Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

This thread is the prime example why Bernie will never win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The only person who provably lost on their own merits is Hillary Clinton, lol

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Also the entire Republican field but Trump.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

:shittypop:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

thoughts and prayers posted:

http://www.snopes.com/hillary-clinton-uranium-russia-deal/

lol, bet you fell for the Kenyan birth certificate thing too

This is old, and I know you're mad, but are you saying that Hillary Clinton played no part in the uranium deal and never got money from Russian lobbyists before said involvement? Because lol.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
It's sad how Snopes has become unreliable political trash now

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

It's actually awesome imo.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Snopes is a giant lie and the most fakest of news.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

That snopes article is about something I wasn't talking about.

I was talking about this: http://pfds.opensecrets.org/N00000019_2010.pdf

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

"If it makes me feel bad then it's false."

lol Trump avatar united tankie nonsense

your parents failed you miserably

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

My favorite was handwaving away the thing falling out of her pant leg as being someone else's keys when she collapsed Into that van despite being able to see it from multiple angles at 1080p

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

no, they were caught rating near identical statements from bernie/hillary differently in hilldawg's favor. There is some appreciable partisan bias.

For non-politics snopes is just fine but using it for anything naturally political makes you an idiot tbh

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

we don't have parents, we were born to the virgin Donald and nursed to life via his supple bosom

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I was conceived in a tube but something went horribly wrong. I burst forth, naked and crazed, and proceeded to meander my way through a strange and wonderful world.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

The Landstander posted:

From the reply chain (Luke is responding to an angry response to the original tweet):

I suppose it would reflect poorly on the OP's employer if he replied that sarah #9943010's desperation to see herself represented is perhaps lowering her standards

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
literally no woman in history did anything before hillary dennis rodman clinton

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.
Found the book here (got posted there a couple months ago, probably by the Russians)
https://archive.org/details/ShatteredInsideHillaryClintonsDoomedCampaign

Just finished it.

The book takes a complete shift in tone and writing style as soon as you get to the chapter where Russia is the one leaking her emails and it's all their fault she lost. Up till then the book was "Hillary is awful and nobody wants to vote for her. Nobody likes her. Trump could win the election." Then it instantly turns into "Hillary is obviously going to win but Russia's hacking could make the gap less. Oh no, Hillary lost. How is this possible. It wouldn't have happened except for Russia, Comely, and the KKK (the group American citizens she previously called deplorable). These last minute actions by the FBI and Russia turned the KKK against her when they were previously going to vote for her."

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

chemosh6969 posted:

the KKK against her when they were previously going to vote for her."

Historically they've always been Democrat. :smuggo:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Where is Hillary?? <:mad:>

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Toadvine posted:

Where is Hillary?? <:mad:>

She's following her formula. When she got fired from Secretary of State she laid low for a while, then popped up later to run for Pres.

She's doing that now. I imagine she'll be showing up places rarely, offering criticism of trump/republicans until it get's closer to 2020.

http://reason.com/archives/2017/06/19/mueller-probe-sets-the-stage-for-hillary

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

It's a drat shame that Obama didnt rescind his secretary of state offer after the election.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

basic hitler posted:

It's a drat shame that Obama didnt rescind his secretary of state offer after the election.

I'm pretty sure that's a promise he had to keep to prevent the Clinton's from sabotaging his presidency.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Honestly it's gonna be great if she runs in 2020.

College kids are gonna rally against her using the new Snapchat map. The campaign will call them secret BLM/Berniebro hackers. The GOP will tick 4 more years off their thousand years of darkness strategy.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

I'm pretty sure that's a promise he had to keep to prevent the Clinton's from sabotaging his presidency.

how would a then-irrelevant clinton family pull that off. 2008-2012 was basically an absentee secretary of state abusing her cabinet position to rebuild her powerbase

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

basic hitler posted:

how would a then-irrelevant clinton family pull that off. 2008-2012 was basically an absentee secretary of state abusing her cabinet position to rebuild her powerbase

Were the Clintons really THAT irrelevant in 2008?

I'm asking because I wasn't really into politics back then.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
The Clinton name had more power to it back then, but they've been well-connected for a while. They are certainly not on the outside looking in, so to speak.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

spacetoaster posted:

She got beaten by a first-term senator no one oustide of Chicago had heard of before 2004.

