Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Are you guys all loving retarded?? Why don't you want to shoot lasers? Christ this thread is sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Some real loving Un American posting itt Jesus christ

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan

VikingSkull posted:

hey Shibby can you tell these guys that 4chan didn't buy out this account and I've always been this big of an rear end in a top hat? tia

I know that you've experienced childhood trauma, that much I know :iiam:

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

World War Mammories posted:

events 1500 years ago vs 70 years, in living memory :thunk:

anyway the problem so far as i care is that you want to oppress/exclude/deny the rights of people from one specific religion, which is ~literally un-american~. if you wanna go all tankie and follow soviet-style eradicating all religion - not just "deuteronomy is hosed up" - then that'll be kinda weird but it'll be morally consistent. until then, no one gives a gently caress about what hosed-up things you can find in abrahamic holy books, because they all have that poo poo.

I'm no theologian, but my understanding is that Islam can be considered a unique religious threat because its holy texts make explicit political demands. I know that Christianity explicitly instructs obedience to the state, and I'm unclear where Judaism stands on the subject. I don't really care what the Jews think because of the massive numerical imbalance, low future growth prospects, and history of relatively peaceful coexistence within the Western world. However, the Islamic world's periphery is defined by wars of varying intensities being waged against regimes and religions of all types, and its history is much more a story of conquest than any of its peers. These are manifestations of Islam's unique political character. This makes Islam a more modern religion than its peers, which should seem obvious simply due to chronology, but it's not because the political component, in addition to a couple of other evolutionary mutations offering resistance to reformation and dilution, strengthens the religion's durability.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Nut to Butt posted:

I'm no theologian

quite obviously

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

KingShibby posted:

I used to know a girl from Oregon I think who used "Shibby" as her handle. Based on this, I think you're probably an ok fella

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

runupon cracker posted:

quite obviously

Don't quote me, you broke-dick, broke-brain, corpulent, shambling excuse for a man.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

KingShibby posted:

:thumbsup:

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
I'll tell you what, the politeness here in Wisconsin is near-Canada levels, but Paul Ryan is not indicative of the levels of fatness :staredog:

Skypie posted:

I used to know a girl from Oregon I think who used "Shibby" as her handle. Based on this, I think you're probably an ok fella

I'm a cool d00d :regd04:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

T.S. Smelliot posted:

This would make a great final scene to a horror film

quoting this post from pages back because i just want everyone else to imagine Donald Sutherland throwing his head back and raising his arm but instead of unleashing an unearthly shriek he says IIIIIIIM WIIIIITHHH HERRRRRR

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Nut to Butt posted:

I'm no theologian, but my understanding is that Islam can be considered a unique religious threat because its holy texts make explicit political demands. I know that Christianity explicitly instructs obedience to the state, and I'm unclear where Judaism stands on the subject. I don't really care what the Jews think because of the massive numerical imbalance, low future growth prospects, and history of relatively peaceful coexistence within the Western world. However, the Islamic world's periphery is defined by wars of varying intensities being waged against regimes and religions of all types, and its history is much more a story of conquest than any of its peers. These are manifestations of Islam's unique political character. This makes Islam a more modern religion than its peers, which should seem obvious simply due to chronology, but it's not because the political component, in addition to a couple of other evolutionary mutations offering resistance to reformation and dilution, strengthens the religion's durability.

I'm not a theologian either. but what it sounds like you're saying to me is that you're against theocracy. surely that's a common position, I am too. that's why president mike pence would be bad!! it's also one reason i oppose the actions of the israeli government!!!

it seems spurious to me to claim that islam is inherently more theocratic. I don't feel like writing an essay on why, and moreover it would probably be lovely. but regardless of whether it's correct or not, the important thing is that people can believe whatever they want, so long as they can participate in a secular democracy under rule of law with the rest of us. besides its moral rectitude, the constitution requires it. there are definitely muslim people who want theocracy and take violent means to attempt to bring it about, but they're bad for the violence, not for being muslim. and of course there are such people who are christian, who are jewish - there are loving buddhist terrorists. so like, if you wanna say that wahhabists or salafists should be "extremely vetted" or whatever, that works for me. (the question of how to identify someone by ideology, when they can just keep quiet about how they want to blow up the great satan, is notwithstanding.) but there are plenty of muslims who don't interpret islam that way, I was friends with a few growing up, and their rights deserve protection from pricks howling about hosed up poo poo in holy books from millennia past.

Heaven Spacey posted:

quoting this post from pages back because i just want everyone else to imagine Donald Sutherland throwing his head back and raising his arm but instead of unleashing an unearthly shriek he says IIIIIIIM WIIIIITHHH HERRRRRR

this is... vivid.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I'm theo from the cosby show

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Nut to Butt posted:

Don't quote me, you broke-dick, broke-brain, corpulent, shambling excuse for a man.

ok

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Nut to Butt posted:

Nut to Butt posted:

Nut to Butt posted:

Nut to Butt posted:

Nut to Butt posted:

Nut to Butt posted:

Nut to Butt posted:

Nut to Butt posted:

Nut to Butt posted:

Nut to Butt posted:

Nut to Butt posted:

Nut to Butt posted:

Nut to Butt posted:

Nut to Butt posted:

