Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
I hope the new F-zero does like that one racing game where you can reach sonic boom levels of speed and all sound/music goes out because you're traveling faster than the sound itself. Also give it NetherRealm style story mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

KingSlime posted:

where did the screen protectors touch you lmao

you should try tempered glass screen protectors sometime, seriously they're really good, the ignorance in your post makes it clear that you haven't actually ever tried one!

my note 4 from 2015 has one, visibility and functionally are completely unhindered, and the screen below is pristine. Protector + case = mint condition for years with literally no detriment to function or visibility

resale money, bro, devices that are kept in pristine condition sell for a lot more than devices that have clearly been heavily used for years and some of us are smart little cookies who make good money off of our old devices whenever we buy new dumb children's toys or portable phones

I know theoretically that people resell their consoles but I am too lazy to go through with that. It took me like six months to get around to eBaying a broken PS3 and when I did, I ended up spending way too much on shipping that I made like 10 bucks. -90 bucks if you consider that I paid 100 for it and it broke a month later.

I have a note in my todo list to sell my Vita and it is 176 days overdue. I also have a PS2 that's been sitting in a closet for a decade

Like, are people really making preparations to properly sell their Switches in 2017

Edit: I did end up getting a tempered glass protector for my Switch. I just did it in my living room and had no dust issues

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jun 24, 2017

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I don't think it's preparations for selling a brand new consoles, but rather an attempt to keep one's shiny new and expensive toy in pristine condition

The fact that it bumps resale value up is just an added bonus really

but yeah dust can be an issue and seeing dust bubbles is super lame if you fudge it up, just gotta take a few precautions is all

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|
Pro Controller finally arrived. Very happy with it. Also really glad I didn't burn out on Binding of Isaac on PC cause drat this is a good videogame.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Frankston posted:

I can't for the life of me put on a screen protector without getting dust trapped underneath it. I got one of those amFilm ones today (good that they come in packs of two because one of the screens had a big mark on it already so I couldn't use that one). I spent a good 10-15 minutes meticulously cleaning and going over the screen (& protector) to make sure there was no dust on it whatsoever. Did the steamed bathroom thing and everything.

Yep, as soon as that thing went on there are two bits of dust lint sticking out like a sore thumb. I don't really want to spend more money on protectors seeing as this is my 3rd goddamn attempt so I'll just learn to deal with it.

You are supposed to do it in a steamy bathroom to get it perfect.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

There's nothing better than chilling in a hotel room, racing people online with mario kart, and also playing Zelda. That's worth the price of admission alone.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I like scratches and dents and stuff. Builds character and makes it feel like it's yours,

That's why the first thing I did when I got my Switch was rub the screen with steel wool.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I weathered my Switch using a wash I reserve for only my most important W40k minis

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

HyperPuma posted:

i distinctly remember someone in this thread claiming that the screen protector made the image quality better

chaleski posted:

Mine looks much better with it on

astonishing

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/NintendoActu/status/878230652876763136

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CufqvaMqCBo

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I put a screen protector on my tv in case I throw a joy con into it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Chernabog posted:

I put a screen protector on my tv in case I throw a joy con into it.

https://shop.tv-armor.com/mobile/Standard-TV-Protectors_c_1.html?_ga=2.85624089.1629755683.1498272006-1822066994.1498272006

Cheap!

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I started playing Spectre Knight but can't stop playing the mini game where you have to race the floor to the top.

It's a great way to get coins at least!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4_3-507NQc
KIDS ARE KILLING EACHOTHER LIVE IN ARMS AND SPLATOON 2 RIGHT NOW

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Like, are people really making preparations to properly sell their Switches in 2017

You don't remember the guy earlier in the thread who was selling his Switch so that he could buy a Switch when Mario comes out? Might as well have the money while you're waiting! IT'S LIKE FREE MONEY!!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pretty sure there were at least two PS4 thread guys who bought a Switch at launch then sold it a week later because 'no games', like no poo poo.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
yeah with nintendo consoles i like to wait a year or, unless i am crazy hyped for some reason

i have been hurt too many times

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have never for a second regretted buying a Nintendo system.

