Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I've only played for a few hours, but I'm really enjoying it. It does have a bit of Viva Pinata feel, but probably more of SimEarth. Got it on the gift train, so I can't really say if it's worth the price. Feels like there's some pc port issues? It doesn't seem to save my resolution/fullscreen setting whenever I start the game up, and there's zero graphical settings to speak of. I'm playing with a controller but there's still a mouse cursor that keeps being put in the middle of the screen so I need to move it. Not sure how well my motivation will hold up once I finished the guided story, but I can see the desire to fill up the entire creature/plant pokedex.

e: Okay, fair warning on the Viva Pinata bit. There is no interaction with the creatures. You control only the environment. There is no real-time mode. While you are making changes to the world everything is paused, then you switch to another mode where you can make time pass either quickly or superfast.

Olive! fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

capcom took down the great ace attorney translation from youtube, just to further kick american anime lawyer fans in the face a bit

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Quest For Glory II posted:

capcom took down the great ace attorney translation from youtube, just to further kick american anime lawyer fans in the face a bit

Why would you put that on youtube instead of releasing a patch for the rom.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sweet ad money (maybe)

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Lurdiak posted:

Why would you put that on youtube instead of releasing a patch for the rom.

Because first amendment rights and Fair Use under Educational reasoning, apparently. At least that's what the dude that uploaded them (and didn't keep a local copy) seems to think is true.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ometeotl posted:

the dude that uploaded them (and didn't keep a local copy)

🤔

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm kind of late to it I guess (maybe people already hate it) but I spent this week playing Prey and really enjoyed it. The combat isn't very good/the loading times are insane (on PS4 at least)/some of the quests bugged out on me/I'm not sure crafting really needed to be there since I always had too much of everything already

But I thought the story was neat and I really got into exploring the space station/reading all the dumb little emails. idk I thought it was impressive

was there a backlash or anything to the ending because it seems like the kind of thing the internet would get mad at (I liked it)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
General consensus is mixed on the ending. It's a real love-it-or-hate-it kind of thing. I liked it, even though it's signposted with giant neon lights reading THIS IS WHAT THE TWIST AT THE END WILL BE from pretty much moment one.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
God I wish I could use fulton recovery system in real life.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Nierbo posted:

God I wish I could use fulton recovery system in real life.

Nothing's stopping you, if you don't mind losing things forever and being responsible for deaths caused by crates falling at people from random heights.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Dear diary, today I discovered that the Guitar Hero 3 PC port is flawless and has been cracked so wide open by the modding community that it now supports not just the tapping notes from World Tour onward but the open-strum notes from Warriors of Rock and World Tour's bass guitar. It also ports over songs from the other GH games and Rock band 1:1 and has full support for customs with a third-party tool. It's actually kind of nuts what these people are capable of! Now I'm going to play Guitar Hero for the rest of eternity, hooray!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I bought Earth Defense Force 4.1 in the sale and have it downloading right now. Anything I should know?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CJacobs posted:

Dear diary, today I discovered that the Guitar Hero 3 PC port is flawless and has been cracked so wide open by the modding community that it now supports not just the tapping notes from World Tour onward but the open-strum notes from Warriors of Rock and World Tour's bass guitar. It also ports over songs from the other GH games and Rock band 1:1 and has full support for customs with a third-party tool. It's actually kind of nuts what these people are capable of! Now I'm going to play Guitar Hero for the rest of eternity, hooray!

Is there a mod where you can wail on the buttons like a rhythm-less imbecile but it still registers it as perfect inputs on the hardest difficulty?

chumbler posted:

I bought Earth Defense Force 4.1 in the sale and have it downloading right now. Anything I should know?

Shoot at the bugs.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
It's you, you're the Guitar Hero.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

chumbler posted:

press the button that makes you sing the EDF anthem

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lurdiak posted:

Is there a mod where you can wail on the buttons like a rhythm-less imbecile but it still registers it as perfect inputs on the hardest difficulty?

Yes, there's a plugin with the GH3+ mod that makes every note a tap note so you don't even have to strum. There also is a bot you can toggle either to play for you or to fight against you in the battle mode. The bot doesn't use star power in battle mode, so if you do fight it competently you can actually win which is pretty great.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CJacobs posted:

Yes, there's a plugin with the GH3+ mod that makes every note a tap note so you don't even have to strum. There also is a bot you can toggle either to play for you or to fight against you in the battle mode. The bot doesn't use star power in battle mode, so if you do fight it competently you can actually win which is pretty great.

