Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

He's actually a clockwork dog-man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

sharktamer posted:

My theory is that watchdogman is a guy in a dog suit.

big if true

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

WatchdogMan is a kobold. That's why he's so powerful.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

sharktamer posted:

Except the guy is actually a powered exo-suit that is piloted by a very small dog.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Who watches the watchdog man?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Watchdog Man Watchdog?

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

sharktamer posted:

:thunk:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it's a dog in a guy suit

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Moltrey posted:

it's a dog in a guy suit

Lol ok Donnie Darko.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

Lol ok Donnie Darko.

No, that's a dog in a rabbit suit.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Found this site through reddit that graphs shows and their ratings across seasons/episodes.

http://graphtv.kevinformatics.com/tt4508902

It's amazing the quality of the anime, it trends up ending at an amazing 9.8. Interesting to see how season 2 is received.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

ninjewtsu posted:

I thought it was stuff like "a villain is holding a hostage at gunpoint. How do you handle this situation?" And saitama's answer was "just punch him before he can shoot." Which rightfully should raise some red flags about any hero that isn't saitama.

I don't remember if there was much info at all about the content about the written exam, other than "saitama definitely doesn't care enough or have thought about this enough to get a good score"

I think generally the issue is less "heroes are often not placed where they should be," and more "when a hero DOES get misplaced, the system just shrugs and says 'eat poo poo nerd'"

"Some dude did great on the physical exam but doesn't know the first thing about being a hero, better stick him in C and see what happens" sounds reasonable until you actually look at saitama, who shattered the gym the exam took place in and still got put in C, and despite being a known part of preventing multiple major disasters (the meteor, sea king, I don't remember if the HA knows that he was there for boros) the general assumption is "oh, this low ranker just happened to be nearby when some S ranks took care of the problem. Give him a couple points for being able to stay alive, I guess." The system just stops functioning correctly when someone is misplaced to that degree.

I guess he's rising slowly, so theoretically he Eventually gets put where he deserves, but who knows how long that could take.

You also have to remember this is a world where people can have strange powers. To the association it's completely possible saitama has some way to manipulate people into thinking he has godlike physical power.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
That's King's power, as the last chapter showed again.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Hot Take: Watchdogman is a good boy

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

A late birthday present was waiting for me in work today and part of it was this! The tag lists it as owned by ONE, Yusuke Murata/SHUEISHA, and Hero Association HQ which is very :kimchi:

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Jun 26, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

EmmyOk posted:

A late birthday present was waiting for me in work today and part of it was this! The tag lists it as owned by ONE, Yusuke Murata/SHUEISHA, and Hero Association HQ which is very :kimchi:

That is a very unfortunate seam on the top of his head there.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Get it a tiny bushy wig. Problem solved!

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hooray, I've finally caught up! Now I can talk about the cool heroes again!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Now go read the ONE version.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

:negative: But I wanna read it in the Murata versioooooooon

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
By the time we get there you'll have probably have forgotten what happened and get to experience it all again!

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

one punch man one punched the enemy bad guy villain

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

where the red fern gropes posted:

one punch man one punched the enemy bad guy villain

Only half of em

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

At first, I thought he kicked King's bike and the impact of that sent Garou through the wall.

Anyway, can someone link all those rad non-canon comics into one post?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Hey, he's going off script, he's so bored! What are we supposed to call him now? One Kick Man?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Guys, he's not even officially One Punch Man. So long as he wears a cape and is bald, he will remain Caped Baldy.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So, Murata did this to promote the new Power Rangers film

https://twitter.com/PowerRangersJP/status/882721158839193600

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I never saw the movie, but what's the black ranger's deal? He's not doing anything in the poster like the others.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
He's supposed to be piloting his robot, I think.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Zack had a sick grandma and that was kinda his deal in the movie.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
He was also the first one to pilot his Zord, basically taking it for a joyride, so yeah, that's him piloting the robot. It's just a bit of an odd pose to look at without seeing the thing he's driving and all.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
He kinda looks like Femto

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

tap my mountain posted:

He kinda looks like Femto

I was really into the Power Rangers movie until the Black Ranger suddenly sacrificed the other rangers to demons to become a God.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

RatHat posted:

I was really into the Power Rangers movie until the Black Ranger suddenly sacrificed the other rangers to demons to become a God.

it was just to save his mom

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

I can't believe that Chick tract was right after all!

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Raws are out.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Here's the super-rough speed TL, I'm assuming there'll be something better looking tomorrow.
http://imgur.com/a/yY9mB

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I can't believe Speed of Sound Sonic cooked the monster cell. This chapter is incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Sonic got a stomach ache :(