Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

citybeatnik posted:

So I finally managed to muscle my way through a Chapo Trap House episode (not my cup of tea but by god I tried) and it left me wondering... when CHUD is used, are people literally referring to sewer dwelling cannibals or has it taken on a different meaning that has somehow slipped by me?

That's the sense I've always taken it in, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

citybeatnik posted:

So I finally managed to muscle my way through a Chapo Trap House episode (not my cup of tea but by god I tried) and it left me wondering... when CHUD is used, are people literally referring to sewer dwelling cannibals or has it taken on a different meaning that has somehow slipped by me?

Yeah it's their term for the hardcore Trump supporting idiots. MAGA CHUDs.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I always thought it was particularly weird of Florida to care when its economy is the lingering funds of the Cocaine Cowboys that continued to circulate and populated by who knows how many retired mafia/organized/blue collar crooks that never got caught. Including the President now.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

god bless our retarded president

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

I don't pity the fool.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

citybeatnik posted:

Yes it's the original meaning

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Pellisworth posted:

Yeah it's their term for the hardcore Trump supporting idiots. MAGA CHUDs.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

That's the sense I've always taken it in, yeah.

Trabisnikof posted:

They entirely mean the sewer people from the movie.

Huh, learn something new every day. Thanks.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Imagine Donald Trump as president during the arms race, lol.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Crabtree posted:

I always thought it was particularly weird of Florida to care when its economy is the lingering funds of the Cocaine Cowboys that continued to circulate and populated by who knows how many retired mafia/organized/blue collar crooks that never got caught. Including the President now.
Our state is literally run by a white collar criminal former CEO.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Lightning Lord posted:

Zucky might do UBI to shut us all up. At least we'll get Brave New World instead of the alternative I guess!

Has he actually done anything to help achieve UBI, though, outside of talking about it that one time?

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

https://twitter.com/MrT/status/849021768572391425

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

More like Donald Low-T from that baldness cure + male menopause.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

DaveWoo posted:

Has he actually done anything to help achieve UBI, though, outside of talking about it that one time?

The closest to him through Kevin Bacon rules is YCombinator, they're doing a UBI pilot project in Oakland right now

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

business hammocks posted:

More like Donald Low-T from that baldness cure + male menopause.

That's a stretch.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Has he ever referred to himself in the third person before?

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

It's fun in a morbid sort of way watching the ad blitz against Heller's no. Beyond the legion of Twitter bots, the line of attack seems to be that it's the fault of southern Nevada...where 2/3rds of the population lay.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
poo poo, people. Who cares what Zuckerberg did. Nothing matters anymore.

Why else would he even be considering this if not for Trump proving literally anyone can be President as long as you're famous. We will know if he's truly serious when Facebook starts producing original programming and one of the shows is a reality series starring the Zuck.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Has he ever referred to himself in the third person before?

Repeatedly during and prior to campaigning, less so since he was elected.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/878717095701336064

Donnie must have had a lot of fiber and is bored on the pot today.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Except stupid suckers have liked Trump for years based on an image he's carefully crafted for himself.

No one, anywhere, has ever or will ever like Zuck.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

He's in the clubhouse shitter after finishing the front 9.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/878715504063643648
He's actually implying that Putin tried to help Hillary. I guess that means he has to be tough to Russia now!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/878717095701336064
This just sounds condescending.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Except stupid suckers have liked Trump for years based on an image he's carefully crafted for himself.

No one, anywhere, has ever or will ever like Zuck.

Yea, I have to agree, America isn't going to elect a weird nerd who's uncharismatic as gently caress.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/878715504063643648

He is an impressively simple man

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
Trump's tweets today make no sense, and that's graded on Trump's curve. He's melting down.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Milosh posted:

Trump's tweets today make no sense, and that's graded on Trump's curve. He's melting down.

