Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I was thinking more like Craig Jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

algebra testes posted:

I doubt spain loses a race as stupid as that sounds, but its getting complicated with Finland, Sokol and Thailand coming in, and Austria and Jerez being out of contract.

Ditching a home gp like Jerez doesn't "feel" right but I may be wrong.

Potentially Finland can get pushed a year and thry dont have to make any decisions for a year and see how all the tracks shape up.

send them to road america, remove the motorcycle chicane at the kink, have the highest top speed of all world tracks.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Zarco gets pole at Assen.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Skreemer posted:

:woop:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Skreemer posted:

gently caress yeah.

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013
On a scale of 1 to 10, how embarrassing is that for the works Yamaha team?

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Barnsy posted:

Not as embarrassing as it was for the Ducati works team to see Redding place well in Q2 while Lorenzo languished at the rear end-end of the grid.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Ducati got their hilarious clown action out of the way in FP1 when george fell off on dovi's oil slick.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Barnsy posted:

Back in the day, you'd have works bikes on non works teams, so it wasn't uncommon for that to be seen as a win for the factory.

These days though I get the feeling that it's seen as a mark of "our bike is so good that even without all the fancy bits it's still faster than factory Honda."

edit: ahaha rumours are circulating that Valentino is riding a tech 3 chassis.

DirtRoadJunglist posted:

Not as embarrassing as it was for the Ducati works team to see Redding place well in Q2 while Lorenzo languished at the rear end-end of the grid.

Weather or no, behind a KTM!!!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Rip Vinales

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Zarco's tires cooked?

(Petrucci! My goodness)

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
And now pitlane is open!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
BAH GAWD THAT'S DOVISIOSO'S MUSIC!!!!!! :bahgawd:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
:psyduck:

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
congrats on 115 years in motoGP i suppose

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Yoooooooo those last few laps :psyboom:

Rossi :unsmith:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Yeah. I've been watching for so long that I realise that he probably doesn't have many left so I like it when he ekes one out. :unsmith:

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Moto3 was a good race, too bad for Bensnyder at the end. Mir lost it in the last few corners and there was a mad scramble for first.

Say what you will, this GP race was pretty good. That battle for 3rd when Crutchlow showed up.

Go Petrucci, and 115 wins for Rossi.

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jun 25, 2017

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Skreemer posted:

Moto3 was a good race, too bad for Bensnyder at the end. Mir lost it in the last few corners and there was a mad scramble for first.

Say what you will, this GP race was pretty good. That battle for 3rd when Crutchlow showed up.

Go Petrucci, and 115 wins for Rossi.

Someone gif crashing over the finish line.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

algebra testes posted:

edit: ahaha rumours are circulating that Valentino is riding a tech 3 chassis.

Yamaha got things so wrong in 2006 they went back to the previous years' frame. This was part of the reason why Nicky won that year.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Dovi :allears:

Lol @ zarco getting suckered by assen rain and :laffo: at george for panicking the moment some drops hit his visor.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
That slide Marky did while coming into the chicane behind Zarco, holy poo poo. I can't find a clip of it to post here but holy poo poo. I don't know how that guy doesn't win every race everywhere.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Watching Rossi win was fuckin cool. 115 holy crap.

Anyone know of a good website or app that has the dates/channel for qualifying/races aired in the US on cable? I always seem to miss out on a lot of the races and would like to see all if them if I can.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I don't know how that guy doesn't win every race everywhere.

I'm 100% convinced the only reason he doesn't is because ninja reflexes and godlike talent can't make a slow bike accelerate faster.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
I still really enjoy these. http://www.bikeme.tv/index.php/first-time-i-see-back-markers-many-years-bringing-back-yes/

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

n8r posted:

Yamaha got things so wrong in 2006 they went back to the previous years' frame. This was part of the reason why Nicky won that year.

I thought Marquez was still using a 2014 chassis...but yeah it's amazing how much more it happens in MotoGP versus F1 or other forms of racing.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I mean those top 5 finish times:

1-2 decided by 0.06 sec, and 3-5 decided by a total split of 0.12. What a fuckin' end.

Chris Knight fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Jun 26, 2017

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Chris Knight posted:

I mean those top 5 finish times:

1-2 decided by 0.06 sec, and 3-5 decided by a total split of 0.12. What a fuckin' end.

Aprilia didn't blow up! :aaa:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

More Ducatis in the top 10 than Hondas, wow.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
The 2017 Duc is no longer a second tier bike. That's it's legit competitiveness. The new yam chassis is no good and the repsol honda is trash. It's starting to look like MM can't Lead development on the bike cause it's gotten steadily worse since Casey gave him a fantastic bike

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Maybe HRC is spending too much time socializing with Honda F1?

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
The new Aprilia chassis seems decent and Aleix even managed to finish a race without a mechanical issue, top 10 even.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

nsaP posted:

The 2017 Duc is no longer a second tier bike. That's it's legit competitiveness. The new yam chassis is no good and the repsol honda is trash. It's starting to look like MM can't Lead development on the bike cause it's gotten steadily worse since Casey gave him a fantastic bike

The fantastic bike Casey spent his entire season complaining about chatter on? Or the fantastic bike designed to take advantage of bridgestone front tyres?

He's not a development rider though I'll agree with that. Problem with hiring cunts straight out of m2 more than anything.

Buhbuhj posted:

The new Aprilia chassis seems decent and Aleix even managed to finish a race without a mechanical issue, top 10 even.

They got their mechanical out of the way during Sam Lowes' qualifying.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Slavvy posted:

Or the fantastic bike designed to take advantage of bridgestone front tyres?

Sounds like this, specifically. the new Yamaha seems to be working for Vinales, the old one is the most neutral and straightforward chassis on the grid, and the Ducati seems to be capable. Not sure why the Suzuki has taken a step back though - have we just not focused on Iannone throwing it off the island because he's not on a Ducati?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

harperdc posted:

Sounds like this, specifically. the new Yamaha seems to be working for Vinales, the old one is the most neutral and straightforward chassis on the grid, and the Ducati seems to be capable. Not sure why the Suzuki has taken a step back though - have we just not focused on Iannone throwing it off the island because he's not on a Ducati?

IMO it's ducati curse in reverse, you need a Lorenzo-like style to take advantage of the Suzuki and iannone cut his teeth on a loving gp13.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

That slide Marky did while coming into the chicane behind Zarco, holy poo poo. I can't find a clip of it to post here but holy poo poo. I don't know how that guy doesn't win every race everywhere.

http://i.imgur.com/vlmg2Hi.gifv

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
It seems like sliding around wouldn't do you any favors in terms of tire management. Maybe it's faster on a per corner basis but slower in a total race time basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

He wasn't doing that on purpose...

Also all the bikes are sliding both wheels basically the entire time they aren't on the brakes or going in a straight line and it has been this way for over a decade.

• Locked thread