Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Deteriorata posted:

The main problem is with people with bad credit or no income not being able to understand why they can't get a $50k new car. They get indignant when he steers them to the $3000 beaters.

People are lovely when you tell them they can't have what they think they deserve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Actually people are lovely when they lend other people money they know they cannot pay back and profit with each failed loan.

dk2m
May 6, 2009
If you start out your life with a giant loan because of college, loans and debts are just normalized as part of life. This applies to cars as well.

The car companies are fine with it, the rate of bad debts accrued can be forecasted and offset if needed and they get a nice interest profit since most incentives have to go through their financial services dept. Not to mention keeping people hooked on changing their car every few years instead of owning it long term.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

But you need the new version of the infotainment system with Apple Car Fellacio right?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

dk2m posted:

If you start out your life with a giant loan because of college, loans and debts are just normalized as part of life. This applies to cars as well.

The car companies are fine with it, the rate of bad debts accrued can be forecasted and offset if needed and they get a nice interest profit since most incentives have to go through their financial services dept. Not to mention keeping people hooked on changing their car every few years instead of owning it long term.

Yeah they are fine with it now but the party is ending soon.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

It's always the same cycle. It happened in the 90s, more and more people were ending up upsidedown on their car loans and lenders got more and more lenient in order to incentives those people to keep buying in. Eventually people just got sick of it and the sportscar market collapsed and everybody went to frugal sedans or beaters. SUV market will collapse this time and life will go on.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jun 22, 2017

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

VideoTapir posted:

Autotrader says it's minus 1.3 inches from the sedan. Which does seem kinda weird.

The focus hatch is a shorter vehicle than the sedan in exterior dimensions.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

That's weird, logically I'd have thought the hatch would have better space overall being a hatch and not a solid "This is back of seat, car ends now"

I'm still in the "Planning a year or two ahead on a new car purchase" stage so that's actually useful to know in advance, thanks

Why don't the rear seats in hatches recline? That's always confused me.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

KillHour posted:

Why don't the rear seats in hatches recline? That's always confused me.

:pwn:

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 7, 2009

click clack POW, officer down
HI HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE YOUR 1984 CAR

https://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/6184807509.html

If you're going to make a listing that bad at least have the decency to put a hilariously high or amazingly low price, jeez

e: actual gold?

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/6161149150.html

TACTICAL SANDALS fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jun 22, 2017

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

"just a few small things to bring it back up to full drivability."

That equates to walk away in my mind.. It's never just a few small things.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Twerk from Home posted:

The focus hatch is a shorter vehicle than the sedan in exterior dimensions.

Civic hatch vs. sedan. They have identical wheelbases.

I'm going to guess this has something to do with having a cargo area that folds flat necessitating a different rear seat design.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

TACTICAL SANDALS posted:

If you're going to make a listing that bad at least have the decency to put a hilariously high or amazingly low price, jeez

If it was a manual I'd say actual gold.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

I'm guessing the rust is really bad otherwise Samurai prices are insane and that's a decent price for one that isn't messed with and drivable. You are much better off importing a 91+ Jimny from Japan instead though.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

keykey posted:

"just a few small things to bring it back up to full drivability."

That equates to walk away in my mind.. It's never just a few small things.

"The exhaust is mostly gone, the idle is a little rough but just needs a tune up and I had to put a piece of plywood under the floor mat because of the holes. Nothing major though."

Slack3r
Feb 20, 2004

TACTICAL SANDALS posted:

I know right?? I paid $1500 for mine last week (6/2017)..

(Moved from Photobucket to imgur today.. What a hassle. Thanks photobucket!

It should sell quickly at 2K. Regardless of the craptastic CL ad.

Slack3r fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jun 30, 2017

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Slack3r posted:

gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you. You got a thread for that thing?

Also, that lovely ad in Ronkonkoma is right around the corner from me. Small world.

Rotten Cookies fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 23, 2017

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/6154933364.html

Hmmmmm. Wonder if I could convince my wife to trade her Spectra5 for it?

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 7, 2009

click clack POW, officer down

Slack3r posted:

hhnnnnnnghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

nice score! how do you like it so far? i've honestly never even driven one but I'm pretty sure I want one for my next project vehicle.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

https://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/6167000800.html

It's a manual

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/6179880914.html

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/6171008633.html

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaamI3CFtG4

Smaller diameter wheels, and would.
Also, for fucks sake, clean off your camera lens, seller.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
See that Slack3r? You're just steps away from turning that investment into a cool $15,000!!

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Wally Joyner posted:

See that Slack3r? You're just steps away from turning that investment into a cool $15,000!!

It's free real estate.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
Driving my AMC around is how I met a couple that lived a few blocks away who owned a hump fendered Javelin, Ambassador, and 2 Eagles. One guy had a very nice wagon in the same scheme as what Rotten Cookies posted, and the other guy has a show-room condition brown Eagle with wood-grain. I still see him to this day driving that wagon around, and it's always pristine, complete with a stuffed Eagle suction cupped to the inside of the back-side window. Hell of a character, too.

AMC made acceptable wagons. Shouldn't have sold mine;

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

VW beetle with a v8

Slack3r
Feb 20, 2004

TACTICAL SANDALS posted:

hhnnnnnnghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

nice score! how do you like it so far? i've honestly never even driven one but I'm pretty sure I want one for my next project vehicle.

It's hard to drive with my raging boner in the way.

It's mostly like driving a big wonky 80s car. Power steering is over powered, the ride is smooth and the power is underwhelming. Still it's an absolute blast to drive around.

Front end..

The mighty 258.

Everything is there. Even the original hood release knob. Most everything works too. Will do some small repairs as I get time. Will maybe start a thread this weekend if I get time.

Aaaand it looks like PhotoBucket poo poo the bed. Need to find another hosting site I guess.

Slack3r fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 30, 2017

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

That is awesome, huge congrats to you. I've always wanted an Eagle, but AMC's in any condition are hard to find around here.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's not a kit car, it's a spartan II, they're worth decent money in good condition.

Buy it!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
125 hand built in UK.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Powershift posted:

It's not a kit car, it's a spartan II, they're worth decent money in good condition.

Buy it!

Only if it comes with a big hat and jewel encrusted cane.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
It looks like a decoration in an old lovely amusement park or a prop in a movie on MST3K. Someone message the seller and tell them I hate it.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

What am I missing here other than the bizarrely high and very specific asking price?
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/1994-porsche-928-gts-coupe/1275400089?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

A used car salesman on drugs.

https://porschecentrecalgary.com/inventory/used?sort_by=year&sort_direction=asc&limit=25&page=1&condition=used

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
It may be worth half that given its a penultimate year and desirable transmission/trim.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

DJ Commie posted:

It may be worth half that given its a penultimate year and desirable transmission/trim.

If it was an almost brand new 5 speed, it might be worth mid, maybe even high 5-figures to a 928 nut, but as it is it has 80k and is an auto. I'm sure it's nice but it's a $40s-K car, tops.

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop
i'm lolling at all those $70k + cayennes.

i mean, they're legit a real good offroader. but there are tonnes of them around 10k CDN, around here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Holy gently caress, that blue CTR