Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Lacazette has scored 37 this season, mbappe only 26 :chord:

wenger has gaslighted everyone into spending silly money on a fraud

Like 11 of Lacazette's goals were penalties if I remember correctly, so only 26 real goals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

30 of Lacazette's 37 goals were in France, so only 7 real goals

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

PirateBob posted:

Too bad for Mbappe that Arsenal favor Lacazette over him. :negative:

Actually, I think you'll find that we're signing both Mbappe and Lacazette.

Don't really know what to think of Lacazette. I've only seen him play a few times, but I'm not exactly impressed by a dude who scored some goals in Ligue 1. And Giroud starts over him for the French national team. I'm also wondering if he's meant to be an Alexis replacement.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I honestly want him to see him move to the Premier League just so I don't keep seeing stories about him possibly moving to the Premier League every single transfer window.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

PirateBob posted:

Monaco's Fabinho wants to go to Man Utd, but people suspect that Matic and even Dier are above him on Mourinho's wish list.

If we pass on him and sign loving Matic I will be angry :rant:

Why would Matic or Dier step down to play for United?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Giroud, lacazette and lemar as arsenal's new front three put your house on it.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

sassassin posted:

Why would Matic or Dier step down to play for United?

$$$$

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Vegetable posted:

30 of Lacazette's 37 goals were in France, so only 7 real goals

Baftembi Gomis scored 20 goals in Ligue 1 this year.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

blue footed boobie posted:

Baftembi Gomis scored 20 goals in Ligue 1 this year.

Besiktas can't buy the oval office soon enough.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Lukaku never really got a chance to prove his worth at Chelsea either. He has been a great striker for Everton, though. Diego Costa has 52 goals in 89 apps in the league though, hard to argue it was the wrong choice to sell him.

Costa is a much better player than Lukaku and Costa really doesnt get enough credit for his performances last season, especially in the first half of it

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Lukaku was offered the chance to stay and fight at Chelsea but instead cried and ran away to be a big fish in a scouse pond. Chelsea made the right choice because Lukaku didn't really give them one.

And yes, Costa is better.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lukaku scored more goals playing for a much worse team

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Jose posted:

Lukaku scored more goals playing for a much worse team

I'm not sure this is the case in England but there's always one guy in a poo poo team in Italy that is great for whatever provincial side he's playing for and scores a bunch because he's the only one on the team who can.

Rolando Bianchi, Massimo Maccarone, Marco Di Vaio, etc, were all decent enough players but they never replicated their form away from smaller clubs.

Not saying Lukaku couldn't do well at a big club, but an above average player at a below average side always stands out.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Lukaku is better than Costa was when Costa was his age.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

Lukaku is better than Costa was when Costa was his age.

but they arent the same age, and costa is better now, and lets face it, lukaku is a bit of a pussy, he'll bang the goals in against the mickey mouse teams but he'll crumble and hide at the first sign of a semi competent side

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

TelekineticBear! posted:

but they arent the same age, and costa is better now, and lets face it, lukaku is a bit of a pussy, he'll bang the goals in against the mickey mouse teams but he'll crumble and hide at the first sign of a semi competent side

Sign him up Wengy

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lacazette ist insanely cool and good, and just lol at all the posters saying otherwise, just a real big L M F A O

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

TelekineticBear! posted:

This is true of Costa despite him being a retard

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
The difference is Costa will give his manager a nice yellow, maybe even a red

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Gigi Galli posted:

I'm not sure this is the case in England but there's always one guy in a poo poo team in Italy that is great for whatever provincial side he's playing for and scores a bunch because he's the only one on the team who can.

Rolando Bianchi, Massimo Maccarone, Marco Di Vaio, etc, were all decent enough players but they never replicated their form away from smaller clubs.

Not saying Lukaku couldn't do well at a big club, but an above average player at a below average side always stands out.

Andy Johnson is the archetypal This Guy in chuggos world

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Gorn Myson posted:

Yeah, Cheslea were lucky to get rid of KDB, Schürrle, Sturridge, Lukaku, Salah, Cuadrado and Juan Mata when they did. I can't think of a single Chelsea fan that would want any of that pile of dogshit back in their side at any point since they left the club.

Juan Mata holds a special place at the club though we certainly don't miss him on the pitch. Same goes for the rest of the players, not sure how many would get into the starting team that we have. Cuadrado would've made a good wingback last season and we need a first team striker but laughing at the idea of that being Sturbridge.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

chuggo is BACK posted:

I was going to make a Fernando Torres joke at this point, but realised it might imply that I think Chelsea are a big club, so gently caress it

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

chuggo is BACK posted:

Well who knows how long he had form for before he was caught

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Lacazette is real class and I can't believe the loving frogs don't rate him in the national team what a crock of poo poo

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Fabinho has made about 5 "come get me" pleas to Jose and apparently united now put an offer in

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Chelsea seem to be getting Bakayoko, Sandro and van Dijk according to latest rumours.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

hadji murad posted:

Chelsea seem to be getting Bakayoko, Sandro and van Dijk according to latest rumours.

If Sandro goes I'll be quite sad, but those are some insane transfer fees being rumored.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
It shouldn't be expected, and I know they aren't some plucky underdog, but drat me if it isn't sad that Monaco are being gutted.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ninpo posted:

Well who knows how long he had form for before he was caught

Are you confusing Andrew "Andy" Johnson with Adam "Pedophile" Johnson?

chuggo is BACK posted:

Kevin Phillips.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
i expected ninpo to better at recognizing johnsons tbh

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I thought the "sorry misread" could be implied with this one..

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

ayb posted:

Fabinho has made about 5 "come get me" pleas to Jose and apparently united now put an offer in

I'm liking this. Di Marzio is usually reliable for transfer rumors. :mmmhmm:

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
would this be the most ~inhos in the premiere league?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Roma have apparently sold Paredes and Manolas to Zenit for €65m. Roma are going to be replacing half of their squad this summer.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Roma have apparently sold Paredes and Manolas to Zenit for €65m. Roma are going to be replacing half of their squad this summer.

Di Francesco is either very happy about this or extremely mad.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

Di Francesco is either very happy about this or extremely mad.

Weren't these basically required sales due to FFP?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Troy Queef posted:

Weren't these basically required sales due to FFP?

Salah covered their FFP obligations, but maybe their finances are poo poo in general.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Wow Manolas was linked to a number of English clubs, RIP at Zenit.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mancini is finally able to get all the players he wanted at Inter last year before he got canned, I'm not surprised Manolas ended up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Not confirmed but it sounds like Big Rom posted some video where he's playing pickup in a field with a butt-tonne of Chelsea crests.

• Locked thread