Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

2DCAT posted:

Tromp is literally the dumbest adult I have ever talked to. Have you ever spoken with those people who try to pretend that they know everything and cut you off mid sentence to try and finish what you're saying with the question "oh, so what you're saying is..."

That is Tromp, and every time I had to respond with, no, what I'm actually trying to say is...

I honestly don't know how he's managed to do anything in life.

Did anything get through to him? Or seemingly get through to him? I'd count even very basic stuff like your name or profession.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

2DCAT posted:

Tromp is literally the dumbest adult I have ever talked to. Have you ever spoken with those people who try to pretend that they know everything and cut you off mid sentence to try and finish what you're saying with the question "oh, so what you're saying is..."

That is Tromp, and every time I had to respond with, no, what I'm actually trying to say is...

you got too close and now you are infected and you have come to infect us all

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

There's no loving shame is there?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

If Hannity and Gingrich can hold off an impeachment by forcing Republicans to believe this is simply a coup, props

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Epic High Five posted:

Zizek was pro-Trump and correspondingly everything he says and thinks can be filed away as trash garbage for idiots

quote:

Trump is not the dirty water one should throw out to keep safe the healthy baby of U.S. democracy. He is the dirty baby who needs to be thrown out to make us believe that we got rid of the dirt, i.e., in order to make us forget the dirt that remains, the dirt that lurks beneath the Hillary consensus. The message of this consensus to the Left is: You can get everything, we just want to keep the essentials, the unencumbered functioning of the global capital. With this frame, President Barack Obama’s “Yes, we can!” acquires a new meaning: Yes, we can concede to all your cultural demands, without endangering the global market economy—so there is no need for radical economic measures. [...]

This is why WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange is right in his crusade against Clinton, and the liberals who criticize him for attacking her, the only person who can save us from Trump, are wrong: The thing to attack and undermine now is precisely this democratic consensus against the villain.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

2DCAT posted:

lmao :cheers:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

AJE is remarkably neutral with anything not involving the middle east

Who wants neutral anymore?

I want loving leftist propaganda, Olbermann for lyfe we are way beyond facts and decorum

Listening to NPR's news coverage makes me want to drink bleach

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

2DCAT posted:

his daddy was v rich

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I haven't encountered the new Anarky but lol and of course he's a libertarian.

It turns out Grant Morrison is quite insane! I know this must come as a shock to everyone.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

also for some reason the lanyards i speak to every now and then get triggered when i way "ap, reuters, al-jazeera in english"

so marcuslecter if one of those people were you i'm honestly pretty sorry but they're good articles i promise

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

I want loving leftist propaganda, Olbermann for lyfe we are way beyond facts and decorum

then listen to democracy now every day

then again they gave jill stein a platform

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

"See what I did there" :smug: - every 20-something correspondent on every news brief

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

"2dcat is a nasty guy"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Epic High Five posted:

If it makes you feel any better, Qatar is a modern slave state

So is Saudi Arabia of course but

So is Arkansas, according to a book excerpt I read.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

*bababa

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

I look forward to a bunch of preppers just raiding each other's bunkers until no one is left

In argentina the prepper scenario happend.

The cities became improptu communes as workers seized the factories and business continued as normal while the rural areas became ruled by crime sydicates and the preppers died, every single one lol

Turns out your bunker doesnt do much when people know its there

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

2DCAT posted:

This thread owns so hard

Also your pretty cool too 2DCAT

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Trump literally did that

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

pathetic little tramp posted:

As a small side issue, the Mongolian constitution decrees that the national anthem be changed every one hundred years, a change they are due for in 2018. While the other two candidates have proposed a simple song competition, Sainkhuu has come out in favor of changing the national anthem to a lyricised version of the Chemical Plant Zone theme from Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

why the gently caress did you post an entire article about mongolian politics rather than just this, the most important part

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

He should be strapped down and given the honey and ants treatment

Gagged of course, in case he starts saying more insanely stupid poo poo

Vertical Lime posted:

then listen to democracy now every day

then again they gave jill stein a platform

They actually cover good stories

Shame their interviews are the worst I have ever heard on any platform. I'm pretty sure they just bring on any old wingnut and just say "yeah" and "that's right" a thousand times while they rant no matter who it is or what they're talking about

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Agean90 posted:

In argentina the prepper scenario happend.

The cities became improptu communes as workers seized the factories and business continued as normal while the rural areas became ruled by crime sydicates and the preppers died, every single one lol

Turns out your bunker doesnt do much when people know its there
yeah that's what i meant when i said the hobos would murder the preppers for their mcnuggets

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

AJE is remarkably neutral with anything not involving the middle east

Yup. They're a good news agency if you approach them critically, like you should with literally everything. I know going in they aren't going to talk about the literal slaves in Qatar, and that is shameful and awful, but they're good with other poo poo.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LYB7iLZNWE

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

*shoves literal poo poo into own mouth* haha you liberals are just so sensitive. *dies choking on poo poo*

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Epic High Five posted:

liberals are not the left

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Joementum posted:

So is Arkansas, according to a book excerpt I read.

Most of the south actually, it's sort of the whole thing behind private prisons and their authorization to use inmates for free labor

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

2DCAT posted:

Donald J. Trump is your President.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
important bird news

https://twitter.com/lordbeef/status/877700674980466688

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Nichael posted:

Did anything get through to him? Or seemingly get through to him? I'd count even very basic stuff like your name or profession.

He's 100% didn't want to talk to me and wanted to speak to the agency heads and the agency heads repeatedly had to defer to me because it was a technical matter that they couldn't provide specifics on.

I wasnt asked to pledge my loyalty to him though... So I guess maybe he's making progress? :thunk:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

2DCAT posted:

Donald Trump has brain damage

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

2DCAT posted:

He's 100% didn't want to talk to me and wanted to speak to the agency heads and the agency heads repeatedly had to defer to me because it was a technical matter that they couldn't provide specifics on.

I wasnt asked to pledge my loyalty to him though... So I guess maybe he's making progress? :thunk:
you're not an important dude though and he probably can't actually fire you since you're a subdepartment

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

2DCAT posted:

TRUMP

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
months later, i still can't loving believe trump is president

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

my chemical plant zone romance

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Epic High Five posted:

He should be strapped down and given the honey and ants treatment

Gagged of course, in case he starts saying more insanely stupid poo poo

no it's good that hillary lost and i'm proud to have helped make it happen

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

2DCAT posted:

sorry about losing all those IQ points by talking to him :(

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

SKULL.GIF posted:

Donald Trump has brain damage

no brain will remain unbroken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Tiler Kiwi posted: