Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

No Safe Word posted:

Grimmmz also legitimately won a game using only a pistol and crossbow last night as well. He can click fast enough that it's practically like a micro uzi anyway.

Also, Grimmmz himself confirmed the "900+ meter shot" was actually only 827 by the game's measurements but he had to set the zeroing on the scope to 900m to hit it. Kind of makes me wonder if that distance stat in game considers height differential since he was up on top of the giant hill shooting at someone at sea level.

Link to said game.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/153805790

He legit shoots faster with a 9mm pistol than I do with a Scar-L.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Duckaerobics posted:

He says he was very against early access and calls it a "poison pill", but was convinced to try it for testing reasons.He also says they plan to have the full release out this fall.

all EA devs are like "EA is dumb, but our game is totes different and will be out 'fo realz' in a couple months, no worries."

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Hamelekim posted:

Link to said game.

Watching him learn to use the crossbow mid stream is pretty funny. Shame he didn't make a private custom server to practice on.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Another second place game. Made probably the biggest mistake of my PUBG career: dropped my fully kitted out m416 when picking up an m24 at a crate while being shot at... so I ran around with an sks and an m24 with a 4x, which got me to #2. Got killed by someone with a suppressed UMP, big surprise.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Doorknob Slobber posted:

all EA devs are like "EA is dumb, but our game is totes different and will be out 'fo realz' in a couple months, no worries."

Yeah I'm not saying this game will be the good kind of early access, but it also doesn't really matter to me right now what they call it. The game is fun and runs decent on my fairly old pc.

At the same time I don't see a lot to keep it from release. The game loop is functional and complete. Other than optimization, and extra maps and guns is there really that much to do?

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

Im a complete noob but just managed to pummel a guy with an AKM to death XD

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Here is said video about de-rendering players past 1KM. I guess I actually did it with a 4x scope, not an 8.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/153918051

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer

Hamelekim posted:

Link to said game.

Yeah but could he do it barefoot in the snow?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

God drat Dam God posted:

Yeah but could he do it barefoot in the snow?

On a wednesday night in stoke?

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
To the guy that killed me when I had two AR suppressors on me but no AR for the life of me, I hope you won the chicken dinner, you piece of poo poo.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I may need glasses. I had to watch the grimmz 900k video 3 times and had to stop it every few frames before I saw anyone.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Dropped Novo and kill the only other person there just to see the circle go centered on Georgopol, ended up taking a boat all the way there using a ton of meds on the way.

It led to this shot and an eventual win so the super boring early game was worth it!

https://clips.twitch.tv/TastyWanderingLlamaWow

Ended up being 747m easily my longest kill so far.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

cosmicjim posted:

I may need glasses. I had to watch the grimmz 900k video 3 times and had to stop it every few frames before I saw anyone.

Everyone on twitch streams at 720P but most of the professionals play at atleast 1440P. You can't see what he see.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The super compressed video codec didn't help either.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

CascadeBeta posted:

Go hunt people down.

Yeah, but then you die faster. I wish the most entertaining part of the game was a better strategy

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Duckaerobics posted:

Yeah I'm not saying this game will be the good kind of early access, but it also doesn't really matter to me right now what they call it. The game is fun and runs decent on my fairly old pc.

At the same time I don't see a lot to keep it from release. The game loop is functional and complete. Other than optimization, and extra maps and guns is there really that much to do?

I agree, at this point what will fundamentally change on "release"? The game is already super fun and well worth the price of admission. Its a far cry from a lot of the early access garbage that comes out these days.

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy
Grimmz is using a macro to shoot that fast

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I feel like I need to turn down sound effects or something because whenever someone gets the drop on me and starts firing I freak the gently caress out and end up hitting Z or something dumb and dying when I could just run for cover.

Alternatively I could just stop being such a scaredy cat but that seems unlikely.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Scarecow posted:

It's not humanly impossible to do, folks. Sometimes you can actually hear the mouse clicks so ... yeah no he most likely isn't.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Good lord just change the thread title to Mr. Grimmz Battlegrounds.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Scarecow posted:

I don't know.

On one of his streams people were saying he couldn't click that fast and he went to a clicker site and did the test. He was clicking really fast. like 10 clicks per second fast. And you could hear his mouse clicking.

