Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
i dont get the difference between here and the Anus thread as y'all agree on the most important thing: dsa would be better if they were actual terrorists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

i dont get the difference between here and the Anus thread as y'all agree on the most important thing: dsa would be better if they were actual terrorists

trump thread is a different animal at night and well ever since we have a Jeb! IK its pretty low energy during the day sometimes but uhh, im not seeing that today

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

one thread makes fun of the democratic party putting up mindless robots and backing really bad horses, one thread makes self-deprecation of everyone's not-so-secret watersports fetish

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

do you realize how many insurance company ceos would be out of a job if we nationalized the health insurance industry?

Train them to build solar panels.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/878674683083849728

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

defrauding large banks isnt a crime

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

they should be called the Snowflakes

seriously that would be a good name for a left-wing terror group

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

gonna be hard to argue that if the school's financial board approved of it as weaver says

How did Jane Sanders supposedly manipulated it though? I'm just curious.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

don't need to be a weatherman to see the snow's white

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

punk rebel ecks posted:

that's an accusation

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

as the CIA drag me away to a blacksite i yell, "U CAN SILENCE ME BUT NOT MY BOT-MANNED Anus MEME GENERATING TWITTER"

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

DaveWoo posted:

Nevertheless, I think we can all agree that the Democratic party should now distance itself from Bernie, lest Republicans use him as a way to attack Dem candidates.

lol you invaded this thread just to make anti-bernie posts

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

that's an accusation

Why was she singled out?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

got any sevens posted:

lol you invaded this thread just to make anti-bernie posts
"must...accuse...of...racsexism"

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why was she singled out?
the guy pushing the suit is probably trying his hand at a trump administration job and the republican party actually does find bernie as a thorn in their side simply because he's more successful than dems at pushing policy and narrative among the electorate

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
should combine the dnd dem thread and this dem thread and just leave it in dnd at this point

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

logikv9 posted:

should combine the dnd dem thread and this dem thread and just leave it in dnd at this point
or you could contribute some succ to the succ zone

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

logikv9 posted:

How could you betray me like this

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

i would contribute some succ to the succ zone if i didn't turn in my fakeposting badge with my failed imp zone parachute career

sad!

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLWm9sUdzu4

also do not search sucking sound on youtube lmao, that was my mistake

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Homeless Friend posted:

also do not search sucking sound on youtube lmao, that was my mistake
A S M R

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

or you could contribute some succ to the succ zone

ya do it now logikv9

this thread has irony poisoning

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

My ultimate dream is for some political thing, whether it's a bill or a think tank or an agency or voting software, to accidentally have the acronym A.N.U.S. It's on my bucket list to experience that.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

god drat it; he is in Iowa

this is real, and this is not a drill
:shepicide:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

god drat it; he is in Iowa

this is real, and this is not a drill
:shepicide:

Yeah it's genuinely freaking me out.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Lastgirl posted:

One Large American Adult please

and thats for to go, thanks

Last girl wants some large adult sons

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

zuck fuckerberg

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

for shame thought this was the succ zone where zuckerberg's presidential bid is just another bloody score in favor of chaos, nihilism

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

UHD posted:

zuck fuckerberg

Can't imagine it getting better than this.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Everyone wear white stormshadow ninja suits and hurt conservative feelings with assinine pranks and hollering

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

punk rebel ecks posted:

the allegations from what I've gathered are that jane sanders fraudulently lied on loan applications to the banks about the expected revenue the school would make.

the other allegation is that sanders used his position as senator to influence the bank's decision on the loan application.

AFAIK so far there has been no evidence presented for these allegations and these allegations are being driven by the chair of the Trump Vermont campaign who personally knows and has a negative relationship with Jane. no one has been indicted or charged thus far AFAIK and the article titles seem very intentionally misleading on this.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

comedyblissoption posted:

AFAIK so far there has been no evidence presented for these allegations and these allegations are being driven by the chair of the Trump Vermont campaign who personally knows and has a negative relationship with Jane

Any sources on this?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lastgirl posted:

how much is one american citizen worth afaf

we're cattle so i just want to know what my price tag is post AHCA

$4.20

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

punk rebel ecks posted:

Any sources on this?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bernie-and-jane-sanders-under-fbi-investigation-for-bank-fraud-hire-lawyers/

quote:

Brady Toensing of Burlington, the man responsible for the claims filed to the U.S. attorney for Vermont, was a chairman for the Trump campaign in his state.

