Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Checking in with another butt

Still working on Omega

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

After plodding through triple zerk, Gilgabot blessed my popular run with Ranger, Ninja, Mystic Knight, & Time Mage. Decided the offensive potential was too great to cheese Omega or Shinryu with Quick Leak or Berserk so I fought them straight. Got lucky with Omega throwing all its counters at Faris and hanjo on the second attempt and three Thundaga Chicken Knife Rapid Fires brought it down in a hurry. Shinryu took a few more attempts and I really didn't think that attempt would be the kill after Shinryu Roulette'd Krile and Mighty Guard'd himself, but after Lenna Quick Phoenix Down + Elixir, solo Krile blocked everything (aside from a couple of Poison Breaths) and somehow won.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Basch might be late, and he may be a coward, but he obtained all three crowns without any of ultrafilter's "overpowered" classes.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.
Help.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

break rods?

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Use defender and masamune for haste and protect late game. Break rods early game. use power rod to beserk shinryu.

Abuse your freelancer's ability to equip anything to give them immunities to whatever problem you are facing, and have them focus on supporting your beserkers. Ribbon and rainbow dress are very very good.

Denim Avenger
Oct 20, 2010

Excelente
Another Basch made it tot he end, even if he's looking a little pale.

And a Triple Crown because why wouldn't you when Gilgabot gives you a Time Mage.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Mega64 posted:

I also have no reliable healing since I can't even stock up on regular-rear end Potions easily.

Finally a chance for Sylph to shine.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Samuel Clemens posted:

Finally a chance for Sylph to shine.

Too bad Sylph is store-bought.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Oh, right. Godspeed then. :patriot:

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

HEY BUCKET HEA...

Koobes posted:

Every completed fiesta with Basch will have me give up $5 to charity.(up to a max of $200) COMPLETE!

I guess I should donate a $5 late fee then.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Use defender and masamune for haste and protect late game. Break rods early game. use power rod to beserk shinryu.

Abuse your freelancer's ability to equip anything to give them immunities to whatever problem you are facing, and have them focus on supporting your beserkers. Ribbon and rainbow dress are very very good.
Use the Dark Bow to Blind him as well.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Einwand posted:

Basch might be late, and he may be a coward, but he obtained all three crowns without any of ultrafilter's "overpowered" classes.

Counted!

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
So, I've reached Ifrit and I'm stonewalled. With nothing but White Mages and 'zerkers, it's going to take quite a bit of time to level up enough to make this, as well as the other upcoming fights possible until I get my hands on jobs #3 and #4. I don't have all the time in the world these days, so I've got a question:

I know that technically we're supposed to use the job fair before using a random job we're assigned, but I'd like to make this easier, if only so that I get at least one run done this year. How do you guys and gals feel about me donating to swap White Mage out for something else? I know it's bending the rules a bit, but it's a 750 run and as it is now I can't even equip a rod, let alone break one :smith:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I don't think anyone would complain if you did that. It's for charity and all.

But before you do, it might help to know that Ifrit is vulnerable to both Silence and Confuse. Silence stops Fira (but not Blaze) but wears off after a bit, and though the Zerkers will break Confuse it's nice for slowing Ifrit down a bit. Protect is useful for Ifrit's physicals too.

Of course, Byblos isn't vulnerable to those and will probably be harder...

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jun 24, 2017

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
Fifth job: Blue Mage! :dance: My final party is now Geo/Zer/Ker/Blue.

Now I gotta get as much blue magic as I can in world 2. Any particular ones I HAVE to get asap?

Dwall
Jun 14, 2016

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

Fifth job: Blue Mage! :dance: My final party is now Geo/Zer/Ker/Blue.

Now I gotta get as much blue magic as I can in world 2. Any particular ones I HAVE to get asap?

Best ones to get would be Aeroga, L2 Old, White Wind, and Death Claw. The first two are from Magic Dragons in Exdeath's castle, White Wind comes from confusing the rabbits in there, and Death Claw can be gotten from the tree guys in the woods around the castle. Most of the other good stuff will have to wait until world three.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Dwall posted:

Best ones to get would be Aeroga, L2 Old, White Wind, and Death Claw. The first two are from Magic Dragons in Exdeath's castle, White Wind comes from confusing the rabbits in there, and Death Claw can be gotten from the tree guys in the woods around the castle. Most of the other good stuff will have to wait until world three.

