Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Wasn't there some sort of article or video put out about why Ted Cruz's face was so viscerally slimy and gross looking? Because he really gives me the creeps to a level few people have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It's because he almost, but not quite, looks like a human.

Philippe has a new favorite as of 09:00 on Jun 24, 2017

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Grandpa Munster just fed upon the blood of an unspoiled child and has both regained his youthful vitality and a high seat in government.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Picnic Princess posted:

Wasn't there some sort of article or video put out about why Ted Cruz's face was so viscerally slimy and gross looking? Because he really gives me the creeps to a level few people have.

Is this what you were looking for?
http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/neurologist-explains-why-its-hard-look-ted-cruzs-creepy-unsettling-face

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

^^^ thanks, wish it were longer.

Picnic Princess posted:

While attempting (and failing) to find such a scholarly article I discovered he is still linked on Wikipedia's "see more" entry for "Uncanny Valley."

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL has a new favorite as of 09:23 on Jun 24, 2017

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Here's some more implicit AUG: The AspireAssist, a weight-loss method which consists of a plastic tube which attaches to the stomach wall and terminates in a port on the patient's skin. You then attach a pump to the port to suck out stomach contents and deposit them into the toilet. It's like bulimia, but with less tooth decay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC6FkP5JZVk

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Here's some more implicit AUG: The AspireAssist, a weight-loss method which consists of a plastic tube which attaches to the stomach wall and terminates in a port on the patient's skin. You then attach a pump to the port to suck out stomach contents and deposit them into the toilet. It's like bulimia, but with less tooth decay!

Finally, a way to re-eat all my favorite food!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Yeah, with a garden hose you can literally chew your cud!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Screaming Idiot posted:

Finally, a way to re-eat all my favorite food!

Think of how much money you'll save on corn!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"freebleeding"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Wasn't freebleeding a 4chan joke that escaped into the real world?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I sometimes visit /vr/ and /wg/ on 4chan. It's me, I'm the AUG. :smithicide:

Randaconda has a new favorite as of 14:10 on Jun 24, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

My god, everything is terrible. Like... I've followed these threads throughout the years, but jesus christ it's like the AUG has ramped up in the last little while.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I was wondering where the AUG thread went. Glad to find it. I needed a self-esteem boost. And what a boost!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

My god, everything is terrible. Like... I've followed these threads throughout the years, but jesus christ it's like the AUG has ramped up in the last little while.

You're welcome. :colbert:

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

I know video game character creator jokes get made every two pages but wow.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Oh yes.

¨

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You cannot convince me that isn't cut footage from Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Chappelle no! It's not worth it!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

I really can't hate on that picture too much, because of that brunette's rear end :eyepop:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

LingcodKilla posted:

Do all black people look alike to you

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PCOS Bill posted:

Do all black people look alike to you

:golfclap:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

mind the walrus posted:

I was wondering where the AUG thread went. Glad to find it. I needed a self-esteem boost. And what a boost!

That's really sad mate.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Gorilla Salad posted:

Wasn't freebleeding a 4chan joke that escaped into the real world?

My understanding is it's been done as a form of protest/awareness, i.e. a woman ran a race a few years ago this way where the money she raised went to menstrual supplies for women in countries that are forcibly sequestered during their period (or something similar). Other than that and the occasional art thing? "Freebleeding" is just another way for misogynists and bigots to make fun of SJWs, much like the more extreme "I'm this-kin and more queer than the rest of the queer kids" screenshots.

Preemptively, "nice meltdown."

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I really can't hate on that picture too much, because of that brunette's rear end :eyepop:
the danger is the moment it isn't within the supporting structure of a tight as gently caress dress it ends up looking like a sack full of pebbles and yoghurt

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

probably gonna get my poo poo kicked in here, but it would be super cool if there were less posts about "haha look at this rear end in a top hat with a nonbinary gender" as the main focus of the AUG. like, nonbinary genders exist, and it's kinda lovely to make fun of them.

That said, feel free to make fun of someone who's pretending to be a squirrel or a deer or whatever who just happens to be nonbinary, that poo poo's hilarious.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sociopastry posted:

probably gonna get my poo poo kicked in here, but it would be super cool if there were less posts about "haha look at this rear end in a top hat with a nonbinary gender" as the main focus of the AUG. like, nonbinary genders exist, and it's kinda lovely to make fun of them.

That said, feel free to make fun of someone who's pretending to be a squirrel or a deer or whatever who just happens to be nonbinary, that poo poo's hilarious.

Are we even reading the same thread?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sociopastry posted:

Are we talking about the squishface no-chin? Because if so, the gender issue is not even on the radar, at least for me. Never is, I agree with you that it shouldn't be.

Meanwhile, where the gently caress did their chin go? :iiam:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

My understanding is it's been done as a form of protest/awareness, i.e. a woman ran a race a few years ago this way where the money she raised went to menstrual supplies for women in countries that are forcibly sequestered during their period (or something similar). Other than that and the occasional art thing? "Freebleeding" is just another way for misogynists and bigots to make fun of SJWs, much like the more extreme "I'm this-kin and more queer than the rest of the queer kids" screenshots.

Preemptively, "nice meltdown."

I make fun of everybody. :colbert: check muh posts in this thread.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Time for a reminder that this thread does not accept reports. Like, physically, it does, but your reports are going to be ignored and it's best to message me if you have any problems.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cash crab posted:

Time for a reminder that this thread does not accept reports. Like, physically, it does, but your reports are going to be ignored and it's best to message me if you have any problems.

Reported.

Swagman
Jun 10, 2003

Yes...all was once again peaceful in River City.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INfEyMvb2-E

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Sociopastry posted:

You're gonna see more AUG from right-wing sources as they're the ones who naturally gravitate towards compiling that sort of thing. I tried finding some good red pill AUG but social justice folks don't seem as interested in collecting it. Make of that what you will.

Deified Data has a new favorite as of 23:09 on Jun 24, 2017

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

cash crab posted:

What if someone is too ugly?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deified Data posted:

You're naturally gonna see more AUG from right-wing sources as they're the ones who naturally gravitate towards compiling that sort of thing. I tried finding some good red pill AUG but social justice folks don't seem as interested in collecting that sort of thing. Make of that what you will.

There's some on Imgur, but it's usually buried in other cringe dumps. Was gonna make one entirely of red pill idiots/MRAs/"nice" guys, but :effort:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerry Cotton posted:

What if someone is too ugly?

don't doxx me

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

please do, because those guys are a lot more fun to laugh at

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Whiteyfats is doing good work, but it's pretty clear that a large portion of them are fakes made by alt-righters so they can justify being hateful

Which I guess is AUG in its own way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

party har d

• Locked thread