Hooray, my arthritic old man fingers will hold me back no longer. :toot:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just got Sproggiwood finally and oh my god it's so cute :3:

and also super super fun goddamn

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Sproggiwood is great and I love that those devs went on to make the insane Caves of Qud

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Other way around, kinda.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
It is now midnight where I am, which means it's now my birthday!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Hey man happy birthday :)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Happy bday! :toot:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Happy birthday! It's this guy's birthday too!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Heya, KCB is streaming some of that Heart's Medicine game. I dunno if anybody is bored and feels like having background noise for a bit but eh, thought I'd drop a link just in case.

https://smashcast.tv/firstaidkite

Happy birthday! :D

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Happy birthday! It's this guy's birthday too!

happy birthday paramesotriton

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
what's the goon discord chan again

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Uhhhh who named this lizard after me???

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
oh shet brah, that news ticker at the bottom of the screen is dark

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

That's just life brah. Sometimes things gotta die off to make room for others :shrug:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

chumbler posted:

I can't remember number it is but there's one mission it's really easy to grind on Inferno, even with crappy weapons, to get OP ones, it's the one that's a beach defence, you can let the NPCs take care of pretty much everything then swoop in and grab all the drops.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

That's just life brah. Sometimes things gotta die off to make room for others :shrug:

I always felt bad for the timid ikustega in EVO. The world just passed them by...

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I beat the story mode of Birthdays in 6 1/2 hours. There are some individual challenges, as well as the free play goal of filling your creature dex. Manipulating the terrain gets worse as the world expands each 'episode', because while your editing cursor expands as you level, the speed at which you actually raise and lower terrain never does. There's an animation every time you raise and lower blocks so you cannot smoothly carve out rivers or anything like that.

What the gently caress was with the ending though. You finally evolve humans and recreate civilization. You return to your house but you don't recognize the person in there at all. You shake your fist and yell to your robot guide "this isn't what we agreed on!!!" Roll credits.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Happy birthday to all goons and dinosaurs

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ever Oasis is apparently one of those 'I just started playing and suddenly it's three hours later' games for me, I haven't even gotten to the second dungeon yet.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

I can't remember number it is but there's one mission it's really easy to grind on Inferno, even with crappy weapons, to get OP ones, it's the one that's a beach defence, you can let the NPCs take care of pretty much everything then swoop in and grab all the drops.

Sounds like Mission 14: Preventing Landfall.

chumbler posted:

Ranger is the most versatile and easiest to play of the soldier types. A Ranger with assault rifle & rocket launcher is good against just about everything.

Wing Diver gets fancy energy weapons and the best mobility with her jump pack, but also gets the least armor.

Air Raider gets artillery, airstrikes, orbital lasers, sticky bombs, vehicle drops, and a bunch of co-op focused stuff like powerup zones and laser guides for allied missiles. Their support strikes can do a ton of damage over a huge area, but they have weak anti-air until you can get certain weapons like Naegling Self-Propelled Rockets, Limpet Snipers, or Skytrap Wires. Most of their support isn't available in cave missions, although their placeable turrets and shrapnel bombs are really strong underground. There are also one or two missions where some of your support just isn't available.

Fencer is for try-hards. If you play Fencer, you ought to know about dash-canceling. All of the close combat weapons like your starting Blasthole Spear will let you do a quick jet-dash in any direction by pressing Shift or Space (depending on which hand the weapon is in). If you have a shield in your other hand, then you can press Space or Shift (whichever one isn't the dash) to reflect enemy projectiles. Using reflect at the right time during a dash will cancel the animation and let you dash much more quickly. The shield reflect winds up being a Fencer's strongest attack on higher difficulties so git gud with it.

And make sure you go into your game options and bind the EDF fight song to your L-Ctrl quick chat.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jun 25, 2017

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I would like to participate in the Steam sale excitement but there's nothing that I really want or need right now.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I bought some poo poo in the recent steam, gog, and playstation sales and I just ended up replaying super metroid again

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

exquisite tea posted:

I would like to participate in the Steam sale excitement but there's nothing that I really want or need right now.
I have some stuff I want but none of it is that much off % wise in the sale so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I was thinking about getting around to Oxenfree but I feel like that game already goes on sale for 5bux every other week. I feel obligated to buy it given my love of narrative games starring disaffected youth.

• Locked thread