B-but what about L5 Death? :v:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Can't get L5 Death until World 3, sadly. Page 64 from the Ancient Library (or Executors from Island Shrine if AL's already gone).

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Mega64 posted:

Final party: Ninja / Summoner / Dancer / Beastmaster

After Karnak, things actually get a bit difficult. There's literally no new knives that are found/dropped in World 1 besides the Main Gauche. Luckily there's two Moonring Blades, but my offense is getting kinda dire, though fortunately I have Summoner to pick up the slack. I also have no reliable healing since I can't even stock up on regular-rear end Potions easily.

All I can do is stock up on bears and Flame Scrolls and hope for the best in World 2!

e:

YOU CAN DUAL WIELD WHIPS

I assume you're doing a run without purchasing anything in store?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Count this!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

So how does Chemist make Omega doable again? I can't seem to find anything that would actually help me fight him with my White/Red/Geo party.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Alxprit posted:

So how does Chemist make Omega doable again? I can't seem to find anything that would actually help me fight him with my White/Red/Geo party.

From a thread or two ago (I have this bookmarked because it's SO GOOD!)

Kyrosiris posted:

How To Murder Omega With Chemist, gently caress It I'm Lazy edition: Berserk him with Blessed Kiss. Revive through his damage while you try to plug him with Thundaga Spellblade Chicken Knife.

How To Murder Omega With Chemist, Fight It Out edition:

0) Your Geomancer is the one that will murder Omega for you, due to highest magic score.
1) Everyone comes into the fight with a reflect ring and floating via Levisalve
2) Omega's first action is completely nullified by reflect rings.
3) Your team mixes onto your Geomancer: Dragon Kiss, Dragon Defense, Hasty-Ade, Goliath Tonic
4) Omega uses Wave Cannon. Ignore your non-Geomancer flunkies.
5) Geomancer saves their life with X-Potion. Two flunkies use Dragon Powers on the Geomancer to help level, and the third uses Resist Fire to null Flamethrower
6) Alternate Dragon Powers and X-Potions (as needed) until the Geomancer is level 255.
7) Alternate Turtle Soups and X-Potions (as needed) until you drop six Turtle Soups on him, reducing his Magic Defense to 2.
8) Use Succubus Kiss as your offense, but only when a Wave Cannon is not the next attack on his agenda (lest you get combo'd out by Mustard Bomb + Wave Cannon). Pay attention to Omega's AI routine to sniff this out.
9) Golden Gear get

In your case, I believe your White Mage will be the Omega murderer rather than the Geo listed there.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Alxprit posted:

you could also get it done with dualcasted thundaras, eventually. three people with reflect rings, one person without, bouncing thundaras off your party. if it damages some on your party omega won't counter

white magic for shell/curaga keeps everyone alive, mix for dragon powers/haste on red mage/turtle soups on omega to speed things up

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I assume you're doing a run without purchasing anything in store?

Yeah, though I'm grinding drops so it's more a "No Buy" run than a "Live Off The Land" run. Still an interesting shake up, but not something I'd recommend for all teams (Black/White/Time Mages would get particularly screwed unless you made an exception for magic). I'm lucky I got the team I did for this run, though!

derra
Dec 29, 2012

fits posted:

you could also get it done with dualcasted thundaras, eventually. three people with reflect rings, one person without, bouncing thundaras off your party. if it damages some on your party omega won't counter

white magic for shell/curaga keeps everyone alive, mix for dragon powers/haste on red mage/turtle soups on omega to speed things up

You can go through his routine but you can also cheese him. Wear Hermes Sandals. Holy Water + Maiden's Kiss will Berserk, Haste and Blink Omega (through his immunities). Now, a Berserked, Hasted Omega is very fast and hits very hard, but if you keep Blink up on yourself he cannot hurt you until the images are gone. Just keep up Blink and then it's trivial to Dragon Power / Split Shell / Succubus Kiss him down.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

I'm in barrier tower right not and I'm wondering if there is a way to learn level 3 flare from the red dragon? I have Berserker/Time/Blue/Chemist

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

ZiegeDame posted:

Count this!

