Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Brother Entropy posted:

i just did the 65 dungeon and that might be my favorite dungeon in all of ffxiv

it's super good. i think gubal regular is still my favorite but that + one of the 70 ones are right there with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Eopia posted:

Upgraded shire gear is obsolete by level 64, and is showing its age by the 65 dungeon especially with the extreme defense bloat we're seeing. By the time you get tomestone gear it has literally over double the defense stats as upgraded shire. May as well get it anyway so you can replace it by running the level 65 dungeon though.

Nah upgraded shire gear isn't obsolete until 67. That's totally wrong. Its ilevel 670.

Maybe if you get lucky dungeon drops at 65, yeah, but its not "obsolete" until 67 really.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Cythereal posted:

Bosses in this game are certainly visually impressive. Just took down Ifrit, and for the first primal in the story that was already a much more dramatic looking fight than anything I'd expect outside a raid in other MMOs I've played.

Ifrit's easily the least interesting Primal in the game so you've got a lot to look forward to!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The two non-Red Mage jobs that I'm most interested in leveling right now are Samurai and Machinist and I'm slightly saddened by the lack of support they bring. I generally like to be The Useful Guy even if I'm not a healer. I suppose I should just play Bard then, but I want to gun or sword things, drat it.

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe

Sinteres posted:

Uh, I just got locked out of my character because the launcher is saying I haven't registered the Stormblood expansion, and then it says my code has already been registered when I try to do it (since I already did that before). Awesome.

This just happened to me except it looks like the actual full game registration code doesn't work? Everything I've seen says I'm taking the rights steps but it's still showing invalid code. Awesome.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Harrow posted:

The two non-Red Mage jobs that I'm most interested in leveling right now are Samurai and Machinist and I'm slightly saddened by the lack of support they bring. I generally like to be The Useful Guy even if I'm not a healer. I suppose I should just play Bard then, but I want to gun or sword things, drat it.

Ultimately just play what you want. MCH is sick.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Remember as far as role abilities go, there is zero penalty to change them at any time outside of combat.

There is nothing to stop healers from casting protect at the start of a dungeon and then changing it out. DPS do not need a stun or silence unless they're specifically going to be stunning/silencing things.
Yeah, I've been writing macros for all my jobs to make different role action sets for soloing/group stuff, definitely recommend doing that cause it gets a bit tedious swapping poo poo around. Also macroed protect to swap it in, cast it, and then swap it out.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Harrow posted:

I mean you get Goad for any melee class at least. :shrug:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Augus posted:

I mean you get Goad for any melee class at least. :shrug:

Yeah, and you get Refresh and Tactician for any physical ranged job, so it's not like Machinist has no support, just very little compared to Bard, which I guess is the point.

Skeezy posted:

Ultimately just play what you want. MCH is sick.

It does seem extremely :krad: and if there's one thing I like more than being the versatile magic guy, it's being the guy with all the cool technology.

Jump potion is looking real tempting so I can roll into Stormblood with MCH instead of RDM honestly, especially after I did all of the HW story with RDM. Hm.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Found the perfect sam glam

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Harrow posted:

MCH brings a 5% damage buff and 10% debuff and aoe speed boost/aoe mp/tp, same as BRD. How's that not useful?

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Rhymenoserous posted:

The Men's Rights Activist of Light.

Ready to do battle with Garleans, primals, and SJWs.

Edit: You need to get a unicolt minion to complete the look.

Philonius fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jun 24, 2017

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Rhymenoserous posted:

ska ftw

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Augus posted:

Leg Sweep is kinda useful in single player content, but for dungeons it's pretty much useless ain't it? Anything that needs to be stunned is better of being stunned by the tank

PLD is the only tank with a stun that isn't a role action now, so assuming the tank is going to have a stun slotted doesn't work.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

occluded posted:

This just happened to me except it looks like the actual full game registration code doesn't work? Everything I've seen says I'm taking the rights steps but it's still showing invalid code. Awesome.

There is a big pale pink button on the mog station specifically for the expansion code. Going to the enter item code menu, which looks identical in every way, won't work. Also codes are case sensitive.

These are all things I found out today.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Anyone else have issues with the latest enmity overlay for ACT? It's telling me it can't load the DLL for it despite it being exactly where it's looking. :confused:

e; guess it's an actual bug, :rip:

24/06/2017 20:10:51: Error: LoadAddons: D:\Program Files\Advanced Combat Tracker\OverlayPlugin\addons\EnmityOverlay.dll: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///D:\Program Files\Advanced Combat Tracker\OverlayPlugin\addons\EnmityOverlay.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
File name: 'file:///D:\Program Files\Advanced Combat Tracker\OverlayPlugin\addons\EnmityOverlay.dll' ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This relessembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch.

e2; or not - seems like it was just W10 blocking the main overlay DLL. Unblocking it worked, though I also had to re-add the overlay and reconfigure it from scratch, thanks ACT.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jun 24, 2017

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Augus posted:

Ifrit's easily the least interesting Primal in the game so you've got a lot to look forward to!

