Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

I'm really kind of bad at "making my own fun" in games and for me the most enjoyment usually comes out of executing something really well or getting into an involved story.

yeah same. except for mapgames but thats not really the same as making your own fun because history is a story too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphiel
Apr 20, 2006

Fun Shoe

FirstAidKite posted:

Crossposting from steam thread cause hell yea

Would like Heart's Medicine - Time to Heal if I bounced off the Labors of Hercules?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

babypolis posted:

yeah same. except for mapgames but thats not really the same as making your own fun because history is a story too

setting doesn't do it for me because ninety nine percent of the time, it's meaningless in the scope of how the player experiences or interacts with the world. poo poo if i wanted to read a history i'd just bring up a wikipedia page

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zaphiel posted:

Would like Heart's Medicine - Time to Heal if I bounced off the Labors of Hercules?

Hmm

I'm not entirely sure. They're both time management games but I feel like Hercules is more about "how do I find the most efficient way to route from point A to point B while accomplishing all of my goals" while Heart's Medicine and its like are more along the lines of "you are placed into a room for a set amount of time and tasked with taking care of people as they come in while optionally fulfilling a challenge or two along the way." Unfortunately there isn't a demo on steam. You should be able to find a demo on the dev's website here but that requires installing their player and I understand someone not wanting to do that. I suggest looking up a random level on youtube. Or if you don't mind just getting a refund, drop 5 dollars on the game and if it isn't for you, refund it. I'm sorry I can't help any further than that :(

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

So i take it this doctor thing is the latest pile of poo poo Steam shovelware that the SA Games forum has latched onto for some reason?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nah that's PUBG

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PUBG is a proper phenomenon, not just a SA trend of the moment

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Those devs are making money hand over fist

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm disappointed that "plunkbat" didn't catch on for the acronym of choice for pubg although pubg pronounced as a word is pretty good i guess

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

is it not pub gee

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

pubguh

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I don't play online shooters but I like PUBG because I always misread is as "pug bee" and that makes me happy.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Why not P U Bug

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its a cool game but i cant stand scavenging for 5-10 mins every round. I also kinda think their zombie mode is the wrong way to go at this stage when the core game is still lacking a lot of refinement but people love zombie so whatevs

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

PUBG is a patently stupid acronym and I can't wait for it to enter common usage as a genre of its own

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Real hurthling! posted:

Its a cool game but i cant stand scavenging for 5-10 mins every round. I also kinda think their zombie mode is the wrong way to go at this stage when the core game is still lacking a lot of refinement but people love zombie so whatevs

It's pretty much this years DayZ so i presume the devs are trying to milk as much cash as possible before people wander off to the next 6-month-lifespan Early Access multiplayer phenomenon.

Half develop a bunch of poo poo to advertise as "new features"and then abandon/sell the whole thing this time next year to try and catch lightning in a bottle with a slightly different idea.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

my one friend who's bothered to pick it up routinely gushes ecstatically about how amazing and fun it is but he's also my one friend who routinely gushes ecstatically about how amazing and fun dota2 is so i treat most of his recommendations with a healthy air of skepticism

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PUBG is good.

Dota 2 is awful.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Really Pants posted:

PUBG is a patently stupid acronym and I can't wait for it to enter common usage as a genre of its own

Pubguhlike

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Usage: The new MOBA pubguhlike contains match 3 RPG elements.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

DalaranJ posted:

Usage: The new MOBA pubguhlike contains match 3 RPG elements.

great, now i have cancer

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Cowcaster posted:

great, now i have cancer

I know someone that can help with that

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I know someone that can help with that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vzLeYr61dY

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
pubg is different from dayZ because pubg is actually good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I enjoy PUBG with long breaks between playing because that first 5 minutes is really boring to me after a while.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I enjoy PUBG with long breaks between playing because that first 5 minutes is really boring to me after a while.

Yup. I guess you could just drop right after a guy and try to punch him to death if you wanted tho

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

For some reason SA refuses to load on chrome at work anymore so I'm stuck using firefox.

Did anyone try that ever oasis game it looks like a cool game I might try after finishing Stormblood.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its cool. Its like zelda meets animal crossing meets ys.

Its not a must play for me based on demo but its on my radar

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

corn in the bible posted:

how bout you can't say skyward sword was good unless you beat it

I beat it and liked it. I've given up expecting Zelda games to make me feel like a kid again and totally blow my mind, and I think that helped. Its flaws (revisiting three main areas three times, the controls, crappy instrument) didn't really get in the way of my enjoyment of everything else. For a series that likes to reuse elements from previous games as much as this one they went all in on making it a celebration of the 25th anniversary with a ton of things reminiscent of specific games, and it's nodded to in an early dialogue bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shibvkpyb8E

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

In Training posted:

PUBG is a proper phenomenon, not just a SA trend of the moment

If EA sales counted towards overall numbers then PUBG would be like the #3 best selling game of 2017, and when you consider what the developer probably spent on it, the profit margin is insane.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Zaggitz posted:

For some reason SA refuses to load on chrome at work anymore so I'm stuck using firefox.

Did anyone try that ever oasis game it looks like a cool game I might try after finishing Stormblood.

I beat the first dungeon earlier today it's cool and charming but probably a bit slow paced and easy for some, I'm enjoying it though. If building up a town + crafting poo poo + Zelda-style dungeons sounds appealing it's a good buy.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Zaggitz posted:

I'm at the third dungeon now. It's simple fun, like Animal Crossing mixed with Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles. Levelling up the oasis has a really satisfying amount of presentation to it.
It's cool how much of a buff you get when you keep your townspeople happy, I can imagine the game being a nightmarishly hard if you only concentrate on the combat side of things.

My only gripe is that It's annoying having to keep returning to town just to change up the party/skills. You have to do it often in order to complete later puzzles.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Zaggitz posted:

There's a demo.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

spudsbuckley posted:

So i take it this doctor thing is the latest pile of poo poo Steam shovelware that the SA Games forum has latched onto for some reason?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Why are there zero graphical options for Birthdays the Beginning. I don't have a great pc and it would be nice to turn down shadows or anti aliasing or something instead of the entire resolution.

Olive! fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jun 24, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
god drat this is a hell of a fighter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrARL2oUedQ&hd=1

oh it's made by newgrounds? oh. oh...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Why can't Link pet the dogs

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Why can't Link pet the dogs

This is the biggest flaw, but at least you can feed them meat.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Look who's on land :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

is that midnight birthday or whatever. and is it good

• Locked thread