Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Grittybeard posted:

I wonder if Cavauro's long con was making us so sick of dumbass Bengals entrants that no one would vote for a legit one? Marvin Lewis is absolutely worthy of a vote, he doesn't believe in concussions, he hates celebrations, he has terrible opinions on a hell of a lot of things.

Well if it was, it worked. Bob Kraft.

~~Andey

I really think the entire organization nomination could rival Kraft or the Kaep dicks Robert Kraft beats a solo Marvin though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Bob Kraft because I can't get that weird tape he made with his girlfriend out of my mind.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I think as a general rule there should be a maximum number of people from an organization that can be submitted without some major controversy occurring.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

I think as a general rule there should be a maximum number of people from an organization that can be submitted without some major controversy occurring.

I will surely do this next year. Honestly part of the problem was that when I was putting all the nominations etc. together on a spreadsheet I didn't recognize half of these nobody bengals people. I knew pacman and "the bengals", and I'd heard of Mixon but forgot he was a bengal, and for some reason I thought Marvin Lewis was some other guy. Anyhoo I'll be labeling the NFL teams on the spreadsheet in the future.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Hunt11 posted:

When I nominated the Bengals organization I floated that we roll all those nominations into just that one. It made sense with as many lovely people at various levels of douchiness were nominated. I hadn't 2nd'd anyone at that point if my memory is right.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my My my. So many complaints and suggestions after the contest is underway and so little help during the setup process when you were requesting it for such a long period of time.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It is the nature of things. Don't worry. There's like ten whole goons who give a poo poo about this thing and there's no money on the line so whatever :shrug:

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
To be honest, if I had noticed I would've spoken up. But we're so far into it, might as well keep going. I'm sure most of them will get sifted out in the next few rounds.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

My My my my

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
In a shocking swerve I'm gonna pick Marvin Lewis because he said he thinks concussions are a big nothing made up by the media, and because he talks about players being role models while keeping one of the scummiest rosters in the NFL year in and year out, and because he is doomed to lose to Kraft anyway.

Also never trust a Patriots fan. :patssay:

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

My My my my

Don't look at me in that tone of voice.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I been busy this weekend so I didn't do this yesterday but obviously Bob Kraft Wins, 20-3.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Brock Osweiler vs. Martellus and Michael Bennett

Brock Osweiler
Brock Alan Osweiler (born November 22, 1990) is an American football quarterback for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League. He previously played for the Denver Broncos and the Houston Texans. Osweiler played college football at Arizona State University and was drafted by the Broncos in the second round of the 2012 NFL Draft.

Intruder posted:

Brock Osweiler for thinking he's an NFL QB

I think Steve Smith summed things up nicely in this article published after the first round of the 2017 draft:

quote:

Shocker: NFL Network's Steve Smith has an opinion.

"Anybody is better than Brock Osweiler," the former Panthers and Ravens wide receiver espoused on NFL Draft Kickoff. "He sure does (have a winning record). That's why Houston got rid of him. ... They gave him to Goodwill and Goodwill is trying to get rid of him.

"I'm not sold on (Kizer and Webb), but you don't have much going on. ... You've got to do something because if you don't, everybody's going to be unemployed. Somebody's got to throw to somebody."

We're not sure what's more hilarious: suggesting that a $72 million QB will absolutely be outplayed by a Day 2 rookie in 2017 or comparing the Cleveland Browns professional football organization to a shirt-swapping non-profit. The best part about Smith's assessment? It's fair advice that the Browns might just take on Friday night.

It's one thing to just not be good enough to make it in the NFL. But Osweiler is arguably the biggest bust in NFL history, at least in terms of the money. Just one season after writing a $72M contract, the Texans had to actually compensate the Browns just to take him off their hands, sending Cleveland a 2018 second round pick and their 2017 sixth round pick and receiving in exchange the Browns' 2017 fourth round pick.

Martellus and Michael Bennett
Martellus Demond Bennett (born March 10, 1987) is a tight end for the Green Bay Packers of the National Football League. The Dallas Cowboys drafted him in the second round of the 2008 NFL Draft after playing college football at Texas A&M. Bennett has also played in the NFL for the New York Giants, Chicago Bears, and New England Patriots, the latter with whom he won Super Bowl LI. He is also a children's author, and released his first book Hey A.J. It's Saturday in 2016 through his own company, The Imagination Agency. He is the younger brother of Seattle Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett.

Michael Bennett Jr. (born November 13, 1985) is an American football defensive end for the Seattle Seahawks of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Texas A&M, and signed with the Seattle Seahawks as an undrafted free agent in 2009. Bennett has also played for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Zurreco posted:

The Bennett Brothers (Martellus and Michael) for seeking out media outlets purely to talk poo poo on anyone they didn't like. It pretty quickly evolved from blowing off steam à la Dennis Rodman to simply being dicks for the sake of attention. They took being outspoken to douchey levels purely for the notoriety.

Hmm.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17201639/seahawks-michael-bennett-patriots-martellus-bennett-vs-everyone
These guys actually sound like really fun people who joke around constantly. But OK, here's some of their hot takes:

quote:

If there's an unspoken rule in the NFL against roasting other players, the Bennetts break it every day. What follows is a non-comprehensive list of their takes on various figures in football:

ELI MANNING

Martellus: "Eli? He's cool. He's like a normal white guy you see at the park trying to teach his kids how to play soccer and you know he can't really play soccer himself."

JEFF FISHER

Martellus: "If a QB went 7 -- 9, he'd never be able to find a job."

Michael: "Make sure he's in the NFC West."

