Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonna Send It
Jul 8, 2010

Ron Jeremy posted:

I've only used Whatsapp a couple times. Can you message just a number? I created a contact for this number and I can't send a message.

I ran into this too, you have to hit the menu and refresh the contact list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Have anybody's Chinese Mystery Seeds done much of anything?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Mine are strong, healthy tomato plants and cucumber plants. No fruited bodies yet though. Some strawberry and catnip plants also. Everything as advertised so far, very good germination rates.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Recently I've been buying some automatic belts on the site, you can buy full belt kits for like $10, a fraction of what you'd pay for at the store. So far they've been pretty good quality and look good too.

Also on the AE reddit there's a seller answering questions from people, you can get an interesting look at some of the policies for sellers and how they interact with customers.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Very good germination rates, seeds seem to be what was advertised. Just got back from a trip so I'll check my newer seedlings soon!

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Original_Z posted:

Recently I've been buying some automatic belts on the site, you can buy full belt kits for like $10, a fraction of what you'd pay for at the store. So far they've been pretty good quality and look good too.

:agreed:

Automatic belts own and I will never buy another kind again. The belt itself can usually be had for 2.50-3.50 and I've seen the buckles go on sale 3 for 9 dollars. You can also cut the belt to perfect the fit. I've gotten two black and two brown belts along with 5 buckles and I think I paid a total of like thirty dollars, maybe less

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

What is an automatic belt?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The belt part has plastic teeth in it that a little lever on the buckle falls into to hold it in place as opposed to holes or friction holding it in place

Blue Train fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jun 24, 2017

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

That looks dope.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Does that also work like a ratchet strap?

Katosabi posted:

Thanks to whoever mentioned Aooko, I ordered some Oakleys from his business partner Jeff. We'll see how they turn out.
Does the business partner Jeff have Whisker? I've been meaning to get those for a while but it looks like they stopped making them. Juliet would be pretty :krad: too, now that I think about it.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

mobby_6kl posted:

Does that also work like a ratchet strap?

Yes it does.

Very effective for midlife spread.

And yes, it does feel like I am ratcheting down a load when I put on my trousers. Heart-breakingly so.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Hm my seedlings were overwatered while I was gone. Will report in about weirder seed-to-plants in a few weeks.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

So, if you're like me (a fat girl who buys lingerie on Ali Express) you're probably noticed that most of the photos for clothes are very obviously stolen from somewhere. Most of the time it's from other online retailers, but sometimes you find a treasure.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...0612.0.0.F01rMS

Edit-apparently it's from a Chinese horror film called Any Other Side.

Ralph Crammed In fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jun 24, 2017

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Original_Z posted:

Also on the AE reddit there's a seller answering questions from people, you can get an interesting look at some of the policies for sellers and how they interact with customers.

Oh, this sounds great. Got some links?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
yes, link me this space age cybernetic belt which I have never heard of before for some reason.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Original_Z posted:

Interesting interview. There's a ratio between complaints and sales, if the ratio exceeds a certain percentage, the seller can't sell anything for a year. Might explain the panic when you don't like something.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

uber_stoat posted:

yes, link me this space age cybernetic belt which I have never heard of before for some reason.

If you search for "Automatic Belt" you'll get more results than you know what to do with and I assume that the majority of them are of similar quality since they're all priced around the same. Still, here are a couple of stores that I've used that have served me well:

https://cowatherbelt.aliexpress.com/store/810272
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1479283

mike12345 posted:

Interesting interview. There's a ratio between complaints and sales, if the ratio exceeds a certain percentage, the seller can't sell anything for a year. Might explain the panic when you don't like something.

One of the more interesting things they said is that the website and app are separate in terms of store and item rankings, and there are far more people that use the app so the ranking there is more important. That's why many stores give you a small discount for buying things on the app.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

subpar anachronism posted:

I absolutely love these giant jelly stampers for nail stamping. They are crystal clear, have a lot of give and squish, and the large size means a lot more light comes through them and makes it easy to see while the head can pick up several nails' worth of stamp from one large plate at once. I'm about to order some more. Anyone else have any beauty or cosmetics tools they've got and liked?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4cm...2671199308.html

I don't have links handy, but I've gotten a few larger, retangular stamping plates. They've all been very well-etched, give crisp images. Same stamping quality as my MoYou London plates, better than the dinky BM plates I never use.

They also come with edges so sharp they'll slice your finger open. I have metal files anyway, so filing the edges is NBD for me. Might be for someone else.

I'm trying to find a poo poo load of mini ping pong balls (around 1.25") for cheap, because I took my kid to a place like Chuck E. Cheese, but much better, and he traded his tickets for an air gun that shoots these. I'm having a hell of a time finding spares. The gun is no-name, obviously. I've trird a bunch of different search terms, keep getting badminton birdies. Hardly any regular ping pong balls, never mind mini ones.

If anyone sees or has ideas for keywords to help me find these things, please speak up.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Something like "ball bullets" or "shooting balls" or "plastic balls 30mm" might work. You gotta just be super generic. "beer pong balls" seems to be a surprisingly good search too if you just want regular ping-pong balls.

Something like these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/50p...2614986519.html ?

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jun 26, 2017

Gonna Send It
Jul 8, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

Does the business partner Jeff have Whisker? I've been meaning to get those for a while but it looks like they stopped making them. Juliet would be pretty :krad: too, now that I think about it.

