Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

EorayMel posted:

So I just bought the ultimate edition for :30bux: what are some good and cool things to use with it. Minigun?

I like being able to bring either doctor or ammo bags in random games incase there are 3 others of each, having inspire+iron man suit while going dakka with big lmgs and M.U.S.C.L.E MUSCLE!

*Currently 0 points in fugitive; would like to find a way to get ace nine lives for insurance. Maybe should get more infamy to get perk discounts.

You can change profiles in the loadout screen, provided you've met certain requirements that I've forgotten (some are level locked, I think you can spend offshore money to unlock some?). Once you've unlocked those profiles, there will be no need to waste points on redundancy like that.

And yeah, infamizing for the discounts will allow you to be much more versatile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
You can use all profiles by default.

Skill profiles are different and must be asigned to profiles individually, and bought for money to unlock each one. Press S when looking at skills to access this.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
i end my crime spree at 403 and the only weapon mod i didn't have 2 of already was the short barrel for the mgl since i just made a cut down mgl so the game me 80 of them. why is payday 2 like this

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

So you probably worked out that the card drops in Crime Spree only check how many gun mods you have once...

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

i end my crime spree at 403 and the only weapon mod i didn't have 2 of already was the short barrel for the mgl since i just made a cut down mgl so the game me 80 of them. why is payday 2 like this

Join them all together to make a barrel that you can use to shoot from one mission into another.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

EorayMel posted:

So I just bought the ultimate edition for :30bux: what are some good and cool things to use with it. Minigun?

I like being able to bring either doctor or ammo bags in random games incase there are 3 others of each, having inspire+iron man suit while going dakka with big lmgs and M.U.S.C.L.E MUSCLE!

*Currently 0 points in fugitive; would like to find a way to get ace nine lives for insurance. Maybe should get more infamy to get perk discounts.

Yes, you should try to climb to Infamy V as soon as possible. This is much easier than it used to be. You can pick any one of the infinite heists (Cook Off, White Xmas, Santa's Workshop, Counterfeit) to grind XP and money - Overkill difficulty gives you a huge amount and shouldn't be too difficult - or you can find someone with a much higher Crime Spree level to help you to rapidly attain a high Crime Spree rank that you can then cash out for an instant experience boost.

As for the build, you don't need Aced Fully Loaded when you've already got 2 full ammo bags. Throwables are not really worth it. You don't need Sharpshooter if you're going to use LMGs with Body Expertise, either. That's 9 points freed up to put towards Swan Song.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Being able to pick up more throwables is pretty dope when you're chucking flashbangs at hordes of gensecs, though.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

RandallODim posted:

Being able to pick up more throwables is pretty dope when you're chucking flashbangs at hordes of gensecs, though.
Or Molotovs at choke or spawn points.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Updated powerlevelling PRO STRATS for getting to Infamy 5+ fast:

Once you hit the level cap for whatever infamy you're on (including 0) do Crime Spree until you've stashed up a pretty big one. Go for 200+ crime spree level, higher still if you're comfortable doing so.

Infamy to level 0

Cash in Crime Spree for big lump of exp, this will get you over minimum level requirements for heists to come and ensure you get maximum benefit from them. Previously we were saving cashing in the crime spree until later but it turns out there's no real reason to do so.
OD Ukrainian Job - It's Jewelry Store, but for more rewards and with a chance of there being 5 guards. If there's 5 guards, just avoid the alley ones.
OD Diamond Store - The only thing that can really go wrong here is if there's no door into the camera room, and that just means having to ecm rush to deal with the camera room. Don't forget guards will path to broken cameras to check them out; this can be used on outside cameras to lure guards to safe places for silent kills.
OD Election Day (20% Stealth Bonus) - A lot of people suggest sticking to overkill on this to avoid the need for crowbars on day 2 but I really don't find it that onerous to check the handful of spawn locations for a crowbar.
Firestarter on the hardest difficulty your group can manage (stealth days 2 and 3, day 1 can go VERY fast if someone brings a saw) to carry over ANOTHER +20% stealth bonus
Full Cook Rats/Hoxbreak/etc on the hardest difficulty your group can manage.

If you're concerned about failure, Mayhem's an option for the final two heists that's still gonna give enough extra exp vs. easykill to be worthwhile, but I'd definitely recommend going Death Wish for the Firestarter run as only day 1 of that is loud and if anyone brings a saw, day 1 is very quick. Day 2 mostly comes down to getting anything at all accomplished in stealth and then ECM rushing your way home, day 3's a bog standard bank job that any goon group can do in their sleep at this point. Firestarter's worth a decent lump of exp and stealthing days 2 and 3 means having ANOTHER +20% stealth bonus to use while cashing in the one from Election Day on the Firestarter run.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Or Molotovs at choke or spawn points.

