Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

chunkles posted:

hmm I dunno, can Blake Griffin chuck ill advised three pointers?

sign em up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiDpz3WtCRY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Kent Bazemore's greatest skill is bench reactions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-cOvOPPimE&t=9s

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

xbilkis posted:

https://twitter.com/Mitch_Lawrence/status/878361026030321664

I don't want the friendship ball of Lowry/Derozan to break up, but Lowry in Minnesota would be real fun to watch

Either this is speculation or Minnesota is opening their checkbook in a huge way and Taylor and Co don't mind losing money running a basketball team.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

MourningView posted:

That was arguably the best series LeBron has ever played, I don't think Pietrus bugged him too much

That series also featured Lebron's career best buzzer beater:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkvTLOhm-TQ

I remember seeing that live at an Applebee's and hooting & hollering for ten minutes straight. The boneless wings were on me for the rest of the night

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Man, I really hope that Hayward + Paul George rumor is true. I doubt they'd get past the Cavs, but that would be a super fun team to watch, and they'd at least make the Conference Finals competitive.

Wonder what they would give up for George in that scenario though? Crowder, the Nets pick and what else?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

On the other hand the last time the Rockets tried to pair harden with a super athletic big leaving LA with health issues who had probably peaked in terms of athleticism and wanted a lot of touches that didn't end very well i guess...

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

hah, Tony Battie was on the Magic finals team

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

chunkles posted:

IMO, rather than having a statue of him in front of the hallowed Quicken Loans Arena, they should engrave a giant stele that says LEBRON BROUGHT THIS TEAM TO THE 2007 NBA FINALS followed by the entire roster of the 2007 Cleveland Cavaliers.

All the players and coaches should be mummified and buried beneath the obelisk

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Charlz Guybon posted:

Man, I really hope that Hayward + Paul George rumor is true. I doubt they'd get past the Cavs, but that would be a super fun team to watch, and they'd at least make the Conference Finals competitive.

Wonder what they would give up for George in that scenario though? Crowder, the Nets pick and what else?

If it's a deal with an extension in place it would probably be like Crowder, Bradley, the Nets pick and Memphis pick

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

DeimosRising posted:

All the players and coaches should be mummified and buried beneath the obelisk

if any of them are alive, just throw them in after lebron as with widows who burn themselves on funeral pyres

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

For what it's worth I believe Lowry and Butler are friends and Butler wanted to recruit him to Chicago. So there may be something to that.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

That was arguably the best series LeBron has ever played, I don't think Pietrus bugged him too much
I'm being misunderstood, must be losing english language
I was referencing every memorable Lebron Stopper just being another guy who's the same size and also strong, which seems very silly in retrospect

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Niwrad posted:

For what it's worth I believe Lowry and Butler are friends and Butler wanted to recruit him to Chicago. So there may be something to that.

Don't be silly. Nobody would try to recruit their friend to go to the Bulls.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Cool Buff Man posted:

If it's a deal with an extension in place it would probably be like Crowder, Bradley, the Nets pick and Memphis pick

Hmm...don't want to lose Bradely.

On the hand, cry me a river, Danny. You should be aquiring assets with intent to get something for them. Not to horde them and cry and moan over how teams are demanding too much in return for what you want ad infinitum.
https://www.celticsblog.com/2017/6/...ltics-nbs-draft

quote:

As the Celtics spent the week negotiating trades they felt were outrageous, they wanted to send a message to their trade partners – or what remains of them after the Jimmy Butler trade and the Kristaps Porzingis calamity – that they can’t be held ransom by their lack of liquidity. CelticsBlog asked Ainge if he felt persecuted for his wealth management, held to a higher standard in his offers because of his embarrassment of asset riches.

“I think there's some truth in that. I think you're spot on there a little bit,” he said. “I mean, I know when I'm trying to do deals with teams, and I'm looking -- Oh, I'm going to call that team because they have something I'm really excited about. I think people around the league know what we have and they are asking for some of our prime real estate.”

When CelticsBlog asked if that has been the hurdle for getting to the finishing line on a trade for a tangible great player, Ainge remained steadfast on his organizational values.

“I don't know. I think over the last few trading periods, it's been a little bit of a hurdle. Bottom line, we have to do the deals we really believe in.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Charlz Guybon posted:

Hmm...don't want to lose Bradely.

