Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I feel like if I post this in the Witcher thread, I'll be run off, and if I post it in the Dragon Age thread... I'll also be run off so I'm posting it in the Trmup Thread.

After finally playing The Witcher 3, and being nearly done with the base game, it's undoubtedly good, but it is no way "the best game ever", and a lot of the flaws it has are the very same flaws that video game nerds complained about with Inquisition (like the fact that the vast majority of W3's open world secondary quests are garbage. also it's funny that they complain about bioware romances being bad when every woman in the witcher is desperate to gently caress Geralt). It also has literally no non-white people, and only like 1.5 gay people, which is kind of hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Schnorkles posted:

heller won in 2012

he's up for election next year.

wait wasn't heller the gop person in the ossof election?

oh nvm it's handel

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Agrajag posted:

wait wasn't heller the gop person in the ossof election?

handel

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

I'd vote for weird dave

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Nichael posted:

I feel like if I post this in the Witcher thread, I'll be run off, and if I post it in the Dragon Age thread... I'll also be run off so I'm posting it in the Trmup Thread.

After finally playing The Witcher 3, and being nearly done with the base game, it's undoubtedly good, but it is no way "the best game ever", and a lot of the flaws it has are the very same flaws that video game nerds complained about with Inquisition (like the fact that the vast majority of W3's open world secondary quests are garbage). It also has literally no non-white people, and only like 1.5 gay people, which is kind of hosed up.
its combat succed

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Heller is the republican senator from NV, and, while a strong candidate in NV, is by far the most in danger republican senator

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

my... posting mojo

:negative:

schnorkles take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Agrajag posted:

makes no sense to me at all.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Squizzle posted:

schnorkles take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

thank you my friend

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

HEY NONG MAN posted:

I'd vote for weird dave

Over ironstache though? Hell no

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

heller handel whatever

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

its combat succed

It doesn't suck, but it's ridiculously easy even on death march. A lot of the game's big flaws seem to be overlooked or excused, but are harped on in other games.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

MariusLecter posted:

Al! Is a mess

im currently disappointingly finding out that they dont sell cheap picture frames for animated gifs

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The Flying Cat -
On Its Supersonic Journey to The Outer Rims

HEY NONG MAN posted:

I'd vote for weird dave

Dave is just this guy, you know

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nichael posted:

After finally playing The Witcher 3, and being nearly done with the base game, it's undoubtedly good, but it is no way "the best game ever", and a lot of the flaws it has are the very same flaws that video game nerds complained about with Inquisition (like the fact that the vast majority of W3's open world secondary quests are garbage. also it's funny that they complain about bioware romances being bad when every woman in the witcher is desperate to gently caress Geralt). It also has literally no non-white people, and only like 1.5 gay people, which is kind of hosed up.

It seems kinda weird to complain about the lack of diversity in the Witcher when it's the only successful game I know of that's made by Polish people, based off a Polish novel, inspired by Polish mythology. That seems like a win for diversity in gaming even if there's no black people.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Nichael posted:

character animations and customization in inquisition are pure trash

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i also agree with the fact that heller changed the calculus somewhat. He's been a good party soldier up until this point and collins and murkowski being critical while not coming out and saying "we won't vote for this crap" indicated that the internal deliberations were still ongoing and McConnell had his caucus generally on board. Heller felt absolutely required to come out firmly against, and that's changed things.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Guy Goodbody posted:

It seems kinda weird to complain about the lack of diversity in the Witcher when it's the only successful game I know of that's made by Polish people, based off a Polish novel, inspired by Polish mythology. That seems like a win for diversity in gaming even if there's no black people.
Dying Light is also a successful Polish game set in the Olympics Global Athletic Games in not-Turkey

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i thought the Witcher 3 was somewhere between good and great but not transcendental like some people itf seem to think.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's a Polish setting that liberally uses mythology from non-Polish sources, but doesn't show non-whites at all because "whoops we forgot they exist"

Agrajag posted:

character animations and customization in inquisition are pure trash
Witcher 3 has better animations, but Inquisition has better customization.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Schnorkles posted:

i thought the Witcher 3 was somewhere between good and great but not transcendental like some people itf seem to think.

now fallout 4...................

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

its gonna pass n we are all gonna die

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Al! posted:

i thought fallout 4 was p. bad tbh

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nichael posted:

Youre retard with bad opinions and bad taste

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
witcher 3 definitely stands head and shoulders above most games out today.

refute this ya nerds

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i liked new vegas lots and lots

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

fallout 4 was a step down from even fallout 3 in every aspect other than combat and even then the combat wasn't good enough to make up for everything else like encounter design and pacing and overall cohesion being much worse

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

I'd go as far to say it is great, but it is by no means transcendental. And yeah, I still like Dragon Age a lot better.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Turdfuzz posted:

its gonna pass n we are all gonna die

we will die together, turdfuzz.

together. :twisted:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Phi230 posted:

Youre retard with bad opinions and bad taste

kill youre parents

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Al! posted:

is bad and even with steam sale the season pass (for bad dlc's) still costs more than full priced games

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nichael posted:

It doesn't suck, but it's ridiculously easy even on death march. A lot of the game's big flaws seem to be overlooked or excused, but are harped on in other games.

I wonder why

Oh because tw3 does good
....other games do bad

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nichael posted:

It's a Polish setting that liberally uses mythology from non-Polish sources, but doesn't show non-whites at all because "whoops we forgot they exist"

Persona 5 features a lot of non-Japanese mythology, but I can't recall anybody ever even questioning that it's all Japanese people

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

dude is prescient

It's spelled "president"

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Schnorkles posted:

i liked new vegas lots and lots

lol loser

the only good fallout games were the interplay ones.

fallout

fallout 2

fallout tactics (multiplayer was pretty drat fun)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Agrajag posted:

witcher 3 definitely stands head and shoulders above most games out today.

refute this ya nerds

I think it does too, it's just still not "greatest game of all time" material that people make it out to be, and a lot of flaws exist in it that people ignore.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Persona 5 features a lot of non-Japanese mythology, but I can't recall anybody ever even questioning that it's all Japanese people
The politics (and optics!) are a lot different. Global culture is effectively dominated by images of white people, so having yet another all white game is not great.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rah! posted:

"lets be civil and understanding and have a debate with the nazis" -a big dumb moron

"Lol 420 69 punch all nazis in sight lmbo" -a cool and good person

"Lets meet up to discuss forming a working group to assess the question of whether nazis should be punched" - a moderate

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Agrajag posted:

lol loser

fallout

fallout 2

i loved fallout 2

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Agrajag posted:

lol loser

fallout

fallout 2

i wish bethesda had obsidian do fallout tactics 2, that kind of thing sounds more their jam at the size of their company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Lol this photo could have been a hilarious joke in a movie or tv show as recently as a year ago

• Locked thread