Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/878388024622624769

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Hollismason posted:

Uh yea there was a recall and everything

https://www.wired.com/2016/08/jeep-hackers-return-high-speed-steering-acceleration-hacks/

Did you just miss this?

There was even a recall over it. They can't literally take control of your car and drive it into a wall or some poo poo because of the way cars work.

Pretty much. Even an offline system can be exploited given enough time to experiment, and we're talking about a concept that would be heavily reliant on online GPS, weather reports, traffic updates, etc. just to get by.

People make computers out of blocks in a lego game or a gameboy running a vulnerable game just for fun, a lot of tech fetishists really underestimate the skill for abstract thought and innovation some people have.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
So the whole "no cameras allowed in press briefings" thing is because they realize how awful all of their press briefings have been and don't want to be scrutinized anymore?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

nachos posted:

In my fantasy world all republicans simultaneously tell trump to gently caress off, forcing this stupid PAC to spend a billion dollars running ads against all of them

I wonder who owns that sPAC, i bet it's some crazy new money POS just like Donnie. Donnie is outside the normal darkmoney networks and I kind doubt the GOPe would approve attacking their own like this.

BTW how's Prebus/the RNC? Havent heard from them in a while.

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003

Knifegrab posted:

So the whole "no cameras allowed in press briefings" thing is because they realize how awful all of their press briefings have been and don't want to be scrutinized anymore?

Printing that they avoided a whole bunch of important questions looks way better than showing a video of them squirming for 15 minutes, trying to look like they know what they're talking about.

JasonV fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jun 24, 2017

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug
I love that CNN trolled the White House by sending a courtroom sketch artist to draw the WH briefings since they weren't allowed to film. Makes it seem like a closed courtroom.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

DreamShipWrecked posted:

My point is that having the GOP release such a blatantly horrible bill with awful reception is a great time to go "these chucklefucks don't know what they are doing". When the bill (I would hope) inevitably fails it opens them up to pushing hard against it.

I remember when the DEMS unveiled the ACA, instead of just attacking it Republicans started talking about the AHCA in specific detail from day one, and that's why they were able to capitalize on it.

Skex posted:

The thing is that unless the elected Democrats actually work to enact the policies in the platform it really is just a joke. Oh and it's not like the Centrist "let" the left write the platform. that's the result of people getting active in the organization and doing exactly what the Centrists keep telling them to do which is engage and work within the system.

The concessions made by centrists to leftists when they lose is literally without precedent. No losing primary candidate in either party has ever been allowed to nominate a single member of the platform writers in American history.

Also, how dare Dems not pass a $15 minimum wage with no power. Seriously, are you actually trying to say that the things in the platform not coming true after they lost is Dems fault and not, you know, what happens when they don't control any part of government?

Huzanko posted:

https://theintercept.com/2017/06/23/democratic-lobbyists-donald-trump-mottur-podesta-comcast-prudential/

You don't understand the Democrats or their leadership or seemingly much of anything.

So your only response to leftists refusing to ever acknowledge the concessions made to them is to not even address those concessions and instead use anecdotes about ...christ, I don't even know what that horseshit wall of text was. What the gently caress does literally any of what you said have to do with Democratic Leadership and their treatment of the left?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Knifegrab posted:

Its them continuing to throw fits over not being able to control the narrative. They'd like nothing more than to shut down the press briefings, go silent most of the week, and use Fox News as their sole outlet. But every time they try and pull back access they get attacked from all sides and the narrative just gets worse. This current round will probably break in a week or two when the media gets tired of it and frustrated and start making lots of noise. They were distracted this week by Georgia and health care, and that will probably continue into next week. But eventually it will repeat the process where everyone gets annoyed at the lack of answers, criticism ramps way up, Trump tweets a bunch of explosive poo poo, etc.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

Also, how dare Dems not pass a $15 minimum wage with no power.

No one's expecting them to pass it under the current circumstances, you dolt. They're expecting the Dems to at least look like they're fighting for it. They have nothing to lose by at least pretending to care about it as a matter of principle.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

STAC Goat posted:

Its them continuing to throw fits over not being able to control the narrative. They'd like nothing more than to shut down the press briefings, go silent most of the week, and use Fox News as their sole outlet. But every time they try and pull back access they get attacked from all sides and the narrative just gets worse. This current round will probably break in a week or two when the media gets tired of it and frustrated and start making lots of noise. They were distracted this week by Georgia and health care, and that will probably continue into next week. But eventually it will repeat the process where everyone gets annoyed at the lack of answers, criticism ramps way up, Trump tweets a bunch of explosive poo poo, etc.

Or maybe a big bombshell drops before any of this can happen. :getin:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

BTW how's Prebus/the RNC? Havent heard from them in a while.
someone tricked him into saying "!subeirP ecnieR" and now he can't enter our dimension for a year and a day.

Majorian posted:

No one's expecting them to pass it under the current circumstances, you dolt. They're expecting the Dems to at least look like they're fighting for it. They have nothing to lose by at least pretending to care about it as a matter of principle.

Yeah, it's this. Republicans weren't in power and daily screeching into the Hatemaw that they would repeal Obamacare, Impeach the Kenyan Marxist Muslim Usurper, and make it illegal to care for others, and they were rewarded very handsomely indeed. So yes, Dems should be making up wild poo poo like "living wage" and "healthcare should exist" and campaigning on it. Of course, maybe Democrats are worried they might have to actually do those things later, as they are seeing with Republicans, voters actually want the government to do things!

