Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Lawlicaust posted:

Short-term, sprint upgrades and bag space. Long-term, AP/SP without having to grind.

Well yes, but once you max your weapons, what are they going to do? Add more AP/SP sinks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Lawlicaust posted:

Because they wanted to reset the economy and skills. Hard to sell anything to anyone when they have millions of Pax.

There are a lot of UI upgrade and skill/animation overhauls. But that's an expansion for any other game.

I am ok with this since they often gently caress up the economy at the start, it gives them another chance to gently caress it up

star trek onlines economy is so bad they had to increase the amount of money you could hold and that could be on the auction house to several billion

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Tallgeese posted:

Well yes, but once you max your weapons, what are they going to do? Add more AP/SP sinks?

Well that's not going to happen for months at best.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am up to 4 argatha caches now that I have left the first zone

they really need to do the useful and let me use them as a lovely upgrade material

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i started a new dragon character, killed the gravekeeper in the little dream zone, picked up the lever he dropped & tried to put it on the door, and then the game overheated my laptop and forced it to shutdown. when I loaded it back up, I don't have a lever, it tells me to pick up the lever from the gravekeeper's body which is not there, and there's nothing else to do in the area!

i sure missed you, secret world :glomp:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Richard M Nixon posted:

Everyone who is online right now was invited except Brometheus who is ignoring them. Everyone who is in the cabal can invite other goons, so it should go faster now.

Alt-tab closes all the open UI windows you have, which is retarded. I guess I have to rebind the alt key.

Sorry, went to the bathroom without logging out.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Third World Reggin posted:

I am ok with this since they often gently caress up the economy at the start, it gives them another chance to gently caress it up

star trek onlines economy is so bad they had to increase the amount of money you could hold and that could be on the auction house to several billion

The Aurum exchange is already slightly hosed from the press preview people. They've been playing for a week and have lots of Marks. So they bought a ton of Aurum off the AH for cheap as soon as it went on sale and own most of the market now. Spectacular idea Funcom, let all the rear end in a top hat streamers take over the economy.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Aw man. Someone reserved the name i've had since release. Fare thee well, Tombs the obnoxiously dressed occult hipster. You'll be missed. :(

Also holy loving poo poo, did my character just make a sound? Coughing is progress!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I'm not sure how to make my own build as I've always just followed other people's ideas before. Any tips/tricks?

I'm gonna try Fist/Elementalism for Brometheus, because broes fight with their fists and he stole barbecue from the gods to give it to man.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm not sure how to make my own build as I've always just followed other people's ideas before. Any tips/tricks?

I'm gonna try Fist/Elementalism for Brometheus, because broes fight with their fists and he stole barbecue from the gods to give it to man.

Single target abilities on your primary weapon, AoE on your secondary (unless you are using only one weapon like Blade/Shotgun). Have a basic attack and 1 single target power for your primary. Secondary is AoE power attack only. Get one self healing skill. Get an elite damage skill from your primary weapon. Get some other weapon from either that is an expose or stun.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Do any of the old Lore marker mods still work?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

poptart_fairy posted:

Do any of the old Lore marker mods still work?

Lore is in pretty much the same positions with a few exceptions so they should.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Lawlicaust posted:

Single target abilities on your primary weapon, AoE on your secondary (unless you are using only one weapon like Blade/Shotgun). Have a basic attack and 1 single target power for your primary. Secondary is AoE power attack only. Get one self healing skill. Get an elite damage skill from your primary weapon. Get some other weapon from either that is an expose or stun.

Thanks, will check that out tomorrows (today is Quebec's national day so :quebec:)

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So if I didn't claim rewards back in TSW like the preorder weapons and such are they still going to transfer?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Archonex posted:

So if I didn't claim rewards back in TSW like the preorder weapons and such are they still going to transfer?
No, you have to claim stuff first.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Hah.

My girlfriend reserved Principality. It's an invalid name, and they didn't let her reserve another. Typical.

Celebrity Ghost
Sep 26, 2007

Have they mentioned if the barbershop is coming back? I'm fickle and decided I want to change my hair already but they seem to be closed.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Pilchenstein posted:

No, you have to claim stuff first.

gently caress sakes. It's literally sitting in the shop inventory and is assigned to me. What a stupid way to handle things.

I already transferred. Wonder if I can get support to fix that?

And apparently I missed a lore segment in the Ground Zero subway mission.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Are cabals cross faction now?]

YOU CANT MAKE ME READ THE OP OK!? (They are)

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Here's some guild stuff to add to the op.

