another event, or become a vendor, etc.

Always be gathering! Gathering is good money and xp. You can buy tools at most any random vendor. Sell everything you get at the TP.

Don't vendor items. Nearly everything is better off being TP'd or salvaged.

If you want some easy levels, be a chef. Getting max will get you 10 levels.

There are two different type of consumable buff: food and utility. Have a good +magic find food, and get a Halloween utility candy and keep those up, they're worth bonus xp.

Basically just go wherever you want and do what seems fun. Don't get stuck on completing zones. When you find somewhere new, check it out.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

Go RV! posted:

... General starter tips:
... Explore, find events, whatever. Literally everything gets you XP.

This is so true. It's amazing that people don't talk about it more.

Found a cool looking high place to survey the countryside? You get XP.
Locate some resources that you can later sell? You get XP.
Hit a monster that someone else is fighting while you run by? You get XP. (and, also, you don't reduce that person's XP any)
Literally walk through a new area? You get XP.

It's freakin' ridic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

frajaq posted:

the MOBA not only has a rune system like in LoL but also weapon upgrades that affect PvP :smithfrog:

stuff like that makes me appreciate GW2's PvP system even more

Oh so it's just straight pay2win?

• Locked thread