Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Lawlicaust posted:

All that xfers is some cosmetics. Also, there hasn't really been a headstart email. There has been an end of beta email that said more details on 22nd. More details have yet to come.

Funcompetence! Can't wait to be screwed over by this game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Ah but the 22nd of which month in which year? Checkmate :smuggo:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

DancingShade posted:

Ah but the 22nd of which month in which year? Checkmate :smuggo:

Clearly, page 22 of the King James bible holds the hint that will lead to a link to another hint to...

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

quote:

The TSW Legacy Transfer system is only available to those of you with an existing account in The Secret World. It allows you to:

Copy any remaining TSW Membership time into active Patron status time
Unlock all the weapon pages
Copy over Clothing & Vanity items!
ACCESSING YOUR ACCOUNT
THE ACCOUNT SYSTEM OPENS FRIDAY, JUNE 23rd FOR THE HEAD START! YOU CANNOT ACCESS THE SECRET WORLD LEGENDS ACCOUNT SYSTEM UNTIL THEN.
Your current TSW account has already been linked to Secret World Legends.

In order to login into Secret World Legends for the first time, simply use your TSW game login details and you’re all set!

Please note:

To be eligible for the TSW Legacy Transfer, you must log into Secret World Legends using your TSW credentials. Brand-new Secret World Legends accounts are NOT linkable to TSW accounts retro-actively.
Login details on existing TSW accounts remain unchanged, should you wish to log back onto TSW.
If you have forgotten your TSW account details, you can recover them directly from the Secret World Legends account page:
account.secretworldlegends.com

Account system does not open until tomorrow: https://secretworldlegends.com/news/legacy-transfers/

quote:

Almost every single article of clothing available in the dressing room of any character on your TSW account gets copied to your Secret World Legends account. The only clothing items that won’t copy over are Faction uniforms earned through Faction Ranks. Those can be re-earned through gameplay.

All clothing that copies over is available in the dressing room of every character on your Secret World Legends account.

There are some important things to keep in mind:

• Clothing items must be in a Dressing Room or physically equipped by a character in order to be copied. Unopened Clothing in your Inventory, unopened Item Store Claims, or unopened Delivered Items are not copied.
  • Clothing items are separate for female and male character models! To ensure that all clothing items can copy over from TSW, we recommend having at least one character of each gender model, with all potential items unlocked and collected in your Dressing Room.
  • This means that clothing items for male character models should be in the Dressing Room or equipped by a male character models. Clothing items for female character models should be in the Dressing Room or equipped by a female character model.Example: If you have only one female character on your TSW account, but own a clothing set with both male and female costume parts, only the female model outfit will be transferred to Secret World Legends. If you want the male counterpart, make sure to claim this outfit on a male character in TSW before initiating the Transfer.
  • Faction items are separate items! If you own faction-exclusive items, you must have them in the dressing room or equipped by characters of the corresponding factions to have them copied.
  • Characters with items you want copied must be active (i.e., not deleted) at the time you initiate the Legacy Transfer.
  • All pets you currently own in your Pet Window copy over, with the exception of pets awarded from the Museum of the Occult, as well as the Guardians of Gaia “Shem” pets.
  • All Sprint Styles and Mounts you currently own in your Sprint Window copy over, with the exception of the Franken-Chopper. Current owners of the Franken-Chopper instead receive the new “Speed Demon” bike in Secret World Legends. The Franken-Chopper is now a reward from a mission obtained from Moose at Level 50.
    Achievements you earned in TSW do not copy over, although any clothing rewards you earned for completing those achievements do copy over.
  • Titles are not a part of the Legacy Transfer system and do not copy over to Secret World Legends.

Pretty much everything transfers. So log onto TSW tonight and spend any cash you might still have lying around to buy everything from Pangea.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 23, 2017

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

So what I'm reading is they're going to run the Gaia event again and make me reearn shems. And that the gender specific account unlocks is going to be a thing still.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Only question is if that includes Hatekeeper's 1% Red Shem.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
With the impending launch (probably Saturday after a day of servers crashing) here are a few tips for getting started.