Note that I did not buy a virtual boy or DSi

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm still slowly playing through Zelda and I had it since launch.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Junkie Disease posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4_3-507NQc
KIDS ARE KILLING EACHOTHER LIVE IN ARMS AND SPLATOON 2 RIGHT NOW

These kids are trash at video games. get them off my screen.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I never owned a DSi, but I never saw anything wrong with one.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Lol this is at least the 3rd week the NBA Playgrounds twitter promised the Switch version would have their first patch (that gives it online play, a basic feature) and not delivered. Never buy a game from Saber Interactive. They are a piece of poo poo dev that has released broken games like Halo Master Chief collection.

Don't confuse the 3rd promised week for meaning the game has been out 3 weeks. It was released May 9th.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Spacebump posted:

Lol this is at least the 3rd week the NBA Playgrounds twitter promised the Switch version would have their first patch (that gives it online play, a basic feature) and not delivered. Never buy a game from Saber Interactive. They are a piece of poo poo dev that has released broken games like Halo Master Chief collection.

Don't confuse the 3rd promised week for meaning the game has been out 3 weeks. It was released May 9th.

But if you buy NBA Playgrounds you get another lovely gameShaq Fu Returns for free!

That's good business!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Infinitum posted:

But if you buy NBA Playgrounds you get another lovely gameShaq Fu Returns for free!

That's good business!

LOL at a free sequel to a terrible game (so bad they switched genres for a sequel over 20 years later) being their solution. Keep in mind the dev team said they want to give Shaq Fu 2 for free but don't know how they can do it. (meaning there is a chance they might not be able to pull off their apology off.) At what point does the Switch version having online multiplayer become a false advertising issue?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Spacebump posted:

At what point does the Switch version having online multiplayer become a false advertising issue?

Immediately if you're in Australia.

Promised and not delivered is a big no-no here.

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

"Yeah let me just add a layer of material between the screen and my eyes, that will definitely make the picture quality look better" -people in 2017.

The switch dock can gently caress your screen up, just like the 3DS had issues with the bezel on the bottom screen scratching the top when it was closed.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

The Bloop posted:

Yeah regret would be a strong word. It's more like frustration at the trickle of content during year 1-2 but this is by no means exclusive to nintendo

actually it's probably better than ever these days given that indies and weekly releases are a thing (they certainly were not in the past)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

KingSlime posted:

Yeah regret would be a strong word. It's more like frustration at the trickle of content during year 1-2 but this is by no means exclusive to nintendo

actually it's probably better than ever these days given that indies and weekly releases are a thing (they certainly were not in the past)

The Switch's first year release schedule is pretty crazy

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

1 2 Switch not being a pack-in game was the dumbest mistake.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
hmm the holidays might be the perfect time to pick one up given that lineup, hopefully there will be some rad bundles!

and less/no scalping?

E: hot drat and that list doesn't even include indies and e-shop titles!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Infinitum posted:

1 2 Switch not being a pack-in game was the dumbest mistake.

It sold pretty decently, though.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Does 1, 2 Switch have any single player games?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yes, "Eating Contest"

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Devoyniche posted:

The switch dock can gently caress your screen up, just like the 3DS had issues with the bezel on the bottom screen scratching the top when it was closed.

Is this actually a thing? My Switch is finally arriving on Monday; do I need to buy one of those sock covers for the dock?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's not a problem unless you feel the need to open palm slam your Switch into the dock every morning.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

My dock puts some marks on my screen (outside of the view area) that look like scratches at first glance, but they wipe off. Supposedly some docks are worse than others, but even if my screen does get scratched that won't impair my ability to play games on it because I look at the game instead of the screen cover.

If you do have a scratchy dock, it seems like those sock cover things would just trap dust/debris over time and make the problem way worse.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The Bloop posted:

Note that I did not buy a DSi

:smith:

What was I thinking; I already owned a DS Lite...

It's been my alarm clock since ~2010/11.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM6aJYruJjc

NO NO NO

Don't shake the baby!

Lobstertainment
Jun 10, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

It's not a problem unless you feel the need to open palm slam your Switch into the dock every morning.

And boy do I!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sakurazuka posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A NINTENDO SWITCH INTO THE DOCK. ITS ARMS AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, SPRING MAN. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME ONLINE BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY WON THE LEVEL 7 ARMS GRAND PRIX. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUT LOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE VICTORY LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING.

• Locked thread