Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Ceterum censeo Democratic Party esse delendam

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

What I read is that he's saying what he's doing is shelving it till next year.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Joementum posted:

I can't wait to learn why I'm racist and hate women because I'm against the Zuckerberg 2020 campaign. Gonna be wild.
My mom plays facebook games and if you hate Zuck you hate my mom!

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

anime was right posted:

i still feel like hes gunning for an independent run, triangulated solely on what independents think on facebook
Sounds like he's gonna win

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://twitter.com/CbowdenL/status/878462140432105472

lol

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Does he want to legalize it?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
#Resist

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

lol democracy comes at the low low price of like 150 grand

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

anime was right posted:

tbf it is the state assembly, that's probably like a billion dollars to them

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

how money did goons raise for charity in the election fall out?

goon project: buy a state level politician

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
diet Cory Booker

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Raskolnikov38 posted:

how money did goons raise for charity in the election fall out?

goon project: buy a state level politician

then other discussion sites counter buy buying other politicians.

finally we can duke it out between forum power blocs

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Raskolnikov38 posted:

tbf it is the state assembly, that's probably like a billion dollars to them

150 grand is like one single year of living in san francisco

maybe two

it's loving peanuts for selling out taking care of 30 million people

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

wait wasn't genentech the company from office space

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

gdi.

the drug company donations are the worst, bc while docs would have to adjust to universal rates (and are somewhat used to it bc of medicaid, medicare and insurers setting their rates already), pharma knows it's gonna have to bite it if single-payer ever passes at the state level.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
politicians are such cheap fucks

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Willa Rogers posted:

gdi.

the drug company donations are the worst, bc while docs would have to adjust to universal rates (and are somewhat used to it bc of medicaid, medicare and insurers setting their rates already), pharma knows it's gonna have to bite it if single-payer ever passes at the state level.

medical device manufacturers too

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
this only confirms to me that dentists deserve all the poo poo they get

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Al! posted:

i guess its time to write off the dems forever huh

welcome comrade

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al! posted:

i guess its time to write off the dems forever huh

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
https://twitter.com/SeanWince/status/878420851472777216

:thunk:

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

cowardly piece of poo poo did it on a fuckin friday at 5

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

also lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcARgkFFxEY

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

not surprised ca single payer is dying and/or dead since it's been proposed every year for the last like five years and it's met the same fate every time

also gently caress zuckerberg

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Does he want to legalize it?

From 2015:

quote:

Today Priscilla and I visited San Quentin State Prison. Earlier this year I read The New Jim Crow, a study of how the US justice system disproportionately criminalizes and jails Blacks and Latinos. We wanted to see first hand what prison conditions are like for people -- and we got a chance to speak with inmates and staff.

US jails hold around 2.4 million people -- about 25 percent of the world’s prisoners. Blacks and Hispanics are significantly more likely than whites to be arrested for possession and sale of marijuana and to receive a conviction and criminal record, even though the majority of marijuana users are non-Hispanic whites. Almost 40 percent of prisoners are black. More than half the people entering prison live below the poverty line. Our entire society pays the price for an unfair, broken system.

San Quentin has one of the best track records of people not returning to jail in the country. They run programs to teach valuable skills to help inmates find jobs and avoid criminal activity.

In this photo, I'm talking with inmates who are taking a coding course. I was impressed by their spirit to return to their communities and provide for their families, as well as the dedication of the staff to help them reclaim their lives.

Making our criminal justice system fairer and more effective is a huge challenge for our country. I’m going to keep learning about this topic, but some things are already clear. We can’t jail our way to a just society, and our current system isn't working.

https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10102423008982371

Should have run in 2016. Zuck would have won.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ZTOESQ/status/878272558595846146

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
it would be amazing to watch crooked v trump round two in 2020

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

anime was right posted:

lobbying the government has an absurdly high ROI. it's amazing for how cheap government officials go. the amount of corporate money that goes into elections is tiiiiny compared to the influence it buys.

house members of both parties spend a majority of their working day fundraising from the wealthy

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

comedyblissoption posted:

lobbying the government has an absurdly high ROI. it's amazing for how cheap government officials go. the amount of corporate money that goes into elections is tiiiiny compared to the influence it buys.

house members of both parties spend a majority of their working day fundraising from the wealthy

see like, if someone wanted to bribe me, id probably do it for like, at least a million and some swag

the issue is like, there's a race to the bottom when it comes to bribery too. wow, even congressional bribes are going down under capitalism. next then you know john mccain will kill all the poors for a cuban sandwich.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

RUSSIAN. POLITICAL. MODEL.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
hosed up the way the GRU hacked Anthony Rendon to make him kill single-payer.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

perf

https://twitter.com/pluralistberry/status/878273893907279872

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

STFU about Single Payer. People's health care is at risk right now, especially millions of women and POC. Shut up about your purity legislation that would disproportionately help white people, and potentially would hurt the same people trying to save the ACA. Stop making GBS threads on people who are doing real work to save some lives. For once, look in the loving mirror, learn some humility, and start working, or shut up, step aside, and never speak again.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Condiv posted:

STFU about Single Payer. People's health care is at risk right now, especially millions of women and POC. Shut up about your purity legislation that would disproportionately help white people, and potentially would hurt the same people trying to save the ACA. Stop making GBS threads on people who are doing real work to save some lives. For once, look in the loving mirror, learn some humility, and start working, or shut up, step aside, and never speak again.
this is some dumb poo poo

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Condiv posted:

Yeah there aren't millions of people in California without health insurance (the state with the highest poverty rate in the nation), and the Democrats in power could save money by giving health care to everyone one, and it's also not like people here aren't actively working towards it.

Go gently caress yourself you piece of poo poo.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Lemming posted:

Yeah there aren't millions of people in California without health insurance (the state with the highest poverty rate in the nation), and the Democrats in power could save money by giving health care to everyone one, and it's also not like people here aren't actively working towards it.

Go gently caress yourself you piece of poo poo.
:ssh: it's a copypaste

he should source his quotes soon though

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Oh no, I really hosed up by caring about something.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Enough_Sanders_Spam/comments/6j5rkb/stfu_about_single_payer/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

White people are way more likely to be able to afford health insurance, and I can't believe that libs still have the gall to play the race card on public healthcare.

• Locked thread