Yeah, basically any sort of area denial, which is super useful. Throwables are good and cool and all the best criminals use them.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
Okay I'm going to lay the hottest new poo poo on all of you. It's great.

So here we go.

Steakout.. HITMAN.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Unsurprising, Hitman is good with any weapon that kills poo poo fast.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

maswastaken posted:

So you probably worked out that the card drops in Crime Spree only check how many gun mods you have once...

i noticed

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

Wastrel_ posted:

Unsurprising, Hitman is good with any weapon that kills poo poo fast.

Also hostage taker, but then who doesn't want more hp and regenning HP?

It's just kind of funny. You read the deck and think this is kind of poo poo, but it seems it works great when fighting from cover precisely because of how it's mechanics work. Which is how you are supposed to be playing anyway. The deck is incredibly good so long as you ignore that it has anything to do with akimbos.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I bring a minigun.

For backup for my bronco.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

Fuuka Ayase posted:

Also hostage taker, but then who doesn't want more hp and regenning HP?

It's just kind of funny. You read the deck and think this is kind of poo poo, but it seems it works great when fighting from cover precisely because of how it's mechanics work. Which is how you are supposed to be playing anyway. The deck is incredibly good so long as you ignore that it has anything to do with akimbos.

It works very well with akimbo SMGs with Aced BE, actually, though it sucks with akimbo pistols.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
I just had a newbie pubbie get an Electric Centre drop.

I haven't seen it drop once since beta, lucky duck.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

Wastrel_ posted:

It works very well with akimbo SMGs with Aced BE, actually, though it sucks with akimbo pistols.

What really concerns me is the deck's tendency to bug and eliminate all ammo bonuses.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Just switch to another profile and then switch back in inventory before you join any games, and you'll get the right amount of ammo.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

Wastrel_ posted:

Just switch to another profile and then switch back in inventory before you join any games, and you'll get the right amount of ammo.

Depending on what version you're on, that either doesn't work, works, or works and can give you the hitman bonus twice. Whether you are host or client also changes the behavior, so I'm not surprised they've had such a hard time tracking down that bug and eliminating it.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

Rougey posted:

I just had a newbie pubbie get an Electric Centre drop.

I haven't seen it drop once since beta, lucky duck.

Never seen one drop on Xbox 1. My 360 account probably has at least 50.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
I'm having a weird issue. Randomly I get movement lag where pressing an arrow key takes 3+ seconds to register. I can shoot and move the camera without any problems its just movement. I've googled it and all I've found is to turn vsync off but its always been off.

Also are shotguns just the defacto weapon for free 2 play accounts? I have ammo problems with everything but shotguns. I'm sticking to overkill at the moment so maybe that has something to do with it? Recently I've stuck to assault rifles since I hit infamy to try something different and I miss being able to run around the map just popping domes with my shottys.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Shotguns are pretty good, but the base game also includes a free LMG and the M308, which is the most well-rounded DMR in the game, and those are pretty ammo efficient as well. If you're only playing on Overkill difficulty, most assault rifles should do just fine too with minimal skill point investment.

Nothing in the Ultimate Edition really gives you a massive edge except grenade launchers and the custom dragonsbreath ammo for shotguns.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

It's not so much that shotguns are powerful for the free2play DLC-less crowd, but that shotguns are powerful across the board. The other day I was in a goon group where all 4 players were using an autoshotgun primary with an explosive (GL or explosive shotgun) secondary. Nothing wrong with the game balance here!

The Steakout, Izhma, Goliath, Predator, M1014 and Street Sweeper are all extremely good weapons with high pickup such that a modest investment in shotgun skills (basic overkill) allows them to one-shot basic foes on moderate difficulties. Of that list I think only the Steakout is DLC-locked.

Notably here, weapons I actually use:

Shotguns: Steakout, Izhma, Street Sweeper
LMG: KSP, Brenner
Assault Rifle: Little Friend, CAR4, AK Rifle, Cavity
SMG: UZI, Blaster, Micro-UZI, Tatonka
Handguns: Akimbo Crosskills, Akimbo Bernettis, LEO, 5/7
Special: GL40, Arbiter

The weapon rebalance (last year?) got us to the present situation of shotgun supremacy, with a few standouts in other categories for select applications. Behind shotguns, GL's are probably the next best category, particularly if you count the Little Friend's underbarrel GL. Assault Rifles are in a weird place where for (non-DMR) applications they tend to get outshone by SMGs, particularly the UZI. Handguns are a weak category across the board, with little to recommend them outside of the niche-filling 5/7 and selected Akimbos due to Hitman and the associated Fugitive tree.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Has the AI been improved? Just ran through the basic heists because it's been I think since Hardcore Henry came out and they seem ALOT more useful than I remembered. Also is there any point to the safehouse upgrades? Like I said it's been awhile so I'm lost as to all the changes that have been made.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

juliuspringle posted:

Has the AI been improved? Just ran through the basic heists because it's been I think since Hardcore Henry came out and they seem ALOT more useful than I remembered. Also is there any point to the safehouse upgrades? Like I said it's been awhile so I'm lost as to all the changes that have been made.