BROCK OSWEILER

Michael: "I've got more sacks than he's got touchdowns." (This is accurate.)

Martellus: "I've caught more balls than he's completed." (Also accurate.)

PETE CARROLL

Martellus: "Joel Osteen."

Michael: "Tom Cruise. I feel like Pete Carroll is like Benjamin Button. He doesn't want to get old. He's getting younger every year. What is going on?"

Martellus: "That's what money does."

ROGER GOODELL

Michael: "A--hole. Nah, I'm just joking -- you can't say that. Overpaid."

J.J. WATT

Michael: "Dominant player."

Martellus: "Corny. Half of the NFL is corny, though."

Michael: "People love J.J. Watt, but they don't really like J.J. Watt, know what I'm saying?"

SAM BRADFORD

(Both smirk.)

Michael: "The greatest quarterback in the NFL."

Martellus: "Vicious. Competitive."

Michael: "A real Joe Montana."

TOM BRADY

Martellus: "The silver fox you never get to see but you hear about. You only get to take one photo, and you have to stay outside for a year just to get it."

JASON WITTEN

Martellus: "I hated Jason Witten. I appreciated his game, but I always hated him."

CAM NEWTON

Michael: "Probably the quarterback I like to hit the most."

OK. I think the article is worth a full read. Probably Zurreco has some specific comments in mind, so hopefully he can chime in and share them.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Much as I like poo poo talkers I have to go with The Bennetts. It's not Brock's fault that press, GM's and coaches did everything they could to create a douchebag from a high risk bet.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
What did Osweiller even do? He rode pine for Manning, got paid to go to Houston, sucked, and was punished by being sold to the Browns.

The Bennett Bros took playful shittalking to douchedom purely because it got them a microphone. Keep in mind, both brothers are good at dishing but entirely incapable of taking it in return. The Seahawks bro, upon losing to the much better Falcons this postseason, instantly started calling out reporters for daring to question any shortcomings (including asking a cancer survivor what kind of adversity they had been through, as if playing in the LoB is that rough). He also outright boycotted the Seattle Times for daring to say the Seahawks were no longer all that domineering on the field due to a culture of entitlement.

I really liked Martellus, but don't act like running to the Pats is a testament to how good of a receiver you are rather than how much of an upgrade to QB/the offense in general was.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The Bennet Bros Almost entirely due to the fact that poo poo involving the cancer survivor.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Brock Osweiler thinks his talent is NFL caliber and whines that it isn't fair he can't start. The Bennett Bros have funny takes.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I guess out of pure "douchiness" the Bennett bros take this. I can't get mad at a guy who fleeced a multi billion dollar team for millions for being fairly lovely at his job. We all aspire to do that.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

It isn't so much that Brock Osweiler is bad at his job, which was hilarious to anyone who wasn't a Texans fan. It's that he seems to sincerely believe that he is excellent and melts down when people suggest otherwise.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Brock Osweiler

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

They forgot to add "(This is accurate)" to all the JJ Watt comments

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Brock Osweiler due to his obvious fake gratefulness. he constantly thanks people Online and uses excessive hashtags. I don't care if a bad player thinks he's great; as soon as anybody thinks they aren't great then they can't even eventually become decent. But he's also got a baby and acts like it's some kind of good baby

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hunt11 posted:

The Bennet Bros Almost entirely due to the fact that poo poo involving the cancer survivor.

What poo poo was that?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/01/michael-bennett-seattle-seahawks-tirade-cancer-survivor

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Oh, Hodgkin's.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Here's a full transcript they linked to and yeah that's completely out of line.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

The Brothers Bennett

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Osweiler and here is why:

quote:

“Osweiler, per the source, reacted negatively, telling O’Brien in the visiting coach’s office at Nissan Stadium in Nashville that he’s only playing Osweiler because O’Brien needs him.

At one point, it’s believed that Osweiler got up to walk away and O’Brien threw out an arm to stop him. That prompted Osweiler to act as if he were being ‘held hostage,’ a claim that he would repeat (per the source) in the days after the game.”

:saddowns: "Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jun 26, 2017

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Holy poo poo Brock is so disliked that he's getting diss songs made about him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLM_KBta04U

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Leperflesh posted:

I forgot about this. We have loads of individual Bengals but can't distinguish between Martellus and Michael? I'd change my vote if it was for Michael individually.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

They were nominated as a pair, so :shrug:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The Bennett Bros because Brock going to the Browns was punishment enough.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Brock has been silently eating 2nd team reps behind Kessler and Kizer. Think he got the message of the trade.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Carlos Dunlap

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

jeff driskel because

https://twitter.com/jeffdriskel/status/865594501661839360

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Ock Brosweiler for whining about being benched, I guess.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The vote is currently very close (16-18) so I will let this one run the full two days.

hepcat
Jan 21, 2004
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos..."
The Bennet Bros. seem like pretty generic trash talkers to me. Brock Osweiler should go far in the tournament based on that locker room incident alone.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Leperflesh posted:

For what it's worth, Bennett met with the reporter privately and apologized, with the reporter accepting his apology: http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/i-didnt-get-it-right-with-seahawks-michael-bennett-and-i-apologize/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

The "Bennett trashed a cancer guy!!!" thing kind of feels like a gotcha, since I assume he had no reason to know the guy was a cancer survivor when he went on his rant.

:mad: "gently caress all y'all!"
:eng101: "Even the guy who survived Triple AIDS? He's the one in the blue shirt by the water cooler."
:confused: "...wait, what?"

• Locked thread