Someone check what he saw on Fox News to trigger this sudden outburst.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Autism Sneaks posted:

gently caress off BKP, maybe try making another thread about how huge of snowflakes you and your spawn are

Straight to personal attacks. Dun posting gud. Zuckerberg is terrible but there isn't anything wrong with anyone attempting to understand others. It's interesting how much you seem not to like that.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
He just finished a round of golf and is probably tired, so he's sundowning early today.

from webmd:

quote:

Symptoms

When someone is sundowning, they may be:

Agitated (upset or anxious)
Restless
Irritable
Confused
Disoriented
Demanding
Suspicious

They also may:

Yell
Pace
Hear or see things that aren’t there
Have mood swings

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Imagine the last days of Stalin if he had Twitter.
I'd imagine the same level of coherency we see here.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

cant cook creole bream posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/878715504063643648
He's actually implying that Putin tried to help Hillary. I guess that means he has to be tough to Russia now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx6Z_BAGPqw

hillary was 100% in cahoots with putin

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Jeff Bezos 2020!!!!!!!

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Pellisworth posted:

He just finished a round of golf and is probably tired, so he's sundowning early today.

I'm sure he has an appropriate sundown town in mind to recuperate in, then.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Krispy Kareem posted:

poo poo, people. Who cares what Zuckerberg did. Nothing matters anymore.

Why else would he even be considering this if not for Trump proving literally anyone can be President as long as you're famous. We will know if he's truly serious when Facebook starts producing original programming and one of the shows is a reality series starring the Zuck.

It's probably opened the floodgates for rich folks of all parties trying their luck. The next DNC primary will probably look like the Oscars backstage party. Previously, rich folk didn't want to run because it was thought you needed to start out "small" like being a governor or senator for a few years to get your chops, like Reagan. Effort! But now they know that the American people actually prefer a complete lack of experience - as it makes you "not a politician."

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

BarbarianElephant posted:

It's probably opened the floodgates for rich folks of all parties trying their luck. The next DNC primary will probably look like the Oscars backstage party. Previously, rich folk didn't want to run because it was thought you needed to start out "small" like being a governor or senator for a few years to get your chops, like Reagan. Effort! But now they know that the American people actually prefer a complete lack of experience - as it makes you "not a politician."

Zuckeburg Ruffelo 2020!

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

BarbarianElephant posted:

lmao, the dnc called a sitting senator a sexist what do you think they would do to some hollywood type

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
I can't wait for trump to replace Kennedy with another originalist shithead judge and then America will really be in a handmaidens tale tailspin

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Milosh posted:

His mind is desperately trying to piece together his three truths:

1) I won the election because I am the best and everyone loves me. Just ask Rasmussen. The people have spoken. I did it all by myself and didn't need help from anyone.
2) There is actual proof that Russia manipulated the election.
3) Putin is a cool dude who seems nice.

2)+3) Only works if he assumes that Putin supported Trump, because he was the better candidate. But that would contradict 1)
3)+1) My buddy did nothing bad and nobody could ever proof something different. (This was his standard configuration until recently.)

But now it's 1)+2). I won the election and there was meddling. But I was the underdog who won without any help. So Russia must have been helping Crooked Hillary But I stil beat her, because I am just the best. I bet I actually won NY. People there love me! Everybody does.

Mnoba posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx6Z_BAGPqw

hillary was 100% in cahoots with putin

I'm not watching that. The first minute is already terrible.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Cabbit posted:

I bet his angle here is that the fact that Obama knew about meddling and did nothing is proof that the meddling was actually on behalf of democrats, against him.

This cat is ridiculously easy to predict, I can't fathom how anyone has ever been caught flat-footed by Trump. I'm a loving moron and I can do it.

poo poo, maybe that's the trick.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

cant cook creole bream posted:

I'm not watching that. The first minute is already terrible.

It's the russian uranium deal all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

BrandorKP posted:

Straight to personal attacks. Dun posting gud. Zuckerberg is terrible but there isn't anything wrong with anyone attempting to understand others. It's interesting how much you seem not to like that.

Nobody has the time or patience for your self-important navel-gazing bullshit. Every instance of you saying something like "what does this say about us" or "it's interesting how" we all imagine you furiously jerking off

• Locked thread