AI got a rework around a month ago. They're still not amazing, but since they can revive you, carry bags and be told to stop in place they're better than a good chunk of pubbies now.

Safehouse upgrades are mostly pointless, but a few have some use. Upgrading Wick gets you the target range and his little obstacle course; Dragan gets you a (mostly useless) punching bag; Sokol gets you a hockey minigame; Houston gives you more paint jobs for the van; Bonnie lets you gamble for small amounts of cash. So nothing you really HAVE to get, but with crime sprees now the coins flow like water so why not? Get shiny things.

e: If you're going to spend it on just one, upgrade Houston so you can have a van that's gold or is an ice cream truck.

Tempest_56 fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jun 26, 2017

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Bots drop bags too often to be relied on.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

chairface posted:

It's not so much that shotguns are powerful for the free2play DLC-less crowd, but that shotguns are powerful across the board. The other day I was in a goon group where all 4 players were using an autoshotgun primary with an explosive (GL or explosive shotgun) secondary. Nothing wrong with the game balance here!

Please do not have them try to balance weapons again. Nothing good will come of it.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Tempest_56 posted:

AI got a rework around a month ago. They're still not amazing, but since they can revive you, carry bags and be told to stop in place they're better than a good chunk of pubbies now.
Perhaps one day I will meet a pubbie who not only picks up the C4 on Panic Room but also starts with the roof and then I may consider the possibility that bots are better than as few as "a good chunk".

Pubbies are a lot better at carrying bags though. They only inexplicably drop them when going down or reviving someone who went down 2 inches away.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Wastrel_ posted:

Please do not have them try to balance weapons again. Nothing good will come of it.

I really really want pickup to be unfucked so it's not a struggle to remain ammo neutral with 80 damage rifles.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Mayhem is completely infested with crappy players these days. They can generally be carried on Overkill, but Mayhem actually requires some thought to be put into builds and some kind of skill at the game.

Then, of course, you have the total scrubs who try to join OD games with literally 1-10 hours of playtime. If you don't have it already, get NGBTO because that's the only way to host public games without having to manually kick poo poo players once every couple of minutes.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
My favorite of those types of things was when a fresh level 40 joined One Down Rats because "Overkill was too easy". They were immediately told that it was because they were carried the entire time, and left in shame.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Yeah there are a lot of bads out there right now. I was testing a Manaic build and joined a DW Cookoff. Had one other high level dude and two sub-75 zero infamy guys. I was running around murdering cops by the hundred and keeping the Maniac bar full. Noobs say "man this is easy". I got afk for a minute to piss because the higher level guy wanted to cook 15 bags. Come back and they are all down. "Hrmm...."

I ended up saving all of them because I wanted my 1k+ kills to count towards Robbedacop for whatever sadistic reason.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Played a bit of this at a friend's place and managed to solo a one down stealth heist. I don't think it was particularly difficult (shadow raid) and he had a good skill setup, but it was exciting as poo poo. Even figured out the trick to get the armor solo. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on getting ultimate edition since it was on steam and on sale.

What dlc isn't included with ultimate edition that is worth getting?

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

tweet my meat posted:

Played a bit of this at a friend's place and managed to solo a one down stealth heist. I don't think it was particularly difficult (shadow raid) and he had a good skill setup, but it was exciting as poo poo. Even figured out the trick to get the armor solo. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on getting ultimate edition since it was on steam and on sale.

What dlc isn't included with ultimate edition that is worth getting?

Every dlc that currently exists is in Ultimate Edition.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The only things missing are the timed exclusives that mainly include cosmetic items. These would be the Lootbag Preorder Pack, the Alienware Alpha DLC, and the Completely Overkill Pack, which cost hundreds of dollars and aren't really worth the time if you're sane.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Also a number of Humble Bundle exclusives and some other stuff that couldn't really be bought in the first place.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Ok cool that's a relief. Any good youtube videos or guides on like the basics of getting good? My fps skills are decent but I'm jumping in with a pretty experienced group and I don't really wanna be dead weight until they teach me.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

tweet my meat posted:

Ok cool that's a relief. Any good youtube videos or guides on like the basics of getting good? My fps skills are decent but I'm jumping in with a pretty experienced group and I don't really wanna be dead weight until they teach me.

Having done exactly that at the start: don't worry about it. Hop on Discord, let goons show you around. You'll get up to speed faster, we like new players and you aren't going to be dead weight if you have basic listening skills. Really. It's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I've already got a group of friends that plays pretty regularly that'll be willing to show me the ropes, so I'll probably hold off on joining the goon group unless I get really into the game. Then again I could always just hop into some one down pubbie games, a real trial by fire.