Do
  • Pick two weapons and stick with them. If the two you want aren't in the starting classes the only put AP/SP into one weapon until you can unlock the other.
  • Use matching items only when upgrading (shotgun into shotgun, dps talisman into dps talisman). This doesn't seem that important early on but once you are trying to level blues you will blow through anima shards using non-matching items
  • Auction any talismans and weapons you don't need. Auction for MoF > Sell for Anima. You might even get 100 MoF out of a faded and that's better than 50 anima shards.
  • Sell any Radiant talismans or Rank III weapons you get early on. They are a very minor stat upgrade that you can cash in on for tons of MoF/Aurum.
  • Collect all lore you see when you see it. Because of the way AP/SP scale with XP, it isn't worth saving lore.
  • Be really smart about where you put SP points. It's temping to grab all those cheap stat boosts. However, you get so little AP/SP at 50 that you want to make every point count. Only build towards passives you actually want.
  • Use your dungeon keys every day. The distillates are a good way to level items.
  • Kill all the rares once for the extra loot.
  • All bonus objectives. They usually take a minute or two and give good loot.

Don't
  • Put points into a third weapon until you have everything you want from your first two.
  • Skip missions until you are in Scorched Desert. If you don't do just about every main and side mission, you will start running into level gating.
  • Open Cache's until you are 50. The rewards scale as you level. Even once you are 50, it may not be worth it buy keys. AP/SP is more limited than item xp so that's probably a better use of Aurum.
  • Run dungeons if you don't have keys. You get very little xp.
  • Worry too much about which quality of talismans to upgrade at first. By the time you are ready to merge greens into blues, you should have luminous or radiants to level.
  • Buy consumables while level. Huge waste of marks.
  • Buy abilities or passives that you don't absolutely need or that aren't in the way of something you absolutely need. AP/SP is extremely limited in SWL especially compared to TSW. Every point spent counts.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 23, 2017

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I'll be honest, the reticle loving kills this for me. I just can't get myself to be able to effectively use the mouse/keyboard combo with it.
I would rather just have the action bar like in the original.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Oh good it took me like ten solid minutes to log into the old game at all, now to spend my points on clothes. If the loving store ever loads that is.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jun 23, 2017

WhiteBoyShuffle
Nov 1, 2004
I also just noticed the name I reserved is gone. I know it was supposed to be available until it went live but it doesn't even show the name I reserved at all.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Still can't play because I didn't log on for too long, thus I have to wait for general release.

But I didn't log on because I was waiting for a new expansion and then the relaunch :argh:

^ That sucks. I reckon they did something Funcom-like and made it such that the reserved names won't kick in until the 26th or so.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
The account creation page isn't up yet but you might be able to create and play. They said they copied all TSW accounts to SWL as active.

It's like the clothing system. They said they were going to be selective on what transfers. When it actually came time to implement though, they said gently caress it, too much work, ctl+c, ctl+v.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jun 23, 2017

Eddalius
Oct 31, 2011
Does chaos and blade make for a good combo in legends? It's what I used in TSW, so I'm really tempted to just go back to it.

Probably gonna end up doing some kinda tanking spec and definitely would prefer a spec with self healing, so probably looking at blade and something? Not entirely sure what would be good.

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

He had a baseball bat, and I was tied to a chair. Pissing him off was the smart thing to do.
I'm ready for this shitnado to take off. Then probably lose interest within a day or two with the loss of the skill wheel and all the freemium crap.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
That's the problem with these ridiculously restrictive caps. They see it as incentivising you into paying money when you want to play more or get more content, but (and this is especially true of those of us who have been playing the original game) it looks like a punishment for wanting to play more of their game.

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake

Prygelknabe posted:

I'm ready for this shitnado to take off. Then probably lose interest within a day or two with the loss of the skill wheel and all the freemium crap.

Same.

I'm already disillusioned because every MMO I actually enjoy playing dies quickly. TSW was the only one that didn't but now it's turned into...this.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Headstart at 2pm EDT.

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

He had a baseball bat, and I was tied to a chair. Pissing him off was the smart thing to do.
"Oh hey, I should see about that taco-eating achievement before Legends drops" I thought to myself.

7460 tacos it requires.
Each taco has a 5 second cooldown.

Unless I'm screwing up my math (which is very possible), that's over 10 hours of scarfing tacos.

:negative:

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Prygelknabe posted:

"Oh hey, I should see about that taco-eating achievement before Legends drops" I thought to myself.

7460 tacos it requires.
Each taco has a 5 second cooldown.

Unless I'm screwing up my math (which is very possible), that's over 10 hours of scarfing tacos.

:negative:

Correct. In legends, that achievement will end up costing around 100k MoF.

