Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
She said to "tell him she knows".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

orange juche posted:

He's steve galaxius, the dude who makes all the Hole Squad videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdpVM4hlTGk

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

nigga crab pollock posted:

mandozer yuou know who i am

you should stop posting in D&D

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Viva Miriya posted:

lol they made you post

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Apparently I'm meeting up with Boat and a couple other Illum directors tonight wish me luck will trip report tell my mom Im gay if I don't make it

Can we get another photo of boat to turn into another Photoshop Phriday?

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Viva Miriya posted:

i got this for trolling the gbs trump hysteria thread about pizzagate dude lmao

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Rutibex posted:

What does it cost to become a capsuleer?

from what i have seen said in this thread you have to go through a crazy amount of stuff to become a capsuleer including actually dying and being reborn or something. And you can fail and not come back to life and that is near the end of the process. So you will have gone through all that horrible poo poo for nothing if you can't handle the death part. Which you don't know if you can until you do it.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

i discovered pick in GBS and resolved never to go back

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

iospace posted:

lol they made you post

haha made u post

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

from what i have seen said in this thread you have to go through a crazy amount of stuff to become a capsuleer including actually dying and being reborn or something. And you can fail and not come back to life and that is near the end of the process. So you will have gone through all that horrible poo poo for nothing if you can't handle the death part. Which you don't know if you can until you do it.

jesus take the wheel

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

This thread is taking an odd turn away from retard soapbox derby to space canon discussion, is that an improvement?

It's a good thread.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

the stratios is definitely the best stealth gank boat but do not overestimate its capabilities since its armor bonus p much just a balancing factor so you have less low slots for you to dump damage mods into rather than actually making for any sort of beefy tank and everyone will shoot you immediately the second you decloak because they know you aren't cyno bait

I haven't been paying attention to Eve for 3 months or so, but word is the new T3 rebalance will make them better than the Stratios for cloaky ganking. Also repswarm chat is that they might be better than T2 logi too, basically removing the last reason to fly T2 cruisers in a T3 fleet. Wasn't the point of a rebalance to stop them from simply being better at everything? I don't fly T3s yet so I can only go off what I hear, though.

If it's true, lol because I'm 8 hours away from Logi 5 :owned:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Catberry posted:

It's a good thread.

This thread is never good just different kinds of bad.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

This thread is taking an odd turn away from retard soapbox derby to space canon discussion, is that an improvement?

EVE online has a really cool hard sci-fi story, which is quite rare for an MMO. Though I am surprised that over the 7 years I have been away they didn't make an expansion out of opening the EVE Gate back to the Milky Way. That seems like such an obvious move.

In fact it doesn't seem like they added much at all since I left. I remember them adding Rorquals, Freighters, Jump Freighters, Tech 3 ships, and Stealth Battleships just before I left. But in the 7 years since I came back they haven't added any ships at all. Just a bunch of skins and other "premium" bullshit content.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Rutibex posted:

EVE online has a really cool hard sci-fi story, which is quite rare for an MMO. Though I am surprised that over the 7 years I have been away they didn't make an expansion out of opening the EVE Gate back to the Milky Way. That seems like such an obvious move.

In fact it doesn't seem like they added much at all since I left. I remember them adding Rorquals, Freighters, Jump Freighters, Tech 3 ships, and Stealth Battleships just before I left. But in the 7 years since I came back they haven't added any ships at all. Just a bunch of skins and other "premium" bullshit content.

eve doesn't need more regions of space. If anything they need to get rid of some.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Reverand maynard posted:

eve doesn't need more regions of space. If anything they need to get rid of some.

Make it a one way trip, give people a chance to conquer some territory outside of the entrenched power blocs.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

no you didn't you retard, you got it from a pro trump dude for your incredibly defensive pro trump posts

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Rutibex posted:

Make it a one way trip, give people a chance to conquer some territory outside of the entrenched power blocs.

lol if you think we wouldn't :goon: that poo poo immediately

also this sort of thing is on eve's vague future timeline, the goal is to finish fleshing out the new structures, then start working on stargates to new space

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

introducing new regions to a dying population is just going to make things worse as people spread out more.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Rutibex posted:

That's the "Emergency plan" like World of Warcraft with Legion.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
delete the east, remove sovereignty, astrahauses are reinforceable whenever and after being reinforced are killable. forts get vuln timers and 1 reinforce period, keep;shits get 2

delete jfs from the game, revert rorqual nerfs, increase lp payouts across the board by like 25%

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Let drones mine structures.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

ccp P4 exacvators when

Real Nito
Apr 3, 2010
Resources running out in Regions, if left to fallow the resources would return. Rats, moon goo, rocks, and ice.