edit: Brady Toensing may have a history as a Republican partisan smearer. I don't really know and don't care to confirm.

also apparently the president of the college was someone else that had a personal relationship with jane sanders and is not this same person. that person was brought up in this thread and may be fueling the investigation.

comedyblissoption has issued a correction as of 19:52 on Jun 24, 2017

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

also the other day I was listening to NPR and they were lamenting what to do about those classified as contractors and those working the gig economy that did not receive the same protections and benefits (e.g. healthcare) as traditional employees. of course this segment was not used to present an actual solution to this problem. they were used to hawk some bullshit company that purported to manage "portable benefits packages" as a potential solution. they discussed the necessity of coming up with new solutions to these problems and thinking of things like more flexible savings accounts and bullshit like that. they talked of the problem of 30 million uninsured and the spectre of the republican ACA and how healthcare is 1/6th the economy.

not once did they bring up single payer, medicare for all, or any solution the entire rest of the world has figured out for this problem. they did not discuss how all other major countries on earth spend far less on healthcare in absolute terms and as % of GDP while covering all citizens. they only talked about bandaids and absurd contortions in the overton window of the debate between bad dems and republicans.

i think npr might honestly be worse than fox news. the enemy you dont know stabbing you in the back is worse than the enemy you know.

of course i hate NPR and already know they are scum, but a lot of purportedly leftist listeners are being misinformed on a daily basis.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bernie-and-jane-sanders-under-fbi-investigation-for-bank-fraud-hire-lawyers/

also apparently the president of the college was someone else that had a personal relationship with jane sanders and is not this same person. that person was brought up in this thread and may be fueling the investigation.

I see thanks.

It seems that it made a lot of establishment Dem types angry.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

also the other day I was listening to NPR and they were lamenting what to do about those classified as contractors and those working the gig economy that did not receive the same protections and benefits (e.g. healthcare) as traditional employees. of course this segment was not used to present an actual solution to this problem. they were used to hawk some bullshit company that purported to manage "portable benefits packages" as a potential solution. they discussed the necessity of coming up with new solutions to these problems and thinking of things like more flexible savings accounts and bullshit like that. they talked of the problem of 30 million uninsured and the spectre of the republican ACA and how healthcare is 1/6th the economy.

not once did they bring up single payer, medicare for all, or any solution the entire rest of the world has figured out for this problem. they did not discuss how all other major countries on earth spend far less on healthcare in absolute terms and as % of GDP while covering all citizens. they only talked about bandaids and absurd contortions in the overton window of the debate between bad dems and republicans.

i think npr might honestly be worse than fox news. the enemy you dont know stabbing you in the back is worse than the enemy you know.

of course i hate NPR and already know they are scum, but a lot of purportedly leftist listeners are being misinformed on a daily basis.

Yeah NPR's some seriously neoliberal bougies.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

the allegations from what I've gathered are that jane sanders fraudulently lied on loan applications to the banks about the expected revenue the school would make.

the other allegation is that sanders used his position as senator to influence the bank's decision on the loan application.

AFAIK so far there has been no evidence presented for these allegations and these allegations are being driven by the chair of the Trump Vermont campaign who personally knows and has a negative relationship with Jane. no one has been indicted or charged thus far AFAIK and the article titles seem very intentionally misleading on this.

There's no evidence of wrongdoing other than we know a couple donors have said their donation was not accurately represented on the college's application. There's no evidence of Bernie doing anything wrong. Misrepresented donations aren't a crime unless it was intentional, which is a high bar. But there is an active investigation and it seems clear Jane is the target, hence why she now has Scooter Libby's lawyer. I wouldn't be surprised if the Trump admin went after her to hurt Bernie, even if they can't get the evidence to win.

Concerned Citizen has issued a correction as of 20:03 on Jun 24, 2017

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Only reason I ever tuned into NPR was for Diane Rehm. Still sad she retired. She brought a ton of great guests on her show to talk about extremely important issues that get next to no attention in the mainstream media.

The Ol Spicy Keychain has issued a correction as of 20:11 on Jun 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Joementum posted:

single payer would be a huge boon for business which would no longer have to worry about contracting to offer insurance to employees

might result in higher payroll tax tho

couple pages late but the big advantage for not having single payer for a business in an enormous country (this doesn't really work as well in densely packed ones) is you can use termination as a threat to the wellbeing of someone's family

• Locked thread