Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Lutha Mahtin posted:

nah, the part where my phone never rings and instead shows voicemails is because i'm on google fi :xd:

i used to use this as a sig but i felt it was too much and also my image editing skills are crapp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Incessant Excess posted:

First confirmed image of the OnePlus 5 has been released:

I'm looking forward to reading r/android when they announce the price for this thing.
not from this distance your honor

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

not at this distance your honor

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Bobby Digital posted:

not at this distance your honor

timb talks about bravery and courage but really isnt blatently ripping off the richest corporation in the world a lot more brave than removing the headphone jack?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

LastInLine posted:

timb talks about bravery and courage but really isnt blatently ripping off the richest corporation in the world a lot more brave than removing the headphone jack?

saudi aramco is likely richer, but that's beyond point

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

cinci zoo sniper posted:

saudi aramco is likely richer, but that's beyond point

not for long they aren't unless oil hits 115 $/barrel again

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

LastInLine posted:

something something convergence

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Boiled Water posted:

not for long they aren't unless oil hits 115 $/barrel again

that whole situation is weird. a lot of the price drop is due to the Saudis ramping production back up again because they decided they would rather be the majority volume exporter to the market at a lower price which gives them a better diplomatic position than moving less volume at a higher price. the lmao part of this was they only decided to ramp production back up after other countries sunk trillions in developing new fields that were only profitable at the elevated price point and now have to almost immediately be shut back down after producing fuckall

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

the lmao part of this was they only decided to ramp production back up after other countries sunk trillions in developing new fields that were only profitable at the elevated price point and now have to almost immediately be shut back down after producing fuckall

:canada:

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

god bless our stinky Canadian pyramids

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

god bless our stinky Canadian pyramids

lol that's art

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

that whole situation is weird. a lot of the price drop is due to the Saudis ramping production back up again because they decided they would rather be the majority volume exporter to the market at a lower price which gives them a better diplomatic position than moving less volume at a higher price. the lmao part of this was they only decided to ramp production back up after other countries sunk trillions in developing new fields that were only profitable at the elevated price point and now have to almost immediately be shut back down after producing fuckall

economic trolling

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

wiped cache partition today and holy gently caress my phone is back to the world of living now

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

wiped cache partition today and holy gently caress my phone is back to the world of living now

Anroid.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

How's it feel to be a janitor

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Millstone posted:

so when g+ was a thing and everyone was excited to do hangouts a bunch of goons flooded the thing and so did a bunch of google employees

ended up talking to this guy in a multi-user hangout just because it was possible to do and kinda fun. he was a senior dev or somesuch

made a bit of a faux pas though when he said what his job was and i was like "oh you're a computer janitor" like that was a positive thing to say

obviously clueless on my part but his face just turned bright red and he started trembling and shaking his head

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Millstone posted:

fine?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

syscall girl posted:

made a bit of a faux pas though when he said what his job was and i was like "oh you're a computer janitor" like that was a positive thing to say

obviously clueless on my part but his face just turned bright red and he started trembling and shaking his head

i describe my current task as "jenkinss janitor" (when i'm not calling it "jenkems")

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

syscall girl posted:

so when g+ was a thing and everyone was excited to do hangouts a bunch of goons flooded the thing and so did a bunch of google employees

ended up talking to this guy in a multi-user hangout just because it was possible to do and kinda fun. he was a senior dev or somesuch

that's computer plant foreman to you, mr.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cocoa Crispies posted:

i describe my current task as "jenkinss janitor" (when i'm not calling it "jenkems")

jenkitor

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
wow g+ sure dropped dead so hard i only just got reminded it existed

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

i agree it's not bad

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

time is a circle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91iyxSzmSAI

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eUJYyJgsG4

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

video is gone, what was it?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

posted unironically in the android thread

Ola posted:

Surfing the web without ad block is like having a picnic next to a sewage pipe. Buying an ad supported phone is like sluicing the sewage directly into your kitchen.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

posted unironically in the android thread

they're not wrong.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

BONGHITZ posted:

video is gone, what was it?

if you put your finger on the right part of the phone while using 5ghz wifi (on certain channels) you lose connection

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Doc Block posted:

they're not wrong.

no they’re not except that android is an ad-driven operating system

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

DuckConference posted:

if you put your finger on the right part of the phone while using 5ghz wifi (on certain channels) you lose connection

holding

it

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

rong

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

remember that phone that was so bad it started dozens of fires and had to be pulled from the market? it's back!

quote:

Samsung plans to release a “fandom” edition of the Galaxy Note 7 that is ostensibly safer to use. The company was hit hard by around 3 million recalls of the Note 7 last October after multiple phones caught fire due to defective batteries that were prone to overheating. Samsung ended production on the device and began a months-long quest to get the device out of users’ hands as it worked out refunds and tried to repair its image.

This new refurbished edition, to be called the Galaxy Note 7 FE, will feature different components than the original device. It will hit stores on July 7th starting in South Korea, according to a report from The Wall Street Journal. It’s unclear how many units will be available elsewhere. Analysts told the WSJ that the Note 7 wouldn’t affect sales of the Galaxy S8, which is sporting a new pink version exclusive to Taiwan and has managed not to have its reputation sullied by the Note 7 debacle.

A number of people were reportedly still holding onto their Note 7s in January, despite the recall, either for convenience or sentimentality. So this edition might be a safe alternative for those who have a special place in their heart for the Note 7 and yet don’t want to catch on fire.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I'm wondering if these count as refurbs since they are certainly using parts they salvaged from their recalled units.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
im glad they're going for the double tap approach to their worst customers

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

im the mentally disabled anroid users arguing with airline personnel about how THEIR note 7 isn't one of the bad ones and it's ok to bring on board despite the global ban

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

qirex posted:

remember that phone that was so bad it started dozens of fires and had to be pulled from the market? it's back!

i look forward to people complaining to the FAA that the ban shouldn't count

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i look forward to it being a flop because the note 8 will come out and have better specs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

mishaq posted:

mentally disabled anroid users

but you repeat yourself