Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Turtlicious posted:

Like no lie, the last time I bought weed, the weed man noticed I had a cold, and was able to hook me up with antibiotics and some below market price asthma medication. (I have asthma but can't afford inhalers.)

Why would you take antibiotics for a cold?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Trabisnikof posted:

They already have. The clean power plan rules are dead. The green completion rules are dead. The new streambed rules are dead.

Do you not understand the meaning of "all"?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Hey remember when Donnie signed that powerless piece of paper that said for every one new regulation "they" had to removed two old ones.

Lol?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Waiting for the usual posters to come in and state that Hillary should not have a voice or to delete her account.

Also, glad that tick tick story hasn't dropped. The WaPo story is enough to carry us through the weekend. Monday bombshells consume the week and get Trump real mad

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

---unrelated---

Lightning Lord posted:

because I can't afford to see a doctor, and don't know if it's a cold, the flu or pneumonia.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Hellblazer187 posted:

Do you not understand the meaning of "all"?

Where did anyone say Republicans had repealed "all" regulations?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

I just picture this in my head:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Also Obama rules as far back as 2009 can be threatened if someone sues the government over it and Trump acquiesces. Expect to see that happen to the 2012 mercury rules even though they've already gone into effect.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Turtlicious posted:

because I can't afford to see a doctor, and don't know if it's a cold, the flu or pneumonia.

That's not antibiotics work, bro. :(

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Believe it or not drug dealers are not effective doctors

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Lightning Lord posted:

That's the reason why you can't buy antibiotics over the counter - idiots would take them for a cold and increase antibiotic resistance.

Unfortunately when it costs $300 to see a doctor, that's a bit harsh for a gatekeeper function.

But that's a very enterprising drug dealer. I can well imagine it'll be his main business in a few years. Diabetics with no insurance are a more reliable customer than any junkie.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
I can't afford to visit a CVS minute clinic to see if I'm actually sick at all, so instead I'm going to buy a ton of anitbiotics that may or may not treat a disease that I may or may not have

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

---unrelated---

The cold and the flu are both viruses, which antibiotics are irrelevant to. Misuse of antibiotics is why antibiotic-resistant bacteria are evolving. They aren't general-purpose "make sickness go away" pills.

I mean, random people taking antibiotics for a cold aren't having as big an impact as the more large-scale things, like food industries or entire countries misusing the stuff, but still.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jun 23, 2017

Bueno Papi
May 10, 2009

KickerOfMice posted:

Yeah, 6 months is exactly the perfect amount to time to hahahahah what the gently caress? Why? I really want to be a fly on the wall in this meeting. :v: Why?

This is so arbitrarily stupid and REALLY SPECIFIC I can't stop giggling at it.

Dragging their feet long enough to get it killed.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

After the 3ds case debacle I wouldn't be surprised to learn Turtlicious is the typhoid Mary who kills civilization with a super bug

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Hellblazer187 posted:

What was the cutesy bullshit thing she did that made every liberal groan? I mean I know there were a ton but there was one in particular. I think it was a play on "trickle down" but I don't remember.

That was it.

"Trumped up trickle down," which I'm sure was great at small stump speeches and rallies but at the debate it was a true lead balloon.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Tatsuta Age posted:

After the 3ds case debacle I wouldn't be surprised to learn Turtlicious is the typhoid Mary who kills civilization with a super bug

That dumbshit is more likely to murder the species than nuclear war and climate change together.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Trabisnikof posted:

Where did anyone say Republicans had repealed "all" regulations?

This guy said this:

the black husserl posted:

Idk where the "Trump hasn't done anything" narrative comes from. He's caused a lot of damage and more or less erased 8 years of Obama in no time.

