Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
NPR's taking Car Talk off the air in September and then they'll have no reason whatsoever to exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

logikv9 posted:

should combine the dnd dem thread and this dem thread and just leave it in dnd at this point

hey that's my thread! keep your big government mitts off!

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Concerned Citizen posted:

There's no evidence of wrongdoing other than we know a couple donors have said their donation was not accurately represented on the college's application. There's no evidence of Bernie doing anything wrong. Misrepresented donations aren't a crime unless it was intentional, which is a high bar. But there is an active investigation and it seems clear Jane is the target, hence why she now has Scooter Libby's lawyer. I wouldn't be surprised if the Trump admin went after her to hurt Bernie, even if they can't get the evidence to win.
unsurprisingly there were a lot of suck zone posts by elated suck zone escapees in the trump thread about this even though it's literally BUT HER EMAILS and most bernie supporters also thought that controversy was dumb as poo poo so :shrug:

CC being less succ than trump thread

....Happy!?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Jeb! Repetition posted:

NPR's taking Car Talk off the air in September and then they'll have no reason whatsoever to exist.

What? gently caress weekend NPR will now be wait wait don't tell me lovers and for lovers of prarie home companion or whatever mayo poo poo

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Willa Rogers posted:

lol, that reddit post hit all the lanyard talking points:

1. the ACA can be "saved." (no, it really can't, unless it's amended to include coverage for those in the medicaid gap, those affected by the "family glitch"; hundreds of billions of dollars more for insurers; lowering of out-of-pocket costs; and cost controls on provider rates and prescription drugs--these are the things that will never, ever happen).

2. that single-payer would hurt women and PoC (woo boy, get ready for that hyde amendment talk and "progressive" opposition to single-payer if it doesn't fully include abortions)

3. that ACA is saving "real lives" while single-payer will destroy lives. (wot?) and that real political work is trying to save a program that never really worked, outside of medicaid expansion (in the states that chose to expand it).

4. a slashie-like kicker that exhorts one to look in the mirror, examine thyself and STFU.

yeah, the r/ess people are deep up their own rear end. they also control the r/democrats sub, so you get a weird situation where the subreddit for the democratic party has a measly 20k subscribers and sanders4president having 250k. they're real salty about that too

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Condiv posted:

yeah, the r/ess people are deep up their own rear end. they also control the r/democrats sub, so you get a weird situation where the subreddit for the democratic party has a measly 20k subscribers and sanders4president having 250k. they're real salty about that too

Their salt is sweet to me.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
who is the king of the suck zone

to whom do we bring offerings of severed lanyards

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Condiv posted:

to be fair sanders isn't really a democrat

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

GalacticAcid posted:

who is the king of the suck zone

to whom do we bring offerings of severed lanyards

vladimir fuckin lenin, the original liberal killa

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
death to kerensky

down with :abuela:

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Jeb! Repetition posted:

NPR should be renamed to Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me We Can Have Anything Good.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
National Pubic Radio

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

So Jeremy Corbyn gave a speech at the Glastonbury Music Festival today and our Democrats need to take some goddamn notes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSEmuPMwvMQ

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I know obama said something recently about how single payer would destroy a lot of jobs in the insurance industry. This was before the Jacobin essay on the topic.

Does anyone remember this and can they link me to that interview

Thank's

I call on the collective memory of the suck zone

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

i dont remember that but i remember him acting like a republican and shaming poors for purchasing phones while still not having health insurance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeBQC7h37DQ

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Barack Obama: Compassionate Conservative

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

like when someone is literally telling you they cant afford healthcare and the first thing you jump to unprompted is talking about cable tv (which is a far less expensive budget item), maybe you are a lovely human being

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

vladimir fuckin lenin, the original liberal killa

He killed monarchists

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Homeless Friend posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLWm9sUdzu4

also do not search sucking sound on youtube lmao, that was my mistake

Mistakes into miracles :q:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
just got back from the DSA east bay election, which was good though i had to bail at the lunch break. they had the spokesperson for the CA nurses association speak on the single payer bill who pointed out how loving stupid the assembly's excuse for shelving the bill is. apparently all the parts that anthony rendon said were missing are in fact existent and ready to be added once SB562 was given to the health committee. they killed the bill just so they wouldn't have to vote on it

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

comedyblissoption posted:

i dont remember that but i remember him acting like a republican and shaming poors for purchasing phones while still not having health insurance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeBQC7h37DQ

Obama fuckin owns :obama:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

He killed monarchists

The October Revolution overthrew a weak liberal government under the Constitutional Democrats and some Mensheviks. The Cadets were basically proto-Bad Dems.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

weak does not begin to describe the collapse in authority of the provisional government

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
How the gently caress can people think Single Payer is racist or sexist? WHAT THE gently caress?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Montasque posted:

How the gently caress can people think Single Payer is racist or sexist? WHAT THE gently caress?