Playing with goons
We have a cross-faction cabal (guild) "Lowtax's Bees" (pending a vote for rename) for general shitposting, dungeon running, and erotic roleplay. You need to be online for an invite. Post your in-game username and someone will invite you. Everyone in the cabal (as of June) can invite, so it shouldn't be a long wait.

Speaking with goons
You can join our Discord channel/server/thing for out-of-game chat and VOIP so we can all hear your spergy voice and laugh at it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Archonex posted:

gently caress sakes. It's literally sitting in the shop inventory and is assigned to me. What a stupid way to handle things.

I already transferred. Wonder if I can get support to fix that?

And apparently I missed a lore segment in the Ground Zero subway mission.

Sanctuary says it shows up in the musrum(?) I think

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

That lore in the subway is supposed to be somewhere else in the game too, so it's not lost forever.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran
In as Matt, I'll take a cabal invite

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Awesome. I appreciate the heads up on the lore marker.

Still, loving hell. If they can't get the transfer stuff right I don't have much hope for the game going forwards. Pirates of the Burning Sea had the same problem and immediately tanked due to players quitting out of frustration out of losing stuff they'd had for years.

Contacted support, hopefully I can get that sorted out.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Have any Kingmouth quests turned up bugged so far? I can't really go by anything said in genchat because, well, it's genchat.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

M_Sinistrari posted:

Have any Kingmouth quests turned up bugged so far? I can't really go by anything said in genchat because, well, it's genchat.

I've been ignoring chat mostly but my personal experience has been bug-free as far as quests go.

Kenby
Apr 26, 2012

In as Kenby if I could get an invite please.

Love that you can't swing a hammer unless the reticle is over the tiny hitboxes and then your swings only hit a single target. :thinking emoji:

Archonex posted:

Still, loving hell. If they can't get the transfer stuff right I don't have much hope for the game going forwards. Pirates of the Burning Sea had the same problem and immediately tanked due to players quitting out of frustration out of losing stuff they'd had for years.

I can't believe that game is still running. It was such a blast when it was alive.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

could I please get an invite, my name is Ledeces

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

M_Sinistrari posted:

Savage Coast has one, Jack's Back, but that one has been bugged and fixed so many times that it comes as no surprise.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Richard M Nixon posted:

I've been ignoring chat mostly but my personal experience has been bug-free as far as quests go.

From what I've seen in chat so far, apparently it doesn't matter how much one played TSW, changing over to SWL makes you completely forget how to do questlines that haven't changed.

mincedgarlic
Jan 4, 2005

I've been blown up, take me to the hospital.

I'll take an invite on Sayid pls, thx

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost
Invite as Goyf please

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Has anyone managed to get the auto_login/auto_teleport scripts working for joining chat channels? Everyone is telling me they work exactly the same as they did in TSW and just to copy the folder over but when I do that it cockdrops the entire chat system and I can only access say and LFG. :v:

Edit: or maybe chat in general is just hosed right now? :shrug:

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 24, 2017

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

bug free but in that second zone, there is a quest at the motel satan that requires you to kill some guys and destroy some portals and that circle is a lie for where you can find them easily

Prygelknabe
Mar 31, 2009

He had a baseball bat, and I was tied to a chair. Pissing him off was the smart thing to do.
Send me an invite to the cabal, please. Name's Prygelknabe, same as here.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Pilchenstein posted:

Has anyone managed to get the auto_login/auto_teleport scripts working for joining chat channels? Everyone is telling me they work exactly the same as they did in TSW and just to copy the folder over but when I do that it cockdrops the entire chat system and I can only access say and LFG. :v:

Edit: or maybe chat in general is just hosed right now? :shrug:

My auto scripts worked just fine. Are you getting a notification that you've been dropped from the community server? I've had that a few times.

Pryce
May 21, 2011
Invite DoctorDake when someone has a sec? Thanks!

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
Looking for an invite as Morinfen, thanks.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran
I only played a little bit at release so pretty much everything is new to me now, but how do you get the currency to buy the pets/mounts in the agartha shops? It's a round icon that I don't recognize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

M2tt posted:

I only played a little bit at release so pretty much everything is new to me now, but how do you get the currency to buy the pets/mounts in the agartha shops? It's a round icon that I don't recognize.

The round one is third age fragments - they come from opening the paid item caches. I haven't opened one yet so I don't know how many fragments we get per cache.

Some pets are bought with aurum (money) or marks of favor.