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jun 24, 2017

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Reince Preibus is Mister Mxyzptlk is probably my favorite political injoke.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Did that big tick tick thing not drop today?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

FizFashizzle posted:

Did that big tick tick thing not drop today?

Apparently not. Wittes did say could be dropped Monday.

Not quite at louise mensch level of bullshit promises.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Is the CBO score out yet for this or is that like next week or something?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/877933211203940352
https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/877933230455832578

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Notice that he just says he didn't make, and doesn't have, any recordings. He doesn't say he doesn't know of any recordings, which is something I would expect him to state if he didn't know of any recordings.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Majorian posted:

And once again we find the beating heart of the problem that you refuse to acknowledge. They dont "look" like they're fighting for it. They don't "feel" like they respect you. You just don't "believe" that they even would have governed according to the platform.

You have a massive victim complex and view all Dem actions as if they hate you and want to hurt you. Nothing will shift that perception except you.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I hope the media stops using tweets altogether and just refers to everything as an official statement from president trump from now on

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Pander posted:

Apparently not. Wittes did say could be dropped Monday.

Not quite at louise mensch level of bullshit promises.

Wittes has never lied, whereas the only thing Louise Mensch has told the truth about is the reptoid conspiracy that reaches the highest levels of our government.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PT6A posted:

Notice that he just says he didn't make, and doesn't have, any recordings. He doesn't say he doesn't know of any recordings, which is something I would expect him to state if he didn't know of any recordings.

Maybe recordings of these meetings are about to drop.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Yeah, it's this. Republicans weren't in power and daily screeching into the Hatemaw that they would repeal Obamacare, Impeach the Kenyan Marxist Muslim Usurper, and make it illegal to care for others, and they were rewarded very handsomely indeed. So yes, Dems should be making up wild poo poo like "living wage" and "healthcare should exist" and campaigning on it. Of course, maybe Democrats are worried they might have to actually do those things later, as they are seeing with Republicans, voters actually want the government to do things!

Yep.

It's important to show people you are at leasty trying to work in their interests. Republicans do that even if their interests are dumb. Trump still talks about The Wall, and that fires up the dwindling section of his base that mostly cares about the wall.

Fighting for $15 is actually a good idea, and does get people energized. It's important to look like you're working for it even if you realistically can't right now.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Hollismason posted:

Is the CBO score out yet for this or is that like next week or something?
Last report was early next week

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Fulchrum posted:

And once again we find the beating heart of the problem that you refuse to acknowledge. They dont "look" like they're fighting for it. They don't "feel" like they respect you. You just don't "believe" that they even would have governed according to the platform.

You have a massive victim complex and view all Dem actions as if they hate you and want to hurt you. Nothing will shift that perception except you.

I follow politics pretty closely and Dems could do a much better job being out front on these issues.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
If Dems call for a $15 minimum wage, but everybody's following Trump's latest tweet, did the Dems call for anything at all?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Fulchrum posted:

Blaming the base doesn't sound very productive when you're trying to get them to turn out for elections

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The Dems should get Katy Perry to release all actual statements, she has like a gajillion followers.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/passantino/status/878394722124939264

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

nachos posted:

Blaming the base doesn't sound very productive when you're trying to get them to turn out for elections

It's a pastime for some folks.

I try and point out when folks get into turnout-bashing mode that yelling at folks both wont work and ignores the voter suppression problems that are at the core(like people working during voting days, etc) but it feels good to poo poo on someone I guess.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

It took entirely too long to come up with this deflection.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

How many more lie days than not, or how long it took to have a single one, that's the real question of "which of these is more insane"

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jaxyon posted:

Yep.

It's important to show people you are at leasty trying to work in their interests. Republicans do that even if their interests are dumb. Trump still talks about The Wall, and that fires up the dwindling section of his base that mostly cares about the wall.

Fighting for $15 is actually a good idea, and does get people energized. It's important to look like you're working for it even if you realistically can't right now.

You mean by introducing a bill to raise the minimum wage to $15 immediately and having the minority leader pledge that they will do it if given the reins of government?

Amazing how stuff like that never gets brought up. Wonder why that is.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/878413313188802560

GAME ON

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Obama knew about the thing that I think didn't happen and did nothing! Why?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

So now the strategy is to swerve into the crash? Alright.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

empty whippet box posted:

Obama knew about the thing that I think didn't happen and did nothing! Why?

Goddamn he is stupid. It is just not even realistic how dumb he is.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

When Donald Trump says something is "Just Out" that's been news for awhile and something he's denied I always assume that like Tucker Carlson just did a piece on it so now Trump believes it.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Admitting Russian interference for the purposes of seeking the truth would be a good thing, but that's not what he's doing here.

Why is he confirming something he doesn't want to be true?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Papa Putin isn't going to be too happy if Trump starts publicly acknowledging Russian interference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Jealous Cow posted:

Admitting Russian interference for the purposes of seeking the truth would be a good thing, but that's not what he's doing here.

Why is he confirming something he doesn't want to be true?

Because he is too loving stupid to keep his story straight.

See the Comey firing.

• Locked thread