In fairness Ifrit does have a really good looking arena to fight in, and it's a popular screenshot location. But yeah the primals (and other trials) after basically the marquee set pieces the story is built around, and a lot of work went into making them cool fights. The original three primals feel exciting on your first run but soon feel tame compared to what you run into later.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

loving awesome

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

I don't get it

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Cythereal posted:

Bosses in this game are certainly visually impressive. Just took down Ifrit, and for the first primal in the story that was already a much more dramatic looking fight than anything I'd expect outside a raid in other MMOs I've played.

My man you haven't seen anything yet. It's a big part of why I struggled to get back into WoW. Bosses there just feel like a great big nothing even in raids. Very little work goes into presentation and sound design so, gently caress, why should I care either? :shrug:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Blizzard have tried a bit harder with boss presentation since ARR really took off, I feel, but it's still not good.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Verranicus posted:

I don't get it

Lyse, formerly known as Yda, the dimwitted and energetic comic relief character, suddenly becomes an extremely serious character in this expansion.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Philonius posted:

The Men's Rights Activist of Light.

Ready to do battle with Garleans, primals, and SJWs.

Edit: You need to get a unicolt minion to complete the look.

It's not me, it's another goon, but yeah lol

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

She is still a bit of a goofball.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

This is in many ways her expansion and she has a personal stake in its events, so she does sober up more. But she is still pretty silly.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Rhymenoserous posted:

Glamurai

I've already put it on Eorzea Collection. https://ffxiv.eorzeacollection.com/glamour/i-studied-the-blade

(when do we get a striking dummy that's just a few milk crates with some water bottles on top?)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Minrad posted:

MCH brings a 5% damage buff and 10% debuff and aoe speed boost/aoe mp/tp, same as BRD. How's that not useful?

Mostly I've just seen people compare it unfavorably to what BRD can bring, I think. The damage buff/enemy damage debuff is definitely nice, though, and the heat mechanic looks like a ton of fun (though really punishing if you gently caress it up).

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Machinist, I think, still has one of the highest skill caps in the game. It's a tough job to master, and I was never very good at it. I could never get the wildfire rhythm down at 60 and I'm a bit intimidated by the heat mechanic. I haven't tried the class much since SB launched. I like it for glamours because guns are cool, but I don't think I'd subject anyone else to my subpar machining in a raid or primal fight.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Leofish posted:

Glamurai

I've already put it on Eorzea Collection. https://ffxiv.eorzeacollection.com/glamour/i-studied-the-blade

(when do we get a striking dummy that's just a few milk crates with some water bottles on top?)

This is great but I think I'd shoot myself before using it even ironically.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm just glad with the addition of the new job we can finally be Samurai Pizza Cats.

...is there pizza in the game? :ohdear:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Lyse, formerly known as Yda, the dimwitted and energetic comic relief character, suddenly becomes an extremely serious character in this expansion.

She's still real fuckin' dumb in Stormblood.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

lyse was the worst part of stormblood

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Harrow posted:

Mostly I've just seen people compare it unfavorably to what BRD can bring, I think. The damage buff/enemy damage debuff is definitely nice, though, and the heat mechanic looks like a ton of fun (though really punishing if you gently caress it up).

I'm not helping I know but Bard is loving rad for this reason. Targeted convalescence and party wide damage reduction (physical or magica) or max HP is incredibly rad.

That said, MCH still brings the stuff offered in the role actions and people will still love the hell out of you for MP/TP restores and being able to throw a Rampart around. And whatever else MCH has on top of that, I'm not familiar with their kit.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Tsurupettan posted:

lyse was the worst part of stormblood

Lol not even close.

The worst part is Zenos by far. The least interesting antagonist this game has ever had.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
When the gently caress did Adders become top dog in PvP?

Out of the 10 matches I've done this week, Adders have won every single one.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Zenos is cool and strong and he's my friend

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

Meanwhile I literally haven't seen Adders win since SB started. It's usually Immortal Flames, sometimes Mael. :shrug:

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Mordiceius posted:

For whatever reason they always tend to have the most premade pvp parties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Vadoc posted:

For whatever reason they always tend to have the most premade pvp parties.

That's what it feels like. Every match I'm in, Adders is working as a perfectly coordinated team. They're all moving together and wiping out everyone in their way.

In the matches I've been in, Adders win 100% of the time. Then Maelstrom takes 2nd about 2/3 and flames take it 1/3.