Nut to Butt posted:

Nut to Butt posted:

Nut to Butt posted:

Nut to Butt posted:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Lmao

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mnoba posted:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/the-lasting-damage-of-trumps-tapes-bluff/531306/

the left is so easy, because when ever trump does something hilarious or good fighting these deep state retards, the media rushes out and makes up excuses why the behavior deep down is really bad

This article seems to be correct :shrug: where u going here

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Nut to Butt posted:

This thread is not about your bs religion poo poo, it's about how cool trump is doing. gently caress

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Burt Sexual posted:

This thread is not about your bs religion poo poo, it's about how cool trump is doing. gently caress

PYF redneck religious theory

edit: oh hi Mark, I mean vyst!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Piss de Bundy posted:

mohammed did nothing wrong

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Trump is coming up in the polls! Trump's back!

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

facebook jihad posted:

Ain't even a thing, biatches

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
donald what are you doing
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/878413313188802560

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I'll tell you why. It was a set-up. Hillary was supposed to win and then the deep state would declare war on Russia and figure out ways to federalize the voting machines to protect democracy. Trump was the fall guy

He won though, and stopped both WW3 and the tyrannical overthrow of democracy.

This is amazing

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I'll tell you why. It was a set-up. Hillary was supposed to win and then the deep state would declare war on Russia and figure out ways to federalize the voting machines to protect democracy. Trump was the fall guy

He won though, and stopped both WW3 and the tyrannical overthrow of democracy.

This is amazing

Putin never actually wanted Trump to get elected, he just wanted to make Hillary look bad. Trump getting elected kind of has them making GBS threads themselves because he's a giant idiot who appointed a bunch of even stupider idiots to positions of power and they're panicking because they basically gave the keys to the largest nuclear arsenal in the world to a chimpanzee

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Heaven Spacey posted:

Putin never actually wanted Trump to get elected, he just wanted to make Hillary look bad. Trump getting elected kind of has them making GBS threads themselves because he's a giant idiot who appointed a bunch of even stupider idiots to positions of power and they're panicking because they basically gave the keys to the largest nuclear arsenal in the world to a chimpanzee

No Putin and the Russian Federation in general support nationalistic candidates in other countries in an effort to weaken support for NATO and the EU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

facebook jihad posted:

Wait, this is better

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

FisheyStix posted:

*bashes his way through the thread's doors, huffing and puffing*

Huff... The... The loving dragon... Obviously!! Whoof... Huff... gently caress me, what are we talking about now. ..?

I'm thinking Snake invisibility sounds neat. Although shapshifting would be nice I could have such nice boobs, and a bigger dick ohhh and finally transform into my fursona! You guys realize how heavy fursuits are? gently caress! What do you think Trump's fursona is? Maybe he's a scalie.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jun 24, 2017

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Wait, wait wait lol... Loretta Lynch is legitimately being investigated for obstruction for... but but but ... HER EMAILS

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...robe/103140596/

God, I love this universe

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Wait, wait wait lol... Loretta Lynch is legitimately being investigated for obstruction for... but but but ... HER EMAILS

I don't even know what universe i'm in anymore.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

going to be great to start frog marching some of these neolibs and watching the left post literally the only political meme they have

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mnoba posted:

going to be great to start frog marching some of these neolibs and watching the left post literally the only political meme they have

People don't seem to understand obstruction of justice isn't saying someone is a nice guy and your friend, it's bleaching a server and conspiring with legal entities to make treason charges disappear

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Could Trump-senpai be... daijobu?!

E: oh God DNC you can't say stuff like that :stonklol:

FisheyStix fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jun 24, 2017

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

So Trump literally admitted that Russians helped him, cool

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Bholder posted:

I get the feeling you would take a piece of paper with the word 'yes' written on it that you found in a dumpster somewhere as concrete proof

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Bholder posted:

:shrug: Even if that was true, was he supposed to stop Russia from doing things he didn't know they were doing

Sounds more like Obama was supposed to stop Russia, being the president aware of the intelligence and everything

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Lynch meeting Bill during the investigation was extremely dumb and shady, but it's not gonna go anywhere and everyone will have forgotten about it in a few weeks.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

FisheyStix posted:

I get the feeling you would take a piece of paper with the word 'yes' written on it that you found in a dumpster somewhere as concrete proof

For months Trump was denying any manner of Russian connection, and now he blames it on Obama.

Again, there is no greater proof for the Russian conspiracy than Trump himself.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
If Trump was unaware of Russian involvement, there was no collusion

But if Obama was aware of Russian involvement, we just entered a whole new phase of the game

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

:shrug: Even if that was true, was he supposed to stop Russia from doing things he didn't know they were doing

Sounds more like Obama was supposed to stop Russia, being the president aware of the intelligence and everything

Yeah Obama should've done something... like... doing sanction, expelling diplomats, taking away dodgy properties owned by said diplomats...

All of which was undone by trump in the last week btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Skypie posted:

Lynch meeting Bill during the investigation was extremely dumb and shady, but it's not gonna go anywhere and everyone will have forgotten about it in a few weeks.

the hilarious thing is Comey once again couldn't keep his dumb mouth shut and now we have another investigation because of it

what a moron lol

• Locked thread