Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

ThndrShk2k posted:

I wouldn't say messiah as he'd analyze our genome.
But we get free specialized healthcare!

If by 'free specialized healthcare' you mean 'turning us into Cybermen', sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Rand alPaul posted:

FDR's tax rate was the best tax rate, quote if you're down.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

He's already doing that thing where you eat horrible food in Iowa.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

I hate the media.

I hate Democrats.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
To be honest Twitter and Facebook can be easily done via open source self/community hosting solutions using the OStatus protocol but since it costs money to run a popular one Facebook will always be around cus you sell your info to them via registration until people just quit it.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Hmm, yeah that sounds like boring poo poo

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Montasque posted:

Buddy if you travel and don't eat horrible local foods what are you traveling for?

Eat on eating on.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
At this point, how can people NOT know that the Zuck is running for President?

Like, when he shows up in some diner in the middle of Bumfuck Iowa, doesn't anyone tell him out loud that they know he's only doing this as a set-up for 2020?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Montasque posted:

https://twitter.com/infinite_scream/status/878778397794631680

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/878609925169184768

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

im glad matty y is being radicalized

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Montasque posted:

Midwest food is a waste, midwest food is a big fat mess especially compared to stuff like a legit taqueria.

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

Still impressed that they took pork and managed to make something even grosser looking.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Montasque posted:

is there a way to get zuckerberg to eat gross things like bull balls under the guise of it being a local special?

"just had some rocky mountain oysters. i love balls!"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Hmm, yeah that sounds like boring poo poo

luv the av :thunk:

Al! posted:

im glad matty y is being radicalized

like the best of us, he snapped in the right way, not the wrong way

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

anime was right posted:

it seems like billionaires have two modes of personality transition: they turn into hideous evil greed barons or they turn into benevolent money messiahs and i could genuinely see him becoming the latter. in which case he might actually be a good president.

that said, lol, im not taking that risk if i have to. hes also a total sociopath doofus so i think even if he tries to become the latter he wont be good at it.

that said, maaaaaaybe running on and implementing just "the things that more people want" could result in a net gain for the country so idk lol who cares we're all hosed

The problem is that the best we could hope for is a FDR. FDR killed radicalism in America and made people comfortable with managerial liberalism.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Darkman Fanpage posted:

is there a way to get zuckerberg to eat gross things like bull balls under the guise of it being a local special?

cuck zuck with bad food junk

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Lastgirl posted:

like the best of us, he snapped in the right way, not the wrong way

it's amazing how easy it'd be to break the wrong way

also im a moron how does single payer disproportionately affect white people

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

You don't need to go to Iowa to eat garbage.
KFC will make these if you ask.

It's not on the menu, but it's still orderable.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

etalian posted:

It's hilarious how centrist scum whine about single payer even though it has been deployed across multiple countries, everywhere from Germany and Japan.

But for some reason the biggest economy in the world can't make it happen.

"our country is too large for single-payer :qq: "

"our country isn't ready for single-payer :qq: "

"it's sexist and racist for everyone to be covered :qq: "

"think of the poor unemployed insurance workers :qq: "

"think of how doctors will have to go on food stamps if their pricing is capped :qq: "

"healthcare should be means-tested; should donald trump's kids get free healthcare? :qq: "

"let me point you to this other country and pretend I want a system just like that one, even though it's technically single-payer :qq: "

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

ThndrShk2k posted:

You don't need to go to Iowa to eat garbage.
KFC will make these if you ask.

It's not on the menu, but it's still orderable.

double down on heart failure

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Insincere pandering?

