Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Id be far more worried about zuck if centrist technology obessors were good at anything other than losing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Venom Snake posted:

Id be far more worried about zuck if centrist technology obessors were good at anything other than losing

he still talks like a total doofus

which is exactly what the centrists want so idk

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
just wait until zuck starts talking about how much he loves game of thrones

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

anime was right posted:

he still talks like a total doofus

which is exactly what the centrists want so idk

Put yourself in the mind of an iowan corn farmer or black church goer and ask how much you love zuck. Now consider why I don't think he's going to win the primary lol

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I can't wait to be in the left circular firing squad but on the correct half this time

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Joementum posted:

I can't wait to learn why I'm racist and hate women because I'm against the Zuckerberg 2020 campaign. Gonna be wild.

Hint: Zuckerberg

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Venom Snake posted:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Hint: Zuckerberg

Oh the nightmare visions

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I think Zuckerberg should run on a platform of "if I win I will personally give every American family ten million dollars."

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Darkman Fanpage posted:

wow i just visited this small town of Shitsville, Alabama, and had an old fashion Coca Cola and boy do i love Game of Thrones and uh *looks at analytics on phone* the twitter account of Cloyd Rivers

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Virgil Texas has a higher chance of winning the democratic primary than zuck does.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh god I just realized the first dem debate is going to have like 16 loving candidates in it hahahahahah

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

yeah the bernie fans in the party are gonna be anti semites and racistly accusing zuckerberg of being part of a shadowy cabal of billionaires that control the global economy and all flow of information

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Venom Snake posted:

oh god I just realized the first dem debate is going to have like 16 loving candidates in it hahahahahah

and a 90 year old bernie will destroy them all

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

zuckerberg could easily make a million-dollar donation to every dem superdelegate's leadership PAC and start out with a huge lead of "delegates" that earns him hours and hours of positive press coverage before any votes are cast

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

women became men, POC became white, and LGBTQ people became straight.

bernie folks absolutely will be called anti-semites come primary season lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Shear Modulus posted:

yeah the bernie fans in the party are gonna be anti semites and racistly accusing zuckerberg of being part of a shadowy cabal of billionaires that control the global economy and all flow of information

this is how zuckerburg beats ellison, by going hard in on israel

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I can almost already believe it.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Venom Snake posted:

Virgil Texas has a higher chance of winning the democratic primary than zuck does.

I would vote for Virgil

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Venom Snake posted:

That's what I've been saying

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raskolnikov38 posted:

That would probably work if the most powerful jewish senator wasn't an ellison backer

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Oh Snapple! posted:

women became men, POC became white, and LGBTQ people became straight.

bernie folks absolutely will be called anti-semites come primary season lol

it was predictable, really, that those racist sexist Bernie Bros would go in for antisemitism too

their fragile white male minds can't stand the thought of a Jew having political success

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

ZUCK SONE: whom must I pay to make this stop

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Weeping Wound posted:

ZUCK SONE: whom must I pay to make this stop

me, pay me.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

californias single payer bill has been perma-shelved by a "longtime supporter of single payer"

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/california-democratic-speaker-killed-his-own-partys-plan-for-single-payer-healthcare/

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Uncle Wemus posted:

californias single payer bill has been perma-shelved by a "longtime supporter of single payer"

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/california-democratic-speaker-killed-his-own-partys-plan-for-single-payer-healthcare/

:downsbravo:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

oh man DSA east bay meeting tomorrow morning is going to be interesting, its at the nurses union building too

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Uncle Wemus posted:

of course

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Uncle Wemus posted:

flay this sellout finger by finger

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Uncle Wemus posted:

gently caress the democratic party

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Uncle Wemus posted:

i guess its time to write off the dems forever huh

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh man DSA east bay meeting tomorrow morning is going to be interesting, its at the nurses union building too

if what I'm seeing on twitter is any indication, its time for war.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Joementum posted:

I would vote for Virgil

Virgil will make the trains run on time.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Matt Zerella posted:

if what I'm seeing on twitter is any indication, its time for war.

no kidding, they just openly declared they dont care if poor people die if it means that rich people have to pay more in taxes lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

the guy's excuse is so loving stupid too. he claims that since the bill is incomplete (which it is) this gives time to work on it, but so would assigning it to a committee???????

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the guy's excuse is so loving stupid too. he claims that since the bill is incomplete (which it is) this gives time to work on it, but so would assigning it to a committee???????

well it gives them more time to think about it, because nobody has ever done studies on what it would take to implement single payer healthcare in the united states particularly california

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The silver lining here might be that people won't be willing to settle for state-by-state solutions if it means a state party or government can completely derail public healthcare programs.

And The Democratic Party must be destroyed.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I think this is a perfect time to plug this article.

https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/the-blathering-superego-at-the-end-of-history/

quote:

Sigmund Freud conceived of the superego as a normative instrument, but it is better understood as a censorious machine. Its strictures, after all, do not come from some interior wellspring; it is not a moral imagination. The rules — and they are rules, nothing more — are received from outside, then internalized and enforced. The superego, even in Freud, does not direct the ego toward high principle or even a particular sensitivity to injustice. “The super-ego can be thought of as a type of conscience that punishes misbehavior with feelings of guilt,” Freud wrote in Introduction to Psychoanalysis. When a transgression is detected, the superego inflicts a psychic wound. It is not a conscience so much as a fully automated priest. The mechanism is simple: sin goes in, censure comes out. Slip up too much and you’re excommunicated.

I am not qualified to make, nor do I want to make, any claims about the psychological character of any particular American liberal. And I am not at all convinced that Freudian psychoanalysis constitutes the most useful way to do so, in any case. But the superego as a metaphor for the collective operation of the liberal world order throws a great deal of much-needed light on what we are observing in the wake of the 2016 election. When history is meant to be over and a single political faction begins to conceive of itself as the permanent manager of a static world, then that faction ceases to be political in the ordinary sense. Politics, in its classic incarnation, is the art of deriving an is from an ought; the point, as Marx famously said, is not to describe the world but to change it. But if the world is as it ought to be already and the essential task is to maintain it — that is, to police the circumscribed boundaries of permissible behavior and ideas — then those tasked with that maintenance must conceive of themselves as acting above politics itself. They become a superego, beyond the libidinal whims of any faction and dedicated not to some alternative vision of the world but to resisting all impulse toward alternatives. Possibility goes in, correction comes out. The End of History suggests a perfectly healthy mind; thus, any attempt to alter this situation is dangerous. But the trouble with superegos is that, once they have taken on this role, they cannot cease to perform it. When the id can be kept in control, all is well. But when it can’t, then the result is not the superego’s surrender — it is repetitious, manic dysfunction. It becomes the blathering superego at the end of history.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

and that he wants to bring a harry potter world after surviving this game of thrones world, and that he will make sure america doesnt go into the hunger games world

which it will because he endorses that more than you'd think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

actually if i'm reading his statement right he's kicking it back to the senate because i guess this is just too hard for regular old assembly members

• Locked thread