Based on their website http://aooko.v.yupoo.com/ no, they don't.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Original_Z posted:

If you search for "Automatic Belt" you'll get more results than you know what to do with and I assume that the majority of them are of similar quality since they're all priced around the same. Still, here are a couple of stores that I've used that have served me well:

https://cowatherbelt.aliexpress.com/store/810272
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1479283

One of the more interesting things they said is that the website and app are separate in terms of store and item rankings, and there are far more people that use the app so the ranking there is more important. That's why many stores give you a small discount for buying things on the app.

Awesome. Thank you :tipshat:

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I have been looking on AliExpress for some camping gear because they seem to have a bunch of cheaper things like folding shovels and such for good prices. Also stuff like gas camping stoves which screw into butane canisters which look cool and good. Will post photos if and when I order some stuff prior to my next camping trip

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol please also post from the burn ward when your $2 gas stove explodes in your face

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Wamdoodle posted:

Awesome. Thank you :tipshat:

Same. I ordered this Deus Ex looking mofo.

Also you have to get them off of eBay because of AliExpress' rules against weapons but I just learned about toothpick crossbows and they are simultaneously adorable and evil so of course I had to buy one.

Also re: sticker bombing this retro travel label pack is great for base layers because all of them are simple geometric shapes so they cover lots of space. I finished covering the front and back of my junker for $30 and a lazy Sunday afternoon, it's gaudy as gently caress and I love it.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i use an aliexpress camping stove, but it's just an ethanol burner and im using it to replace one i built out of a literal beer can.

the listing is gone but it was one of these plus a trangia knockoff burner that fit into the top plate

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Out...ab-5b798988f233

and one of these kinda

ive used it a few times and it's p good

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Guy Mann posted:

Also you have to get them off of eBay because of AliExpress' rules against weapons but I just learned about toothpick crossbows and they are simultaneously adorable and evil so of course I had to buy one.

holy poo poo

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah in a surprisingly responsible move, China's banned these when they started spreading through schools.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-23/chinas-toothpick-crossbow-nightmare/8647770

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lol

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

"Milennials are spending too much time playing with their phones"

*builds literal siege weapon for fun*

"I take it all back, please go back to your phones"

Duh Ugh
May 27, 2008

PokeJoe posted:

i use an aliexpress camping stove, but it's just an ethanol burner and im using it to replace one i built out of a literal beer can.

the listing is gone but it was one of these plus a trangia knockoff burner that fit into the top plate

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Out...ab-5b798988f233

and one of these kinda

ive used it a few times and it's p good

Yeah, I have an alcohol stove I bought off Amazon a couple years back. Looked at them on Aliexpress and found the exact same stove 1/4th the price. Doh!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

hell yeah

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Goddamit, they're a bit too expensive for a useless toy but I just must. have. one.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Look at you and your single-shot crossbow.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Goddamn, there a world of tiny siege weaponry that I never knew about

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

theflyingexecutive posted:

lol please also post from the burn ward when your $2 gas stove explodes in your face

cool and good wood fired stove

potentially won't explode?

may actually cause user injury

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Look at you and your single-shot crossbow.

Gimmie gimmie gimmie! The link that is.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Needs red paint and a Mao portrait.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
This viral marketing for the Redwall movie is getting intense.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Nettle Soup posted:

Something like "ball bullets" or "shooting balls" or "plastic balls 30mm" might work. You gotta just be super generic. "beer pong balls" seems to be a surprisingly good search too if you just want regular ping-pong balls.

Something like these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/50p...2614986519.html ?

Oh dang, I don't know if those will work with the gun because it literally fwomps the balls out with air pressure, I don't know if foam would work. There's a black rubbery, uh, gasket? Thing? on the end. So it might not shoot foam ones. Or it might destory them.

You got closer than I have so far, though. That, but hollow "hard" plastic, is what I was originally looking for. Thank you.

I need to sit at an actual computer and just wade through 30 pages of really unspecific results, I think. Too much of a pain to do it on mobile, which is why I was trying to find the magic combo of search terms. I think I've exhausted them, though.

Also it's very annoying when I search for "(thing) XXmm" and it gives me stuff that is nowhere near the same mm. Or cm. If I meant 40cm I would have put that in there, what the heck.

It does this with most any measurement, I've noticed, I think it's a ploy to get people who are searching for something not carried/not listed to buy the wrong size, since a lot of people go entirely by picture and title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

Oh dang, I don't know if those will work with the gun because it literally fwomps the balls out with air pressure, I don't know if foam would work. There's a black rubbery, uh, gasket? Thing? on the end. So it might not shoot foam ones. Or it might destory them.

You got closer than I have so far, though. That, but hollow "hard" plastic, is what I was originally looking for. Thank you.

I need to sit at an actual computer and just wade through 30 pages of really unspecific results, I think. Too much of a pain to do it on mobile, which is why I was trying to find the magic combo of search terms. I think I've exhausted them, though.

Also it's very annoying when I search for "(thing) XXmm" and it gives me stuff that is nowhere near the same mm. Or cm. If I meant 40cm I would have put that in there, what the heck.

It does this with most any measurement, I've noticed, I think it's a ploy to get people who are searching for something not carried/not listed to buy the wrong size, since a lot of people go entirely by picture and title.
Are these too small? I can't tell what size they are.

10000pcs/bag Orbeez Paintball A Gun Balls Pistol Toy Gun Bomb Party Toys Shooting Water Gun Crystal Ball Soft Bullets
http://s.aliexpress.com/Ar2auAb2
(from AliExpress Android)