Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Weeping Wound posted:

please make more games where society has proceeded past despair and are content to wallow in their anguish/own feces

I play video games to escape reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Al! posted:

fallout 4 was actually hella good suck it goons :flipoff:
its not that great

Agrajag posted:

i really awnt to like xcom but i just could never get into the design and aesthetics choices of that game. i love the fallout design/lore/aesthetics more.
yeah that genre should be used in a lot more settings and worlds, tbqh

currently it's just shadowrun and xcom and both are varying degrees of whizbang techno dystopian hellhole

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Al! posted:

fallout 4 was actually hella good suck it goons :flipoff:

bad berson likes bad bideo bame

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Weeping Wound posted:

please make more games where society has proceeded past despair and are content to wallow in their anguish/own feces
the guy behind LISA is making a new game :peanut:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Nichael posted:

I'm not talking about that, I mean the player character is a lot more customizable in terms of other things.

except it doesn't take place in Poland, and liberally uses non-Polish mythology in other places

well duh witcher 3 you play as an actual pre-existing character in a well established story/series

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

tacodaemon posted:

:laffo: liberals want trump impeached so this guy will be president

A friend made a good point that has convinced me that Trump should be impeached.

Trump should be impeached for the sake of democracy, for the well being of our Republic. Trump is a cancer and deserves to be impeached. He is an embarrassment and his presence damages the prestige and reputation of the U.S. Plus, Pence couldn't be any worse.

Looking at it from that standpoint, it probably should happen.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Xcom 2 was good but the combat boiled down to manipulating when in a turn the enemy would see you, and the difference between a terrible fight and good fight was almost 100% based on it.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Night in the Woods and Kentucky Route Zero are the Trumpiest video games other there (though I never played Lisa, which seems too creepy for me)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

radical meme posted:

A friend made a good point that has convinced me that Trump should be impeached.

Trump should be impeached for the sake of democracy, for the well being of our Republic. Trump is a cancer and deserves to be impeached. He is an embarrassment and his presence damages the prestige and reputation of the U.S. Plus, Pence couldn't be any worse.

Dude, it's too late. Trump getting impeached doesn't mean he retroactively wasn't president. Trump always will have been president, that is an immutable fact of history now

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

radical meme posted:

if we're impeaching people for the sake of the dignity of democracy let me introduce you to the house of Representatives

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Agrajag posted:

well duh witcher 3 you play as an actual pre-existing character in a well established story/series
right. he's still effectively less customizable even with decisions he makes within that game alone.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i like playing games where you hunt and brutally slaughter the avatars of living breathing human beings

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

LISA is such a great game, it's an entire state(world?) where people have embraced "nothing matters" until your player character fucks up that particular unity in dystopia

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Schnorkles posted:

u care a whole lot about bideo games

BADONG

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

oh hell yeah!!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

sentenced to 30 days of salt mining in sports argument stadium

never post in SAS, not even once

sports are boring these days

https://twitter.com/dril/status/568056615355740160?lang=en

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was thinking about Legend of the Galactic Heroes, and it seems like it presents one of the strengths of Democracy as a baseline minimum competence of leaders. They might be cowards or poo poo heads or entirely self-serving, but with a democracy you won't get a complete hosed up retard monster like you can get with a hereditary monarchy.

lol

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nichael posted:

right. he's still effectively less customizable even with decisions he makes within that game alone.

seems like youre missing the point

I bet you like bethesda games too lmao if you like playing storyless empty suits

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

nobody was really content with it in LISA though, everyone lost their loving minds because of how hopeless things were

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Yinlock posted:

nobody was really content with it in LISA though, everyone lost their loving minds because of how hopeless things were
is there a functional difference

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Phi230 posted:

seems like youre missing the point

I bet you like bethesda games too lmao if you like playing storyless empty suits

I can't stand Bethesda. And I keep saying I like TW3 lol

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

its not that great

yeah that genre should be used in a lot more settings and worlds, tbqh

currently it's just shadowrun and xcom and both are varying degrees of whizbang techno dystopian hellhole

lets not also forget about the massive massive list of options you as the player had to configure your team's loadout

armor, weapons, skills, traits, and drug enhancements. (skills/traits/drugs also affected your AP iirc) GOD i miss playing fallout tactics

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Nichael posted:

"Not T!"

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/878736985833295873

and we're supposed to be loving civil towards them

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Vertical Lime posted:

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Turdfuzz posted:

its gonna pass n we are all gonna die

:hellyeah: watching my dad die slowly because he can't afford his asthma medicine.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Vertical Lime posted:

some days i just wanna start running for office and just tell every gop member to gently caress off and kill themselves as my platform

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Whaaaaaat

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

also tax the everliving gently caress out of the rich and cut military spending by like 75%

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nichael posted:

I can't stand Bethesda. And I keep saying I like TW3 lol

why don't you like wticher you a dumbo huh

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Guy Goodbody posted:

I was thinking about Legend of the Galactic Heroes, and it seems like it presents one of the strengths of Democracy as a baseline minimum competence of leaders. They might be cowards or poo poo heads or entirely self-serving, but with a democracy you won't get a complete hosed up retard monster like you can get with a hereditary monarchy.

lol

well one strength with democracy is that the poo poo leaders can be removed in a pretty short time. A bad king might last decades

in theory

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

it's called "ninja tears" and every now and then he posts a character art of it but currently busy (full time developing it now i think)

https://twitter.com/COMETandCROW

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Vertical Lime posted:

WRONG
https://twitter.com/Al_Baldasaro/status/878335669055221760

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
more goons should be as blessed as i was to have played fallout tactics multiplayer back in the day

literally the height of multiplayer turn based tactics game, for me

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

U. Delaware prof under fire for saying Otto Warmbier got 'what he deserved' in N. Korea

quote:

Kathy Dettwyler, a 62-year-old professor in the anthropology department, wrote in the now-removed Facebook post that the 22-year-old was “typical of a mindset of a lot of the young, white, rich, clueless males who come into my classes.”

“These are the same kids who cry about their grades because they didn’t think they’d really have to read and study the material to get a good grade,” Dettwyler wrote. “His parents ultimately are to blame for his growing up thinking he could get away with whatever he wanted. Maybe in the US, where young, white, rich, clueless white males routinely get away with raping women. Not so much in North Korea. And of course, it’s Ottos’ parents who will pay the price for the rest of their lives.”

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I didn't advocate killing Hillary, it's just my opinion that the Constitution thinks she should be shot

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Agrajag posted:

more goons should be as blessed as i was to have played fallout tactics multiplayer back in the day

literally the height of multiplayer turn based tactics game, for me

Fallout 1 & 2 were infinitely better than the weird abortions that came later like unwanted Trump children.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

is there a functional difference

more pro-wrestling

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

that prof owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006