Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

What contender needs/can afford them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
What are the chances the Bulls are extra "careful" with Lavine to tank his FA value (doesn't he become an RFA next summer?)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

fast cars loose anus posted:

So did Paul according to ESPN

I hope this ends with both of them leaving and more emoji tweets.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Whooping Crabs posted:

The Boston Celtics.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Whooping Crabs posted:

A lot of teams, all depends on how much they're willing to dump assets to make room for salary.

Griffin and CP3 opting out was expected for years now. I think CP3 is more of a lock to stay, too much money he's leaving.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Note: This was probably going to happen in any situation because even if they stay on the Clippers they both get pay raises vs opting in.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I'm referring to Lewis/Turkoglu, both 6'10" .400 three point shooters and basically the models of the modern PF. They didn't list them that way but neither played anything like a wing, though Hedo handled the ball a lot. For Orlando he played like a (much worse) PF Lebron or something like what Philly is hoping for from Simmons. IIRC Hedo/Howard was the top pnr duo in 2009

straight up brolic posted:

I just mean Allen is VERY lovely right now but super athletic and long and runs the court well and he is a good dude. He actually has much more offensive upside than DJ, which is why he was late first instead of second.

I think he'll figure it out

He's definitely real bad right now, but he looks like an NBA player and doesn't sound like a moron so that's promising. But he's awful atm.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I don't know who this is nor do I care cause it's speculation season baby!
https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/878369834718777345

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Cool Buff Man posted:

What are the chances the Bulls are extra "careful" with Lavine to tank his FA value (doesn't he become an RFA next summer?)

High. Remember they threatened Butler that they would lower his minutes and play Snell more if he didn't take their lowball offer. It was one of the reasons Thibs and the front office had issues because Thibs wouldn't go along with that plan.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
For the Clippers it only makes sense to either resign both Paul and Griffin and keep this train rolling, or to let both of them walk and probably trade DJ to blow it all up and rebuild ASAP. What would be quite terrible for them is CP3 resigning early in FA, only for Blake to leave for Boston/somewhere else. They'd be stuck in that 7/6/5 seed no-man's land with CP3 on a mega max weighing them down for years.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/878363157227548672

lol at white chocolate with the undershirt

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
That's Kwame Brown on the left and Rashard Lewis on the right... but who are those other 3-headed basketmen?

edit: besides White Chocoshirt of course

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Bulls should hire that Austin Newsom guy

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Holy poo poo https://twitter.com/BaxterHolmes/status/878375870255079424

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

tanglewood1420 posted:

Fultz's best case scenario next season is to be dead level BPM player I think. His offence could be above average but he will need to adjust to the NBA 3-pt line and his defence is going to absolutely suck in his rookie season. He has potential to be a good defender eventually, but displayed a lot of bad habits in college that will take a while to iron out even if he does commit and put the effort it.

Simmons I have no idea, he's such a unique player. I could see his passing, transition game and rebounding translate immediately and I think he's more likely to be merely below average defensively as opposed to my flat out terrible expectation for Fultz. However, if his jump shot hasn't improved whilst sitting out (as it magically did somehow with Embiid) and he can't get to the rim (though I think he will be able to decently, especially in switches) then he will suck badly as a rookie.

Simmons had a year to adjust to the NBA which should help him

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Demar DeRoazan idolizes Kobe so much that he became identical to late career Kobe, scoring a lot of points while being a net negative. Toronto needs to trade him to the Pacers for Paul George, before everyone figures it out

DeimosRising posted:

I'm referring to Lewis/Turkoglu, both 6'10" .400 three point shooters and basically the models of the modern PF. They didn't list them that way but neither played anything like a wing, though Hedo handled the ball a lot. For Orlando he played like a (much worse) PF Lebron or something like what Philly is hoping for from Simmons. IIRC Hedo/Howard was the top pnr duo in 2009

He's definitely real bad right now, but he looks like an NBA player and doesn't sound like a moron so that's promising. But he's awful atm.

Ah, the post Dwight years, that's a blank spot in my memory

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

tanglewood1420 posted:

For the Clippers it only makes sense to either resign both Paul and Griffin and keep this train rolling, or to let both of them walk and probably trade DJ to blow it all up and rebuild ASAP. What would be quite terrible for them is CP3 resigning early in FA, only for Blake to leave for Boston/somewhere else. They'd be stuck in that 7/6/5 seed no-man's land with CP3 on a mega max weighing them down for years.

In the second scenario they'd have a Hall of Famer on a long deal to trade, though

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Dejan Bimble posted:

Demar DeRoazan idolizes Kobe so much that he became identical to late career Kobe, scoring a lot of points while being a net negative. Toronto needs to trade him to the Pacers for Paul George, before everyone figures it out

Demar houses the Raptors' spirit and he must stay on the team at all costs.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Tae posted:

A lot of teams, all depends on how much they're willing to dump assets to make room for salary.

Griffin and CP3 opting out was expected for years now. I think CP3 is more of a lock to stay, too much money he's leaving.

I hope they both go to Minnesota

Paul/Wiggins/Butler/Griffin/Towns

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don't disagree with him but you shouldn't bury players in public :shrug:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

oh gently caress

https://twitter.com/RealLamarOdom/status/878380173975887873

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Dejan Bimble posted:

Turkeyglue and Lewis were on the Dwight era Magic, they were key pieces in that team that went to the finals, which also featured the likes of Mickael "The Cross-Eyed Lebron Stopper" Pietrus and a 109 year old Anthony Johnson

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

That's Kwame Brown on the left and Rashard Lewis on the right... but who are those other 3-headed basketmen?

edit: besides White Chocoshirt of course

Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf and something called an "Eddie Basden"

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Morey signed a crapload of these guys today. Summer League players and by signing them to an NBA contract, Vipers get their D-League rights if they don't end up playing for anyone else.

