Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

4/11

Baach OSB
Lann OSB
Lulu BSB
Rafia BSB (dupe)

Not sure how to feel about this, Lann's fist only getting the fire boost as a synergy bonus is just mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

Not sure how to feel about this, Lann's fist only getting the fire boost as a synergy bonus is just mean.

Oh poo poo you're right. ahaha

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Ugh.

2/11

Dupe garland bsb
Garnet bsb1

First garnet relic at all is meh.
Garland axe at least is a ff1 weapon.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
1/11 Edward's harp. This is fine.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Much better on the VI rage pull.

No dupes and my first usb, first good VI Medica, first good VI support sb, and a new toy for celes.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Elephant Ambush posted:

1/11 Edward's harp. This is fine.

It's lowkey the absolute best support BSB for a physical holy team

Social Psychology
Mar 25, 2015
1/11 Basch BSB

It's new and I can see it being useful, but I can't help but feel a little disappointed seeing some of these hauls. I was hoping to go out with a bang.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

2/11 dupe Tyro USB and Reno BSB, which is Physical on someone who is mostly magical and makes no sense. If I could rage pull on this banner I would have done so.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

3/11 Vaan BSB, Vincent BSB, dupe Orlandeau BSB...

Not a bad pull for 25 mythril.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'll take this.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

bilperkins2 posted:

2/11 dupe Tyro USB and Reno BSB, which is Physical on someone who is mostly magical and makes no sense. If I could rage pull on this banner I would have done so.
Reno's a hybrid character with exactly equal magic and attack and his BSB is good.

He's considered a mage by most because black 5 is generally more useful than combat 4/celerity 5/machinist 5, but you don't have to worry about that since you got his BSB

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
4/11

Tifa OSB
Rmaza USB
Jil Nabaat BSB
Refia BSB

no dupes. NooooooOhohoh Duuuupes

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Nihilarian posted:

Reno's a hybrid character with exactly equal magic and attack and his BSB is good.

He's considered a mage by most because black 5 is generally more useful than combat 4/celerity 5/machinist 5, but you don't have to worry about that since you got his BSB

Also Machinist 5 is just really strong and underrated as a skillset.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I didn't pull on the other banners but this one was so deep I figured it was worth a shot

I got paine's bsb

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

gently caress yeah, Raines' BSB!

(and DCecil's BSB, which looks like hot garbage)

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Also Machinist 5 is just really strong and underrated as a skillset.

Especially given that Reno's BSB gives him Enlightning, which boosts Tempest Snipe.

Also, aren't they eventually supposed to start releasing Machinist abilities that inflict imperils?

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
3x11

Krile BSB
Cloud BSB2
Raines OSB (Dupe)

What's so much good about Cloud BSB2? According to this post it's top tier https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5jy0un/lets_talk_bsb_overall/

Is it worth replacing Refia with Cloud in my A team? I have both of Cloud's BSBs, his OSB and Alphinaud along with his BSB and SD.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

private message posted:

3x11

Krile BSB
Cloud BSB2
Raines OSB (Dupe)

What's so much good about Cloud BSB2? According to this post it's top tier https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5jy0un/lets_talk_bsb_overall/

Is it worth replacing Refia with Cloud in my A team? I have both of Cloud's BSBs, his OSB and Alphinaud along with his BSB and SD.

It has some extremely strong interactions with his OSB and USB

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

W.T. Fits posted:

Also, aren't they eventually supposed to start releasing Machinist abilities that inflict imperils?

Yes, there are two so far in JP: Spark Offer and Cold Offer, which give a chance to minor imperil thunder/cold respectively. A lot of people don't like them because they don't do a lot of damage and only have a chance for a 10% imperil, but I've had good success with Spark Offer on my Prompto.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

Awesome!
I've got Edgar's imperil SSB, and en-poision BSB so this will complete the set. Bonus as a stat stick gun and AOE OSB.
Lightbringer was the only dupe.
Rune Axe looks kinda crappy but it's II synergy.
My mage team is already insane with some of the best bursts (Cid/Maria/Alph/Papa), why not add two of the best ones around I don't have.

I'm pretty excited for Fujin's, love the debuff angle on that.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
1/11 yuna usb. Not the shower of rainbow orbs I was hoping for but it'll do

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
So I had 54 Rosetta Stones laying around. I spent 27 on Saintly Excalibur because hey why not. I have 27 left. What sort of things should I be looking at? Element boosts and stats?

I have Terra OSB sword, Golbez BSB stick, both Gabranth swords, and some other stuff. Any other top candidates I should look for?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I got fangs BSB which eh, but I did get both Zell BSB and Raines BSB recently so I cannot complain

Edit: and yshtola BSB, I have all of her SBs now

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Elephant Ambush posted:

So I had 54 Rosetta Stones laying around. I spent 27 on Saintly Excalibur because hey why not. I have 27 left. What sort of things should I be looking at? Element boosts and stats?

I have Terra OSB sword, Golbez BSB stick, both Gabranth swords, and some other stuff. Any other top candidates I should look for?
if you have a good soul break for a character with an awkward equipment list, rosetta'ing a weapon they can use is often a good idea. Like if you had Fran's BSB, stuffing your best bow full of rosettas will give you a weapon she can use anywhere.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Elephant Ambush posted:

I would probably go element boosts > OSBs as stat sticks > good uncommon weapons that one of your primary dudes use (darts, balls, whatever). The nice thing about augmenting element boosts is being able to cull your equipment list a bit (for more augments).