Maybe not "irrelevant", but it should have been enough to convince people that very few people actually want her to be president.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

Basically yeah they were. Hillary was balls-deep into her 2nd wet fart term as a NY Senator and had very little to show for it, because Obama stole her loving thunder.

She took the consolation prize and the opportunity it presented as a means to consolidate power and make sure plenty of dems owed her favors by the time 2016 rolled around. By 2016 the only person who wasn't in deep to the Clintons was also the person who very nearly (and rightfully should have) stolen the nomination from her. She wasn't gonna let another fire-spitting minority best her master plan to resurrect Goldwater though.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

basic hitler posted:

Basically yeah they were. Hillary was balls-deep into her 2nd wet fart term as a NY Senator and had very little to show for it, because Obama stole her loving thunder.

She took the consolation prize and the opportunity it presented as a means to consolidate power and make sure plenty of dems owed her favors by the time 2016 rolled around. By 2016 the only person who wasn't in deep to the Clintons was also the person who very nearly (and rightfully should have) stolen the nomination from her. She wasn't gonna let another fire-spitting minority best her master plan to resurrect Goldwater though.

2020 is going to be bonkers.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

2008 Newspapers posted:

Breaking: Black Man Beats White Woman

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

basic hitler posted:

Kinda like what Trump did to Romney loll

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

2008: Black Man Asks for Change

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I was looking up something for the 2008 election cycle on wiki and I was sort of surprised over the shift in nominees who dropped out who endorsed Obama first over Clinton. I'm not sure when the endorsements came, but the number of candidates who dropped out in what seems a relatively close window all throwing in with Obama over Clinton seems almost scandalous to think about nearly 10 years later after the 2016 election cycle.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

JediTalentAgent posted:

I was looking up something for the 2008 election cycle on wiki and I was sort of surprised over the shift in nominees who dropped out who endorsed Obama first over Clinton. I'm not sure when the endorsements came, but the number of candidates who dropped out in what seems a relatively close window all throwing in with Obama over Clinton seems almost scandalous to think about nearly 10 years later after the 2016 election cycle.

https://nypost.com/2014/02/09/clintons-keeping-revenge-list-of-enemy-dems-who-supported-obama/

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Creepy.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

And ultimately worthless. Maybe people would have liked her more if she wasn't the kind of person to keep a comprehensive list of everyone who had wronged in no matter how slight.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

fruit on the bottom posted:

And ultimately worthless. Maybe people would have liked her more if she wasn't the kind of person to keep a comprehensive list of everyone who had wronged in no matter how slight.

Fishmech.txt

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

spacetoaster posted:

She's a Senator Palpatine that reads The Little Engine That Could, every night before bed. She has a permanent place in politics, running schemes and ruining careers and lives of those that don't follow her but can never quite make it to being Emperor, no matter how many times she tries.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

nigga crab pollock posted:

both of them can suck the poo poo out of my rear end in a top hat but how deluded do you have to be to think that Killary Clinton is less likeable than Donald J "two scoops" Trump

Trump is a never ending fountain of hilarity, misplaced bravado, and sheer incompetence to the level people mistake it for malice. He's hanlons razor personified

Hillary is uh... mi abuela?

Even if you don't like Trump you're a fool to posit that he isn't charismatic as gently caress compared Hillary "wet fart" Clinton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

phasmid posted:

Fun fact: a couple generations ago many Mormons moved to Mexico in protest to United States anti-polygamy laws. Also laws against marrying children. I'm sure that's not Mitt's legacy, though. He's a piece of poo poo by his own merit.

People laugh at Trump's spray-tan and rightly so, but Mitt was the guy who used it once only because he had an interview on Univision. He shoulda just talked through a puppet or some poo poo...

e. Not saying it's legal to be a polygamist or a child-fucker in Mexico. I'm pretty sure it isn't. However, it was easier for them to avoid scrutiny in a place where their bad rep didn't follow them.

I am however saying there are too many puppets in Mexico and this must be stopped.

Mitt was so loving bad I voted for Obama in '12

• Locked thread