Full list: Ray McCallum Jr., Cameron Oliver, LJ Peak, George de Paula, Erik McCree.

Per Feigen, they're planning on signing Zhou Qi this summer, and leaving Hartenstein overseas for a year.

Rockets didn't work out Hartenstein at all, but according to Feigen and an older Morey interview it seems like they don't really care much about predraft workouts. They didn't work out Dekker or Montrezl either. They did scout him in Lithuania though.

IMO, rather than having a statue of him in front of the hallowed Quicken Loans Arena, they should engrave a giant stele that says LEBRON BROUGHT THIS TEAM TO THE 2007 NBA FINALS followed by the entire roster of the 2007 Cleveland Cavaliers.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Whooping Crabs posted:

The Celtics are the only playoff team that's a small move away from max space. Houston and San Antonio are overtly gearing up to clear max space. Hawks Pacers and Bulls could all clear max space with a little maneuvering, but they seem headed the opposite direction of pitching max FAs at the moment. Jazz could clear max cap space with a few moves if poo poo goes totally sideways with Hayward and Hill. Every other playoff team is capped out or close to it and would need to work a byzantine sign and trade or make a series of severe moves.

Heat are outside the playoffs but lurking with space. Timberwolves could get there if they move Aldrich and Bjelica.

Bush Did Outer Heaven fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jun 23, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Good god, SB Nation is more trash than I thought. "I think the Bulls won that trade. What does adding Jimmy Butler to the Timberwolves do? It doesn't really make them better."

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

I want a lawyer who makes grammatical mistakes in official letters too

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Looking back on it, the 08-09 Magic were a really fun team. Jameer Nelson was steering the ship. Marcin Gortat, J.J. Redick, and Courtney Lee, all 23 years old. And Tyronn Lue played 129 minutes for 'em!

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Spacebump posted:

The Boston Celtics.

Ugh

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

chunkles posted:

IMO, rather than having a statue of him in front of the hallowed Quicken Loans Arena, they should engrave a giant stele that says LEBRON BROUGHT THIS TEAM TO THE 2007 NBA FINALS followed by the entire roster of the 2007 Cleveland Cavaliers.

*squints at plaque* Boobie...Gibson?

Also , and solemnly respecting the fact that drug abuse is a disease and should be destigmatized in our culture, that clip was the funniest poo poo I ever saw Stephen A. say

zoux fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jun 23, 2017

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So apparently Jordan Clarkson has removed all Lakers references from his social media, so he might be traded or he might just be redecorating

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

blake griffin to houston makes more sense than i'm comfortable with and i'm not sure if i should like or hate the idea really

all it would really take to clear the cap space is finding someone who wants a Ryan Anderson sized contract which i guess isn't easy but i don't think it is impossible.

G-Hawk fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jun 23, 2017

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

euphronius posted:

Simmons had a year to adjust to the NBA which should help him

adjusting to the NBA usually involves playing in NBA games

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/Mitch_Lawrence/status/878361026030321664

I don't want the friendship ball of Lowry/Derozan to break up, but Lowry in Minnesota would be real fun to watch

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

Turkeyglue and Lewis were on the Dwight era Magic, they were key pieces in that team that went to the finals, which also featured the likes of Mickael "The Cross-Eyed Lebron Stopper" Pietrus and a 109 year old Anthony Johnson
This is a big circle. I thought he meant 2 pfs and no center whatsoever

I have no memory of Anthony Johnson but I do remember Mickeal frustrating Lebron by "being the same physical size," his ultimate weakness. The Dwight-less 12-13 Magic are much more familiar, with Vucevic, Tobias Harris, and the future stars Andrew Nicholson and Doron Lamb.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/Mitch_Lawrence/status/878361026030321664

I don't want the friendship ball of Lowry/Derozan to break up, but Lowry in Minnesota would be real fun to watch

That would be a really, really scary team

Especially since they already match-up really well against the Warriors

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dejan Bimble posted:

This is a big circle. I thought he meant 2 pfs and no center whatsoever

I have no memory of Anthony Johnson but I do remember Mickeal frustrating Lebron by "being the same physical size," his ultimate weakness. The Dwight-less 12-13 Magic are much more familiar, with Vucevic, Tobias Harris, and the future stars Andrew Nicholson and Doron Lamb.

That was arguably the best series LeBron has ever played, I don't think Pietrus bugged him too much

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dejan Bimble posted:

Nah that was the lineup that got them to the finals with Dwight. Starting 5 in 09 was Howard/Lewis/Turkoglu (all 6'10") Courtney Lee (as a rookie, for half the season) and Jameer Nelson until he got hurt. Turkoglu had a down shooting year but Lewis shot .400 from outside and Nelson .450(!) and they very nearly set the regular season 3pt record at the time. they broke it the next year and 2008, 2009, and 2010 Orland were the first, fourth, and fifth all time at the end of the run. Now less than a decade later those seasons only rank 19th, 27th, and 32nd, but in many ways they were as influential on this decade of NBA ball as the Dantoni-Nash Suns and Thibs-Big 3 Celtics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

G-Hawk posted:

blake griffin to houston makes more sense than i'm comfortable with and i'm not sure if i should like or hate the idea really

all it would really take to clear the cap space is finding someone who wants a Ryan Anderson sized contract which i guess isn't easy but i don't think it is impossible.
hmm I dunno, can Blake Griffin chuck ill advised three pointers?

Man I'd be seriously scared of signing Holiday or Hill

• Locked thread