Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I just bought Alienation to play co-op with my wife. How are the online randoms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

re6 is a very uneven game which has plenty of bad sections but i am 99% convinced people think the game is complete trash because leon chapter one is so bad and people are like "oh leons section is REAL RESIDENT EVIL this must be the best the game has to offer and its just so bad"

if everyone was forced to play jake and sherry chapter one first i think people might be more up to speed on what the game expects edit: of course jake and sherry what chapter two?? has those awful snowmobile sections. but at least their chapter one sections are fun and starting with jake gives you a better idea of how brawly the combat mechanics are. plus his unarmed "weapon" set is just some of the best the game has to offer

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Rad Valtar posted:

I just bought Alienation to play co-op with my wife. How are the online randoms?
They're fine, but voice chat adds so much more to the experience, and no one uses mics. Especially with Hardcore.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

OH

MY

GOD

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8IguhQqhAg

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Impressive, but the game is years out at this point and the design goals are still completely insane. I mean, the story he spins in this video (your pizza deliver mission takes you to a spaceship, which you can fully explore, and discover there are slaves on board, which you can photograph and report to the authorities) wouldn't sound out of place in Peter Molyneux's mouth.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I dunno, the original game transitioned between micro and macro really well.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

I'm still just flabbergasted that after waiting 15 years for a resolution to the cliffhanger from the first game, Beyond Good and Evil 2 ends up being a prequel.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's never coming out

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I dunno, the original game transitioned between micro and macro really well.

Yeah, that part they clearly have down pat as the video shows, but that's a technical challenge and not a design challenge. Making a huge explorable space is one thing, giving it a consistent density of stuff to do is another. I have faith that they're actually working on the game and they have some idea what they're doing, which puts me above a lot of people. But I won't be surprised if its final shipped form doesn't include a lot of things they're promising today, or includes them in a much less ambitious form than people tend to imagine. Like, how many fully explorable carrier-sized spaceships with interiors and side quests can they really make? Or how well can they program a radiant-style random generator to do it, if that's what it takes to populate the entire solar system with cities in which many such things can be found?

I'm also not sure what the practical gameplay benefits of being able to blow up a thousand square kilometers with a meteor are, at least for a game with a human-scale exploration component (not that it doesn't look cool).

haveblue fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jun 23, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Crappy Jack posted:

I'm still just flabbergasted that after waiting 15 years for a resolution to the cliffhanger from the first game, Beyond Good and Evil 2 ends up being a prequel.

Oh, is that why you're playing as a create-a-character?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Got dang. Enjoying Hitman but these load times are crazy. It takes longer to pull up the saves then other games take to load!

In a game all about trying new things it sure is a bad thing to have poo poo load times.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Huh, the way they talked about it sounded like they didn't have anything other than the trailer yet but there's stuff actually playable?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Crappy Jack posted:

The first game sold incredibly poorly and it's been 14 years since it came out, it's not really a surprise they want to start from a clean slate.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

To be honest I never really cared all that much about the resolution to that game's story. It's not like Shenmue where they strung me along for two long games and I felt so invested, rather I really liked the world that BG&E presented and wanted more of that kind of thing. I like the weird setting and its style and if BG&E2 brings more content like that then I'm totally fine with it being a prequel.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Gol dang, Nex Machina is real good!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fix posted:

Gol dang, Nex Machina is real good!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
No sign of it ever being released in Japan...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Does japan have resogun?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

Does japan have resogun?
Yeah, why?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Same team. Hold tight

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

finally, the futurama game I always wanted

for real tho this looks cool as hell and I hope most of this stuff actually makes it into the game instead of being nms2

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
So is BG&E2 not a Nintendo exclusive? I remember hearing something like that a year or so ago

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rinkles posted:

So is BG&E2 not a Nintendo exclusive? I remember hearing something like that a year or so ago