OK.

gatesealer posted:

I'm in barrier tower right not and I'm wondering if there is a way to learn level 3 flare from the red dragon? I have Berserker/Time/Blue/Chemist

You'd need a Beastmaster as well as a Chemist. Red Dragons won't cast L3 Flare on their own, so you have to control them, but if you do so you can only cast it on them, so you'd have to inflict reflect with Mix.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

ultrafilter posted:

You'd need a Beastmaster as well as a Chemist. Red Dragons won't cast L3 Flare on their own, so you have to control them, but if you do so you can only cast it on them, so you'd have to inflict reflect with Mix.

well poo poo. Ok guess I'll have to wait on it

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Or just don't worry about it because Level 3 Flare is not very useful. :v:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Mega64 posted:

I don't think anyone would complain if you did that. It's for charity and all.

But before you do, it might help to know that Ifrit is vulnerable to both Silence and Confuse. Silence stops Fira (but not Blaze) but wears off after a bit, and though the Zerkers will break Confuse it's nice for slowing Ifrit down a bit. Protect is useful for Ifrit's physicals too.

Of course, Byblos isn't vulnerable to those and will probably be harder...

Gave it a couple more shots, then called it. I appreciate the advice, but Blaze just whoops me. He uses the drat thing a lot. I went ahead and donated ten bucks to dig myself out of this rut so I can move on, but I figured since I was breaking the rules and all, I should up my donation from the base job fair rate at the very least.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

That's perfectly fine. If you're not having fun, no need to stick with the jobs! That's what the job fair is for.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I was watching a stream last night of a person using the randomizer for his fiesta run on the SNES since he ran it so many times he wanted something different. Anyway he used warp in the Ancient Library in world three and it sent him back to Ghido's cave. Wonder if this exist outside the randomizer?

And doing this let him visit the Mirage Village early.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Rirse posted:

I was watching a stream last night of a person using the randomizer for his fiesta run on the SNES since he ran it so many times he wanted something different. Anyway he used warp in the Ancient Library in world three and it sent him back to Ghido's cave. Wonder if this exist outside the randomizer?

And doing this let him visit the Mirage Village early.

That's the Ancient Library glitch. It only exists in the SNES version.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
My THF/BER/SER/KER team is having a bad time with NED since my thief can't survive Almaghest. Where's the best place to grind levels? Trying to proc Death on Iron Giants is going poorly. I've heard Undersea Trench with the Magic Lamp is best, but I'd have to do Fork Tower and run Rugwizard out of MP. Is there a faster place to go?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

jaclynhyde posted:

My THF/BER/SER/KER team is having a bad time with NED since my thief can't survive Almaghest. Where's the best place to grind levels? Trying to proc Death on Iron Giants is going poorly. I've heard Undersea Trench with the Magic Lamp is best, but I'd have to do Fork Tower and run Rugwizard out of MP. Is there a faster place to go?

Just grind on the rift in the area before the village. Only real threat there is an occasional roulette, and you are seconds away from a healing pot.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Thank the good god for fifthjob. Goon and 3 Zerks -> Goon, 2 Zerks, and Chemist was the only reason this got as far as it did.

Gear:

Heart:

Star:

Unfortunately everyone's been convinced of Ondore's lies, so it's just a win. Oh well.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Gonna continue my run later today. A question popped up: any particular missable I need to be wary of on my way to a three crown? I know this game is heavily item based and I just want to know if there's anything that you could miss and be unable to come back and get, in the case I hit a wall.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I never imagined my Red Mage would become my primary source of damage against Shinryu. The cheapest way to deal damage was through Rune Blade crits, so I berserked my Red Mage and fed them Dragon Power until it worked out. I'm running low on Turtle Shells so I didn't want to just do a bunch of that. (Obviously Shinryu is Berserked and I'm Blinking the whole party to not die.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derra
Dec 29, 2012

StarMinstrel posted:

Gonna continue my run later today. A question popped up: any particular missable I need to be wary of on my way to a three crown? I know this game is heavily item based and I just want to know if there's anything that you could miss and be unable to come back and get, in the case I hit a wall.

What's your team?

And I have a question, I have Mystic / Red / Dancer / Red and I've managed to get to the crystals.

At levels 15-17.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't have a way to cheese this and am going to have to get some levels (Exdeath shouldn't be too bad with the Staves of Light I have, but I don't see a way around this one). Is there a recommended grinding spot in W2, especially if you have bad damage output? Thanks.

derra fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jun 24, 2017

• Locked thread