Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is going to be your favorite offseason storyline?
This poll is closed.
The Big3 Tourney 67 22.41%
Will Lakers draft Ball 40 13.38%
Where will the Pauls go 54 18.06%
Will LeBron jump ship to the Spurs or ?? 41 13.71%
Will every team in the league just pivot towards tanking 97 32.44%
Total: 210 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Libertine posted:

The LMA hate is fair because he was about as effective as 2017 Richard Jefferson in the playoffs.

Wasn't LMA playing with an injured hip a lot of this year or did I misread that somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Spacebump posted:

Wasn't LMA playing with an injured hip a lot of this year or did I misread that somewhere?

If he was I never heard about it. Would help explain his performance more anyways.

Who is Adam Hanga by the way I heard about him errantly a few times in these threads and once on the draft cast. Is he a guy the Spurs have been stashing?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Spacebump posted:

That would excuse his poor play but doesn't explain why his people would be grumbling about him being unhappy and wanting a trade. The guy just has a poo poo attitude.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

R.D. Mangles posted:

derrick rose is the least spursy guy to ever spurs

They need to get Boris Diaw back. If Spursness was a person, it would be Boris Diaw.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Libertine posted:

If he was I never heard about it. Would help explain his performance more anyways.

Who is Adam Hanga by the way I heard about him errantly a few times in these threads and once on the draft cast. Is he a guy the Spurs have been stashing?

long time spurs stash who just won euroleague dpoy.

limited offense, good defense, very athletic. plays wing

ChickenMedium posted:

They need to get Boris Diaw back. If Spursness was a person, it would be Boris Diaw.

umm, spursiness is a person and his name is tim duncan

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Klay enjoying a trip to China.
https://twitter.com/guga31bb/status/878650130458652672

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Actually lol

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

hahahaha

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
STOP DABBING DUDE
That shatter just made you humiliate our NATION

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Vertical by Chocolate Milk

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Writing fan fiction about the spurs being bad now is the ultimate off season tradition.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Spurs roster doesn't matter as long as Kawhi is on the team. If anything, they should just punt this year so they have like infinite cap space next year.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
"danny green only shot 38% from 3 and patty mills is leaving in free agency, spurs are hosed now!"

yeah, it was patty mills and danny green's shooting variance all along. that's why they were good.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Libertine posted:

He's the longtime stash that's coming over. In searching for the answer I found this informative post which featured a video of Zlejko Rebraca dominating Michael Jordan in the preseason
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zeOG7Ki5eA

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2017/6/14/15803864/san-antonio-spurs-adam-hanga-nba-longest-draft-stashes

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i was hesitant to click on a klay thompson video cause it is generally preceded by "hes So Zany And Likeable!!! :xd:" and then its him being an incredibly boring, swaggerless dude who no one should ever speak to but i trusted in you and you delivered

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Spacebump posted:

He had a knee thing in the playoffs.

He reinjured his hip against OKC in game 3 the year before. I'm of the opinion that his hip is not injured but not quite right if you know what I mean. Then again maybe it's not that and he was just too lazy and that's why he's fat.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cool Buff Man posted:

Big and strong and defensive minded but not great at shot blocking

His name should be Bam

future NBA MVP and multiple DPOY, you say? this is the kinda hard hitting analysis i come here for.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

PantsFreeZone posted:

future NBA MVP and multiple DPOY, you say? this is the kinda hard hitting analysis i come here for.

He had more dunks in a season at Kentucky than Anthony Davis!

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Dejan Bimble posted:

Demar DeRoazan idolizes Kobe so much that he became identical to late career Kobe, scoring a lot of points while being a net negative. Toronto needs to trade him to the Pacers for Paul George, before everyone figures it out

I've definitely had the thought "George is going to end up a Raptor or something dumb"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

quote:

“We knew [Butler being traded] was likely. Quite honestly, I thought that he was going to be traded last summer,” said Ainge. “He’s a terrific player.

“But we’ve had many conversations with [the Bulls] over the last couple years. We just couldn’t get anything done.”

Asked whether any of those conversations had occurred in the past week, Ainge replied, “No. No.”

There’s another reason Ainge can’t pin this one 

Ainge: I didn't make a trade because the asking price is too high

*Butler traded for pennies on the dollar*

Ainge: Well I could have gotten him if I really wanted to

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Brolander posted:

I've definitely had the thought "George is going to end up a Raptor or something dumb"

That would be veddy interethtink!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So does Ainge not realize that if he goes with the order of operation instead of actually getting the all-nba talent when it's available, it gives the Pacers all the leverage? If the Celtics get Hayward, the Pacers get to ask for whatever they want as opposed to like....scraps before.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

WhyteRyce posted:

Ainge: I didn't make a trade because the asking price is too high

*Butler traded for pennies on the dollar*

Ainge: Well I could have gotten him if I really wanted to

Not sure how you're getting that from the quote

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Tae posted:

So does Ainge not realize that if he goes with the order of operation instead of actually getting the all-nba talent when it's available, it gives the Pacers all the leverage? If the Celtics get Hayward, the Pacers get to ask for whatever they want as opposed to like....scraps before.