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

All doom-saying and fear of F2P shenanigans aside, I am looking a bit forward to go through the game again. The stories and characters you meet were the best part of TSW, and at least Funcom can't ruin that. I hope.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I'm just really bummed out about being locked in to a weapon right off the bat. Now I'm paralyzed with indecision.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
so how do I get the new version of this? Will it just appear in my library some time? How do I participate in the head start? When I hit up the store page it says its already in my library, so I'm assuming it will just appear at some point when its ready.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jun 23, 2017

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I'll post the account link when it's available. You'll need to xfers your account through that. You can't download it on Steam, unless you want to wait until July. You can follow the link I posted at the top of the page to download the client.

prefect posted:

I'm just really bummed out about being locked in to a weapon right off the bat. Now I'm paralyzed with indecision.

Do you have an old tsw account? If so you get all of them (but not the AP/SP to freely swap).

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 23, 2017

MightyShadow
Oct 27, 2005
The head start is delayed till 16:00 EDT.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
They probably can't get the account transfer working. There was no testing of it during beta and the new account page still isn't up.

No surprise that Funcom wasn't prepared for a headstart they only announced 2 weeks ago and didn't have anything ready and tested to support.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I haven't played in years, I quit a few months into the original launch. Reading these posts about only 2 weapons makes me wonder what to build my char around. I forget what my build was before I quit and the browser based character viewer is dead. :|

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lawlicaust posted:

Do you have an old tsw account? If so you get all of them (but not the AP/SP to freely swap).

Not only do I have an old TSW account, I was one of the geniuses who bought a lifetime subscription. :downs:

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

afkmacro posted:

I haven't played in years, I quit a few months into the original launch. Reading these posts about only 2 weapons makes me wonder what to build my char around. I forget what my build was before I quit and the browser based character viewer is dead. :|

I'm contemplating something with Hammer or Blade and something ranged. Not sure about doing something with a magic focus in SWL.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

prefect posted:

Not only do I have an old TSW account, I was one of the geniuses who bought a lifetime subscription. :downs:

Then you start with everything unlocked and permentant patron. It's just a matter of choosing which two to focus first. You can start building a third one after 50 but I'd really wait until then.

For everyone, DO NOT PUT POINTS INTO WEAPON CAPSTONES UNLESS YOU JUST REALLY WANT THE COSTUME. They give almost no stats for a ton of AP. Spend that on other weapons.

afkmacro posted:

Make sure to xfer your account to unlock everything. I suggest any combination of Hammer, Blade, Shotgun, Pistol, Fist. Chaos is very strong for tanking so do that if you really want to tank. Elementalism is nothing special. Blood is a bit fiddly but fine for most things. AR is just boring and very dependant on one ability for its damage.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Files to update the beta client to live are now available. Download is going pretty slow right now so you may want to start as soon as you can.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

How is Blades and Shotgun for soloing? Are they a decent balance of self heals and dps?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Both weapons are great even as solo weapons. You have self-healing, solid damage, and don't have energy problems. I'd probably do Blades as the primary and shotgun for AoE.

Dralun
May 22, 2012
If I wanted to heal dungeons, but didn't want to be gimped with soloing, what are the suggestions? I haven't really played since right after nightmare Ankh came out, but I recall fist / pistols working good for both.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Fist/Pistol would still be good. Fist or Blood are the two best healing weapons currently. AR isn't bad but boring + low damage without the elite.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Goddamn these fucksticks selling cosmetics for millions of pax. They want to be barons of a dead game. Die in a fire.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Lawlicaust posted:

Correct. In legends, that achievement will end up costing around 100k MoF.

This achievement was first gained by someone literally emptying the Lumi cabal guild bank to fund taco holocaust. One of the more entertaining drama bombs to come out of that hellhole of madness Lawlicaust was running.

Lawlicaust posted:

It's like the clothing system. They said they were going to be selective on what transfers. When it actually came time to implement though, they said gently caress it, too much work, ctl+c, ctl+v.

This sounds like the whole loving project to relaunch in a single line.

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost
Does anyone know if bonus points and veteran points transfer over, or is it just the normal paid funcom points?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Bonus points won't transfer, nor will veteran points. There will never be any new veteran items so just buy a cosmetic and xfer it.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
The account page is up now but completely hosed. You can't transfer your TSW info.

What Funcom says we should all see:

What we actually see:

Edit: Fixed.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
The account page is down.

The game is up, I was able to login with my old account but I don't see my old character

https://account.secretworldlegends.com/tsw_transfer

use at your own risk, reddit found it

Exmond fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 23, 2017