Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Russian conspiracy theorist who's just making poo poo up and is possibly a deliberate distraction

Yankovich is not better than Iron Stache

that post of mine may not have been meant entirely seriously

I thought it was funnier if I didn't add a :v: after it but maybe the tone was lost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

who are we kidding we probably can't afford to drink that cuck nectar even if we wanted to

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

aw i was hoping it was actually the estate of dewitt clinton

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

loquacius posted:

that post of mine may not have been meant entirely seriously

I thought it was funnier if I didn't add a :v: after it but maybe the tone was lost
Another victim of Poe's Law.

I tend to italicise my ridiculous posts depending on what I'm trying to infer.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I'd add some (popular vote) Victory Vermouth and Bad Dem Bitters for a Liberal Manhattanite.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

SirPhoebos posted:

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/873997106972958720

In the age known then as "The End of History", the land was ruled by a King and Queen.
The Queen was incredibly ambitious, and looked forward to the day she would rule alone.
"I will craft the most perfect plot, and my ascendancy will be an inevitability.
"And though my foes will see it coming, they will be powerless to stop it."

When the King passed, the Queen moved her court to a great island citadel.
There she marshaled her forces, though she ignored the troubles of her kingdom.
When all was ready, her great and splendid host marched from her stronghold,
Only to be wiped out in a cornfield by a half-drow Warlord.

The Warlord desired unity, and made the Queen his advisor.
Biting her tongue, the Queen convinced the Warlord that she should be restored to the throne.
In time, her forces were restored, with the singular goal of achieving this one goal.
It was this dedication that allowed her army to barely bring the quarrelsome people to heel.

"At last!" she exclaimed, breaking a pane of glass to commemorate her final triumph to come.
"It is my turn to rule, and all signs point to ultimate victory.
"The people will love and cherish my reign of reason and enlightenment."
Those were her last words as she was decapitated by a red hat.

lovely, sourced product with few redeeming qualities sold to rich liberals at an enormous markup using a marketing strategy that's 80% "slick" branding and 20% outright fabrications

yeah, that sounds about right

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

SKULL.GIF posted:

It is seriously astonishing how amazing Matt Y has become

I was betting on the 1600 dudebros to be the first to dehumanize themselves and face to bloodshed, but lol Dan Pfeiffer just doubled down on "we gotta win Romney voters" after GA 06

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

What if I think its been overdramatized (Russia) but also too restrained (everything else his admin is doing)?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Frijolero posted:

https://twitter.com/Chemzes/status/878290554911563776

Neolibs are losing they're goddamn minds and it's great lol

I want to see like a secret Mossad squad of wizards in the upcoming HP universe movies that are coming out.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

lol once again morons on this forum get it wrong

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Romney is the bad dems Tony Blair, except not even nominally from their party. but he once said trump was bad so that's enough to encourage bad dems to draw little hearts around his pictures

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

I was betting on the 1600 dudebros to be the first to dehumanize themselves and face to bloodshed, but lol Dan Pfeiffer just doubled down on "we gotta win Romney voters" after GA 06

I guess that's doubling down? It's a pretty throwaway statement and basically factually true to win some of the redder districts. There's probably some daylight on healthcare with the poorer aarp crowd, for instance.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

I don't understand what any of this means or why anyone would or should care.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Vox Nihili posted:

lovely, sourced product with few redeeming qualities sold to rich liberals at an enormous markup using a marketing strategy that's 80% "slick" branding and 20% outright fabrications

yeah, that sounds about right
I wouldn't mind if Hillary embraced micro-distilleries and made it a fad among rich/uppity middle-class folks.

We already got homebrewing for beer as a huge thing that's getting pretty cheap to do, it's the next logical step and she at least enjoys hard liquor

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

approval of louise mensch generally indicates a credulous embrace of every retarded Trump-Putin conspiracy

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

ThndrShk2k posted:

I wouldn't mind if Hillary embraced micro-distilleries and made it a fad among rich/uppity middle-class folks.

We already got homebrewing for beer as a huge thing that's getting pretty cheap to do, it's the next logical step and she at least enjoys hard liquor

Except that rye was probably just rebottled and labeled like almost all "craft" whiskeys.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

GalacticAcid posted:

approval of louise mensch generally indicates a credulous embrace of every retarded Trump-Putin conspiracy

It's dumb but I'm not sure why people both want lots of good candidates and also want to disqualify everyone for no reason.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

Except that rye was probably just rebottled and labeled like almost all "craft" whiskeys.

100% chance that it's sourced, 99.99% chance that its either MGP distillate or Canadian

just cheap stuff at a massive markup to trick hipsters into paying for incredibly ironic "authentic" branding

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

i'll worry about it when he spends all his time shouting about russia instead of healthcare

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

SirPhoebos posted:

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/873997106972958720

In the age known then as "The End of History", the land was ruled by a King and Queen.
The Queen was incredibly ambitious, and looked forward to the day she would rule alone.
"I will craft the most perfect plot, and my ascendancy will be an inevitability.
"And though my foes will see it coming, they will be powerless to stop it."