The Technitium wars were massive, but once you had the moons you literally had a fountain of isk that never turned off unless someone took it from you. It was fine early on, but once someone gets entrenched and uses their resources intelligently they are hard to knock out.

I haven't invested myself in 0.0 in quite a while, is there a reason to take sov from someone else besides shooting dudes?

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Carth Dookie posted:

Pffhahahahaha. I wonder if that's a EULA violation?

Why are people donating money to some idiot so that he can buy himself a ship in eve online is beyond me. :shrug:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Real Nito posted:

Resources running out in Regions, if left to fallow the resources would return. Rats, moon goo, rocks, and ice.

The Technitium wars were massive, but once you had the moons you literally had a fountain of isk that never turned off unless someone took it from you. It was fine early on, but once someone gets entrenched and uses their resources intelligently they are hard to knock out.

I haven't invested myself in 0.0 in quite a while, is there a reason to take sov from someone else besides shooting dudes?
no

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Real Nito posted:

i don't understand this meme at all, what is it even supposed to accomplish other than reducing the number of individual organizations that can own sov

Real Nito
Apr 3, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i don't understand this meme at all, what is it even supposed to accomplish other than reducing the number of individual organizations that can own sov

A layman understanding of scarcity of resources causing conflict mostly.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Let's make space worth less while making it a bigger pain in the dick to hold more space.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Real Nito posted:

A layman understanding of scarcity of resources causing conflict mostly.

yeah, wouldn't happen

here's how that'd work in reality: we denude a single region, then move to the next

no one wants the region we left behind because it's barren, thus, it doesn't get conquered

by the time it's ready to exploit again, we're already moved back

all this does is make the vast majority of nullsec unusable except if you happen to be in a group strong enough to hold a minimum number of total regions necessary to keep fresh farmland

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Trying to create conflict by making ratting/mining more tedium is dumb. I get what you're trying to accomplish (drive conflict) but we're not going to just invade TEST because we mined up all our ore. There are already enough non nullsec ways to make money that trying to make nullsec even dumber would just result in people easily gaming the system or people quitting after the third time their alliance moved in as many months.

Real Nito
Apr 3, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

yeah, wouldn't happen

here's how that'd work in reality: we denude a single region, then move to the next

no one wants the region we left behind because it's barren, thus, it doesn't get conquered

by the time it's ready to exploit again, we're already moved back

all this does is make the vast majority of nullsec unusable except if you happen to be in a group strong enough to hold a minimum number of total regions necessary to keep fresh farmland

You're not wrong. The rate at which territories recovered from barren would either be devastating to locals or too quick to mean anything meaningful. Even it was at a "perfect" rate it would still cause the situation you see.

I initially liked the idea of unused territory growing "wild" with more dangerous rats, but then that's just incursions made less random. Maybe unused space holding more resources until it's consumed down to the regular level? I'm just spitballing and killing time at work.

e; Yeah, letting unused space store up resources wouldn't do anything to encourage conflict.

Real Nito fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jun 23, 2017

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

delete the east, remove sovereignty, astrahauses are reinforceable whenever and after being reinforced are killable. forts get vuln timers and 1 reinforce period, keep;shits get 2

delete jfs from the game, revert rorqual nerfs, increase lp payouts across the board by like 25%

I can't imagine anyone getting excited over having to do logistics convoys to highsec again. Would making it impossible for JFs to jump out of highsec make you feel any better?

Increase LP payouts including incursions?

I've been trolled

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

how to fix eve: citadels only have two timers if they are in a system with their own sov. Citadels in systems without sov or in sov of a different alliance only get one timer. Limit the max number of astrahaus/fortizar/keepstars (and the industry equivs) that can be in a single system. Getting a beach head by dropping 100+ astrahaus is very possible and not that expensive all things considered while also complete bullshit.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Let player corporations fight CONCORD and the NPC empires for territory :black101:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Honestly, one of the interesting things to do for FW would allow the local pirate faction take it over.

How? If FW members get killed by non-FW people in a plex.

Of course, trusting :ccp: to implement that properly is the joke.

Mortlock
May 16, 2014

Rutibex posted:

They have actually added quite a few.

* Logistics Frigates
* Commad Destroyers
* T3 Destroyers
* Logi Caps
* Faction Caps

They also changed a poo poo tin of items.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Reverand maynard posted:

Agreed. Delete everywhere in red.

Remove the whole loving middle of Catch.

gently caress the West Side of Immensea (Save B-R)

Tenerifis can lose a few poo poo pockets

gently caress that whole entrance pipe of Impass

Then... HOLY gently caress QUERIOUS (Or just delete it)

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

how to fix eve: build lots of keepstars

just build lots of fukken keepstars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

how to fix eve: remove its gonads

• Locked thread