And that's what I was responding to.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Will antibiotics cure me of my compulsive need to read this thread

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Turtlicious posted:

---unrelated---

Go to a Wallgreens or CVS minute clinic. You can get an appointment for $50 and you'll know whether you need antibiotics or not.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Petr posted:

Only death can help you there my friend.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'm super far behind today and just reading the WaPo story, but :lol:, this whole poo poo would make for a completely unbelievable novel

quote:

The statement was issued around 3:30 p.m., timed for maximum media coverage. Instead, it was quickly drowned out. At 4 p.m., The Post published a story about crude comments Trump had made about women that were captured on an “Access Hollywood” tape. Half an hour later, WikiLeaks published its first batch of emails stolen from Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta.

:suicide:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Turtlicious posted:

Like no lie, the last time I bought weed, the weed man noticed I had a cold, and was able to hook me up with antibiotics and some below market price asthma medication. (I have asthma but can't afford inhalers.)

This is a cool and good thing to happen in the richest country in the history of time.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
On the discussion of driverless trucking, we are already using slave labor there.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Jaxyon posted:

On the discussion of driverless trucking, we are already using slave labor there.

https://www.usatoday.com/pages/interactives/news/rigged-forced-into-debt-worked-past-exhaustion-left-with-nothing/

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon
Jun 22, 2017

by Smythe

Jaxyon posted:

Don't take one company or a string of cases to say the entire trucking industry runs exactly like that. They don't.

They're really been hurting for workers too...imagine when that option is gone.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

pokie posted:

I got my US citizenship around 2010 and still have my Russian one, so I am curious about when people would have to relinquish theirs.

:ohdear:

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Skeleton-frat-party.jpg

Skex
Feb 22, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I'll take it.

I for one am looking forward to an unshackled Hillary. She isn't being handled anymore, she's not trying to triangulate or pander to BlueDogs and be all polite and bi-partisan. She's never going to be president now so she is free to let loose.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Sign me up!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

B- overall, but A for effort, Hilldawg.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

I tried to get rid of my Russian citizenship actually. It's very hard. I left Russia when I was 14, an age at which I could technically have a job (I did not) and thus owe taxes to Russian gov't. They wanted proof that I did not owe them before they would let me off. This would require traveling back there and bribing some officials to make up non-existent documents of me not owing them taxes. And going to Russia risks getting drafted into the army right at the airport.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Perhaps you shouldn't have stolen money from downticket races then you piece of poo poo.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Turtlicious posted:

Let me put it this way, if you're canadian and can get me anti biotics for 20 bux, I'll loving paypal it to you.

You can't add "loving" to a normal payment method! It's "I'll loving love you forever" or "I'll loving dart 10 chickens to your hoop" not "I'll loving exchange currency for goods and services!" that's just what you do!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Petr posted:

If they're good enough yeah they'll kill off all your gut bacteria.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

JasonV posted:

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/878364461656023040
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/878362942693142528
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/878362787784699904

Back when I figured Trump was never going to win, I still thought this whole Trump thing was going to split the Republicans. I wonder if the not-crazy republicans are finally going revolt against Trump..... End of the 2-party system, at least for awhile?

In my fantasy world all republicans simultaneously tell trump to gently caress off, forcing this stupid PAC to spend a billion dollars running ads against all of them

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

JasonV posted:

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/878364461656023040
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/878362942693142528
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/878362787784699904

Back when I figured Trump was never going to win, I still thought this whole Trump thing was going to split the Republicans. I wonder if the not-crazy republicans are finally going revolt against Trump..... End of the 2-party system, at least for awhile?

They will vote lockstep even more now because they are cowards.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
In more fun news.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/06/23/opinion/trumps-lies.html?_r=0

quote:

Many Americans have become accustomed to President Trump’s lies. But as regular as they have become, the country should not allow itself to become numb to them. So we have catalogued nearly every outright lie he has told publicly since taking the oath of office.

Pick your favorite!

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Mustached Demon posted:

If they're good enough yeah they'll kill off all your gut bacteria.

Hell it worked for the guy that came up with Solient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

that starting block could be formatted better, but otherwise good

• Locked thread