Maybe he just has good finger clicking genetics?

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Someone on Reddit said it was an audio/visual bug with one of the guns.

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.
The physics around the motorbike make me really irrationally angry. You have to land on the front wheel (completely counterintuitively to how a real bike handles) to avoid being ejected to your death, and if your rear wheel even so much as thinks about touching the ground first, your entire rig is gonna front flip into oblivion at 150 kph and you will die instantly.

Two games now I've been in a good position and a tiny invisible bump on a landing made the rear tire .0001 percent closer to the ground than usual, and I immediately flip and faceplant into the ground.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Scarecow posted:

No he isn't. This has been brought up a bunch of times, and he's shown that he can click that fast each time.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Grimmz himself is a macro auto generated by machine learning. Optimized to generate bad posts in this thread

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

PantsBandit posted:

I feel like I need to turn down sound effects or something because whenever someone gets the drop on me and starts firing I freak the gently caress out and end up hitting Z or something dumb and dying when I could just run for cover.

Alternatively I could just stop being such a scaredy cat but that seems unlikely.

Just give it time. Dropping into places where you're definitely going to have to fight people is the best way to get over it.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Hamelekim posted:

I don't know.

On one of his streams people were saying he couldn't click that fast and he went to a clicker site and did the test. He was clicking really fast. like 10 clicks per second fast. And you could hear his mouse clicking.

Maybe he just has good finger clicking genetics?

Clicking super fast is real easy, test yourself! https://cookie.riimu.net/speed/

I got to 10 clicks/second without any messing around, it's honestly real easy.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

abigserve posted:

Clicking super fast is real easy, test yourself! https://cookie.riimu.net/speed/

I got to 10 clicks/second without any messing around, it's honestly real easy.

My max is 7, and average is 5.8.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea, without changing my mouse position I can easily sustain 8-9 and if I shift slightly I can do 10-11.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

It's a lot easier with a good mouse. Without doing anything I don't normally do I'm just north of 8 clicks a second while maintaining good mouse movement. Ten is not infeasible, especially if you have a better mouse than I do.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

aniviron posted:

It's a lot easier with a good mouse. Without doing anything I don't normally do I'm just north of 8 clicks a second while maintaining good mouse movement. Ten is not infeasible, especially if you have a better mouse than I do.

Who's giving all these streamers good mouses (mice?), it's unfair!

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Bind fire to scroll wheel.

Can you?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I forgot Twitch has horrible compression and can't do 4k. This is my 1KM hit and the guy de-renders after backing up, should be in 4k now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQePswiWwIo

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

LGD posted:

The AKM differs from the other rifles but works fine at most ranges- if you can handle the recoil it does a boatload of damage at close range, and if you can deal with the slower bullet speed it works quite well as a marksman rifle in the absence of a sniper rifle, and if you can't deal with either it's probably inferior to any of the 5.56 guns.

I don't know much about rifle tiers but I feel like 80% of the time I die it's from an AKM

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

VulgarandStupid posted:

I forgot Twitch has horrible compression and can't do 4k. This is my 1KM hit and the guy de-renders after backing up, should be in 4k now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQePswiWwIo

Is it even possible to hit someone who's de-rendered from distance? If all the hit calculation is client-side...

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Just because someone doesn't render on your screen doesn't necessarily mean they aren't present on your client. The game may still keep track of them even though it tells the graphical system not to display.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Jabor posted:

Is it even possible to hit someone who's de-rendered from distance? If all the hit calculation is client-side...

Sokani posted:

Just because someone doesn't render on your screen doesn't necessarily mean they aren't present on your client. The game may still keep track of them even though it tells the graphical system not to display.

If only we had a custom server!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Just had another duo win. Won't go into excruciating detail but I continue to find the ump a real good weapon.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The UMP is wonderful, and I'd always take it over the Vector and will usually carry one until I find a KAR98 or better. The fact that the SMG suppressor is somewhat common is a huge boost to it, turning it into a fake VSS with a 4x scope is better than having a real VSS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

sum posted:

Yeah, but then you die faster. I wish the most entertaining part of the game was a better strategy

This is a good thing though because running around for 25 mins and then dying in your first engagement is incredibly frustrating.

• Locked thread