Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

mind the walrus posted:

The stygian wormhole of existential terror and abject horror that is the Sonic fandom is the only thing redeeming everything Sonic related from 1994-2010 when Colors came out. Throwing pennies down that well gave me more enjoyment than Sonic 1, CD, and Sonic 3&K did. I actually think 2 is pretty well-designed considering.

Playing Sonic 2 with a friend is basically "poo poo i'm gonna dodge everything, just kill eggman because you can't die"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Like for real when are we gonna have a Sonic game where he just runs around swinging Tails by his tails like nunchucks and beating robots to death with the lifeless body of his dead friend

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Twelve Batmans posted:

Games with good fishing games in them:

Breath of Fire III
Breath of Fire IV

Uuuhh... list more please. I love fishing minigames.

Legend of the River King 2 for GBC owned. It has elements of Harvest Moon and Pokemon with Fishing. I only played the Gameboy versions, so I don't know how the PS2 and DS versions stack up.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Caesar Saladin posted:

I think that people with autism interpret Sonic differently or something. This isn't even a joke, I think with the speed and memorisation and patterns and simple expressive animal people faces, it just appeals to the autistic brain

This makes a lot of sense.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Caesar Saladin posted:

I think that people with autism interpret Sonic differently or something. This isn't even a joke, I think with the speed and memorisation and patterns and simple expressive animal people faces, it just appeals to the autistic brain

sonic is "cool" as like a core character trait. what is cool? how do you be cool? i dunno. but sonic is always "cool"

he has all of these friends that hang around him for no reason really. its just sonic and friends

the story is melodramatic and takes itself very seriously but lacks any clear details

he turns into goku

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Haier posted:

Legend of the River King 2 for GBC owned. It has elements of Harvest Moon and Pokemon with Fishing. I only played the Gameboy versions, so I don't know how the PS2 and DS versions stack up.

Oh dip I remember this from Nintendo Power back in the day. It looked really good. Never picked it up for w/e reason though.

nigga crab pollock posted:

the story is melodramatic and takes itself very seriously but lacks any clear details
Apparently the Sonic comics have some epic and deadly serious continuity that spans a handful of writers over twenty years. I have never once paid attention to the details, but I know it's there.

Caesar Saladin posted:

I think you'd have to be moderate-to-low functioning to see it that way, or maybe just come from one of the hundreds of thousands of homes unequipped to raise an autistic kid.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
its moreso that you have like twenty years of games that don't give a poo poo about the details but will throw in references to previous works because its not like they have to start over from scratch every time. the lack of any other grounding detail means that you can probably shoehorn them together into some sort of continuity if you are an autistic wikia fandom writer despite, uh, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhlOoUAZw0M

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
oh my god they literally say 'spare the details' multiple times thats brilliant

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Fishing games
Are
For Autists

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Autism bad

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

its moreso that you have like twenty years of games that don't give a poo poo about the details but will throw in references to previous works because its not like they have to start over from scratch every time. the lack of any other grounding detail means that you can probably shoehorn them together into some sort of continuity if you are an autistic wikia fandom writer despite, uh, this:

Within 90 seconds:

"All our satellites are down"
*Incoming transmission directly to the Presidents limo, which is in transit*
"Sonic, I got the trace!"
"Mr. President, our agent in the field is contacting us."

Spare the details, indeed.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I just got the PC-port of Sonic CD that rebuilt the engine from the ground up and locked the framerate at 60 fps and.... it's actually really good. It's not amazing or anything, it still has that problem where you can run fast or explore the level and never-ever-both, but poo poo like not being able to anticipate enemies to stop you and controlling your jumps is way way better. It's like $2 on the Steam Sale. You've spent more on fast food this week, so why the gently caress not?

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Because my fursuit is at the cleaners.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

VideoTapir posted:

Because my fursuit is at the cleaners.

:vince::vince::vince:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

lol is that comic sans

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

:stare:

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Nier Automata? It sucks.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

All I know about Nier Automata is that it is a sequel to a cult jrpg whose lead character is a literal rear end in a white thong with an underage girl robot welded on.

There is no way that doesn't suck.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

It looks terrible

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

A new one from the steam sale:

Despite hype, Shadow of Mordor sucks. So maybe the system for the rival dudes is good but I'm never going to see that because I had no idea I just bought Batman and/or Mad Max again, both of which had one cool thing with a ton of annoying minute to minute mechanics.

I'm saying that all beaters are trash and while watching the execution animations is cool, it makes not a game.

Also I have to eat some of my words about indie pixel art side scrollers AND zombie games because I picked up The Last Station and it's really cool and good.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
My dream game is a Streets of Rage remake that uses the Batman Arkham combat system.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
My dream game is the original Mass Effect, but with no character interactions, dialogue or story whatsoever.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

The Dennis System posted:

My dream game is the original Mass Effect, but with no character interactions, dialogue or story whatsoever.

Power_of_the_glory
Feb 14, 2012

Then you will love No Man's Sky.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

My perfect dream videogame is like a pile of money on my kitchen table irl

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

ahh just super clunky shooting, sounds awesome

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

My dream game is Little Nemo

hahahahahahahah

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
What we all need is a next-gen ECCO the Dolphin game.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Me dream game features a ham-fisted handling of a philosophical issue and is universally lauded by critics for daring to provoke deep concepts in gamers

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

My dream game is a design document made from a combined effort by Peter Molyneux, Richard Garriott, and Brad McQuaid. After the initial design, it is executed by Blizzard and the designers don't see any of it until it is released. Either the game will be amazing or it'll be poo poo. Either way the designers will be horribly disappointed in themselves because their ideas sucked or their ideas were good but they realize that they could never have made it happen by their own efforts.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

signalnoise posted:

Me dream game features a ham-fisted handling of a philosophical issue and is universally lauded by critics for daring to provoke deep concepts in gamers

?

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Saints Row IV was completely ruined by the oversight of not allowing you to shoot guns while super jumping and it was already hot garbage to begin with. They just ripped off Prototype/Hulk Ultimate Destruction

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

For some reaosn the bigges tthing that turned me off was the fact that you were in a virtual world within the game

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

signalnoise posted:

Are you dissing a specific game here, like Nier Automata or Bioshock Infinite, or just any game that tries to be deep?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the deep philosophical issue of this game is making players think what might have been if they had gone ahead with making this a 3d platforming game starring yoshi, instead of nintendo passing on it and turning that character and franchise into dumb poo poo for babies by making yoshi's story instead

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

sonic is "cool" as like a core character trait. what is cool? how do you be cool? i dunno. but sonic is always "cool"

he has all of these friends that hang around him for no reason really. its just sonic and friends

he turns into goku

i dunno man i feel like the game where a space colony jettisons it's lower half to become an eggman shaped death star isn't really taking itself that seriously.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

Are you dissing a specific game here, like Nier Automata or Bioshock Infinite, or just any game that tries to be deep?

Not dissing the games, more dissing the reviews industry for being super impressed

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Vakal posted:

My dream game is a Streets of Rage remake that uses the Batman Arkham combat system.
would you settle for just a plain Streets of Rage-like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iR8wwBhYPM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3CTqTzkgZQ

I just want more SoR

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Elfgames posted:

i dunno man i feel like the game where a space colony jettisons it's lower half to become an eggman shaped death star isn't really taking itself that seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CiqUOkv6dg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Literally A Person posted:

What we all need is a next-gen ECCO the Dolphin game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaILKL8a5Z0