Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Catte tax while we wait for the new shedool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XW-XdDe6j0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

D_Smart posted:

Can he polish a turd too? CIG should hire him

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

So, my guess is that they just simply do not release a schedule today. They are going to slowly phase out updating that schedule.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

IncredibleIgloo posted:

So, my guess is that they just simply do not release a schedule today. They are going to slowly phase out updating that schedule.

This schedule thing has lasted far longer than any other attempt at maintaining regular updates to the backers.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Maybe the guy that quit recently was the guy that was doing the schedule updates

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Maybe the guy that quit recently was the guy that was doing the schedule updates

Schedule update guy fell and broke his wrists

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Nicholas posted:

STAR CITIZEN WEEKLY SCHEDULE POOL

quote this and make your predictions

Items Completed: TBD
Items Pushed Back: The schedule
Items that were completed but are now pushed back: 0
Release Date: new schedule in 7 days.

who ever gets the closest gets a new custom title

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

So, no schedule yet? I mean, it is bedtime on the East coast. I can't fathom that there would still be people at the office at this time working on a schedule, of all things.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

The guy doing the schedule broke his wrist so now the schedule is behind schedule and work depending on the new schedule to get back on schedule is further behind schedule.

Star Citizen.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

BeigeJacket posted:

Croberto has no vision. There's nothing in his wretched game that isn't a shabby knock-off of one or two sci-fi franchises from 40 years ago.

Edit: Also does the thread have any recommendation for a decent sci fi novel? My flag has always firmly been planted in the cyberpunk camp, so I'm used to near future corporate hellholes with bionic implants and underdog hacker scum popping speed and contemplating their ennui. Never really got into this deep space opera stuff.

The Hyperion series. The first book is the best but the others are good too.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Nicholas posted:

STAR CITIZEN WEEKLY SCHEDULE POOL

quote this and make your predictions

Items Completed:
Items Pushed Back:
Items that were completed but are now pushed back:
Release Date:

who ever gets the closest gets a new custom title

• 7, but two of them will be intangible backend stuff and three will be guns or ships
  • All of the rest of them
  • Does 3.0 count? I'm gonna say fog tech and the dragonfly spacebike
  • 3.0 release March 2018, final release never

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

beautiful fatman posted:

[*] 3.0 release March 2018, final release never

But... 3.0 is the final (MVP) release....

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
I want to play this vidyagame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZlgBRokTCg

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

quote:

Several other items have been pushed out, largely due to dependencies that occur when so many features come together. As a result of the changes to these items, which are necessary to begin wider testing, we have moved the start of the Evocati window to July 7 (please note that much like a space launch, the testing windows indicate the timeframe in which we expect testing to begin and not the start and stop dates of the testing itself).

two weeks :smug:

(but also longer than two weeks)

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

tooterfish posted:

They're making this into a TV series. Should be a fun ride.

Really? drat who is making that?

tooterfish posted:

He's a good writer, but he takes the loving piss sometimes to be honest.

I've taken to calling him "Mr Thesaurus".

Ye some of his novels have stretched my patience but Perdido's world just let me go ok ye man and took me in. I get what you mean literary wank but if it serves and delivers then im in.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Tokamak posted:

two weeks :smug:

(but also longer than two weeks)

A surprise really

Did they really think trying to cram the entire 6 years worth of tech demo development into 1 rushed patch would all magically come together for them in the final hour ?

Actually yes they probably do , because Chris stood up on his $ 5000 restoration hardware desk and gave everyone a passionate speech the likes of which could be pulled straight from the script for squadron 42

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Gradis posted:

Really? drat who is making that?

Ye some of his novels have stretched my patience but Perdido's world just let me go ok ye man and took me in. I get what you mean literary wank but if it serves and delivers then im in.

Is it anything like the Aubrey/maturin novels which require reading the provided sailors dictionary to understand most of what is being said?

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

D_Smart posted:

This may be the coolest thing you've ever posted in this thread.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

MOMA please respond if ok

Yeah they are going to have 3.0 be the big gamescom keynote thing because they wont have poo poo ready for it at this pace.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jun 24, 2017

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
http://www.mergely.com/7I3l6Uef/?wl=1

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

Sappo569 posted:

Is it anything like the Aubrey/maturin novels which require reading the provided sailors dictionary to understand most of what is being said?

nah just some english

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

LOL "Delayed do to unforeseen shortage of resources"

People loving quitting maybe?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

It took them four schedules to explicitly explain that the evocati dates are a start range, and not beginning and end dates. So we could be waiting until the 20th of July for evocati. At least the community team is on the ball and realised backers are antsy only two days after they started losing their poo poo.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
:toot: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

Evocati start window pushed back to 7th-20th July.

So 20th July.

Until the next delay.