They're regressives and they want to pretend they're not

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Montasque posted:

Buzzwords

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Montasque posted:

They don't actually think it, it's just extremely important for the type of person who typically spews this poo poo to paint their more progressive peers as nasty people who don't care about women and minorities because at the end of the day their personal goal is "end racism/sexism/etc." and then magically benefit from the current economic status quo.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Montasque posted:

1. I'm a good person who doesn't like racism or sexism

2. These people are saying that my politics aren't good because I see free universal healthcare as too radical

3. Clearly they don't agree with my politics, which are the good ones

4. They hate women and minorities

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Montasque posted:

sexist bc: it might not fund every abortion, even though the hyde amendment has been law for decades and the majority of abortions are self-pay followed by medicaid, a single-payer program.

racist bc: millions of PoC might lose medicaid under the ACA while bernard bros fight for a medicaid-for-all program, bc these things are zero-sum and unless you fight for status-quo failure like the ACA you're aiding & abetting the GOP or you're a russian agent.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Is the Zuck really considering being Nader and getting in this 2020 election? At least Nader had character...and charts.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Zoran posted:

1. I'm a good person who doesn't like racism or sexism

2. These people are saying that my politics aren't good because I see free universal healthcare as too radical

3. Clearly they don't agree with my politics, which are the good ones

4. They hate women and minorities

Willa Rogers posted:

sexist bc: it might not fund every abortion, even though the hyde amendment has been law for decades and the majority of abortions are self-pay followed by medicaid, a single-payer program.

racist bc: millions of PoC might lose medicaid under the ACA while bernard bros fight for a medicaid-for-all program, bc these things are zero-sum and unless you fight for status-quo failure like the ACA you're aiding & abetting the GOP or you're a russian agent.

third option: i'm a billionaire/millionaire/temporary embarrased "millionaire" whose taxes will be (or i think they will be) raised by this and have to adopt either of these two mental gymnastics narratives to hide this fact

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Note that when it comes to the people who spout this poo poo, you can usually find some hilarious racism/sexism/homophobia/transphobia in their history; or, in the case of folks like Joan Walsh, get them to just meltdown right into it really easily lol

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

My Face When posted:

Is the Zuck really considering being Nader and getting in this 2020 election? At least Nader had character...and charts.

En Marche!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

My Face When posted:

It certainly looks like he's laying the groundwork for a Presidential campaign, but it's Zuckerberg, he could just as easily be doing some eccentric rich person Visit Real America thing.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Racism is a slur you slap onto white people and it's a race to see who can out the other as the real racist

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

docbeard posted:

It certainly looks like he's laying the groundwork for a Presidential campaign, but it's Zuckerberg, he could just as easily be doing some eccentric rich person Visit Real America thing.

My money on it's both and he settles for a Senate run when focus groups tell him no one wants zuckprez

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

My Face When posted:

Bloomberg threatened to be the Nader for 2016, so why not Zuck? America has an endless appetite for CEO worship.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Rand alPaul posted:

Bloomberg threatened to be the Nader for 2016, so why not Zuck? America has an endless appetite for CEO worship.

Bloomberg appears to see himself as insurance against progressives taking power, though, whereas I can't imagine Zuck sees politics as anything other than something else to check off his bucket list

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

My money on it's both and he settles for a Senate run when focus groups tell him no one wants zuckprez

man i wish feinstein wasn't our senator anymore

*finger on the monkey's paw closes*

WAIT gently caress NO I TAKE IT BACK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Raskolnikov38 posted:

man i wish feinstein wasn't our senator anymore

*finger on the monkey's paw closes*

WAIT gently caress NO I TAKE IT BACK
at least he isn't president, however we have mcmaster as president now and we're waging 3 wars :w00t:

• Locked thread