For reference, I've maxed out the following:

- TGC OSB (+holy)
- Beatrix OSB 7* (+holy)
- Minfilia BSB 8* (+holy)
- Cid Raines BSB (+dark)
- Kain BSB (+lightning)
- Vaan OSB (stat stick dagger)
- Terra OSB 7* (stat stick for mages)
- Freya SSB 8* (stat stick spear)
- Faris BSB 6* (stat stick bow)

VVV sorry it was her BSB, Curtana.

acumen fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jun 24, 2017

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Did I blink when they put Minfilia's OSB on global?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
From this point forward I am going to pretend that my curaga draw was Larsa SSB and Penelo SSB, and that my BSB+ draw was Larsa BSB x2. This is much easier to deal with than getting a 1/11 and duping on the draw this morning.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

acumen posted:

I would probably go element boosts > OSBs as stat sticks > good uncommon weapons that one of your primary dudes use (darts, balls, whatever). The nice thing about augmenting element boosts is being able to cull your equipment list a bit (for more augments).

For reference, I've maxed out the following:

- TGC OSB (+holy)
- Beatrix OSB 7* (+holy)
- Minfilia BSB 8* (+holy)
- Cid Raines BSB (+dark)
- Kain BSB (+lightning)
- Vaan OSB (stat stick dagger)
- Terra OSB 7* (stat stick for mages)
- Freya SSB 8* (stat stick spear)
- Faris BSB 6* (stat stick bow)

VVV sorry it was her BSB, Curtana.

Thanks! I have several of those things in your list so I'll think it over.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

private message posted:

3x11

Krile BSB
Cloud BSB2
Raines OSB (Dupe)

Cloud's BSB2 has a stacking ATK buff on the second command, high damage on the first command, virtually guarantees a 99999 hit with his Overflow, and if you get his Ultra later the BSB2 can also put out some game-breaking damage.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Nihilarian posted:

if you have a good soul break for a character with an awkward equipment list, rosetta'ing a weapon they can use is often a good idea. Like if you had Fran's BSB, stuffing your best bow full of rosettas will give you a weapon she can use anywhere.

Or rosetta-ing strong OSB equipment with elemental boosts. TG Cid has his weapon on all the time now, even with Synergy most stuff is weaker than 6*+Holy.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I didn't even realize this but I clicked Optimize and it gave Yshtola all her SBs.

I didn't realize I had all her SBs. Weird thing to overlook

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Ahaha, those 2 poo poo lucky draws earlier are being revenged in spades with my last draw and this one. This time I only got three orbs, but it's all pretty awsome poo poo for people I had nothing for before.

I pulled golbez's tanky bsb, which means I have a character I can tank with now. Golbez with drawfire and drainga was always a decent strategy, this bsb just lets me do that and still have 2 ability slots left over.

I got palom's bsb, which apparently is useful in the magicite dungeons so that's pretty sweet!

Finally I got noel's bsb. I already dove him to 5* thief, so now I have a 5* thief with full on support and 4* white magic. I was really wanting this for him earlier, but now that I have sazh's bsb and 50% atk ssb I don't really expect to use him much. Still, it really rounds out his kit and gives noel a pretty decent niche.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Banner 1 time!

First the bad(?) news

Another Wizard Rod! :doh: Kuja's OSB, well, I dunno if it's good or it's bad.

Now, the good news. My 11 pull was because I got greedy and wanted Quistis' Dress. It eludes me yet again.

Now, the good news!

I did my 100 gem pull before this and got this beauty:

:getin:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
3/11. Garnet SSB, Yuna USB, Yuffie USB.

Pretty nice, actually. I wanted the SSB for another +10 MAG for my favourite female protaganist. Yuna's USB isn't really what I wanted (and now I'm sad it replaced Quistis' OSB), but it'll do. And Yuffie USB is a nice versatile SB and my first real Water-based SB.

It's a pity I missed out on some of the other relics that I wanted, like Quistis BSB/Kuja OSB/Rosa USB, but honestly I'm pleased enough.

Now to decide whether to pull for Mog BSB or Reks BSB.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

gently caress yes, game. gently caress yes.

And on top of that, got Weaponmaster on my dollar pull.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Well, my number one target on this banner is Raines BSB, but really I'll be happy with anything that's not CoD SSB or a dupe...

:stare:

Zero dupes. Not a bad way to rebound from some (relatively) disappointing lucky draws.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!
1/11 Firion BSB

Happier with it than my Raines OSB and Sarah BSB on the BSB+ and it makes Edward's BSB on the Imperil Luckys look a hell of a lot better.

The nightmare luckys conditioned me to expect basically the worst, so something I'll actually use outside of CM is extremely nice.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I was gonna pull on banner 1 but then I had to get healers circlet and conductor on the healer banner so its a lot less appealing hrm.

I might shoot for banner 5. Lot of dupes but my only wish at this point is a relic for my main man warrior of light, and he doesn't get a lot of chances.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

2/11, 2x Rising Sun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Honestly, Banner 1 is not for me when my dupes there are a 6* Wizard Rod and the bursts for Raines and Y'shtola.

That said, maybe I'm still satisfied with the 3/11 I got from the BSB+ Lucky Draw consisting of Auron and Balthier's BSB1s and the One for Luneth.

• Locked thread