? The Celtics would only deal for George if an extension was in place, what difference does that make? Do you think they'd be upset if they just ended up with Hayward? Of course it would cost a lot to get PG on an extension

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Maybe Ainge doesn't really want Butler or PG because he doesn't think they are in the top tier, while some prospect still has a chance to be.

He makes a move, hes locked in and the team becomes expensive and inflexible, and his fortunes will be tied to a not good enough ship.

I get his thinking.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Ainge is trying to build a team for 2020, not 2018. He wants to dominate after LeBron declines.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Femur posted:

Maybe Ainge doesn't really want Butler or PG because he doesn't think they are in the top tier, while some prospect still has a chance to be.

He makes a move, hes locked in and the team becomes expensive and inflexible, and his fortunes will be tied to a not good enough ship.

I get his thinking.

I don't disagree either. You need both to compete, and that's still probably not a team that beats GS without an injury.

Is there some way to send LMA to Boston and get the Spurs space to sign Millsap? Millsap is EXTREMELY Spursian.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Strawberry Panda posted:

Ainge is trying to build a team for 2020, not 2018. He wants to dominate after LeBron declines.

Fultz would have been a good player to have then!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

Fultz would have been a good player to have then!

As would Butler, tbh.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Strawberry Panda posted:

The way he appears to be building things, by the time the young guns are ready to help, IT and Horford will have already needed replacement. It seems more like he is trying to build a team for 2024.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

He's the longtime stash that's coming over. In searching for the answer I found this informative post which featured a video of Zlejko Rebraca dominating Michael Jordan in the preseason

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2017/6/14/15803864/san-antonio-spurs-adam-hanga-nba-longest-draft-stashes

quote:

But six years? That’s an eternity. Dozens of careers from the 2011 draft have gone through the entire life cycle of growing, blooming, withering, and dying in the last half dozen years: Jeremy Tyler, Jordan Hamilton, MarShon Brooks, Nolan Smith, Jimmer Fredette, Jan Vesely, among many others. Picked 59th overall, Hanga will now finally get a chance, at age 28, to prove that San Antonio was justified in taking him one slot ahead of Isaiah Thomas.
Yikes

Should put a Sabonis trigger warning on this article though, I hate being reminded of what could've been in the NBA.
Wish I could root for his son but he got drafted by anathema

Anyway I'm cautiously optimistic on Hanga, i don't expect a whole lot but I think we can develop him and whether or not we keep DG or Juice, Hanga should come with translatable defensive skill at least
The only problem is typing his name accurately takes a lot of effort. Ádám

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ammanas posted:

dejounte murray is raw as f but promising
parker has lost like 2 steps AND just had a really bad quad injury
patty mills??
ginobili is a mid-level bench player and might retire
danny green can't hit a shot
simmons is leaving, someone will pay him more than 1.5 million
LMA is a bitch, maybe gone
david lee is probably gone, someone gonna pay him
pau will resign but is half-cooked
dedmon might leave for a decent payday

maybe they'lll sign cp3, which will be great until he's injured

holy gently caress whats going on with the spurs lmao
Even with great coaching and management, you can't keep it going forever

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

"Zeljko Rebraca Blocks, Yells, Falls, Dunks, Yells More "

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

Even with great coaching and management, you can't keep it going forever
IT WILL NEVER END

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Would Patty Mills be good on the Wolves? I ask this because this would more tightly concentrate a bunch of my favourite things.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cool Buff Man posted:

Not sure how you're getting that from the quote

Ainge routine defense after he fails to make a deal is that the price was too steep. Which is fine I guess. But when an actual star ends up getting traded for nothing and he can't use that excuse he pivots and says he wasn't even actively having discussions with them that week (but he totally tried in the past) so it's not like he could have made a deal. Basically Ainge always seems to have some excuse for why he didn't make a move.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Tae posted:

The Spurs roster doesn't matter as long as Kawhi is on the team. If anything, they should just punt this year so they have like infinite cap space next year.

Even if they punt they can and probably would be competitive. The west looks pretty up for grabs next season outside of GSW obviously.

It's incredible to be talking doom and gloom about the Spurs when there situation is way better than most of their competition in the west right now.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
This is what keeps me going

quote:

Over 11.5 games, Leonard’s per-game averages were excellent in their own right (27.7 points, 52.5 FG%, 7.8 rebounds, 4.6 assists) but it’s his advanced stats that reflect the kind of impact he was having. He’ll go down as the 2017 postseason leader in Player Efficiency Rating (31.5), as well as Win Shares per 48 minutes (.314) among all qualifying players.

Look up the players in the history of the league that have hit those marks in one postseason and you see the type of rarefied company Leonard is in: LeBron James, Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. That’s it.

The case can be made that no current star, when healthy, puts his team in as good a position to contend as Leonard, who is just 25, was an MVP finalist this year, and appears to still be improving. If nothing else, Spurs fans should feel encouraged by that.
Thank you Indiana pacers
Thank you George Hill

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I wouldn't touch petty mills with a 10 foot pole if I were a team needing a point guard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Paul Zuvella posted:

I wouldn't touch petty mills with a 10 foot pole if I were a team needing a point guard.

he's gonna eat that pole and end up on the Knicks. Yes, it's the return of Fatty Mills.

• Locked thread