On the hand, cry me a river, Danny. You should be aquiring assets with intent to get something for them. Not to horde them and cry and moan over how teams are demanding too much in return for what you want ad infinitum.
https://www.celticsblog.com/2017/6/...ltics-nbs-draft

Losing Bradley doesn't matter one bit if we pick up PG and Hayward on multi year contracts for the wings

Also Danny sounds whiny as usual but he's probably right that people ask for more from them

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Cool Buff Man posted:

I want a lawyer who makes grammatical mistakes in official letters too

The president has a lawyer who can't spell president. What hope do the rest of us have?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Charlz Guybon posted:

Gordon Hayward actually owns LeBron

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MourningView posted:

Gordon Hayward actually owns LeBron

Sir LeBron is a free man

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I think Horford/PG/Hayward/Bradley/IT could beat Cleveland, even if your bench is gutted and no Smart or Chowder. It's probably a tier below GSW, but not by much and by the time next June rolls around it might be pretty close.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

is the jimmy trade worse than the cousins trade? i think buddy's better than anything the bulls got back.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Spoeank posted:

The president has a lawyer who can't spell president. What hope do the rest of us have?

I only wish that was the worst of that sitchiation.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

R.D. Mangles posted:

is the jimmy trade worse than the cousins trade? i think buddy's better than anything the bulls got back.

LaVine is most likely better.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

morestuff posted:

https://twitter.com/serenawinters/status/878366042019381249

https://twitter.com/serenawinters/status/878366473567129600

On the one hand Magic is basically a well-paid hype man but on the other hand it feels like this is going to be hilarious if it doesn't turn out well

Lmao I'm late on this, but I love how he says Lonzo is the new face of the Lakers. I wonder how PG feels about that?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kibner posted:

LaVine is most likely better.

lavine with two knees is better, but i'm not bullish on guys whose entire game is freak athleticism coming back from catastrophic knee surgery in the bulls organization

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

R.D. Mangles posted:

lavine with two knees is better, but i'm not bullish on guys whose entire game is freak athleticism coming back from catastrophic knee surgery in the bulls organization

Well, he's also a better sniper than Buddy at this point in time.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

R.D. Mangles posted:

You should be happy for Jimmy. His suffering is at an end; his soul is at peace now, he is with his Mentor.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

R.D. Mangles posted:

Kibner posted:

Well, he's also a better sniper than Buddy at this point in time.

Yeah he's a really decent jumpshooter, 40% from 3 potential so he can always fall back on that

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mr. Mambold posted:

I only wish that was the worst of that sitchiation.

It's a pretty good representation of the administration as a whole though

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The key thing is that the Wolves get two whole years of Butler in that insanely cheap contract. That's worth a downgrade in return

And the Bulls gave up effectively a pick swap for whatever reaosn

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

His entire game wasn't really based around his athleticism, it's mostly his jump shot (which the fact that he gets up so fast does help) and his handles that got him into the league as a point guard, despite the fact that ZACH LAVINE IS NOT A POINT GUARD. He's more proven at this point than Buddy, but I agree the injury thing is concerning.

The Butler trade also didn't mean having to take on Tyreke Evans, so that's another big point in its favor.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Cool Buff Man posted:

I want a lawyer who makes grammatical mistakes in official letters too
I passed the bar examin Trinidad but not Tobago. give me a PM anytime

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I passed the bar examin Trinidad but not Tobago. give me a PM anytime

Lets lime and discuss law strategies

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Cool Buff Man posted:

You don't think Ainge would deal Tatum instead of Bradley?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

pubic works project posted:

You don't think Ainge would deal Tatum instead of Bradley?

Not a chance, Danny loves his younguns

If he had to for salary reasons I could see it

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

Not a chance, Danny loves his younguns

What are the Nets and Memphis picks? Firsts? poo poo, I think at this point I'd be happy with a case of beer for PG.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

pubic works project posted:

What are the Nets and Memphis picks? Firsts? poo poo, I think at this point I'd be happy with a case of beer for PG.

The Nets pick will be about the same odds as this years pick, I only see the Bulls as being as bad as the Nets next year. And yeah Memphis first 2019

Regardless of what the end result would be, you'd be getting a lot in return, more than you could get from any other team, because from any account of the rumor it hinges on PG signing an extension

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 24, 2017

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

If the Wolves sign Lowry or Holliday, does that jump them to top 4 in the conference? I could see it if LA blows up and Utah fails to re-sign Gordon Hayward

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
lol https://twitter.com/HoopsRumors/status/878410019087278081

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

chunkles posted:

, George de Paula, Erik McCree.

If these guys don't pan out I will be very bummed

• Locked thread