:laffo:

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
http://www.mergely.com/7I3l6Uef/?wl=1

Completed

quote:

COMMODITIES
Implementing items to represent units of commodity cargo.
Integrating commodities with the shop services for buying and selling from ship cargo has added additional tasks [nicholas: if theres additional tasks then its not really complete but whatever lol]
Feature Complete

AI TURRETS
We are adding the ability for AI to operate turrets in Crusader, so we are working to make sure that they track and fire upon the correct targets. [as Sabreseven pointed out, there are no ai npc's]
Feature Complete

EXPOSURE IMPROVEMENTS
We are adding support for peripheral vision to be taken into account when calculating exposure, rather than just what is onscreen. This will avoid situations like looking into a space when there is something very bright (such as a planet surface or space station) just off-screen.
As other work progressed, we gained insight into this task which made the completion much more straight forward, allowing the improvements to be made earlier than anticipated.
Feature Complete.

SOLAR SYSTEM SHOP SERVICE
Feature Complete

NEW MESSAGE QUEUE
Feature Complete

PERSISTENT DATA REFACTOR
Code Complete for 3.0.0

MISSION BOARD APP
The mission board allows players to see the service beacons that have been set up around the universe by other players calling for assistance.
Feature Complete

Pushed back

quote:

ITEM 2.0 SHIP CONVERSION – PART 2
Single seat ships reached feature complete today (23rd June), but Multi-Crew ships will take us into next Friday.
ETA is 30th June (was 23rd June)

Insurance
Integration with the shopping service has taken longer than expected on the game code side.
ETA is 26th June (was 23rd June)

DOORS & AIRLOCKS
During the implementation of the new doors and airlocks, we found new bugs that have held up the completion to full conversion. Many locations now have newly updated doors, but the airlocks require a little more time to finish properly.
ETA is 30th June (was 22nd June)

CARGO
Additional time needed for final integration with the shopping and inventory service.
ETA is 26th June (was 19th June)

KIOSK SUPPORT
Integrating the game code with the backend service created some bugs which have caused a slight delay in the completion time of this feature.
ETA is 26th June (was 23rd June)

INVENTORY SYSTEM SUPPORT
The inventory will offer a way to manage the cargo and commodities that are being carried by the ships a player owns.
Date will remain connected to the progress of the UI team’s work on the inventory.
ETA is 3rd July (was 19th June)

ENTITY OWNER MANAGER
The Entity Owner Manager will track entities that are moved around the universe, making sure we spawn and unspawn them at the correct time
Additional time still needed for final integration with comms system and persistence spawning.
ETA is 28th June (was 23rd June)

ITEM 2.0 MULTI FUNCTION DISPLAYS
MFDs are being converted to work in the new item 2.0 system to give pilots even more control of their ships.
Impacted due to bugs on 2D radar which blocked progress on this feature.
ETA is 29th June (was 27th June)

CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION
*Players will now be able to customize their characters’ heads, hair, eye color, and skin color.
Delayed due to unforeseen shortage in resources.
ETA is 17th July (was 21st June)

MISSION MANAGER APP
Feature Complete. Bug fixing in progress [nicholas: not complete]

CARGO MANIFEST APP
After buying items at a Kiosk, players will be able to head to their ship and check their cargo manifest This incorporates the work that was previously accounted for in the “Cargo UI” task
Delayed due to additional scripting tasks for displaying 3D items which can’t be started until priority bugs are resolved.

VEHICLE CUSTOMIZER APP
This app will allow players to customize their ship via the ship customization screen, so edits can be done without locating the exact port on the ship.
Delayed due to unforeseen shortage in resources.
ETA is 13th July (was 6th July)

SHIP SELECTOR APP & INSURANCE CLAIM
This app would exist alongside the Ship Selection Terminals in the Persistent Universe, allowing players more freedom to spawn ships at designated locations.
We are incorporating the Insurance Claim process, so we have one app that will serve two functions.
Slight delay due to shifting resources to address other tasks.
ETA is 5th July (was 3rd July)

INVENTORY SYSTEM
Very closely linked to the cargo manifest App. This will be the place to look for you personal inventory.
Delayed due to team focusing on Starmap polish.

STARMAP APP
The StarMap will be introduced to allow players to view the PU at large and select planets to QT to.
To achieve Feature Complete, we’ve prioritized this task and pulled other team members to provide support
ETA is 29th June (was 26th June)

COMMS SYSTEM UI
We are adding the initial implementation of the Comms System in to 3.0.0 which will allow players to hail in order to request landing while at the various space stations in the PU.
Delayed due to knock-on effect of Character Customization and 3D item display work.
ETA is 10th July (was 30th June)

ENGINE TRAILS & CONTRAILS
Further items of polish have been requested, as well as needing some engineering support to fix bugs with the trails sometimes not appearing from the correct locations on the ships. This has pushed the completion date out slightly
ETA is 27th June (was 26rd June) [nicholas: according to the diff it was last scheudled for the 23rd, not the 26th)

