Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

OxMan posted:

It takes bad jasoning, but if you call jarvis and no one is dead, itll pull from escapees.

bad luck sometimes. I once spawned in in the house next to the boat with the prop there. An Chappa spawned in the cabin next to me, with the gas, we were out in under 1:30.

best part was all the pubbies bitching about how we could have gone to the 4 seater with the gas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

"Video is unavailable" :rip:

Leprechad found the keys to youtube!

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

So many rounds as Jason today deprived of 7/7 or 8/8 because of ragequitters. :( Although the best one was the chinese dude yelling "gently caress YOU JASON" over and over because I kept hitting him with knives when he tried to heal in front of me.

Oh well, exp's still good. Went from 23 to 29.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Ran into some guys using some sort of wall exploit on Packanack. They were inside the stairs in the house and I couldn't hit them :(.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Would you say that these people were... under the stairs?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lastdancer posted:

Would you say that these people were... under the stairs?

People Under The Stairs?

Doesn't sound very likely.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Yardbomb posted:

"Video is unavailable" :rip:

It works for me.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Axetrain posted:

Ran into some guys using some sort of wall exploit on Packanack. They were inside the stairs in the house and I couldn't hit them :(.

A couple times I ran into a thing in the main lodge where they appear to be on a lower floor but you can't harm them. Their hitbox is actually on the second floor above them.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Yardbomb posted:

We just got out in like 4 minutes, 4 of us all spawned near the 4-door, the battery was right next to the car, the gas was like halfway down the path and the keys too.

This was the worst poo poo in the world as the Jason during that game, because yall got that car rolling before I even had my shift ready, and the map teleport cooldown is still incredibly long at that point. Teleported once, you drove past me, welp. That's it. see ya, GG

it was total bullshit, and also, kind of great

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Kelp Plankton posted:

This was the worst poo poo in the world as the Jason during that game, because yall got that car rolling before I even had my shift ready, and the map teleport cooldown is still incredibly long at that point. Teleported once, you drove past me, welp. That's it. see ya, GG

it was total bullshit, and also, kind of great

The flipside is the 4 seater and the phone box being within 2 meters of eachother on Packanack.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
I feel like Jasons are getting better a lot faster than the counselors are now. It might be the hours that I am playing but lately, everyone is getting wiped almost every round.

I have a 35% ice cold perk that makes getting stuff from dead bodies a lot easier so most games if I escape it's because I found everything I needed on other dead players. That combined with sense avoidance and lone wolf means that around mid game I just take a swing by the places people are likely to die and go through their stuff. Then take a forest path to where ever it needs to go. I have yet to have Jason come after me when I am in the woods.

I am getting kind of bored playing lone wolf A.J. So I think I am going to try aggressive buggzy now. Last night with my 13,000 cp I got a 39% stun increase with the baseball bat, a 35% thick skin and a 11% melee damage increase. Tell me how to play buggzy.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Shemp the Stooge posted:

Tell me how to play buggzy.

Run around because you have great stamina + speed and horrible stealth anyway, play pointman for people fixing stuff and bop Jason.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

I just rolled two epic perks in a row. The first one was a joke, Quiet Swimmer with 23% sense avoidance in the water at a cost of 3% increased fear penalty, but the second one was pretty good, Spatial Awareness, 24% avoidance of stumble with a 0% penalty.

Meanwhile, I can't roll even a common Thick Skinned to save my rear end.

I'm getting a little sick of seeing Jason 3, he really is the easiest Jason to use. I played him a couple of times just to check out the new skin, and I killed a couple of counselors each round just knocking out windows and catching them with the tip of my axe because his melee is so strong. Playing against someone using melee exclusively with Jason 3 is a chore (this might be exacerbated by my playing Deborah).

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Jason 3 is also the default basic jason so newbies and pubbies will use him.

Also: my sound keeps dying and its killing my game experience patch this poo poo goddammit!!

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Just had my first game where a Jason went 0/8. The cops were called in the first minute with the epic cop time reduction perk, and there ended up being a pack of 5 counselors with 2 baseball bats, 2 flare guns, and Tommy Jarvis just running up the main road together that ended up steamrolling over Jason when he tried to stop them. It felt pretty good.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Rolled 46% Damage Resistance :smug:

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

Tomahawk posted:

Rolled 46% Damage Resistance :smug:

Wow, that's impressive. What is the absolute max you can get?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I really wish Jason's traps showed up as a color other than red on the map, since the map is generally blue-ish and the objectives and important things red why not let the traps be green? Something that would easily stand out when you go to check if somebody has disarmed something or not while you weren't looking.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Just picked this up on PS4. Wife ran a game as AJ where she called the cops before repairing the boat in its entirety. She gets into the boat to start it, Jason tips it, she swims to shore and is grabbed. While she's knifing him, Chad and Chubs hop into the boat and drive away.

She runs to the cops and escapes. She spectates, only to watch a Deborah get strangled followed by another Deborah miss with the shotgun and get ganked. Boat people aren't visible, so we assumed they escaped.

End of game, Jason ended up killing 6/7.

Chadding doesn't pay. :smug:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Shemp the Stooge posted:

I feel like Jasons are getting better a lot faster than the counselors are now. It might be the hours that I am playing but lately, everyone is getting wiped almost every round.