Maybe he is ready to run for office as a great Bad Dem canidate?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Dreylad posted:

also im a moron how does single payer disproportionately affect white people

probably something to do with psychical access to doctors or w/e, both distance & time wise

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/bunsuit/status/878303560449925120

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Lastgirl posted:

luv the av :thunk:

:grin: thanks babe

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

"our country is too large for single-payer :qq: "

"our country isn't ready for single-payer :qq: "

"it's sexist and racist for everyone to be covered :qq: "

"think of the poor unemployed insurance workers :qq: "

"think of how doctors will have to go on food stamps if their pricing is capped :qq: "

"healthcare should be means-tested; should donald trump's kids get free healthcare? :qq: "

"let me point you to this other country and pretend I want a system just like that one, even though it's technically single-payer :qq: "

Even hybrid European systems like Swiss one which are not 100% government run still are vastly better than the US system since the health insurance industry is heavily regulated, not for profit and
also the max out of cost pockets for things like deductibles are capped to reasonable amount & tied to income.

Reminder that California by itself has a larger population than many countries such as Canada and Australia.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
sorry, you're just being insanely hysterical right now with the whole MILLIONS ARE GOING TO DIE

its just not contributing to the national discourse, perhaps you should consider toning down your violent rhetoric before you can come talk with the civilized adults :smuggo:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Only 500,000 will die over 10 years :smug:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Montasque posted:

You're right. That tenderloin is comically undersized.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

etalian posted:

Even hybrid European systems like Swiss one which are not 100% government run still are vastly better than the US system since the health insurance industry is heavily regulated, not for profit and
also the max out of cost pockets for things like deductibles are capped to reasonable amount & tied to income.

yet nary a dailykos single-payer thread goes by without that trope of "why can't we have something like the swiss system instead?"

like, medicare part b supplemental insurance is a bunch of private insurers adminstering plans that are cost-controlled, as providers are cost-controlled under medicare, and I'd be super-happy if everyone could purchase these plans.

and once again I'll point out that medicare part b supplemental plans are profitable to insurers--even with government's cost controls--while insurers are losing money on obamacare plans for individuals. Dems can't even lie and say their corporate owners won't allow them to have single-payer bc within five years or sooner private insurers are gonna start demanding it.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Willa Rogers posted:

yet nary a dailykos single-payer thread goes by without that trope of "why can't we have something like the swiss system instead?"

like, medicare part b supplemental insurance is a bunch of private insurers adminstering plans that are cost-controlled, as providers are cost-controlled under medicare, and I'd be super-happy if everyone could purchase these plans.

and once again I'll point out that medicare part b supplemental plans are profitable to insurers--even with government's cost controls--while insurers are losing money on obamacare plans for individuals. Dems can't even lie and say their corporate owners won't allow them to have single-payer bc within five years or sooner private insurers are gonna start demanding it.

so ur saying...... try not to die for about 5-10 years and everything will be good?

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Homeless Friend posted:

probably something to do with psychical access to doctors or w/e, both distance & time wise

that is a challenge for canadian healthcare for sure but the alternative is uhhh

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Willa Rogers posted:

Because the US is dominated by lovely special interests like big pharma cranking out things like 100k medicine

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm going to drive the centrists into the sea

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

anime was right posted:

so ur saying...... try not to die for about 5-10 years and everything will be good?

to be fair, the ACA only covers about half of the uninsured that existed pre-ACA, so plenty of people have been dying anyway (and that's leaving aside the third of americans with insurance and the quarter of those with insurance + serious conditions deferring medical care last year because of costs).

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Venom Snake posted:

I'm going to drive the centrists into the sea

actually republicans are doing that

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

etalian posted:

Because the US is dominated by lovely special interests like big pharma cranking out things like 100k medicine

yah, pharma sucks, and I'm pretty sure that's why CA's single-payer bill is getting shelved for now.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

oh cool a quote from some conservative think tank ghoul

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

etalian posted:

Even hybrid European systems like Swiss one which are not 100% government run still are vastly better than the US system since the health insurance industry is heavily regulated, not for profit

a bunch of insurance companies are nonprofit like the majority of blue crosses, and they're just as lovely as unitedhealth or cigna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Homeless Friend posted:

actually republicans are doing that

Raising sea levels doesn't count

• Locked thread