ASTEROID PHYSICS
We are making the switch to move the asteroid system to the new “Physics on Demand” system to allow the server and clients to dynamically create and simulate any portion of the asteroid field rather than just the area near the player.
As this work has progressed, we identified some dependencies for the AI and Physics systems, so the date for this feature is moving out slightly to ensure these dependencies are properly accounted for in the development of this feature.
Impacted slightly by knock-on delays from bugfixing other issues.
ETA is 28th June (was 23rd June)

PHYSICS SERIALIZATION
This will fix a few long standing threading issues between the network and physics code which will improve separation of physics and netcode for better maintainability.
The Network team have been delayed on this feature due to a few blocker bugs affecting landing and walking around on planets. However, the work done on those bugs provided some very useful information that has served to inform the remaining work needed on this feature.
ETA is 30th June (was 20th June)

Items Completed: 7
Items Pushed Back: 19
Release Date: July 7th - July 20th (evocati)

edit: i cant count

Nicholas fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jun 24, 2017

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Quavers posted:

:toot: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

Evocati start window pushed back to 7th-20th July.

So 20th July.

Until the next delay.

:laffo:

gamescom is going to be loving hilarious this year

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

EVERY

loving

TIME

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
err i know that you guys ummm really wanted the 3.0 patch by this time errr but this is game development and uhhhhhh remember i said we'd start working on it end of december so errr we should be done with it by ummm christmas it should be here!!!! (Remember I said uhhhh "should" so it's not a promise!!!!)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Nicholas posted:

Items Completed: 8
Items Pushed Back: 16
Release Date: July 7th - July 20th (evocati)

Who's closest?

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

They've completed AI controled turrets?

Great!

Oh wait, there's no loving friendly AI's in the PU.

Crobblers being poo poo again.

After what is it now, 8 months of work?

quote:

COMMODITIES
Implementing items to represent units of commodity cargo.
Integrating commodities with the shop services for buying and selling from ship cargo has added additional tasks
Feature Complete

AI TURRETS
We are adding the ability for AI to operate turrets in Crusader, so we are working to make sure that they track and fire upon the correct targets.
Feature Complete

EXPOSURE IMPROVEMENTS
We are adding support for peripheral vision to be taken into account when calculating exposure, rather than just what is onscreen. This will avoid situations like looking into a space when there is something very bright (such as a planet surface or space station) just off-screen.
As other work progressed, we gained insight into this task which made the completion much more straight forward, allowing the improvements to be made earlier than anticipated.
Feature Complete.

SOLAR SYSTEM SHOP SERVICE
Feature Complete

NEW MESSAGE QUEUE
Feature Complete

PERSISTENT DATA REFACTOR
Code Complete for 3.0.0

MISSION BOARD APP
The mission board allows players to see the service beacons that have been set up around the universe by other players calling for assistance.
Feature Complete

This paltry list which is shorter than the wifes weekly shop list, is all they have to show?

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 24, 2017

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Who's closest?

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Items Completed: None
Items Pushed Back: Everything
Items that were completed but are now pushed back:Everything
Release Date:Two weeks

Quavers posted:

Items Completed: 4
Items Pushed Back: 11
Items that were completed but are now pushed back: 3
Release Date: +3 weeks

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Items Completed: 1
Items Pushed Back: 17
Items that were completed but are now pushed back: 2
Release Date: July 21st 2017

Dial A For Awesome posted:

Items Completed: 7
Items Pushed Back: 2
Release Date: blank since CIG 'accidentally' forgets to include this again

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Items Completed: 1
Items Pushed Back: 2
Items that were completed but are now pushed back: 1
Release Date: "2020"

Thoatse posted:

Items Completed: define 'completed'
Items Pushed Back: 69
Items that were completed but are now pushed back: 420
Release Date: 4/20/69

Virtual Captain posted:

Items Completed: 2
Items Pushed Back: 8
Release Date: (Actual? after Jan 2018)
Live: 7/27/2017
Evocati PTU: 7/6/2017
PTU: 7/17/2017

Exinos posted:

Items Completed: TBD
Items Pushed Back: The schedule
Release Date: new schedule in 7 days.

beautiful fatman posted:

Items Completed: 7, but two of them will be intangible backend stuff and three will be guns or ships
Items Pushed Back: All of the rest of them
Items that were completed but are now pushed back: Does 3.0 count? I'm gonna say fog tech and the dragonfly spacebike
Release Date: 3.0 release March 2018, final release never

I'll award you and quavers!

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
The hell is serialized physics?!

no_recall fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jun 24, 2017

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

no_recall posted:

its like regular physics only better

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

no_recall posted:

The buzzwords are metastasising. Fidelity binding and immersive subsumption being worked on for 4.0.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

This disaster keeps on giving. 3.1 in October. lol

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I love Arena Commander chat

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Weeks, not months

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lol when you remember that 3.0 was shown as a "working" build almost a year ago.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Also lol that reddit's excuse for why things are late is literally "summer vacations"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

works for congress