When the King passed, the Queen moved her court to a great island citadel.
There she marshaled her forces, though she ignored the troubles of her kingdom.
When all was ready, her great and splendid host marched from her stronghold,
Only to be wiped out in a cornfield by a half-drow Warlord.

The Warlord desired unity, and made the Queen his advisor.
Biting her tongue, the Queen convinced the Warlord that she should be restored to the throne.
In time, her forces were restored, with the singular goal of achieving this one goal.
It was this dedication that allowed her army to barely bring the quarrelsome people to heel.

"At last!" she exclaimed, breaking a pane of glass to commemorate her final triumph to come.
"It is my turn to rule, and all signs point to ultimate victory.
"The people will love and cherish my reign of reason and enlightenment."
Those were her last words as she was decapitated by a red hat.

theres no way she didnt see george clooney sell his tequila company for 1b and go "i want in on that"

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Vox Nihili posted:

100% chance that it's sourced, 99.99% chance that its either MGP distillate or Canadian

just cheap stuff at a massive markup to trick hipsters into paying for incredibly ironic "authentic" branding

quote:

While she did not become our 45th President, Hillary Rodham Clinton’s success leading up to the most recent election inspired the folks at Republic Restoratives in DC to release a blended rye whiskey in tribute. So many elements of this particular bottling speak to the unwavering strength and poise shown by the former First Lady; for example, the final blend was cut to proof using water from a New York maple syrup farm in honor of her prior NY Senate experience. Rye was chosen as the predominant grain because, as distillery co-owner Pia Carusone has noted, it is one of the most “resilient” to work with, drawing parallels to Clinton’s political career.

Carusone supplements her distillery life with a love of politics, having campaigned for both Clinton and congresswoman Gabby Giffords before her. This whiskey, held up as a “tribute to women in history,” was not distilled in-house, but instead blended from Tennessee stock. A one-year and three-and-a-half-year rye were selected from another distillery to create a final product that is “stronger together than [these whiskies] are apart.”...

The Takeaway

It's an honor just to be nominated. Without losing sight of this powerful tribute, the whiskey blend itself seems like a bit of a rush job, lacking cohesion and satisfying rye character. Those who typically enjoy sweeter bourbons but are now seeking out the 'training wheels' of rye whiskey will find solace here, as will collectors of political merchandise. I'd rather give $40 directly to Emily's List and pick up a nice, reliable $30 bottle of rye at the local liquor store.

3/5

hey whoa, a passing 3/5. this rye is clearly more competent than hillary

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Vox Nihili posted:

Also how does mixing whiskey make it stronger than the individual parts? It's literally dilution

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

GalacticAcid posted:

i thnk he just kinda wants to bone her

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe
wait what my HRC alcohol is a gimmick??

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

ThndrShk2k posted:

Also how does mixing whiskey make it stronger than the individual parts? It's literally dilution

It's blending like johnny walker vs a single malt. You would do that to balance the flavor profile because single malt ryes are pretty harsh. Also it's a dumb gimmick here.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

maple syrup tree farms are known for their especially delicious water

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Is it wrong that I feel that the media and general discourse isn't focusing on Hillary's return to the spotlight meltdown enough? She comes back and refuses to take responsibility for anything while blaming everyone and everything else on her loss. Like what the gently caress that is so pathetic and shows signs of very poor leadership.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

i thnk he just kinda wants to bone her

you are just adorable, tee hee~ *bats a stachelash at Louise*

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

GalacticAcid posted:

Ah I gotcha. Yea that's a shame, but w/e. As long as Ironstache supports single-payer and minimum wage etc.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

punk rebel ecks posted:

Is it wrong that I feel that the media and general discourse isn't focusing on Hillary's return to the spotlight meltdown enough? She comes back and refuses to take responsibility for anything while blaming everyone and everything else on her loss. Like what the gently caress that is so pathetic and shows signs of very poor leadership.

nope

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

punk rebel ecks posted:

No one cares about hillary anymore because she's running for nothing and in charge of nothing.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
hrc alcohol a rush job, lacks vision

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Bip Roberts posted:

It's blending like johnny walker vs a single malt. You would do that to balance the flavor profile because single malt ryes are pretty harsh. Also it's a dumb gimmick here.
So it's referred to as a stronger taste if it's more well rounded/smoothly profiled?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Condiv posted:

hey whoa, a passing 3/5. this rye is clearly more competent than hillary

man that fraction sure does show up an awful lot with the clintons

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

:wow:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Raskolnikov38 posted:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Raskolnikov38 posted:

:vince:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Bip Roberts posted:

No one cares about hillary anymore because she's running for nothing and in charge of nothing.

Establishment Dem types sure care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Raskolnikov38 posted:

:piss:

• Locked thread