Lkd had that rumor saying it was timed for switch, but seeing the footage its probably not targeted to run on it at all so it cant be the lead platform . Also they totally would have announced it if it was

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I played through RE 4-6 (on PC) this year. 4 still holds up as one of the best games ever. 5 is probably fun co-op but it kind of sucks single player. 6 was actually super fun even just as a single player game, and improved on 5 by removing the need to manage your partner's inventory. It's totally ridiculous but I enjoyed it a lot

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Rinkles posted:

Wasn't that the same leaker who said Link in Breath of the Wild was going to be a girl and caused the Wii U thread to go horny and eventually dead?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Policenaut posted:

To be honest I never really cared all that much about the resolution to that game's story. It's not like Shenmue where they strung me along for two long games and I felt so invested, rather I really liked the world that BG&E presented and wanted more of that kind of thing. I like the weird setting and its style and if BG&E2 brings more content like that then I'm totally fine with it being a prequel.

I wonder if they're shying away from doing a sequel right now to avoid the hype from fans. Avoid a DNF scenario where the game can't possibly liver up to the expectations caused by its development hell.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah, when I got re5 on ps4 I found out that inventory management is different and garbage from how it was on 360. On xboxes, player2 can actually manage their own inventory and have their own profile and everything. Sony can't handle that concept so it's way worse.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That video is really cool (if not concerning in the same way early NMS stuff was), but as someone who never played BG&E , what's the hook? What did people like about it so much?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

None of what that man said in that BG&E2 video exists anywhere but his mind and that whole video is Molyneux as gently caress. I mean, I liked the trailer and can imagine a game based on it coming out 3 years from now and it isn't some No Man's Sky Star Citizen scale game like he's talking about.

Be excited for a cool world coming back, sure! But please don't believe anything said in that video.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

That video is really cool (if not concerning in the same way early NMS stuff was), but as someone who never played BG&E , what's the hook? What did people like about it so much?

It's Zelda in space with amazing music and PHOTOGRAPHY!!!

also just charming as hell

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I don't hate Nex Machina but it sure as gently caress hates me.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Is that Friday the 13th game worth jumping in at $40 or would it better to wait for a sale on it ?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Man. I probably should have left dying light as a fond memory because it's really not as good as I remember it being.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Finished route A of Nier; really enjoyed that and can't wait to find out what's ahead if people say it doesn't even really get going until C.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

mutata posted:

None of what that man said in that BG&E2 video exists anywhere but his mind and that whole video is Molyneux as gently caress. I mean, I liked the trailer and can imagine a game based on it coming out 3 years from now and it isn't some No Man's Sky Star Citizen scale game like he's talking about.

Be excited for a cool world coming back, sure! But please don't believe anything said in that video.

I think that demo is better enjoyed muted. I watched it at work without any sound so all I got out out of it was a neat looking gorilla jetpacking and ambling about a giant Buddha with a game world that included some kind of nearby tangible Saturn. Pretty decent as tech demos go.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

fit em all up in there posted:

Is that Friday the 13th game worth jumping in at $40 or would it better to wait for a sale on it ?

If you like that style of game, have a headset, and can put up with a little jank. It's awesome to play it with a group full of random people on headsets so you get all kinds working together, or Jasons who love to get into the role.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Is anyone else getting an error when the system software update tries to install? Version 4.71 won't install.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Snak posted:

Is anyone else getting an error when the system software update tries to install? Version 4.71 won't install.

How much free HDD space do you have? I've never run into the issue, but anytime a friend has an issue with an update or patch it's almost always because they need to clear some HDD space.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
What did this update even do? I wish Sony's patch notes were more detailed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Jose Oquendo posted:

How much free HDD space do you have? I've never run into the issue, but anytime a friend has an issue with an update or patch it's almost always because they need to clear some HDD space.

60gb. It's possible that that's it, but I'm getting sick of that bullshit. I once had 40gb free, and I had to clear THIRTY MORE to be able to download a 50mb patch.