Don't know about those other players but on my third time playing as Jason I had a match where I wiped out every single player, except for that one bastard who always loving quits. Not sure how I've played as Jason in like 3 out of the 5 matches I've played so far, I'm guessing it's the fact that I'm getting matchmaking against other newbies and they haven't figured out how to set their preferences yet.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
So, If I have identifed a new ways players are cheating, and have footage of it - how do I share it in a way that doesn't reveal the method to every shitlord on reddit who wants to cheat?

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

a cock shaped fruit posted:

So, If I have identifed a new ways players are cheating, and have footage of it - how do I share it in a way that doesn't reveal the method to every shitlord on reddit who wants to cheat?

You mean to get it patched? Email the devs I guess.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
email it to me and ill pass it along. my uncle works there

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

lmao i don't think so jason, you'll never get me inside harry potter's cupboard under the stairs

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Phyresis posted:

lmao i don't think so jason, you'll never get me inside harry potter's cupboard under the stairs

His mask looks like a little smiley-faced clown man.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
lmao, the cabin warning trigger is only at the threshhold of the cabin, if you exploit through the cabin wall you can ninja the sweater without jason ever finding out

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Phyresis posted:

Looks like you are protected.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

next dlc

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I swear Random Counselor is broken. I got LaChappa 5 times in a row last night :shepicide:

Also Jason voice gimmicks are fun and good. Went 4/8 last night I don't care because I got everyone in the full 4-seater laughing their asses off at being chased by a NES Jason who only spoke in Sinistar voice clips

:newlol:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Icedude posted:

I swear Random Counselor is broken. I got LaChappa 5 times in a row last night :shepicide:

Also Jason voice gimmicks are fun and good. Went 4/8 last night I don't care because I got everyone in the full 4-seater laughing their asses off at being chased by a NES Jason who only spoke in Sinistar voice clips

:newlol:

Yeah, I've started using my steam username (A Cat) as a gimmick and it's gotten some pretty good reactions. Sometimes I meow at people when I kill them or chase them down while singing the Meow Mix jingle.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Is one of you Wraith108 on XBox?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Host it on YouTube with a gibberish name like "ratherturtlegrubbiedubbiepoop" and only share the link here.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Host it on YouTube with a gibberish name like "ratherturtlegrubbiedubbiepoop" and only share the link here.

Or just make it unlisted :v:

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Hockles posted:

Is one of you Wraith108 on XBox?

That's me! I literally just got the game. What should my first 500 points go on? I tried to have my first game but ended up getting kicked a few minutes into it. Is the screen going glitchy like old vhs tape a sign Jason is close?

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jun 24, 2017

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Danaru posted:

Or just make it unlisted :v:

I'm not tech savvy in the slightest. How dare you.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Anime_Otaku posted:

That's me! I literally just got the game. What should my first 500 points go on? I tried to have my first game but ended up getting kicked a few minutes into it. Is the screen going glitchy like old vhs tape a sign Jason is close?

Play for a bit and advance a couple levels, then buy some perks. The VHS effect means Jason has shifted or morphed nearby. The music cues should let you know if he walks close to you.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So, we had another rousing match of Science Camp today!

Also I was a Jason and killed a bunch of people and hunted down a Chad successfully but that's neither here nor there

So the first round of Science Camp featured us loving around. We wanted to get a game of Jousting going, but ironically couldn't get the second car to spawn in three attempts. So instead, the first major test we did was how far the shotgun spreads.

We also did a sub test, is the shotgun magic?

The answer to both may surprise you. Yes, the shot gun is in fact magic, and it spreads where ever the gently caress it wants. So we got everyone but Terry together shoulder to shoulder, Jason slightly behind LastDancer and I THINK Machete? Last Dancer was at the center, so I aimed it directly at his dick and stood way back.

The shotgun hit literally everyone to the left of him. We're talking two full bodies away. Jason, Vargerd and another person. Dancer? Was untouched. loving Leprechad and his magic bending luck.

No one was more stunned than I was. So basically, anything vaguely in front of you is subject to getting shot by the shotgun.

If some one has a shotgun, stay behind them at all times.

We also found the maze inside of Packanack and Harry Potter's bedroom!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Icedude posted:

I thought it'd be funny to play as NES Jason using NES Jason's "rules" i.e. you can only attack by moving back and forward and striking once, no Shift ability, and spend a lot of time hiding out in the buildings with the Stalk ability. And of course strafing a lot when you're in a building. Maybe keep this on loop on the mic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfqPnkwrYak

Don't know if kids these days would really get it. They probably think of NES Jason as "Vaporwave Jason" or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

King Vidiot posted:

I thought it'd be funny to play as NES Jason using NES Jason's "rules" i.e. you can only attack by moving back and forward and striking once, no Shift ability, and spend a lot of time hiding out in the buildings with the Stalk ability. And of course strafing a lot when you're in a building. Maybe keep this on loop on the mic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfqPnkwrYak

Don't know if kids these days would really get it. They probably think of NES Jason as "Vaporwave Jason" or something.

I've wanted to play the scare chord whenever I spot someone :v:

• Locked thread